Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 12-24-2016, 9:54 AM

Exclamation Siskiyou county concealed carry age??

I am 18, trying to find the age requirement for a concealed carry permit. One website said that California was county specific, but offered no more info. Anyone know of any websites or even just knows the age and could tell I'd be very thankful.
Old 12-24-2016, 10:37 AM

You must be 21 to purchase a handgun

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 12-24-2016, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob.dakeelstripe View Post
You must be 21 to purchase a handgun

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
So what? There's other ways to become the legal owner of a handgun.

OP, I don't believe it's defined in state law anywhere, so really it's going to come down to your local sheriff's policy and (if they don't have a policy) their general comfort level with teenagers carrying firearms. I think you'll have to call them or stop by to discuss it; be prepared for some extra scrutiny due to your age. It's easier/safer for them to just say "no" if they are in doubt, so you have the difficult task of convincing them that you are a fine, upstanding citizen, unlike most of your peers who are probably idiots.
Old 12-24-2016, 4:57 PM

I know you have to be 21 to purchase a firearm, but their are ways to become a legal owner of a handgun under 21, such as the grandfather act, which allows immediate family to pass down firearms, including handguns, to you.(excluding brothers, nephews, sisters...pretty much limited to grandparents, parents, aunts and uncles.) And yeah I took my age into consideration. I do live out in the middle of nowhere, I mean we have a post office and that's it for the next hour drive.
Old 12-24-2016, 5:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugerm77 View Post
I know you have to be 21 to purchase a firearm, but their are ways to become a legal owner of a handgun under 21, such as the grandfather act, which allows immediate family to pass down firearms, including handguns, to you.(excluding brothers, nephews, sisters...pretty much limited to grandparents, parents, aunts and uncles.) And yeah I took my age into consideration. I do live out in the middle of nowhere, I mean we have a post office and that's it for the next hour drive.
Yes, that's what I said. Limited to parents/grandparents though, the others don't count in this context.
Old 01-03-2017, 1:43 PM

I was 20 when I applied. You must already own the handguns you plan on carrying, or at least one to apply with.

I remember seeing that the age was 18 for CA ccw, but I can't remember if that was by county or a statewide rule.
Old 01-05-2017, 7:48 AM
Stoopid American Redneck™
CGN Contributor

Anyone gotten a CCW in Siskyou County or a city in the county lately? What sort of Good Cause do they require?
"The best gun is the one you'll have on you when you need it the most, the one you know how to use, the one that goes BANG every single time you pull the trigger. Whether that gun cost you $349 or $1,100 it's worth every penny if it saves your life, or the life of someone you love.” -Tim Schmit, CCW Magazine July 2015