Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Shotgun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Shotgun discussions Trap, Hunting, Defense and more. A place for enthusiasts to discuss the shotgun.

Old 09-13-2010, 4:58 PM

Default Ljutic shotguns

I had a chance to take a look at some custom shotguns by Ljutic, LLC over the weekend at the San Jose gun show.

Has anybody here tried them out or own one? I'm thinking about carrying these guns if there is interest in them once we open our shop in Gilroy.

Give me your thoughts on these guns.

Last edited by GetBulletsandBrass; 12-02-2010 at 1:58 PM..
Old 09-13-2010, 5:10 PM
C3 Contributor
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

I wasn't aware Ljutic's were still selling new shotguns !!! WOW ...

Same family or just the name is carried on ??? I thought after Mr Ljutic died the brand became history. Again I had no idea !!!
Old 09-13-2010, 5:19 PM

I was't aware of this either, several people had told me that they thought this company closed shop.

I'm still learning the details about the company set up. It appears that the family still has a hand in running it, if you check out their website, Jimmy Ljutic is running service, Nadine Ljutic is running customer care.

The guns are some of the nicest I've put these paws on in a while.
Old 09-13-2010, 7:11 PM
Veteran Member

I don't think they make a Skeet model. All I have known were mono barreled Trap guns

One of the top quality guns....will you have clients that will buy in this price range for a dedicated Trap gun.
Old 09-13-2010, 7:23 PM
Veteran Member

If you think you can move then than go for it. Beautiful shotguns. The only thing wrong with them for someone like me is the price, and that can be fixed with six lucky numbers.
Old 09-14-2010, 2:26 PM

There is a very limited market for these guns due to price and limited use. They are in the league of Krieghoff's and Perrazzi's. From what I've heard they are very simply made which helps their reliability.
Old 09-16-2010, 7:03 PM

I'm still debating on whether or not I want to add them on, might put a gun on display for the more discriminating shooters who want to make an investment into good shotgun. I tend to be a low budget shooter myself with my old 870. I have one older Beretta which rarely makes a trip outside of the gun locker except for when I shoot clays.
Old 09-16-2010, 8:10 PM

As far as I know, they are still based in Yakima, WA. Still putting out innovative shotguns such as the space-gun. Good quality and durability. I don't own one, but that's the rap at the range. And yes I also belive that they only deal with trap guns, not skeet.
Old 09-16-2010, 9:09 PM
Veteran Member

Default <>

Looked through your website.

I didn't see much as far as field/shorting guns.

If I may, perhaps a line such as Browning or Beretta to start......with a wider range...... starter guns to the very expensive.
Old 09-16-2010, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetBulletsandBrass View Post
I had a chance to take a look at some custom shotguns by Ljutic, LLC over the weekend at the San Jose gun show.

Has anybody here tried them out or own one? I'm thinking about carrying these skeet guns if there is interest in them once we open our shop in Gilroy.

Give me your thoughts on these guns.
I wasn't aware that they are still offering anything but single barrel shotguns. Certainly don't show anything else on their website.
http://ljuticgun.com/
Old 12-02-2010, 1:07 PM

Sorry for coming in late in this thread, but I just now saw it.

Ljutic is still making guns. As far as I know Al is still around, but he's in his late 90s and not working. Nadine is indeed running the customer service and keeps a 3x5 card on every gun that leaves the shop. If you call and ask a question about the history of any Ljutic shotgun, you will talk to Nadine. If you have any questions about the maintenance or repair of any Ljutic, you will talk with Jimmy.

Ljutic currently makes mostly Single Barrel Trap(SBT) guns, but they also offer an O/U called the LM6. If you want the O/U, get out your check book because it will cost at least $12K.

Ljutic has been making Trap guns since the 60's. They have a well deserved reputation for the most durable shotgun in the world. Many shooters have well over 100,000 rounds through them and they are still going strong.

I currently own a Ljutic Mono Gun ARS. I feel fortunate to have it and will probably keep it for the rest of my life. In my opinion, they make the finest Trap gun on the market today if not in the history of Trap guns.

You may consider adding one or two to your inventory, but they are expensive and not a high volume seller. You would probably do better to get one on display and then order them as necessary.

Here is a pic of mine:

www.BlackRiverTraining.com
Old 12-02-2010, 2:15 PM

Rastoff, thank you for sharing the photo of your shotgun. I've yet to meet anyone with a bad comment about these guns. No doubt they are pricey, but they do hold up to literally thousands of rounds like you said. Almost everyone I've talked to that ones one of these guns have put more than 20k rounds through theirs and they are still going strong.

For now we're able to sell the Ljutic shotguns via special order. Will probably put one on display in the shop once we get it up and running.

I've had a number of people who've taken turns drooling over the guns (including myself). Certainly a conversation piece if nothing else.

I've got a couple of good pictures of the shotgun we had on loan for a few gun shows and fundraiser events.

Bullets and Brass crew with Joe Mantegna (Actor) at fundraiser event.
Old 12-02-2010, 5:57 PM

The Ljutic definitely has an almost cult following. A lot of shooters don't like the way they look. Personally I think they look great.

I hope you do get one to put in the shop and I hope the shop does well.

www.BlackRiverTraining.com
Old 04-25-2013, 8:57 AM

Wink Ljutic Shotguns

I've owned a Ljutic mono-gun for about 7 years. One of the best guns I've ever held. I put about 250,000 shells through it and sent it to the factory for a re-blue and trigger adjustment. It's ready for another 250K. Some people think they have a bad re-sale price point. But take it from me, they are very popular guns in the ATA world.
Old 04-25-2013, 8:59 AM
NOT BANNED..yet
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucko43 View Post
I've owned a Ljutic mono-gun for about 7 years. One of the best guns I've ever held. I put about 250,000 shells through it and sent it to the factory for a re-blue and trigger adjustment. It's ready for another 250K. Some people think they have a bad re-sale price point. But take it from me, they are very popular guns in the ATA world.
Nice first post dude. Just a heads up, this thread has been dead for 3 years. How'd you even find it?!
/thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by njineermike View Post
Biden is only there so nobody assassinates Obama. He's like a bullet proof vest that drinks too much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by five.five-six View Post
It's right next to the part that says gays can get married and sluts get free birth control.
ΦΑ