Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General gun discussions This is a place to lounge and discuss firearm related topics with other forum members.

Old 07-27-2010, 10:31 PM

Default Discount gun clubs???

Has anyone tried these discount gun clubs like www.gunbuyingclub.com?? Are they legit? I guess you pay a yearly fee of about 50 bucks and you get to buy guns at the wholesale price. I would like some feedback if anyone has used one of these or heard any reviews.
Old 07-28-2010, 10:53 AM

I dont know how reputable they are, dont know that particular company, but their part numbers are all the exact same as one of the major distributors, though they are in a different state, their product feed all comes from one source.

I honestly dont know how a subscription based service like that can work unless they have another business that supports it until its big enough to support itself.

Contact us if you need a Middle Man for transfers into CA.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:24 AM
Veteran Member

Join the GSSF and you get to buy one Glock / year at LEO prices.
Old 07-28-2010, 1:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunenvy View Post
I dont know how reputable they are, dont know that particular company, but their part numbers are all the exact same as one of the major distributors, though they are in a different state, their product feed all comes from one source.

I honestly dont know how a subscription based service like that can work unless they have another business that supports it until its big enough to support itself.
I agree starting a business like that cant make any real money until there are hundreds of customers, and it takes a lot of money up front to be able to buy bulk product to get the wholesale prices. But once you have the products for sale at that super discounted price Im sure the customers come quick.

I think it would be worth the $50 just to see if they're legit. But I do have a couple worries. You cant tell if an item is in stock until you sign up and try to purchase it. Also many of the purchases I would want need a bullet button and i wonder if they would deal with all that.

I think that I'll contact them and see what they say but I would still appreciate anyones input if they've tried this before.
Old 07-28-2010, 1:03 PM

A lot of those items will drop ship except the firearms, from that distributor, which is pretty common these days and you would be amazed who all does it

They dont mention if they ship to California, as you well know many dont.... and fewer still want to deal with bullet buttons and maglocks etc...

Contact us if you need a Middle Man for transfers into CA.
Old 07-29-2010, 5:15 PM

Hi guys,

My name is Mike Young and I own www.GunBuyingClub.com.
I'll try to answer some of these questions.

You join for the once-a-year fee of $50 you can buy guns, ammo and gear at wholesale cost for a year. The business model only works if you can manage to set yourself up with zero overhead...which I have done by piggybacking on another business that has the capacity and staff to deal with shipments etc. I don't need to get rich or even make money on this...I just like guns. At some point I will get maxed out on the number of members I can handle and I'll stop accepting new members...like a doctor not taking new patients...you can only handle so much.

Out of Stock items are marked "Special Order" on the item listings.

Like this: https://www.gunbuyingclub.com/15rifl..._id=70&sort=1a

But if you get to a specific page through a search engine you may have by-passed the item listings. So I am going to have the Special Order tag follow the item...give me a few days on that.

Yes, the inventory you see on my website is that of my favorite distributor.

Yes, I can drop ship gear but not guns/ammo.

I've steared clear of California but suddenly the website is getting a lot of hits from CA and this bullet button for ARs has come up recently. I'd like to make this work for CA shooters...I'm all about anything that pisses off Nancy Pelosi. I'll try to remember to follow up on that subject in this forum.

Feel free to email me at admin@GunBuyingClub.com
Old 07-29-2010, 5:19 PM
Veteran Member

I'm sure other vendors (both in and out of CA)/knowledgeable members will be willing and able to answer any questions you may have. Also, I think you'll find that people here spend their money with companies that have good customer service and support us here in CA. The flip side is, people have long memories too.
Old 07-29-2010, 8:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by www.GunBuyingClub.com View Post
Hi guys,

My name is Mike Young and I own www.GunBuyingClub.com.
I'll try to answer some of these questions.

You join for the once-a-year fee of $50 you can buy guns, ammo and gear at wholesale cost for a year. The business model only works if you can manage to set yourself up with zero overhead...which I have done by piggybacking on another business that has the capacity and staff to deal with shipments etc. I don't need to get rich or even make money on this...I just like guns. At some point I will get maxed out on the number of members I can handle and I'll stop accepting new members...like a doctor not taking new patients...you can only handle so much.

Out of Stock items are marked "Special Order" on the item listings.

Like this: https://www.gunbuyingclub.com/15rifl..._id=70&sort=1a

But if you get to a specific page through a search engine you may have by-passed the item listings. So I am going to have the Special Order tag follow the item...give me a few days on that.

Yes, the inventory you see on my website is that of my favorite distributor.

Yes, I can drop ship gear but not guns/ammo.

I've steared clear of California but suddenly the website is getting a lot of hits from CA and this bullet button for ARs has come up recently. I'd like to make this work for CA shooters...I'm all about anything that pisses off Nancy Pelosi. I'll try to remember to follow up on that subject in this forum.

Feel free to email me at admin@GunBuyingClub.com
I realize that there are many companies that do not want to ship to California because of how confusing our gun laws are. Some things like the pistol roster and bullet button are a pain in the *****. But the companies that take the time to figure out our legalities gain loyalty very quickly with calgunners. The word spreads fast with the 50,000+ users on the site.

Im sure that there are many people here including myself who would take the time to help you out in regards to the laws. I hope you decide to start selling to us californians, we could use more companies on our side. We love our guns even if Pelosi doesnt.
Old 07-29-2010, 9:38 PM

Check out Real Gold in the CG sponsor bar at the top of the page

With guns, we are 'citizens.'

Without them, we are 'subjects'.
Old 07-30-2010, 9:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissauer View Post
Check out Real Gold in the CG sponsor bar at the top of the page
I'd like to see what their prices are like, unfortunately the site is under construction.