Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Competition, Action Shooting And Training. > Training Class Announcements
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Training Class Announcements Announce and/or Advertise your training classes here.

Old 08-23-2010, 9:29 AM
CGN Contributor

Default SCT / First Aid in a Tactical Environment / Sac Valley

First Aid Care in the Tactical Environment

Date - Dec 4th, 2010
Instructor - John Hotchkiss / J. Paletta
Location - 1125 Market St. Yuba City, Ca 95991

The goal of this program is to help prepare you as an emergency responder for rendering care in a high threat environment. Much of what we have learned in the past in civilian emergency medical care has dealt with treating the single patient, and under normal conditions encountered in the pre-hospital realm. The issues you must address, and in fact the way you view the entire scene, are substantially different when the possibility is strong that someone may be viewing you through the sights of their rifle.

TOPICS

Trauma Overview

Kinetic Energy of Trauma

Penetrating Trauma

Blast Injuries

Environmental Emergencies

Mass Casualty Incidents

Basics of Trauma Care

Assessment of life threatening injuries

Rapid Treatment of Airway, Breathing and Bleeding

Concepts and presentation of shock

Rapid transport and definitive care

Care in the Tactical Environment

Cover and Concealment

Wounded Warrior Extraction

Armor, Limitations, Uses, How it can hide an injury

Use of Lights

Limited Equipment that can make a difference

Self Care – For when you’re the victim

Wilderness type medicine for when you just can’t leave

Needed:

Good Attitude

All students will be recieving their own pesonal tactical medic pouch with everything you would need in a real world incident.

Do to the pouch and medical contents, the course must be paid for one month prior (Oct. 13th) in order to allow purchase and shipping of medical supplies. (you will NOT be using your medic kit in the class).

(Both prices include range fees)

Price: $160.00 (No IFAK)

Price: $210.00
http://facebook.com/jasonpaletta

Last edited by Stone Cobra; 11-04-2010 at 6:37 PM..
Old 09-17-2010, 8:37 PM
CGN Contributor

Bump
Old 10-26-2010, 12:59 AM
CGN Contributor

We have 6 spots available for this course.
Old 11-04-2010, 2:06 PM

Great course! If you own a gun and shoot on a regular basis you owe it to yourself to seek first aide training. The lead instructor for this class is full of excellent information. Its a very hands on class.
Old 11-13-2010, 12:45 PM
CGN Contributor

Class is full......Thanks to everyone who signed up!
Old 12-04-2010, 11:49 PM

Great class, as usual Jason and co put on a class act, John was a great instructor, he has alot of excellent information and explained it well to the class, I would highly recommend taking a class from Jason and crew they are great instructors and very knowledgeable I have taken 5 classes from Jason and came away with a lot of info and skills to work on. keep up great work Jason, see you for Carbine 2.5 in 2011.

Scott
Old 12-06-2010, 7:34 AM

excellent class. I would highly recommend this class. The first 3 hours or so went over terrorism in the United States. The intent was to basically hit home that even if you aren't a first responder, you can be thrust into that situation given current events. After that, the instruction went in to treating various injuries, focused around those you would find from a blast injury, gunshot injury, or stab/slice injury. The last hour or so was set aside for hands on and Q and A.

Because of the lengthy focus on the terrorism aspect and minimal hands on, this class would probably be suited more for someone who has already been through some sort of first aid training and already has an idea of how to apply bandages, dressings, and so forth. To make it a more beginner friendly course, I would shorten the terrorism part and lengthen the hands on portions. In the end, although it was more of a refresher for me, it still contained more practical first aid knowledge in 8 hours than a 120 hour EMT course.

Although this class would benefit everyone, I can't stress enough how beneficial this class is to law enforcement. I can't speak on other departments, but my department's first aid training is entirely focused on CPR training, which we receive an update on every 2 years. Sadly, I would be surprised if any of my partners knew how to apply a pressure dressing or seal a sucking chest wound. It's not their fault, it's just a lack of training opportunities. If you are a LEO, seriously consider seeking out this course. I know we're trained to secure the scene first and let fire do their thing, but when your buddy goes down, or you go down, and fire is 15+ minutes out because of traffic or whatever, it's good to know that you can provide lifesaving measures that aren't limited to chest compressions, rescue breathing, and a band aid.