Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 07-05-2017, 2:00 PM

Default Any Sample Good Cause Statements that Worked in San Bernardino County?

Can I get some sample good cause statements that were recently accepted in San Bernardino County?

I was going to state for "Personal Protection" as I mountain bike in very remote areas and own a business where I commonly have to turn down sometimes desperate people for employment.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Last edited by ib4275; 07-05-2017 at 2:05 PM.. Reason: additional info
Old 07-05-2017, 4:12 PM

Pretty sure SB is fine with that.
Old 07-05-2017, 7:13 PM

Cannot be used for business or employment
Old 07-05-2017, 8:32 PM

ab109, prop 47 ,crime in the neighborhood,come home late from work at night. SB is Pro 2A. The sheriff has stated he wants his law abiding citizens to have their CCW. Personal protection with a little "meat and potatoes" and you'll be good to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-05-2017, 8:36 PM

I would list who you are afraid of and this is why you need personal protection.

I also listed work as reason and stated what that was.

I was approved and range class is 9/30
Old 07-08-2017, 6:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjxd View Post
ab109, prop 47 ,crime in the neighborhood
^^^^^
This
Old 07-08-2017, 6:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjxd View Post
ab109, prop 47 ,crime in the neighborhood,come home late from work at night. SB is Pro 2A. The sheriff has stated he wants his law abiding citizens to have their CCW. Personal protection with a little "meat and potatoes" and you'll be good to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PP is acceptable but dressing it up a bit as you did is preferred. Good job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by done-it-again View Post
I would list who you are afraid of and this is why you need personal protection.

I also listed work as reason and stated what that was.

I was approved and range class is 9/30
You can't use 'work' as a GC. No need to list who you are afraid of either.
Old 07-08-2017, 8:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 38Special View Post
PP is acceptable but dressing it up a bit as you did is preferred. Good job.

You can't use 'work' as a GC. No need to list who you are afraid of either.
Work wasn't my sole reasoning for applying, but being in a family business and visiting empty warehouses in LA and surrounding areas for pontentail projects and also being the last one leaving the office most evenings. For me it was worth the brief write up.

As for the no reason to list who you are afraid of. Well during my interview there was someone else doing the same. Apparently he only used PP or close to it and the officer was drilling him why he needs PP. this went on for about 5 min. Asking him who he is afraid of, even bringing my officer over asking if he was afraid of him. In the end he mentioned 'gangs' and his interview moved forward.

So in the end what I wrote worked for me, because it's true.
Old 05-13-2018, 7:07 AM

Default Proof read of my good cause statement? Please.

I often come home late from work. My neighbor is a LA Sheriff and my brothers girlfriend who is at my home often because my brother lives with me is a LAPD detective. I do worry that my home and my neighbor's home may be a point of interest for a criminal looking for revenge or to prove a point. I also worry about the safety of my community and more importantly my children while we are out and about.

This is what I came up with for my GC statement. If I used any words that are frowned upon or something that would flag me for any negative reason please let me know. Thank you.
Old 05-13-2018, 5:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txrexmc View Post
I often come home late from work. My neighbor is a LA Sheriff and my brothers girlfriend who is at my home often because my brother lives with me is a LAPD detective. I do worry that my home and my neighbor's home may be a point of interest for a criminal looking for revenge or to prove a point. I also worry about the safety of my community and more importantly my children while we are out and about.

This is what I came up with for my GC statement. If I used any words that are frowned upon or something that would flag me for any negative reason please let me know. Thank you.

Honestly if I was approving your application, I would pretty much say ok, so this guy wants a conceal carry permit to carry a concealed weapon in public.... protect himself at home...?
Old 05-13-2018, 9:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Dumb View Post
Honestly if I was approving your application, I would pretty much say ok, so this guy wants a conceal carry permit to carry a concealed weapon in public.... protect himself at home...?

I appreciate your response, but I don't quite understand what you are trying to say. Could you clarify please?
Old 05-13-2018, 9:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txrexmc View Post
I appreciate your response, but I don't quite understand what you are trying to say. Could you clarify please?

Your good cause statement basically says you dont feel safe at home. You dont need a permit to carry in your home.

You need to explain why you feel the need to protect yourself when you are NOT home.
Old 05-19-2018, 11:06 PM

I am requesting a permit to carry a concealed weapon because I worry about the rate of crime in my city of San Bernardino, the safety of my children, my family, and myself. I pray that my firearm will remain holstered but I would like to be one of the good guys who is prepared to legally take action in a life threatening situation.

How does this sound? May I please have some advice/suggestions? Thank you.