Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 09-01-2017, 9:49 AM

Default Orange County - Supporting Documentation for Good Cause

After reading several threads on the topic, I believe I have two solid causes. My problem is that I'm not sure what I need to do to prove them.

I frequently hike/camp/ride in areas with no cell service and long LE response times... but I don't take a lot of photographs of my truck/trailer when I'm out there, (which was what one fellow Calgunner said s/he used to prove that cause). I can probably dig up 5 or 6 photos over the last year of various camping trips, but actually go much more often than that. Should that be enough?

Ironically, I'm also an avid photographer, and photograph a lot in rural areas, at night, and in high crime areas. I made one high-dollar camera purchase last year and have a receipt for that, but have tossed the receipts for the vast majority of my field gear (lenses, laptops, generators, lights etc.) since that stuff is out of warranty, or was purchased online. I don't have any 10-99s or a business license since this isn't an income generator for me.

For this - what might I want to provide as supporting docs? Should a photograph of my field kit and an inventory/pricing of the items in it be sufficient, along with the recent receipt and a link to my work online?

Thanks for reading!

Last edited by vocoder; 09-01-2017 at 9:51 AM.. Reason: Speeling. :)
Old 09-01-2017, 10:26 AM
Veteran Member

From what I've read before, you'd need a photo of yourself out in the wilderness, likely next to a campground/trail sign.....maybe even a sign that says "Beware of Widlife (or Mountain Lions) " or similar.

I'd probably COMBINE the two issues into ONE nice reason.....camping/wilderness/photography/receipts/photos. Photography equipment, by itself, is kinda weak to me.
Old 09-01-2017, 8:39 PM

It's got to be YOUR good cause, not some interweb canned statement. If you can't self-articulate your own good cause, I suspect your IA will pick up on it immediately and act accordingly and not in your favor.
Old 09-02-2017, 10:43 AM

Generally one can open carry in the forest. Some actual wilderness areas don't allow firearms at all. Carry a fishing pool with you. You can open carry in a lot of areas if you are fishing.

It's just a clever handle
Old 09-02-2017, 12:17 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadyatBest View Post
Generally one can open carry in the forest. Some actual wilderness areas don't allow firearms at all. Carry a fishing pool with you. You can open carry in a lot of areas if you are fishing.

It's just a clever handle

I'm pretty sure he wants a normal CCW license for everyday use.....not just fishing/hiking
Old 09-02-2017, 12:23 PM

Get pics of you and all your equipment, your campsite, get receipts or internet prices of the equipment. Pics of your phone with no bars, chubracabras in the area. Don't waste everyone's time going in half arsed and unprepared. Take it seriously and show them the respect.
Old 09-05-2017, 12:11 PM

I used that very same good cause and on my interview the officer ask if I had camp ground receipts and i replied who keeps those. He then ask if I had pictures and I said yes. He told me to email him half dozen pics which I did. Picked up CCW on 8/30. Everyone was very nice easy to deal with and totally on your side.
Old 09-07-2017, 11:15 AM

Go with the second scenario. Self defense is no longer "Good cause". If you have something that shows you shoot in "dodgy" areas at all hours of the night with thousands of dollars of camera equipment, that might fly. Be respectful, have facts and be honest. The deputies are cool guys. They'll walk you through it. Pretty sure they make their decision when the first lay eyes on you....it's what cops do. Good luck