Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > California handguns
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California handguns Discuss your favorite California handgun technical and related questions here.

Old 09-22-2010, 10:29 AM
Default Got a few questions about my Kahr

So I finally picked up my very first handgun today, a Kahr K9. I'm trying to find out if it has a NYPD trigger and what year it was made. I referenced the Glocktalk serial number list, and mine is BF03xx. The nearest numbers on the list are BF01xx and BF05xx. The 05 date is unknown, but the 01 date is December of 06. Would it be a safe bet then to say the gun was made around 2008?

And I cannot tell for the life of me if it's got a NYPD trigger or not. I was under the impression that ALL Kahr's made after a certain point had the Elite trigger, but searching the model number K9093AC turns up the NYPD model. It's not indicated whether or not it's the NYPD model on the box or anywhere else. Is there some way to tell the info I'm looking for?