Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 12-22-2017, 9:44 AM

Default Yolo County

A friend is trying to apply for her CCW in Yolo County. They have told her she needs to have completed the training course and include her certificate with the application. Does this sound right ???

Any recommendations for instructors in the Vacaville, Fairfield, Davis or Woodland areas ???

Thank you in advance for your help....
Old 12-22-2017, 9:49 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Only that if she even gets it in Yolo county she should thank her lucky stars since we live in a "shall not issue" county.

She may be able to contact Yolo Sportsman Association (530) 662-2349 for training referrals, they should have something.
Old 12-22-2017, 9:50 AM
Front Toward Enemy 🔫
CGN Contributor

No they cannot require her to get training just to submit the application. It is the law. And Yolo is not really issuing new permits. Sounds like they are giving her the rope-a-dope.

PC26190(g)

Quote:
(g) Except as authorized pursuant to this section, no requirement, charge, assessment, fee, or condition that requires the payment of any additional funds by the applicant, or requires the applicant to obtain liability insurance, may be imposed by any licensing authority as a condition of the application for a license.

PC26202. Training comes after they decide to issue.

Quote:
26202. Upon making the determination of good cause pursuant to Section 26150 or 26155, the licensing authority shall give written notice to the applicant of the licensing authority s determination. If the licensing authority determines that good cause exists, the notice shall inform the applicants to proceed with the training requirements specified in Section 26165. If the licensing authority determines that good cause does not exist, the notice shall inform the applicant that the request for a license has been denied and shall state the reason from the department s published policy, described in Section 26160, as to why the determination was made.

Also PC26175(g)

Quote:
(g) An applicant shall not be required to complete any additional application or form for a license, or to provide any information other than that necessary to complete the standard application form described in subdivision (a), except to clarify or interpret information provided by the applicant on the standard application form.

"Texans always move them!"
General Robert E. Lee, May 6, 1864 - Battle of the Wilderness

Last edited by SkyHawk; 12-22-2017 at 10:00 AM..
Old 12-22-2017, 9:56 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

/\ This.
Old 12-22-2017, 10:07 AM
Some Yahoo on the Web
CGN Contributor

Sounds like YCSD is playing games....
"The best gun is the one you'll have on you when you need it the most, the one you know how to use, the one that goes BANG every single time you pull the trigger. Whether that gun cost you $349 or $1,100 it's worth every penny if it saves your life, or the life of someone you love. -Tim Schmit, CCW Magazine July 2015

Old 12-22-2017, 10:15 AM

Thank you for your replies.

I looked at the online application and they do ask for the certificate of training as well as firearm information.....

Just doesn't sound right.... Makes me happy that I live in Ventura County with an awesome Sheriff...... I didn't have to complete training or provide any firearm information until I had passed the background ....
Old 12-22-2017, 10:21 AM

I have passed along the information, Thank you again for all of your replies & help...
Old 12-22-2017, 10:44 AM
Veteran Member

The app I picked up some years back stated proof of training was needed before the ccw was approved but not needed at time of application submission. They also had a list of approved trainers in the area and would not accept any other than those listed. This was some years ago so things may be different.

Short version of Prieto's history: was sued and in the end, he won. So getting a ccw in Yolo for the most part comes down to handling large amounts of cash on a daily basis and nearly nothing else will he consider good cause.

Speaking to someone in another dept (CHP) familiar with Prieto; he was not a fan of ccw before the lawsuit and is even less so now. The majority of renewals go unanswered and/or his dept takes their sweet azz time processing them.

Good luck to your friend.