Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Jobs Wanted Jobs Offered
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Jobs Wanted Jobs Offered Need a job, need a job filled? Help out a fellow Calgunner!

Old 07-12-2010, 10:38 AM
Valar Dohaeris
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Default Freelance Writer and Editor *Now looking for full time work!*

Believe it or not, when I'm not trolling the CalGuns forums I'm actually employed as a writer and editor! I hold a bachelor's degree in English literature and have been employed for several years as a content editor for a Korean game publisher.

I'd like to pick up some extra money on the side, so I'm offering my services as an editor, tutor, or writer to the CalGuns community. I have experience tutoring ESL students at the Undergraduate and Graduate levels. I can offer help with writing not only from the stance of grammar and spelling, but also coherency, logic, and argument.

As a writer I have not only worked on creative projects independently, but my stories have been published in the games I work on as well. A fair amount of my experience is in copy writing so I can work on marketing projects as well as creative writing.

My rates are completely negotiable and will vary depending on the level of difficulty of the services required. For example, I would charge less on high school papers or tutoring than I would for college level services. I currently live in Long Beach, CA and would prefer local work where I can help face to face. Depending on the service required I can work with customers online if I believe it is possible to offer the standard of excellence I expect of myself.

Services Offered:
Editing
Tutoring
Writing
Writing Copy

Services Not Offered:
Forgery
Essay Writing
Plagiarism

Examples of my work will be provided upon request. Please PM me to negotiate rates and services. I will work for goods as well as cash. Cash payment is preferred, but PayPal payment is a possibility if dealing with an online job.

Please note that while I can provide excellent services I do not provide any guarantee of increased grades or sales. All services are offered as is.

WTS:.7.62x39/x54r Ammo
WTS: Savage 16 w/ Scope and Bipod
WTS: AK Furniture, Boresighter, 308 handguard

Last edited by Rekrab; 05-24-2011 at 8:53 AM..
Old 05-24-2011, 8:59 AM
Valar Dohaeris
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

As noted in the title I am now looking for full time work.

I will consider any writing or editing position available in the LA and Orange County areas. While I currently reside in Long Beach, I have reliable transportation and will be able to relocate depending on wages.

I have 3.5 years experience as a Content Editor for an Online Games Publisher. During that time I dealt with Quality Assurance, Testing, Support, and Localization. While I specialize in writing, I am accustomed to, and enjoy, wearing many hats when I take on a new position. I am also good at dealing with customers and outside agencies. Any position that pushes me beyond writing and editing is something I would very much enjoy.

A full resume and references will be made available upon request.

Thank you!

WTS:.7.62x39/x54r Ammo
WTS: Savage 16 w/ Scope and Bipod
WTS: AK Furniture, Boresighter, 308 handguard