Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated Centerfire rifles, carbines and other gas operated rifles.

Old 03-28-2006, 1:29 AM

Talking Romanian PSL Dragunov Parts kit

Got this today UPS from tickbitesupply.com

$399 got me a almost new Military parts kit. This is not the regular commercial kit, this is the real macoy, military version. came with mag pouch, cleaning kit, 4 mags, full kit in perfect shape for 410 shipped! The thing is ready to go, all you need is the rivets and put it together, old receiver and rivets already drilled out along with the barrel pin. Now i just need to find some assembly instrucions and a harbor junk bolt cutter...

I'm in love:

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 03-28-2006, 2:49 AM

If their receivers and psl kits are still available in a month or so, I will definately be getting one.
Old 03-28-2006, 9:02 AM

where will you get the reciever from?
Old 03-28-2006, 9:08 AM

I put my name on the list .....
Old 03-28-2006, 9:41 AM

Wow nice... I want one...
I saw the link....
If you have any information to help me get one pm me PLEASE....
Old 03-28-2006, 10:24 AM

Best way is just call and put yourself on the list for the parts kit and receiver. It seems AKparts.com has the rivet set since this kit uses a couple different rivets than the regular AKM kit...

Hopefully next week ill have this thing complete ready to fire.
Old 05-23-2006, 3:28 PM

OK so how can we be sure this assembled weapon will be CA leagal ??

Thanks
Old 05-23-2006, 3:32 PM
I need a LIFE!!

I was told by someone that the romanian dragunov receivers are not true dragunovs and they they are more like stretched AK receivers. Not as accurate as the original russian variants. Unfortunately you gotta pin that mag.
Old 05-23-2006, 4:28 PM

Just saw the flyer from Center Firearm Systems, they have ROMAK3 parts kit for sale, $299 ea. Don't know if they ship ti CA.
Old 05-23-2006, 4:50 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Unfortunately you gotta pin that mag.
Or create a plug for the thumbhole stock and make it a regular stock.

Then it's perfectly legal with the detachable mag.
Old 05-23-2006, 6:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeryCoolCat
I was told by someone that the romanian dragunov receivers are not true dragunovs and they they are more like stretched AK receivers. Not as accurate as the original russian variants. Unfortunately you gotta pin that mag.
They're about as accurate as SVD's, but your right, they aren't true Dragunovs. When it came to the issue of a DMR/Sharpshooting rifle, the Romanians decided to roll there own and just put a normal AK on steroids. www.headsbunker.com has a great article on the PSL.
Old 05-23-2006, 6:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mltrading
Just saw the flyer from Center Firearm Systems, they have ROMAK3 parts kit for sale, $299 ea. Don't know if they ship ti CA.
Centerfire does ship parts kits to CA. I got a couple of M70 kits, and a WASR kit from them all in pretty good shape.

Tickbitesupply is pretty far backordered. I put my name in a month or so ago, and at that time, they sounded doubtful of getting enough PSL kits and receivers in for me to get one. Seems the receivers are becoming scarce. Interordnance until recently, had completed ones for $700 or so. Now they are all gone, and the few I see on gunbroker are going for closer to $900.
Old 05-23-2006, 7:37 PM

There are no psl receivers around right now.
You can get a cold steel 80% and build one but it was not recommened b/c of non-oll protection.
Old 05-23-2006, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBWhite
There are no psl receivers around right now.
As of about a week ago, there was one vendor that had the Romanian PSL receivers. But they won't ship to CA. They were advertising them on Gunbroker. I dunno if they still have any though. I think they also required some machine work for the scope mount or something similar
Old 05-23-2006, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMan
As of about a week ago, there was one vendor that had the Romanian PSL receivers. But they won't ship to CA. They were advertising them on Gunbroker. I dunno if they still have any though. I think they also required some machine work for the scope mount or something similar

You are talking about militarygunsupply.com
They are jerks- don't buy from them. They will not ship anything to california according to the guy i spoke with.

ALL bare psl receivers need some filing on the bottom of the scope mount since the factory leaves them oversized. Not a big deal

`EB.
Old 05-24-2006, 1:21 AM

Quote:
You are talking about militarygunsupply.com
They are jerks- don't buy from them. They will not ship anything to california according to the guy i spoke with.

ALL bare psl receivers need some filing on the bottom of the scope mount since the factory leaves them oversized. Not a big deal

They do not ship directly to CA....

Good to hear that problem with the mount isn't as big as they made it sound over the phone. Depending on how the scope mount looks, I may get an IOR Valdada mount. From shooting my buddies PSL, I know it wasn't exactly lefty friendly. I need to see how I can adjust the mounts to correct that.
Old 05-24-2006, 2:16 AM
Calguns Addict
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Got this today UPS from tickbitesupply.com

$399 got me a almost new Military parts kit. This is not the regular commercial kit, this is the real macoy, military version. came with mag pouch, cleaning kit, 4 mags, full kit in perfect shape for 410 shipped! The thing is ready to go, all you need is the rivets and put it together, old receiver and rivets already drilled out along with the barrel pin. Now i just need to find some assembly instrucions and a harbor junk bolt cutter...

I'm in love:

[IMG][/IMG]
The only difference between the military and commercial version is the bayonet lug or lack of it and the optics it would have shipped with.

Mine does not have the bayonet lug, but I did get the military Romanian scope with it. Only the first batch of complete rifles shipped with the correct scope.
Old 05-24-2006, 1:04 PM

Can't wait to see how you are going to load this rifle with a pinned mag. Might make a nice wallhanger though.
Old 05-24-2006, 1:06 PM

I am not using the thumbhole stock. I am using a regular ak stock, so no evil features on this baby.

Any russian commercial scope works fine too!
Old 05-24-2006, 1:33 PM

Here's an attempt at a PSL from a parts kit. Fixed mag and metric button head screws.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PSL3.JPG (90.1 KB, 71 views)
File Type: jpg Stock.JPG (90.8 KB, 62 views)
Old 05-24-2006, 5:34 PM
Veteran Member

How about a ROMAK-3 in an old Garand or M1A stock...Use a saiga-style rear trigger conversion and then drop the whole receiver into an inlet-ed (is that word?) stock...problem solved.

Of course it will take a little fitting and head scratching but its not too difficult to make work IMHO.

If I had more $$$ I would build one myself. You just need to make a rear mount trigger and a pull-rod inside the receiver, similar to SAIGA hunting-style rifle equipment.

JP
Old 05-24-2006, 7:22 PM

I've been thinking about putting my PSL together for a while (I got one almsot 3 years ago as a kit, and did nothing with it :P). I think I'm gonna do a saiga style trigger, and build a stock similar to this..

Old 05-24-2006, 8:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPglee1

How about a ROMAK-3 in an old Garand or M1A stock...Use a saiga-style rear trigger conversion and then drop the whole receiver into an inlet-ed (is that word?) stock...problem solved.

Of course it will take a little fitting and head scratching but its not too difficult to make work IMHO.

If I had more $$$ I would build one myself. You just need to make a rear mount trigger and a pull-rod inside the receiver, similar to SAIGA hunting-style rifle equipment.

JP

that is pretty f-ing sweet JP
Old 05-24-2006, 8:09 PM

Quote:

JP
criminy!!! where can i get direction for that one?!?!?!? i want it!!!
Old 05-25-2006, 11:25 AM

Quote:
How about a ROMAK-3 in an old Garand or M1A stock...Use a saiga-style rear trigger conversion and then drop the whole receiver into a stock...problem solved.
This is a good idea if we could find any Saiga FCG components. Are any available??
Until then, a fixed mag does work.
Builder
Old 05-25-2006, 5:39 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Builder
This is a good idea if we could find any Saiga FCG components. Are any available??
Until then, a fixed mag does work.
Builder

OEM SAIGA parts

Sure go over to www.gunsnet.net and www.gunco.net and ask for peoples OEM Saiga FCG parts, lots of people in the "free world" have made them into PG guns.

The other option is to use a dummy trigger behind the original, with the original trigger tang cut flush to the receiver and pull-rod connecting the 2. If you have a welder you could even weld up the original trigger hole (I think a cut off trigger will clear) in the bottom of the receiver. I'll have to make a drawing of the pull-rod I have envisioned, I'm positive it will work.

I just moved into a new house and my garage looks like Katrina hit it, so it will be a bit before I get back to 'smithing... but I plan to do a Romak if I can get the parts together for not too much $$.

So many projects, so little $$$. If I had free parts I'd make all sortsa monstrousitys for your delight.

PEACE>

JP

P.S. Got more done on the 9mm Carbine, gotta find that digicam around here...

Last edited by JPglee1; 05-25-2006 at 5:41 PM..
Old 05-25-2006, 5:55 PM
Veteran Member

Here's a FAST rough drawing I did...

In my mind this is how I would do it:

Front trigger ("original trigger) would be a "2 hook" design, with the LEFT side hook ground to allow the hammer to NOT catch it. The HAMMER would also have its LEFT side "wing" removed (not needed for reliable function)

The front trigger would have the trigger-tang bobbed off and the trigger would be smoothed/rounded for reliable functioning.

Rear trigger would start as a "2-hook" design as well, except that the RIGHT hook would be completely removed from the trigger (well it could be left, but why haul it around)

The LEFT hook on each trigger would be drilled for 1/8" steel rod, which would have a "z" bend on each end to keep it in the hole. You would drop the 2 triggers into the receiver shell with the pull rod in place.

The original safety would still block the front trigger and prevent the gun from firing.

sounds like a good plan to me

The dimensions and locations of the pull rod holes etc would need to be tinkered with (I don't have a blank receiver shell but I DO have a plastic one and it looks to have plenty of room)

Whatcha think? Crazy or workable?

JP

P.S. How about this one for all you FAL guys that have HiCaps and can't use them:

1/32" thick sheetmetal "box" (blue lines) with a rear mounted dummy trigger held in place with the PG stud and the bottom stock screw (at the tang)... You'd put it on and it would cover the original trigger which would have a hole drilled in it for the pull rod (also using Z bends)

If you use a South African XL-Long stock you get a perfect length of pull. Would be especially cool with a short gas system and 16" BBL....
Old 05-26-2006, 7:38 AM
Veteran Member

Shameless bump...

J