Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > OUTDOORS, HUNTING AND SURVIVAL > Camping, Hiking and Outdoor Activities
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Camping, Hiking and Outdoor Activities Camping, hiking, and other outdoor activities within.

Old 05-26-2006, 11:14 PM

Angry Forrest Land access in SoCal getting smaller!

I'm soooo ticked off! I live in the San Bernardino county area and for years I used to always go to Lytle creek, Azusa Canyon and....Cuycamonga canyon (sp?) above the cities of Upland and Rancho Cuycamonga.

Well, I decide to take my 4 year old boy up to Cuycamonga Canyon to go fishing. I haven't been there in about 4 years. It's close and local and not many people fish up there. I drive up Saphire to Skyline and I see all these new houses. Then I get to the USFS gate that is now LOCKED! With a sign that says, "Day use only, no motor vehicles!"

WTF??? In order to fish up there you have to walk about 5-7 miles and several miles is all up hill! Not very good for your average 4 year old, let alone anyone else that wants to get away for a bit.

Also, I doubt if the DFG stalks the stream anymore since it's basically off limits.

I went to the Ranger station in Lytle Creek to voice my extreme displeasure of the USFS policy on locking up access to OUR PUBLIC LANDS!

Clevland Nat'l forest is the worst I've seen in So Cal. Basically you can only get into that forest via one entrance in Orange County and one in Riverside County.

There used to be many more access roads, but they're all locked up. One is even in Corona, but you must pay $100.00 per year to get a key onto the public lands!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate our Governement in this respect!
Old 05-27-2006, 5:01 AM
Veteran Member

Welcome to California!