Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 08-07-2011, 2:51 PM
Veteran Member

The wheels of justice turn slowly, oh so frutratingly slowly!
Old 08-07-2011, 3:19 PM
No, I am not a Moderator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Stanislaus View Post
The wheels of justice turn slowly, oh so frutratingly slowly!
But now they turn in the proper direction.

-Gene

DONATE NOW
to support the rights of California gun owners. Follow @CalgunsFdn on Twitter.
Opinions posted in this account are my own and not the approved position of any organization.
I read PMs. But, if you need a response, include an email address or email me directly!

"The problem with being a gun rights supporter is that the left hates guns and the right hates rights." -Anon
Old 08-13-2011, 12:20 AM

Hey all, I'm new here, but I've already got a dozen people lined up for the grassroots letter to the city counsel.

Who Dares, Wins!
Old 08-13-2011, 9:20 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffmang View Post
But now they turn in the proper direction.

-Gene

Keep'm roll'n Gene, keep'm roll'n!
Old 08-21-2011, 8:44 AM

Sarcasm Delete...

Last edited by DRAB_81; 10-07-2011 at 2:30 PM..
Old 08-28-2011, 8:43 PM

New member here. Just wanted to say THANK YOU to all you Cal Gun members that are helping get this effort going. Ive sent 2 letters and im on stand by for the good news to come!
Old 08-30-2011, 10:19 PM

Default Unconstitutional

I know this is probably a stupid question... but when does the law ever make any sense....? The 2nd Ammendment makes no mention of limiting the type of firearm, amunition, or quantity of firearms a person can carry; nor does it have any language prohibiting any future weapons not yet perceived or prohibit we the people from any specific method of carrying or bearing firearms.

That being said how are any of the laws passed in our state banning firearms, limiting use, or our various counties requiring we apply for CCW's and then denying us of our CCW's legal let alone Constitutional? Why isn't it easier to sue over or over turn these nonsensical and unconstitutional laws on that basis alone? Is it really only left wing politics and stupidity that keep these laws in force?

Any Explanations?
Old 09-01-2011, 7:55 PM

I have sent PMs to the "people of influence" in this area regarding my LTC application. If one of you could please contact me I'd appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!
Old 09-01-2011, 8:07 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steersnstripes19 View Post
I know this is probably a stupid question... but when does the law ever make any sense....? The 2nd Ammendment makes no mention of limiting the type of firearm, amunition, or quantity of firearms a person can carry; nor does it have any language prohibiting any future weapons not yet perceived or prohibit we the people from any specific method of carrying or bearing firearms.

That being said how are any of the laws passed in our state banning firearms, limiting use, or our various counties requiring we apply for CCW's and then denying us of our CCW's legal let alone Constitutional? Why isn't it easier to sue over or over turn these nonsensical and unconstitutional laws on that basis alone? Is it really only left wing politics and stupidity that keep these laws in force?

Any Explanations?
This isn't really the right thread to go into how state and federal laws work. It has to do with incorporation... or lack there of.

See: Incorporation of the Bill of Rights.

There is a LOT to learn here as far as firearms and firearms related laws. WAY to much to get into. Browse around and do a lot of reading. Take care.

Check out my Tactical Machining 80% build

Absolute power corrupts absolutely, even on Calguns.
NRA Life Member
USPSA Member
IDPA Member
Old 09-06-2011, 9:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewG View Post
I have sent PMs to the "people of influence" in this area regarding my LTC application. If one of you could please contact me I'd appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!
Anyone?
Old 09-09-2011, 11:10 AM
Veteran Member

Question

Are SJ residents still encouraged to send the letter (in post 410) to their BoS?

Erik.
Old 09-10-2011, 11:10 AM

I wish the wheels of justice would roll a little faster...
Old 09-19-2011, 3:52 PM

Looking for a update ... Thank You.
Old 09-20-2011, 7:22 AM

I'll say it before someone else does "2 WEEKS" keep waiting. (
Old 09-28-2011, 6:16 PM

How about a status report.
Old 09-28-2011, 9:28 PM

Default CCW course, 2 days of fun and tons of information

Hey Calguns Members,

I just recently took my CCW course with Wesley Lagomarsino of Lagomarsino’s Firearms Institute also known as LFI on this forum. I’ve gotta share with you that if you’re looking for a CCW instructor, and you want 2 days of fun, well delivered information from a guy who has been there and done that - then give Wes a call. He’s a pretty humble guy, and a true professional at his craft.

I would list all of the things that we covered, but for the sake keeping this post simple and to the point, I will share the top 7 things that were pretty amazing.

• Victimology (The way Wes explains this, you will understand why you’re viewed as a walking ATM in the criminal mind)

• Proper clothing, colors, fabric weight and patterns (Holding a CCW means not attracting attention to yourself, blending in with your everyday environment is vital)

• Levels of Escalation ( Know this and you will instantly know how to deescalate any altercation quickly and safely )

• What to expect during a shooting as well as after the shooting (By far this was the most amazing part of the course. Knowing what’s going to happen after you survive a shooting, will prepare you for all the things you never even thought of. This part alone is well worth $1000, because you will spend more than that in legal fees, counseling, and putting your life back together.)

• What you need to do to keep your permit (The laws and codes of conduct that are taught are invaluable. Please do yourself a favor and learn how to keep your permit by knowing what to do and what not to do.)

• How to handle yourself if you should get pulled over by the police, sheriff or highway patrol (Ok, now this was a pretty eye opening topic, there are certain "words" you should never use in a situation like this. One of them being the word "gun")

• The difference between CA PC 187 and CA PC 197 (Simply put, one will send you to jail, the other will send you home to your family)

Overall, Wes likes to run his classes in the classic round robin and open forum type format, which created a real laid back fun and relaxing learning environment.

This was great because not only did we learn from Wes but we also learned a great deal from each other. My class was made up of guys in all walks of life from auto repairman, dentist, food shipping business, ex-military and other business owners.

I hope this helps you in some way, when you’re looking for your next CCW instructor

If you would like to contact Wes or want more information feel free to PM me or here is his web site. www.LFIguns.com

Have a great day,

Single_Shot
Old 09-29-2011, 7:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonB View Post
How about a status report.
If there was any news or progress, it would be posted here immediately. Unfortunately, there has never been any kind of clear, substantial update, so the wait will continue. Remember these phrases, they always help me when I get frustrated and impatient.

"These things don't happen over night"
"This is Chess, not Checkers"
"You have to be patient"
"You will have an update VERY soon"
Old 09-29-2011, 5:39 PM

I work in Emergency Management. One key rule is that you must communicate, even when there is nothing to communicate. Perhaps the solution is for those in the "know" of what is happening to simply post a "Unfortunately, there is nothing new to report, as the work being done can not be discussed in an open forum. Rest assured that we are still working on it." or "Unfortunately, there is nothing new to report as we are waiting on a response/court case/funding/etc... Rest assured that we are still working on it."

Something like this, on a weekly or bi-weekly basis would go a long way in helping those of us that don't see wheels spinning to know that we are not forgotten. We are 2 weeks away from the 1 year mark for this thread. Something more than "These things don't happen over night" would be nice.
Old 10-07-2011, 2:29 PM

I've had a sinking feeling for a long time now, that the next "progress update" will be another Grass Roots Task right before election time next year...

I started thinking this right around the time I got my denial letter 7 or 8 months ago. I remember reading a couple posts saying to be patient, and to look at what was done in Sacramento County, and now Stanislaus. They both got new Sheriffs elected, and now they are essentially Shall Issue.

I'm all for it, but it would have been really nice to know if that was the plan all along.

Last edited by DRAB_81; 10-07-2011 at 2:50 PM..
Old 10-11-2011, 11:09 AM

Well......now there is some new law the sheriff will have to ignore ....all around us in San Joaquin county the rules are different , if i lived but 2 miles north , i'd be in Sac. county and could get my LTC (CCW).....

.......i did try , got my "so sorry" letter back in Jan. of this year , i belive I had a "GC" and had a well known person on this site look it over , but the Sheriff still said no....after a helping hand from somebody on this board , a letter was sent to the Sheriff , still have not got any news .........should I reapply/give up/get a lawyer ?

with this new law by J Brown...will it make a diff. to the San Joaquin Sheriff ?

kind of felt like I (and I'm sure there are others) were left out of the loop.............

rant over.....the new laws by JB got me a fired up.........sorry

semper Fi.

Last edited by green grunt; 10-11-2011 at 11:24 AM.. Reason: spelling
Old 10-11-2011, 2:58 PM
CGN Contributor

I assume there will be a sticky on the main CCW page on this, but CGF just released a very interesting report on the "Number of Concealed Carry Permits by County in California"

You can see it here. There is a nice overview of all counties on page 4.

According to the San Joaquin County listing (page 44), there is only one civilian with a LTC in Tracy, CA. I know of one, so that must be the guy?
Old 10-15-2011, 8:40 PM
Super Moderator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

I understand everyone's frustrations, and trust me, I am every bit as frustrated as the next guy. I want to assure you that San Joaquin County has not been forgotten. We will prevail, but specific strategies can not be discussed in open forum. The wheels turn slowly.

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it."

- Mark Twain

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Old 10-16-2011, 4:51 PM

Question LTC- Current status of San Joquin?

I thought I had read in one of the recent threads that San Joaquin has gone virtual "Shall Issue". Now I can't find it. Does anyone know the story?

I see by the recent stats they have 204 Civilian Licenses issued out of the SO...

SSRI Antidepressants, prescribed to every shooter of a major school shooting incident. "Side effects may include violent behavior".
Old 10-16-2011, 8:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfpcservice View Post
I thought I had read in one of the recent threads that San Joaquin has gone virtual "Shall Issue". Now I can't find it. Does anyone know the story?

I see by the recent stats they have 204 Civilian Licenses issued out of the SO...
You must have misread the information. San Joaquin County is by no means even close to shall issue. We're basically an island of bad LTC policy, as we're surrounded by Shall Issue counties (Sacramento & Stanislaus).

If the stat you're referencing is correct, then 0.00029% (1/3,431) of SJ county's population (approx. 700,000) has been approved for LTC.

Last edited by DRAB_81; 10-16-2011 at 8:12 PM..
Old 10-16-2011, 8:32 PM

I probably mistook it for Stanislaus. Thanks for the reply.
Old 10-16-2011, 8:47 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by huck View Post
I assume there will be a sticky on the main CCW page on this, but CGF just released a very interesting report on the "Number of Concealed Carry Permits by County in California"

You can see it here. There is a nice overview of all counties on page 4.

According to the San Joaquin County listing (page 44), there is only one civilian with a LTC in Tracy, CA. I know of one, so that must be the guy?
Your link works but it doesnt link to what you describe. When I follow it through to what you describe there is not a clear way to download the information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselpower View Post
Its very rare LEO encounter some armed crazy who is going to kill them, but it happens enough to warrant their training....... And its rare to encounter LEO willing to lie, cheat and falsify testimony, but it happens enough to warrant invoking all your rights the second you are stopped.
Old 10-16-2011, 8:59 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClamperSir View Post
Your link works but it doesnt link to what you describe. When I follow it through to what you describe there is not a clear way to download the information.
It's the link in the second paragraph.

You can also get there at http://calgunsfoundation.org/resourc...tc-report.html.

-Brandon

I do not read private messages, and my inbox is usually full. If you need to reach me, please email me instead.

My comments are not the official position or a statement of any organization unless stated otherwise. My comments are not legal advice; if you want or need legal advice, hire a lawyer.
Old 10-17-2011, 1:05 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildhawker View Post
It's the link in the second paragraph.

You can also get there at http://calgunsfoundation.org/resourc...tc-report.html.

-Brandon
When I go to the link there is no active download that allows me to view the content??

Quote:
Its very rare LEO encounter some armed crazy who is going to kill them, but it happens enough to warrant their training....... And its rare to encounter LEO willing to lie, cheat and falsify testimony, but it happens enough to warrant invoking all your rights the second you are stopped.
Old 10-17-2011, 5:57 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClamperSir View Post
When I go to the link there is no active download that allows me to view the content??
Are you clicking on the download button? Just checked it and it worked fine for me. Took me a while to find the button the first time.

"The best defense against usurpatory government is an assertive citizenry." - William F Buckley Jr.
Old 10-18-2011, 9:27 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Oh man what a moron!!! I scrolled over it a hundred times and since my arrow didnt change the the pointer finger I assumed it was not a button.

Thanks I just clicked it and got what I needed!!

Quote:
Old 10-23-2011, 5:27 PM
Super Moderator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Well our wonderful 2nd Amendment supporting life member of the NRA sheriff that denies all of us the right to protect ourselves, rolled up to a dinner at AG Spanos’s house on Friday night in a limo. Congressmen and CEO’s in attendance were less extravagant. I was wondering if our tax money is paying for his extravagance or if it comes out of his pocket. I guess this is kind of off topic… but it pissed me off and I felt like ranting.

PS. It is safe to say that he hates my guts

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it."

- Mark Twain

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Old 10-24-2011, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGER295 View Post
Well our wonderful 2nd Amendment supporting life member of the NRA sheriff that denies all of us the right to protect ourselves, rolled up to a dinner at AG Spanos’s house on Friday night in a limo. Congressmen and CEO’s in attendance were less extravagant. I was wondering if our tax money is paying for his extravagance or if it comes out of his pocket. I guess this is kind of off topic… but it pissed me off and I felt like ranting.

PS. It is safe to say that he hates my guts
Wow...just wow.
Old 11-17-2011, 3:25 PM

wow just read all of this! bump for any new news.
Old 11-18-2011, 8:43 AM
Veteran Member

It's been a year since the good cause statements were published... wheels still turning?

Any sort of progress update will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Check out my Tactical Machining 80% build

Absolute power corrupts absolutely, even on Calguns.
NRA Life Member
USPSA Member
IDPA Member
Old 11-18-2011, 9:39 AM
Veteran Member

53 murders this year in stockton, 700+ people shot, and about 100 officers leaving or already gone (because its way too dangerous in stockton). That leaves about 250 pd officers.

Thanks again for denying me sheriff douchebag!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar15barrels View Post
And yes, this IS gun school.
Welcome to class.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdsmchs View Post
There is life outside of Calguns
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishPirate View Post
stop looking to the internet to tell you everything you should do.....sack up and just do what you want!!!!!
Old 11-18-2011, 9:52 AM

We're not worthy to defend ourselves...
Old 11-18-2011, 11:31 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatseeker View Post
We're not worthy to defend ourselves...
That's just because you're not a personal friend of the sheriff. C'mon man, suck it up, do a little butt kiss'n and you'll be pack'n heat in no time!!
Old 11-18-2011, 11:59 AM

When's the next election. We need to work hard to get a new man in office.
Old 11-18-2011, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CL&RR View Post
When's the next election. We need to work hard to get a new man in office.
We'll have to see how that goes. His last opponent, who stated that he was very much pro-LTC was smashed in the election. IIRC, he only got 12% of the vote...

I think Sheriff Moore is very well connected and funded in his kingdom.

Edit, looked up the stats:
STEVE MOORE 59125 71.80%
ROBERT BOB MORENO 23010 27.94%
Write-in Votes 214 0.26%

A pounding none the less...

Last edited by Heatseeker; 11-19-2011 at 12:11 PM..
Old 11-23-2011, 3:32 PM

55 Homicides ties record high for Stockton, with still the month of December to go. But we can't arm ourselves. Seems the Sheriff has it all under control.