Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > California handguns
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California handguns Discuss your favorite California handgun technical and related questions here.

Old 06-15-2010, 4:35 PM

Default Whats a 4th gen Glock worth?

A buddy of mine purchased a 4th Gen Glock 22, and now wants to sell it. Has about 200 rounds through it. Any thoughts?

As most of you know this is off roster, and not for sale to non-LEOs.

Posted here:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...94#post4471794

Last edited by mig79; 06-17-2010 at 4:57 PM..
Old 06-15-2010, 7:05 PM
Veteran Member

It is worth just as much as any other Glock....
Old 06-15-2010, 7:57 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

what someone is willing to pay. i would go 5-600
Old 06-15-2010, 8:24 PM
Veteran Member

Used Glocks should go for under $400; anyone selling it for $500+ either doesn't know the prices, got ripped off and doesn't want to take a hit, or is trying to rip you off. To a friend, I'd say in the $350 range is fair as brand new Glocks can be had in the upper $400 range new.

Also, the California roster doesn't differentiate between generations (except with the RTF2 as a seperate entry which doesn't make sense). If it's marked as a "22" on the slide, it's in .40 S&W, has a steel slide and a polymer frame, and has a barrel length of 4.49" then it's a Glock 22. Doesn't matter if it's second, third, or fourth generation. So there is nothing special about it, not even to us in California.
Old 06-15-2010, 9:38 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoWeird View Post
Used Glocks should go for under $400; anyone selling it for $500+ either doesn't know the prices, got ripped off and doesn't want to take a hit, or is trying to rip you off. To a friend, I'd say in the $350 range is fair as brand new Glocks can be had in the upper $400 range new.

Also, the California roster doesn't differentiate between generations (except with the RTF2 as a seperate entry which doesn't make sense). If it's marked as a "22" on the slide, it's in .40 S&W, has a steel slide and a polymer frame, and has a barrel length of 4.49" then it's a Glock 22. Doesn't matter if it's second, third, or fourth generation. So there is nothing special about it, not even to us in California.
Don't listen to this guy. Used glocks for $350-400 are a STEAL.

Sorry NeoWeird, you really don't know what your talking about when it comes to values. GO check gunbroker and tell me how many used glocks you see for $350-400 that SOLD for that price. Hell, I'll even take a few BUY IT NOW's if you can find any.

For that matter, check BudsGuns, SummitGunBroker or any combo you want and show me where the $350 glocks are.

To Mig79, if your buddy has a real Gen4 G22 with the interchangeable back strap and reversible mag release it is indeed off roster. However, PPT from him to you is completely legal.

Price wise your buddy did not pay consumer retail for the firearm. If he offers a fair price to you, and you like the weapon, I say buy it.

BTW, retail on a NEW G22 is between $519 and $579 + tax & dros.

WTB the following - in San Diego
--COLT Delta Elite 10mm Blued
--Steyr M357A1 357SIG
--Five Seven IOM (round trigger guard)

Never forget - השואה... לעולם לא עוד.
Old 06-15-2010, 9:53 PM

Quote:

The Gen4 17s and 22s are new models, not just a generation difference. The lower frame is not compatible with previous slides. That is why this model is currently limited for sale to LEOs in our great state. However, I believe that it can be obtained by non LEOs in a private party transfer.

As a reference re: pricing, LC Action in San Jose, California, sells it NIB for $425 plus taxes and DROS to LEOs. You can check out their prices at their site: www.lcaction.com
Old 06-15-2010, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbin Dallas View Post
Don't listen to this guy. Used glocks for $350-400 are a STEAL.

Sorry NeoWeird, you really don't know what your talking about when it comes to values. GO check gunbroker and tell me how many used glocks you see for $350-400 that SOLD for that price. Hell, I'll even take a few BUY IT NOW's if you can find any.

For that matter, check BudsGuns, SummitGunBroker or any combo you want and show me where the $350 glocks are.

To Mig79, if your buddy has a real Gen4 G22 with the interchangeable back strap and reversible mag release it is indeed off roster. However, PPT from him to you is completely legal.

BTW LCaction has some AWESOME prices.
Price wise your buddy did not pay consumer retail for the firearm. If he offers a fair price to you, and you like the weapon, I say buy it.

BTW, retail on a NEW G22 is between $519 and $579 + tax & dros.
Well the pricing is not for me (i have a g23 already), it will most likely be listed here on calguns at a fair price. He will do PPT for it. Just figured that i would ask since a SigSauer blackwater tactical (another off roster, albiet much harder to get) is SPF for $1900.http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=303705
I paid 1k for my BW Tac (too much? maybe.. but it kicks azz!) .
Old 06-15-2010, 10:35 PM

It can command a slight premium. I'd say he could probably get what he payed for it, so somewhere between $500 and $600. He has to realize that these are not at all rare or even uncommon, so collectors won't likely be clamoring to get one.
Old 06-15-2010, 10:38 PM

yeah he's not trying to flip it or anything like that... wants something else.
Old 06-15-2010, 10:56 PM

$450-$500
Old 06-15-2010, 11:02 PM

$400 to $500
Old 06-15-2010, 11:40 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:

i want to know where you are getting new glocks for $4XX without special discounts.

and the CA list does differentiate between gens. especially if the gun is changed to the point of not being compatible. as in the case of glocks gen4 vs gen3.
Old 06-15-2010, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mig79 View Post
Whats a gen4 Glock worth?
Its weight in scrap steel/plastic . :duck:
Old 06-16-2010, 12:47 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:

Wrong! Gen 4 Glocks are not on the roster and that is old news. if i sold a like new Glock Gen 3 then $450 would be my asking price i don;t think i ever saw a mint condition Glock go for under $400.
Old 06-16-2010, 2:35 AM
AKA: Joe Censored

Quote:
Originally Posted by agental1934 View Post
The Gen4 17s and 22s are new models, not just a generation difference. The lower frame is not compatible with previous slides. That is why this model is currently limited for sale to LEOs in our great state. However, I believe that it can be obtained by non LEOs in a private party transfer.
This is why 4th gen used GLOCKs can actually command retail or even above retail pricing in this state for us less equal animals. Supply is artificially constricted relative to demand cause they can only be imported by LEOs and people who move to the state after already owning one.

If GLOCK gets the 4th gen GLOCKs added to the roster then you should expect normal used gun mark down, due to drastically increased supply, but due to ridiculous laws that deem the features of the 4th gen "unsafe" for normal people but somehow perfectly safe for LEOs to buy and markup in PPTs to the public, I would bet it is going to stay this way. Though this has been discussed in another thread.

If I was a LEO I would be buying a new 4th gen, shoot the living crap out of it for 3 months, and then sell it at a 20% markup over what I bought it for... then pocket the 20% and buy another one... rinse and repeat - The law appears engineered for this purpose alone.

Last edited by stix213; 06-16-2010 at 2:41 AM..
Old 06-16-2010, 3:14 AM
retired Goon

Quote:
The 4th generations Glocks are marked "Gen4" on the slide and "MBS" on the frame.

For example...
2nd & 3rd generation Glock 22 slide marking = Glock 22
4th generation Glock 22 slide marking = Glock 22Gen4

IB4GD.

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun. - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).

Last edited by Quiet; 06-16-2010 at 3:16 AM..
Old 06-16-2010, 7:23 AM
Calguns Addict

$1000.
Old 06-16-2010, 9:39 AM

Just make sure u flip it before it gets added to the roster or the roster gets nullified. Otherwise u won't be able to make any money on it.
And the wisdom to know the difference.
Old 06-16-2010, 9:45 AM
Calguns Addict

I have a Glock 23 ( for off duty carry ) and a pair of 34's ( for fun) . I don't know any officers I work with , running to buy a Gen 4 Glock.

What is Gen 4 anyway?

LE Price on Gen 4 model 22 is 425.00 + Tax and Reg ( with 3 ( 15 rd) Magazines.

Last edited by ap3572001; 06-16-2010 at 9:50 AM..
Old 06-16-2010, 10:17 AM

I would agree with the 450-500 range is a good deal. i bought my g23 new with night sights for 570 which was the cheapest ive seen while shopping around. total came out to ~650. 100 bucks lesser than that seems to be fair if its a couple of hundred rounds old.
Old 06-16-2010, 11:29 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:

Brand new Glocks going for upper $400 range? Is this with GSSF/military/LEO discount?
Old 06-16-2010, 11:41 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:

We got a time traveler here. Neo, your statement would be true if this post was 2~3 years ago and 4th gen never happen.

Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.
Old 06-16-2010, 11:48 AM
Veteran Member

I would say a 4th gen Glock in CA should be the price of X (your local standard Glock price) - $100 (as the different of an used Glock price) + $50~70 (for being off the roster and most likely will never be add on due to the CA law).

So about the price of what you will be for a new 3rd gen Glock in your local shop - 10% (without the tax).

Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.
Old 06-16-2010, 12:21 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I say you could post it for $550 and sell it in one day. $600 it probably wont sell. $500 you're leaving money on the table.
Quote:
Originally Posted by huck View Post
You still can't wear it in the parade.

Lord, protect me from my friends. I can handle my enemies.
Old 06-16-2010, 3:41 PM
Veteran Member

Wow. I guess I should feel lucky then that I've never paid more than $500 out the door for a Glock, especially since my last Glock was bought earlier this year and was an essentially new in box Glock 20 off gun broker that I got for just over $400 OTD after shipping AND DROS.

And seeing as how Summitgunbroker was selling their brand new straight from facory regular frame Glocks for $475 (that's $493 delivered) than yes, brand new Glocks can be had in the upper $400 range.

I may have been wrong about the 4th gen markings, and I'll admit that I was, but my stance on the price is still firm. Anyone payinf over $500 for a USED Glock is getting ripped off. Period. Hell, I didn't even pay $500 out the door for my first gen 17L and that was early last year. In fact the ONLY Glock I paid close to $500 for was my brand new in box second gen Glock 22P that I paid just under $500 for. Low $400 range sounds fair to a stranger, and $350-375 range sounds fair to friend. Maybe that's me, but I'd still stand by that price.
Old 06-16-2010, 4:18 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Wow. I guess I should feel lucky then that I've never paid more than $500 out the door for a Glock, especially since my last Glock was bought earlier this year and was an essentially new in box Glock 20 off gun broker that I got for just over $400 OTD after shipping AND DROS.

And seeing as how Summitgunbroker was selling their brand new straight from facory regular frame Glocks for $475 (that's $493 delivered) than yes, brand new Glocks can be had in the upper $400 range.

I may have been wrong about the 4th gen markings, and I'll admit that I was, but my stance on the price is still firm. Anyone payinf over $500 for a USED Glock is getting ripped off. Period. Hell, I didn't even pay $500 out the door for my first gen 17L and that was early last year. In fact the ONLY Glock I paid close to $500 for was my brand new in box second gen Glock 22P that I paid just under $500 for. Low $400 range sounds fair to a stranger, and $350-375 range sounds fair to friend. Maybe that's me, but I'd still stand by that price.

You should feel lucky that your FFL does not charge you an extra fee like most do. My good FFL charges $75 to accept a firearm from another FFL. The local gun store won't even touch out of state transfers if they sell the same weapon.

You should also feel lucky that you don't have to pay the required overnight shipping charge that can run between $50 and $100 depending on the distance and shipping company.

So yea, you should feel lucky that you didn't have to pay the $125 to $150 in extras that MOST FFL's and shipping companies require in to send and receive the firearm.

The rest of us, we have to pay.

--Steyr M357A1 357SIG

Old 06-16-2010, 4:33 PM
Veteran Member

You pay because you didn't do the foot work. Like I said, anyone selling a used Glock for that much got ripped off and is trying to not take a hit. I don't go shopping at places like Turner's and then try to sell my used gun for more than MSRP because I want to recoup my tax, DROS, their markup for overhead, etc.

Also, I use one of the most popular SoCal dealers that I know of. It's not some special under the table hand shake between me and a life long friend. Luck has nothing to do with it. It's call patience and not jumping on the first gun I see.

Also, using Gunbroker as a guide for used prices on current production guns = lol.
Old 06-16-2010, 5:08 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
You pay because you didn't do the foot work. Like I said, anyone selling a used Glock for that much got ripped off and is trying to not take a hit. I don't go shopping at places like Turner's and then try to sell my used gun for more than MSRP because I want to recoup my tax, DROS, their markup for overhead, etc.

Also, I use one of the most popular SoCal dealers that I know of. It's not some special under the table hand shake between me and a life long friend. Luck has nothing to do with it. It's call patience and not jumping on the first gun I see.

Also, using Gunbroker as a guide for used prices on current production guns = lol.
Well I'm glad you think using a large sales institution as a reference funny.

But I think you're putting pipe dreams in the minds of consumers when it comes to prices. Next you'll state we should be paying $600 for a Colt 70 series 1911...

--Steyr M357A1 357SIG

Old 06-16-2010, 5:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbin Dallas View Post
Well I'm glad you think using a large sales institution as a reference funny.

But I think you're putting pipe dreams in the minds of consumers when it comes to prices. Next you'll state we should be paying $600 for a Colt 70 series 1911...
really!! where can i get a $600 series 70 colt 1911.

i just got my series 70 1911 for 750 does that count
Old 06-16-2010, 5:44 PM
Veteran Member

if your buddy is going to sell it on here tell him to figure out what he paid for it and at another 20%.
Old 06-16-2010, 7:09 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:

What's the name of your ffl dealer? I have not meet any ffl dealer that does not charge extra for out of state sale (internet sale), let along "one of the most popular SoCal dealer".

Old 06-16-2010, 8:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldnoob View Post
What's the name of your ffl dealer? I have not meet any ffl dealer that does not charge extra for out of state sale (internet sale), let along "one of the most popular SoCal dealer".

Yeah...I'd really like to know that because between shipping and the extra fees it doesn't really make sense to buy out of state unless you can get the firearm for what the tax is...usually in higher dollar purchases it makes sense (10% versus shipping of $30 plus typical extra DROS fees of $40 so firearm should be in the $700 plus dollar range)
Old 06-16-2010, 8:10 PM

Quote:

i agreed i try to sell my 19 a while back, $3-400 offer thats what i get 7/24 ...i keep it

Last edited by SPR18; 06-16-2010 at 8:14 PM..
Old 06-16-2010, 8:20 PM
AKA: Joe Censored

Quote:
There is a big difference between buying a used on roster 3rd gen Glock you can find new at any gun store in the state, and buying a used off roster 4th gen Glock that is not available in stores new legally anywhere in the state and only available if someone wants to get rid of their used one they were able to get brought in.

You shouldn't be able to find a 4th gen Glock at Turner's
Old 06-16-2010, 10:09 PM
Calguns Addict

The Glock Gen 4 is akin to the XDm series which has been selling for a grand. It's the fact it's off roster that ups the price so much. Since this would be the first one on this board, you may be able to ask $1200 for it. HK45's are still consistently going for $1400. First one on here went for $2500!!!
Old 06-16-2010, 10:21 PM
Veteran Member

A used Glock Gen4 should sell around $550 to $600. Just look at the Ruger LCP ($299 off roster). People are paying over $500 for a used one in CA.
Old 06-16-2010, 10:33 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:

then post up store names, and details. since you are boasting about how anyone can get this "deal" then let loose the details. what FFL did you use, what website did you buy off of. i am in a market for a glock19 so i would love to get a deal.
Old 06-16-2010, 11:09 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch705 View Post
then post up store names, and details. since you are boasting about how anyone can get this "deal" then let loose the details. what FFL did you use, what website did you buy off of. i am in a market for a glock19 so i would love to get a deal.
http://www.summitgunbroker.com/Glock_19.html

Sold out right now, but he gets them in regularly. Last price was $395 delivered. Even if you get hit with a $100 transfer fee it's still under $500 - and many a stores charge much less than $100.

As for the dealer I don't bit the hand that feeds. If they want to advertise their prices, they can do so. Besides, like I said above, a used Glock for the $400 range is easy enough to get unless you're getting gouged sideways by the dealer, so my dealer isn't the only option.
Old 06-16-2010, 11:20 PM

I found a place that you can get a brand new Glock with fixed sights .40 cal or 9mm for like $398 plus tax etc....only down side is that you got to be either Law Enforcement or have your Security Exposed permit to get in...I got a new Glock 22 for $489 out the door with 50 rounds of ammo.. check out proforceonline.com the gen 4 was the same price but you gotta be L.E. to get it

Last edited by bryanrupp77; 06-16-2010 at 11:23 PM..
Old 06-16-2010, 11:41 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
http://www.summitgunbroker.com/Glock_19.html

Sold out right now, but he gets them in regularly. Last price was $395 delivered. Even if you get hit with a $100 transfer fee it's still under $500 - and many a stores charge much less than $100.

As for the dealer I don't bit the hand that feeds. If they want to advertise their prices, they can do so. Besides, like I said above, a used Glock for the $400 range is easy enough to get unless you're getting gouged sideways by the dealer, so my dealer isn't the only option.
i'm a bit partial to new... so that doesn't help me, since he lists that he will not be selling new glocks anymore due to the price increase glock demands that he won't sell it at.... bleh.

cheapest i've found local to me is $530 before tax/dros..... and if i get out of state, i would still pay tax (unless i find around for a FFL that won't charge me tax) plus shipping/transfer/dros fees which equal the nearly the same as tax.