Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 11-12-2016, 5:30 PM

Default Ocsd ccw question.

I want to apply for Orange County ccw. My step father past away. He had a few pistols that aren't registered to me and not on the Cali list. They are with my mom in another state. Any way I can use one? And if so how do i go about doing that? Or should I just go buy a mew pistol that is registered to me ?
Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-12-2016, 5:43 PM

If they are registered with your Mom, she can Transfer them to you as a gift. Go to an FFL and pay the fee. The firearms must be registered to you to apply for a CCW.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

thrivnwitherik.le-vel.com/login

thrivnwitherik@gmail.com

Old 11-12-2016, 5:47 PM

Ok and what if it's not
On the California pistol list?

Old 11-12-2016, 5:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junglbunny View Post
Ok and what if it's not
On the California pistol list?

Roster doesn't matter. As long as it's in your name. Two of mine are off roster.
Old 11-12-2016, 5:52 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13animal13 View Post
If they are registered with your Mom, she can Transfer them to you as a gift. Go to an FFL and pay the fee. The firearms must be registered to you to apply for a CCW.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Actually, it's a state application and there is no legal requirement for a firearm to be registered to be on the application or the permit. In fact, I believe that OCSD requires that they be "registered" but, also allows for people to put firearms on their permits that are registered to their spouses. If that is the case, you're blanket statement is false on both state and county levels.

Offering low cost private basic shooting and reloading classes for calgunners.

Old 11-12-2016, 6:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSACANNONEER View Post
Actually, it's a state application and there is no legal requirement for a firearm to be registered to be on the application or the permit. In fact, I believe that OCSD requires that they be "registered" but, also allows for people to put firearms on their permits that are registered to their spouses. If that is the case, you're blanket statement is false on both state and county levels.

Some of this may depend on your investigator. My wife had listed a pistol on her application that was registered to me and her OCSD investigator crossed it off the application and told her that she must first transfer the gun to her name. We didn't bother as it was the third gun.

To your original question, Your mom can gift the out of state, off roster hand gun to you. I suggest you use the calguns search feature for more info.

Last edited by The_Highwayman; 11-12-2016 at 6:17 PM..
Old 11-13-2016, 3:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSACANNONEER View Post
When I applied with Riverside PD, RPD required that I show proof of ownership / registered in my name for my three pistols.
Old 11-30-2016, 7:53 PM

One more question. I am driving up for the holidays. Any reason I can't bring it back and fill out the CA DOJ registration form and send it in with all my info?