Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated Centerfire rifles, carbines and other gas operated rifles.

Old 09-21-2010, 8:07 PM

Default Eotech 1moa (no ring) with quick disconnect

I'm wanting to get an Eotech red dot sight with 1moa dot, no 65 ring, and the quick disconnect feature.

I think the EXPS line is what offers the quick disconnect, but I can't find one that has 1moa without the 65moa ring.

Any alternate suggestions?
Old 09-21-2010, 8:12 PM

aimpoint with a QD mount?

Visit our forum at- http://www.socalprecisionforum.com/index.php

Become a SoCal Precision Rifle Team fan on Facebook- http://www.facebook.com/groups/SoCalPrecisionRifleTeam
Old 09-21-2010, 8:16 PM

I'm pretty sure Eotech doesn't offer anything without the 65 MOA, that's why it's an Eotech. Aimpoint sounds like the sight you may want to look into more like DirtRacer151 said. And you can get the GG&G quick disconnect that will work on any Eotech.
Fallujah had become a magnet for foreign jihadists and there were several thousand in the city who had come to make martyrs of themselves, to die while killing as many Americans as possible. James C. Roberts, "Remember the Heroes of Fallujah"

At each house I said a prayer, 'Please God get me out of this one.' When I come out of the house, I thank Him, light up a cigarette and move on to the next one. USMC Pvt. Sean Stokes, Fallujah, Iraq November, 2004.
Old 09-21-2010, 8:18 PM

In the bright sunlight, I have my XPS2-0 set at a minimal setting. The 1moa dot is sharp and clear and the 65moa ring is not visible, unless I turn up the brightness setting.
Old 09-21-2010, 8:21 PM
Vendor/Retailer

They do make a 1MOA without 65MOA ring (the -1 series) but the quick disconnect feature is only available on the EXPS models. And that model does not have the -1 series yet.
The best you can do is to get the XPS model (2-1 or 3-1, based on your NV needs) and get a LaRue LT110 mount or GGG mount.
http://www.eotech-inc.com/product.php?id=32&cat=4
Old 09-21-2010, 8:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erratikmind View Post
In the bright sunlight, I have my XPS2-0 set at a minimal setting. The 1moa dot is sharp and clear and the 65moa ring is not visible, unless I turn up the brightness setting.
I have a 517 and do the same thing.
Old 09-21-2010, 8:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceoftheright View Post
I'm pretty sure Eotech doesn't offer anything without the 65 MOA, that's why it's an Eotech. Aimpoint sounds like the sight you may want to look into more like DirtRacer151 said. And you can get the GG&G quick disconnect that will work on any Eotech.
The xps2-1 and 3-1 have a 1 MOA w/o the 65 MOA.

I'm looking through the Aimpoints and the lowest MOA I see is 2.

Any particular Aimpoint model? I think I'm set on 1 MOA so maybe I'll just go with a XPS2-1 and forget about the QD.
Old 09-21-2010, 8:27 PM

hah, You guys answer too quick. Thanks for the info.
Old 09-21-2010, 8:28 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Have you ever looked through a 2-1? Since the EOTech HUD is so large, finding a 1MOA dot is difficult.
Old 09-21-2010, 8:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockBlocker View Post
The xps2-1 and 3-1 have a 1 MOA w/o the 65 MOA.

I'm looking through the Aimpoints and the lowest MOA I see is 2.

Any particular Aimpoint model? I think I'm set on 1 MOA so maybe I'll just go with a XPS2-1 and forget about the QD.
I didn't know that the xps offered that option and that's super cool! Ya, haha as far as I know...Aimpoint only offers 2 and 4 MOA. I have a four though and if I turn it down it is pretty damn small still, enough to easily pick up clays at 30+ yards. If you can, check them all out. Either Eotech or Aimpoints are great, just depends on what you prefer. Some do both.
Fallujah had become a magnet for foreign jihadists and there were several thousand in the city who had come to make martyrs of themselves, to die while killing as many Americans as possible. James C. Roberts, "Remember the Heroes of Fallujah"

At each house I said a prayer, 'Please God get me out of this one.' When I come out of the house, I thank Him, light up a cigarette and move on to the next one. USMC Pvt. Sean Stokes, Fallujah, Iraq November, 2004.
Old 09-21-2010, 8:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSet View Post
Have you ever looked through a 2-1? Since the EOTech HUD is so large, finding a 1MOA dot is difficult.
I disagree!