Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Discussion General discussion regarding CCW/LTC in California

Old 08-23-2010, 12:25 PM

Default Posting CCW Policies and Procedures on law enforcement websites

Every Police and Sheriff Department is required to have a CCW policy, accept applications and issue to those who fall within their definition of Good Cause. This is required under a decision called Salute v Pitchess. Police Chiefs who defer to the Sheriff, under 12050 (G) PC are the exception.

Many departments do not list the Policy or application process on their Internet Websites, even though they list Taxi Drivers , Topless Dancers and other licenses they issue. This is something we want to correct. We want to demystify the CCW process and the first step is to get the departments to list the required information.

We need the assistance of members who reside all over California. Our Team members will be contacting these Chiefs and Sheriffs and their legal counsel and ask that in the interest of openness and fairness, they list this information on their sites. We will need to know which Chiefs and Sheriffs are not listing this information. You provide the departments name and we will do the heavy lifting. I teach a class in Urban Survival in San Bernardino County and you would be amazed how many people in this, one of the most pro CCW counties in the state, are unaware they can apply for a CCW.

In many cases, the Sheriff or Chief has never been asked to list CCW information on their site. We can change this through correspondence with those departments. Come on board and help us make the information available to all.

Billy Jack
‘The Force is strong with this one’

www.californiaconcealedcarry.com

Paladin
Senior Member Join Date: Dec 2005

Instructions on how to help!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since in a couple of threads in the OT Discussion forum I've called for people to help out here, I figured I should give them some guidance.

1) All CA county Sheriff's Offices/Departments (SO/SD) have already been done, so skip those.

2) Review BJ's latest posting re which law enforcement agencies (LEAs), he's sent out letters to in order to make sure the city Police Departments (PDs) you're thinking of checking out have not already been done.

3) Go to the PD's website. Look over the home page for: (a) a "How Do I . . ." link or drop down menu; (b) a link to a FAQs page; (c) a link to a "Forms" or "Licenses/Permits" page; (d) a link to a "Public Information" or similar page; or (e) a link which refers directly to CCWs, Concealed Weapons Permits, or similar.

4) If there is info re. applying for a CCW, see if they have both their policy (think of this as the Chiefs own rules/restrictions) and their application (in most cases this will be the DOJ application) online. If it has both online, follow the format I used and post the PD's name and a link to those pages so that TBJ (and others) can easily review those policies and applications and so that others don't bother reviewing that PD on their own.

If it does NOT have both the policy and application online, get the PD's address (usually on the home page or found via a Contact Us page) and the CoP's name and title (some might be Interim). Put that in your post as I did.

That's it! Instead of just talking about wanting a CCW, you've now done something to actually help fight to turn this state around so that you can get a CCW.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by Paladin; 09-13-2010 at 5:14 PM.

Last edited by Billy Jack; 09-14-2010 at 6:44 AM..
Old 08-23-2010, 12:58 PM

Contra Costa County Sheriff

Warren E. Rupf - Sheriff
651 Pine Street, 7th Floor, Martinez, CA 94553

Ph: (925) 335-1500

San Ramon Police Department

Scott Holder - Chief
2220 Camino Ramon, San Ramon, CA 94583

Ph: (925) 973-2700
Old 08-23-2010, 6:16 PM
Vendor/Retailer

La Verne Police Department

Chief Scott Pickwith
2061 Third St.
La Verne, CA 91750
(909) 596-1913
http://www.lvpd.org/

http://www.5arrowstactical.com/
Follow us on Twitter here. YouTube channel available here. Like us on Facebook here. and on Instagram here.
NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor / NRA Personal Protection (Inside & Outside) the Home Instructor / Metallic & Shotgun Reloading / Range Safety Officer
UT / FL / VA / OR / AZ CCW Instructor
Semper Fidelis to all my fellow and former Marines!
Ps 144:1
Old 08-23-2010, 6:30 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN ContributorCGN Contributor - Lifetime

Solano County
Gary Stanton, Sheriff-Coroner
530 Union Avenue, Suite 100
Fairfield, CA 94533
Phone:707-421-7000

Their policy is not listed on their web-site. The information below is copied from their web-site: http://www.solanocounty.com/depts/sh...ons_permit.asp

Concealed Weapons Permit

Consent for Concealed Weapon Permit

If you reside within Solano County you may make application to the Solano County Sheriff’s Office for a CCW Permit.

You may do this by letter, addressed to the Sheriff’s Administration, or you may call 421-7030 during normal business hours to obtain an application by mail. Non-refundable local fees and Department of Justice fees apply.

"A Government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
"Those who hammer their guns into plows, will plow for those who do not."
Thomas Jefferson.
"a system of licensing the right of
self-defense, which doesn’t recognize self-defense as “good cause”
Don Kilmer

Last edited by Purple K; 08-23-2010 at 6:35 PM..
Old 08-23-2010, 7:10 PM

Tuolumne County Sheriff's Office
James W. Mele, Sheriff-Coroner
28 North Lower Sunset Drive
Sonora, CA 95370
(209) 533-5855
Fax: (209) 533-5831

email: sheriff@tuolumnecounty.ca.gov

Office Hours: Monday-Friday
8:30 am to 4:30 pm

http://portal.co.tuolumne.ca.us/psp/...h/?tab=DEFAULT

I've not found anything regarding CCW on their website.

Correction: I discovered their website apparently requires Windows with SP2 or something that my prime computer doesn't have. I tried with an up to date netbook and downloaded the application, fee, and procedural pdf files from the Sheriff's website.

In addition, today while getting my fingerprints taken for the FL non resident application at the Sheriff's Consumer Services' Unit in the Junction Shopping Center in Sonora; I talked about what is involved and found the Sheriff only does interviews every three months. And that it is best to take the training class before doing the application or the interview takes two days. The second day to cover the laws of CCW.

Last edited by wrdavis; 11-19-2010 at 2:02 PM.. Reason: correction
Old 08-24-2010, 7:47 AM

City of Alameda - nothing noted on PD website related to CCW.
Search for key words 'concealed', 'firearm', 'firearms', 'handgun' yieled NO results referring to anything related to concealed carry.

Alameda Police Dept.
Chief Mike Noonan
1555 Oak St.
Alameda, CA 94501
510-337-8340
Old 08-24-2010, 8:42 AM

Thanks for the responses.

Alameda PD
Tuolumne Sheriff
Solano Sheriff
La Verne PD
San Ramon PD
Contra Costa Sheriff
Concord PD
Los Angeles PD
Los Angeles Sheriff
San Bernardino Sheriff
Redlands PD
Fontana PD

All these departments have been sent a request. They will be given 3 weeks to respond. If they ignore Brave I shall send a letter to County Counsel or City Attorney as appropriate asking why CLEO is ignoring a public inquiry. If the CLEO will act responsibly I will treat them with respect. If not, I will set a fire under them. Some may see this as a precursor to litigation. their perception is not my problem.

Providing the name of the CLEO, department and address makes my job easier. I will keep you informed here and on our site as to their responses. Thanks for your reponses and keep them coming.

Billy Jack
'The Force is strong with this one'

Last edited by Billy Jack; 08-25-2010 at 8:06 AM.. Reason: Spelling, added content, more content
Old 08-24-2010, 9:13 AM

City of Concord - Also nothing noted on its PD website.

Concord Police Department
Chief David O. Livingston
1350 Galindo Street
Concord, CA 94520
(925) 671-3220
Mon - Fri: 8 am to 5 pm. Sat, Sun: Closed.
Administration: (925) 671-3200
Old 08-24-2010, 10:57 AM

I had heard there is supposed to be a written policy for issuance of a CCW permit but, when I picked up my application last Thursday from Maria at the Ventura County Sheriff's office I asked for a written policy for issuance and she told me she did not know of one.
Old 08-24-2010, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggie8264 View Post
I had heard there is supposed to be a written policy for issuance of a CCW permit but, when I picked up my application last Thursday from Maria at the Ventura County Sheriff's office I asked for a written policy for issuance and she told me she did not know of one.
The issue at hand is their website. Does it list CCW Policy? If no, provide the requested information and they go on the list to be contacted. Salute v Pitchess requires ALL DEPARTMENTS to have a written policy. Fairness requires they post it.

Billy Jack

Old 08-24-2010, 11:45 AM
short bus driver

Here are some LE agencies that have issued CCW permits, but do not have any CCW info on their websites.

Fontana Police Department
Police Chief RODNEY JONES
17005 Upland Ave.
Fontana, CA 92335
Phone: (909) 350-7702
E-mail: rjones@fontana.org

Redlands Police Department
Chief of Police JIM BUEERMANN
Mailing address:
PO Box 1025,
Redlands, CA 92373
Phone: (909) 335-4744
Fax: (909) 798-7675
E-mail: chief@redlandspolice.org

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.” - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).

Last edited by Quiet; 08-24-2010 at 10:16 PM..
Old 08-24-2010, 3:09 PM
Calguns Addict

I already have the information as to which county sheriff's do not post.
Old 08-24-2010, 3:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Peterson View Post
Please communicate via our website. Need current, names and addresses of appproximately 400 departments that do not post CCW info. on their websites. Do you have that?

Billy Jack

Last edited by Billy Jack; 08-24-2010 at 3:45 PM.. Reason: spelling
Old 08-24-2010, 4:19 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Jack View Post
Please communicate via our website. Need current, names and addresses of appproximately 400 departments that do not post CCW info. on their websites. Do you have that?

Billy Jack

As I stated:

In fact, it was posted in MY thread on the subject of "illegal CCW requirements/fees", which I cannot find at the moment because I am not in front of my home computer.
Old 08-24-2010, 8:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Peterson View Post
As I stated:

In fact, it was posted in MY thread on the subject of "illegal CCW requirements/fees", which I cannot find at the moment because I am not in front of my home computer.
You need to broaden your focus. There are over 350 police departments and many issue. Do not need your list. Members are providing SO's and PD's. Thanks anyway.

Billy Jack

Old 08-24-2010, 9:54 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
You need to broaden your focus.
No, actually I don't. No matter what city police agency is targeted for contact (don't get me wrong, I actually do support getting everything posted online via the law enforcement agencies), you already know that every police department's chief can simply "Opt Out" of the CCW licensing process via 12050(g) in order to not deal with the issues that you're bringing up.

There is nothing wrong with exclusively focusing on the Sheriff's Offices in terms of getting them to list their CCW application criteria and the application online, if you should so choose (as I have). As Salute v. Pitchess requires that sheriff's consider the applications of all residents of the county that they are elected/appointed to, so no matter what, sheriffs always have to consider applications, whereas the city PD's have an out. Fifty Eight Sheriffs are easier to police.

Just to be clear: Nothing wrong with asking city PD's to post the information. I think those cities are literally a treasure trove for many different reasons, as they generally haven't been paying attention to the recent legal developments over the last 30 years or so. Just pointing out that there's nothing wrong with an individual or group of individuals focusing exclusively on sheriff's agencies.

Everyone else: Go ahead and help with getting this information. If anyone has specifically a Sheriff's Office claiming that they can't put up an application packet online because they use paper only, notify Billy Jack via his website and also PM me.
Old 08-24-2010, 10:54 PM
No, I am not a Moderator!

58 accountable to election and Federal Courts is such an easier list to "police.."

-Gene

DONATE NOW
to support the rights of California gun owners. Follow @CalgunsFdn on Twitter.
Opinions posted in this account are my own and not the approved position of any organization.
I read PMs. But, if you need a response, include an email address or email me directly!

"The problem with being a gun rights supporter is that the left hates guns and the right hates rights." -Anon
Old 08-25-2010, 7:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffmang View Post
58 accountable to election and Federal Courts is such an easier list to "police.."

-Gene
I did not see much accountability in the past elections. You may be two to three years away from a final court decision in the cases pending in Federal court. Why wait to bring the Chiefs into compliance? You win a war by having many fronts. Makes more sense to bring 350 plus Chiefs into compliance than just 58 Sheriffs. The majority of California's population live in cities with their own police departments. Los Angeles, Long Beach, Torrance PD and so forth have large populations.

Local Chiefs seeing Sheriffs being sued around them may just get religion and change their ways. Contrary to what has been posted, Chiefs and their legal counsel are following the cases in Federal Court. City Councils, have a lot of influence on the decision to delegate to the Sheriff. They also pay all the cities legal expenses. Chief's that want to delegate have done so years ago. We are going after those departments like Los Angeles PD, Long Beach PD, and Torrance that are withholding from the public what their actual policy is.

Many of you put your faith in the electorate during the past elections, to correct CCW policies. Brave sit in Hogan with smile on face, knowing the same players would be in place after the elections. Alas, nothing much has changed. I put my faith in the Constitution and the 14th Amendment. That is where you will change California CCW policies.

Keep those Chief's and departments names coming. I have three people on the ground in California and we will gain compliance.

You folks that want to carry on conversations with TBJ should really use our website and e-mail addresses. Let's leave this thread for its stated purpose.

Billy Jack

Old 08-25-2010, 3:28 PM

Santa Barbara Sheriff
Address: 4434 Calle Real, Santa Barbara, CA, 93110
Phone: 805.681.4100

No information is posted on the SB Sheriff website. As you probably already know, Sheriff Bill Brown is quite proud of not only not issuing any CCWs, but denying renewels as well. Asking for an application is met with "Don't bother."

Best of luck.
Old 08-26-2010, 7:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zomgie View Post
Santa Barbara Sheriff
Address: 4434 Calle Real, Santa Barbara, CA, 93110
Phone: 805.681.4100

No information is posted on the SB Sheriff website. As you probably already know, Sheriff Bill Brown is quite proud of not only not issuing any CCWs, but denying renewels as well. Asking for an application is met with "Don't bother."

Best of luck.
Thanks Zombie. Sheriff Brown will be added to our mailing list for this week. We are familiar with his 'Urban' v 'Rural' policy. If he can read and reason he will see the folly of his ways. If not, it will be up to the Board of Supervisors, who control his budget to execute an 'attitude adjustment' to protect the taxpayers from costly Federal litigation.

Billy Jack

Old 08-27-2010, 6:55 AM

Quote:

Alameda PD
Tuolumne Sheriff
Solano Sheriff
La Verne PD
San Ramon PD
Contra Costa Sheriff
Concord PD
Los Angeles PD
Los Angeles Sheriff
San Bernardino Sheriff
Redlands PD
Fontana PD

All these departments have been sent a request. They will be given 3 weeks to respond. If they ignore Brave I shall send a letter to County Counsel or City Attorney as appropriate asking why CLEO is ignoring a public inquiry. If the CLEO will act responsibly I will treat them with respect. If not, I will set a fire under them. Some may see this as a precursor to litigation. their perception is not my problem.

Providing the name of the CLEO, department and address makes my job easier. I will keep you informed here and on our site as to their responses. Thanks for your reponses and keep them coming.

Billy Jack

Santa Barbara Sheriff

Done.

Keep those department names coming people.

Billy Jack

Old 08-27-2010, 7:04 AM
Banned

Livermore AFAIK opt's out but there is no information on their website that would even give a hint. They don't have CCW applications listed under their bucket of applications and forms.

Livermore Police Department
1110 South Livermore Ave
Livermore, CA 94550
925-371-4900
Cheif Sweeny

EDIT: And thanks man!
Old 08-27-2010, 7:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r3dn3ck View Post
Livermore AFAIK opt's out but there is no information on their website that would even give a hint. They don't have CCW applications listed under their bucket of applications and forms.

Livermore Police Department
1110 South Livermore Ave
Livermore, CA 94550
925-371-4900
Cheif Sweeny

EDIT: And thanks man!
What is your Chief's name?

Billy Jack
Old 08-27-2010, 3:17 PM

Suisun City Police Department
Chief Ed Dadisho
701 Civic Center Blvd.
Suisun City CA 94585

Emailed it to you from your site also.

Ceasar Chavez was against illegal immigration....
Old 08-27-2010, 3:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfpcservice View Post
Suisun City Police Department
Chief Ed Dadisho
701 Civic Center Blvd.
Suisun City CA 94585

Emailed it to you from your site also.
Thanks, letter goes out next week.

Billy Jack

Old 08-29-2010, 10:54 AM

I am curious if you have heard anything from Santa Barbara county sheriff Brown. I just took the Utah CCW class and reside in SB county....
Old 08-29-2010, 1:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doznfire View Post
I am curious if you have heard anything from Santa Barbara county sheriff Brown. I just took the Utah CCW class and reside in SB county....
Sheriff Brown's letter went out last week. Each Chief and Sheriff has 3 weeks to respond. Then I contact City Attorney's and County Counsel's with cc to City Council and BOS as appropriate. They will figure out who 'Billy Jack' is and decide it is in their best interests to cooperate.

There is no legal way I or anyone can compel them to post it. Just the fear of mass application and possible litigation can be powerful motivators.

Billy Jack

Old 08-29-2010, 9:45 PM
Veteran Member

Santa Clara County Sheriff

No CCW info whatsoever posted on website.

Sheriff Laurie Smith
Headquarters
55 West Younger Avenue
San Jose, California 95110-1721
Toll Free: (800) 211-2220
Phone: (408)808-4900
FAX: (408)283-0562
e-mail: so.website@sho.co.scl.ca.us
Old 08-29-2010, 10:05 PM
Banned

Hhh

Last edited by Foriegn power; 12-14-2013 at 10:49 PM..
Old 09-07-2010, 8:58 AM

Quote:

Alameda PD
Tuolumne Sheriff
Solano Sheriff
La Verne PD
San Ramon PD
Contra Costa Sheriff
Concord PD
Los Angeles PD
Los Angeles Sheriff
San Bernardino Sheriff
Redlands PD
Fontana PD

Billy Jack

Monterey Park PD
Santa Barbara Sheriff
Siskiyou Sheriff
Suisun PD
Livermore PD

Added to sent letters list. Keep those department names and addresses coming.

Billy Jack
Old 09-07-2010, 9:18 AM
Veteran Member

Billy Jack:
Why isn't Santa Clara County on your list?
Old 09-07-2010, 9:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdDeadHands1 View Post
Billy Jack:
Why isn't Santa Clara County on your list?
Brave must remain silent on this department for now.

Billy Jack

Old 09-07-2010, 9:40 AM
Veteran Member

OK. I'll take that as a good thing.

Go get em... or should I say, HER!
Old 09-09-2010, 7:30 AM

Need more departments folks. You provide name, department and address and we will do the rest. We have done 12 so far out of almost 400 departments so we have a ways to go.

Billy Jack

Old 09-09-2010, 2:28 PM

All I could find on the Torrance PD website is this:

Where/How do I obtain a permit to carry a firearm?
California has strict restrictions on the criteria to carry a concealed firearm, however the Chief of Police may in certain circumstances issue a permit to a resident of the City of Torrance. The first step in this process requires that you contact the Department Intelligence Officer at 310-618-5709 during normal business hours.

The California Attorney General has a list of Frequently Asked Questions regarding gun ownership at http://caag.state.ca.us/firearms/pubfaqs.htm

Chief John Neu
3300 Civic Center Drive
Torrance, CA 90503
(310) 328-3456
Old 09-10-2010, 1:05 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Need more departments folks. You provide name, department and address and we will do the rest. We have done 12 so far out of almost 400 departments so we have a ways to go.
On the principle that the enemy of my enemy (anti CLEOs) is my friend, here's 38 more.

1) Alameda Co. SO:
Gregory J. Ahern, 
Sheriff / Coroner
Alameda County Sheriff's Office

1401 Lakeside Drive, 12th Floor

Oakland, CA 94612
Phone: (510) 272-6878

2) Antioch
James Hyde, Chief of Police
Antioch Police Facility
300 "L" Street
Antioch, California 94509
925-779-6902

3) Atherton
Michael A. Guerra, Chief of Police
Atherton Police Department
83 Ashfield Road
Atherton, CA 94027
(650) 688-6500

4) Berkeley PD
Chief Michael K. Meehan
Berkeley Police Department
2100 Martin Luther King, Jr. Way
Berkeley, CA 94704
TEL: (510) 981-5900

5) Burlingame
Edward A. Wood, Interim Police Chief
Burlingame Police Department
1111 Trousdale Dr.
Burlingame, California 94010

6) Carmel-by-the-Sea
George Rawson, Public Safety Director
Carmel-by-the-Sea Police Department
P.O. Box 600
Carmel-by-the-Sea CA 93921
Phone: (831) 624-6403

7) Daily City
Manuel Martinez, Jr., Chief of Police
Daly City Police Department
333 90th St.
Daly City, CA 94015
(650) 991-8119

8) East Palo Alto
Police Chief Ronald L. Davis
141 Demeter Street
East Palo Alto, CA 94303
650-853-3160

9) Emeryville PD:
Ken James, Chief of Police
Emeryville Police Department
2449 Powell St.
Emeryville, CA 94608
510-596-3700

10) Fremont
Craig Steckler, Chief of Police
Police Department
2000 Stevenson Blvd.
Fremont, CA 94538
510-790-6800

11) Hayward PD
Look at what they have posted here (http://user.govoutreach.com/hayward/faq.php?cid=11074) to decide if it is satisfactory. If not . . .

City of Hayward
City Hall Building
777 B Street
Hayward, CA 94541-5007
Attention: Ron Ace, Chief of Police

12) Hillsborough
Matt O’Connor, Chief of Police
Hillsborough Police Department
1600 Floribunda Avenue

Hillsborough, CA 94010
(650) 375-7400

13) Marin Co. SO:
Sheriff Robert T. Doyle
Marin County Sheriff’s Office 

3501 Civic Center Drive #145

San Rafael, CA 94903
415-499-7250

14) Merced
Chief of Police Norm Andrade
Merced Police Department
611 West 22nd Street
Merced, CA 95340
209-385-6912

15) Millbrae
Interim Chief Neil Telford
Millbrae Police Department

581 Magnolia Avenue

Millbrae, CA 94030
Phone: (650) 259-2300

16) Modesto PD
Michael Harden, Chief of Police
Modesto Police Department
600 10th Street, Modesto CA 95354
(209) 572-9500

17) Monterey SO
Sheriff Mike Kanalakis
Office of the Sheriff
County of Monterey
1414 Natividad Road
Salinas, California 93906

18) Napa Co. SO:
Sheriff Douglas Koford
County Sheriff Building
1535 Airport Blvd
Napa, CA 94558
Main Phone: (707) 253-4509

19) Oakland PD
Anthony W. Batts, Chief of Police
Police Administration Building
455 7th Street

Oakland, CA 94607

phone: (510) 238-3455
510-777-3333

20) Piedmont PD
Captain John M. Hunt III, Interim Chief of Police
Piedmont Police Department
403 Highland Avenue
Piedmont, CA 94611
(510) 420-3000

21) Pittsburg
Aaron L. Baker, Chief of Police
Police Department
65 Civic Avenue
Pittsburg, CA 94565
925-252-4980

22) Pleasant Hill
Peter Dunbar, Chief of Police
Police Department
330 Civic Drive
Pleasant Hill, CA 94523
(925) 288-4600

23) Pleasanton
Chief Michael Fraser
Pleasanton Police Department
4833 Bernal Avenue
Pleasanton, CA 94566
925-931-5100

24) San Bruno
Neil Telford, Chief of Police
San Bruno Police Department

1177 Huntington Avenue

San Bruno, CA 94066

(650) 616-7100

25) San Francisco PD:
Chief George Gascón
San Francisco Police Department
850 Bryant St., #525
San Francisco, CA 94103
Phone: (415) 553-1551

26) San Francisco SO:
Michael Hennessey, Sheriff
San Francisco Sheriff's Department
City Hall, Room 456

1 Carlton Goodlett Place 

San Francisco, CA 94102

27) San Joaquin SO
Steve Moore, Sheriff
San Joaquin Sheriffs Department
7000 Michael Canlis Blvd
French Camp, CA 95231
209-468-4400

28) San Jose
Rob Davis, Chief of Police
San José Police Department
201 W. Mission Street
San Jose, CA 95110
General Information 408-277-8900

29) San Leandro PD
Ian Willis, 
Chief of Police
San Leandro Police Department
901 E.14th Street
San Leandro, California 94577
(510) 577-3251

30) San Mateo SO:
Sheriff Greg Munks
San Mateo County Sheriff's Office

400 County Center

Redwood City, CA 94063
(650) 363-4911

31) Santa Cruz PD
Kevin Vogel, Interim Chief of Police
Santa Cruz Police Department
155 Center Street
Santa Cruz, CA 95060
831-420-5800

32) Santa Cruz SO
Sheriff Phil Wowak
Santa Cruz Sheriffs Department
701 Ocean Street Room 340
Santa Cruz, CA 95060

33) South San Francisco
Mike Massoni, Chief of Police
South San Francisco Police Department
33 Arroyo Dr.
South San Francisco, CA 94080

Mailing Address:
P.O. Box 711
South San Francisco, CA 94083
Ph: (650) 877-8900

34) Stockton
Blair Ulring, Chief of Police
Stockton Police Department
22 E. Market Street
Stockton, CA 95202
(209) 937-8377

35) Tracy PD
Janet M Thiessen, Chief of Police
Tracy Police Department
1000 Civic Center Drive
Tracy, CA 95376
(209) 831-4550

36) Union City
Greg Stewart, Police Chief
Union City Police Department
Police Administration

William M. Cann Memorial Civic Center 

34009 Alvarado-Niles Road

Union City, California 94587

Telephone (510) 471-1365

37) Vallejo
Chief Robert W. Nichelini
Vallejo Police Department
111 Amador St
Vallejo, CA 94590
707-648-4321

38) Walnut Creek PD
Joel H. Bryden, 
Chief of Police
Walnut Creek Police Department
1666 North Main Street
Walnut Creek, CA, 94596
(925) 943-5800

Quote:
Supporting CGF at the expense of supporting NRA is wildly stupid. . . .

Never, ever, ever choose not to be an NRA member.

-Gene
180+ examples of CCWs Saving Lives. Crime Avoidance & Self-Defense Advice

Last edited by Paladin; 09-10-2010 at 8:21 AM.. Reason: added a few others who need some TBJ love
Old 09-10-2010, 1:17 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
here's 38 more.
And another 13.

That makes my total contribution to the effort 51 of all CA LEAs -- about 1/8 of the state's LEAs.

1) Chico
Michael R. Maloney, Chief of Police
Chico Police Department
1460 Humboldt Road
Chico, CA 95928
530-897- 4950

2) El Dorado SO
Actually looks like they've got what TBJ wants online: http://www.edcgov.us/sheriff/forms.asp

But, if you disagree . . .

Sheriff Fred Kollar
El Dorado Sheriffs Office
300 Fair Lane
Placerville, CA 95667
Phone: (530) 621-5655

3) Eureka
Garr Nielsen, Chief of Police
Eureka Police Department
604 C Street
Eureka, CA 95501
(707) 441-4060

4) Fresno PD
I was shocked to find that they may have everything TBJ desires online: http://www.fresno.gov/Government/Dep...s/ApplyCCW.htm
There is an interesting requirement under "Process":
"7. Handgun Requirements: Other than new handguns purchased through State of California authorized licensed gun dealers, you must provide documented proof the weapon to be carried is a safe handgun and that you have qualified with the weapon to be carried" (underlining and italics in original).

If you don't think they have everything they should . . .

Jerry Dyer, Chief of Police
2323 Mariposa Street
Fresno, CA 93721
(559) 621-7000

5) Long Beach
Jim McDonnell, Chief of Police
LBPD Headquarters
400 W. Broadway
Long Beach, CA 90802
General Information (562) 570-7260

6) Placer Co SO
Sheriff Edward N. Bonner
Placer County Sheriffs Office
2929 Richardson Drive
Auburn, CA 95603
(530) 889-7800

7) Red Bluff
Paul Nanfito, Chief of Police
Red Bluff Police Department
555 Washington Street
Red Bluff, CA 96080
Administration/Investigation (530) 527-8282

8) Redding
Peter T. Hansen, Chief of Police
Redding Police Department
1313 California Street
Redding CA 96001
Phone: (530) 225 - 4200

9) Salinas
Louis Fetherolf, Chief of Police
Salinas Police Department
222 Lincoln Ave
Salinas, CA, 93901
(831) 758-7286

10) San Rafael
Chief Matthew Odetto
San Rafael Police Department
1400 Fifth Avenue
San Rafael, CA 94901
(415) 485-3000

11) Santa Rosa
Chief Tom Schwedhelm
Santa Rosa Police Department
965 Sonoma Ave
Santa Rosa, CA 95404
707-543-3600

12) South Lake Tahoe
Martin D. Hewlett, Captain
South Lake Tahoe Police Department
1352 Johnson Blvd
South Lake Tahoe, CA, 96150

13) Ukiah
Chief Chris Dewey
Ukiah Police Department
300 Seminary Avenue
Ukiah, CA 95482
(707) 463-6241

Quote:
Supporting CGF at the expense of supporting NRA is wildly stupid. . . .

Never, ever, ever choose not to be an NRA member.

-Gene
180+ examples of CCWs Saving Lives. Crime Avoidance & Self-Defense Advice

Last edited by Paladin; 09-14-2010 at 8:27 AM.. Reason: specified "Fresno" was "Fresno PD", thus not Fresno county sheriff
Old 09-10-2010, 5:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvc04 View Post
All I could find on the Torrance PD website is this:

Where/How do I obtain a permit to carry a firearm?
California has strict restrictions on the criteria to carry a concealed firearm, however the Chief of Police may in certain circumstances issue a permit to a resident of the City of Torrance. The first step in this process requires that you contact the Department Intelligence Officer at 310-618-5709 during normal business hours.

The California Attorney General has a list of Frequently Asked Questions regarding gun ownership at http://caag.state.ca.us/firearms/pubfaqs.htm

Chief John Neu
3300 Civic Center Drive
Torrance, CA 90503
(310) 328-3456

Contact us through our website. Torrance is 'Special'.

Billy Jack

Old 09-10-2010, 5:48 PM
Veteran Member

City of Suisun City

Chief Ed Dadisho,
Chief of Police

Business Phone:
707-421-7373

Emergency Phone:

Fax:707-422-8074

E-mail:
SPDadmin@suisun.com

AddressHeadquarters:
701 Civic Center Blvd.
Hours:7a.m - 7 p.m. daily

http://www.suisun.com/Police.html
Old 09-10-2010, 6:10 PM

August 24, 2010
Alameda PD
Tuolumne Sheriff
Contra Costa Sheriff
Solano Sheriff
San Ramon PD
La Verne PD

August 25, 2010
Fontana Police Department
Redlands Police Department
San Bernardino County Sheriff-Coroner Department
Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department
Los Angeles Police Department

August 27, 2010
Santa Barbara Sheriff
Livermore PD

August 30, 2010
Monterey Park PD
Suisun City PD

September 7, 2010
Siskiyou County Sheriff Department

September 10, 2010
Santa Cruz Sheriff Department
San Mateo Sheriff Department
San Joaquin Sheriff Department
Napa Sheriff Department
Monterey Sheriff Department
Marin Sheriff Department
Alameda Sheriff Department
Riverside PD
San Francisco Sheriff Department
San Bruno PD
Pleasanton PD
Pleasant Hill PD
Pittsburg PD
Piedmont PD
Oakland PD
Modesto PD
Millbrae PD
Merced PD
Hillsborough PD
Fremont PD
Emeryville PD
East Palo Alto PD
Daly City PD
Carmel by the Sea PD
Burlingame PD
Berkeley PD
Atherton PD
Antioch PD
San Francisco Sheriff Department
Santa Cruz Sheriff Department

This is provided FYI if you desire to follow this exercise and it will tell you which SO's and PD's have been done so far. Three weeks after the date of the letters, I will send a cc to the department's County Counsel or City Attorney.

My hat is off to Paladin for compiling the majority of the departments to be contacted. Brave has not finished Paladin's list as he ran out of Bond paper and must make trip to trading post over weekend.

More departments next week. Brave also send letter to Chief of his department. Last time Brave was sanctioned for exercising his 1st Amendment Rights it cost Orange County 1.3 million dollars and those were 1990 dollars. Brave will not be silenced nor deterred by any Chief or Sheriff! As I have said in the past, they put their pantyhose one leg at a time just as Brave does. That humor may be true with regards to some.

Billy Jack