Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Official Events
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

CGSSA Official Events Booths, Gun Show Events and other Official occasions. (Limited Posting)

Old 05-24-2010, 11:59 AM
Pre-Banned
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Default TEAM GPAL / CALGUNS.NET RACING INVITED TO FIM WORLD SUPERBIKE AND WE NEED YOUR HELP!!

As many of you may know, Gpal and Calguns.net have recently started campaigning a professional motorcycle racing team. Craig Mason, an avid member of Calguns (Seesm) and a prior AMA Supermoto Grand National Champion, teamed up with CGN and GPal with the idea of creating this team just a few short months ago.

Two weeks ago, the team made its debut at the AMA West Coast Moto Jam at Infineon Raceway with a finish of 14th place in the final race of the Daytona Sportbike class ! Just yesterday at an AFM event Craig finished 8th and 9th in his two main races.

Imagine our surprise when Craig was invited to ride in likely the biggest motorcycle event in the USA this year, the FIM World Superbike Challenge USA round at Miller Motorsports Park in Utah !!!

http://www.sbkusa.com/

Miller is calling this event the largest they have ever planned.

This is considered to be "THE most significant Utah event since the Olympics"

A hundred thousand or more spectators will be on hand for FOUR solid days of racing and festivities. There is so much happening at the event that we can't even begin to list it (although a STYX / Foreigner / Kansas concert is in the mix).

There will be coverage of the racing from many major media outlets, TV, Radio, etc. It will be everywhere!

The most important statistic for this event, the reason we are all so excited in planning it, is that there is just a handful of riders from the USA participating. In this gigantic, international event, there are SIX wild card entries from the USA and our team has been invited to be one of them.

The possibilities are endless. Our marketing machine will be in full swing. As the little new competitor invited at the last minute we have a great story to tell, and we will be telling EVERYONE about it!

If you haven't seen it yet, here are some pictures of the bike, rider and team at the AMA event. We have an amazing paint job on the bike, top quality team shirts, brand new leathers all branded with Gpal and Calguns. Basically we look great out there, and will make a significant impression on anyone watching.

There are a few hiccups in the planning for this event. We didn't know that we had a confirmed entry until Friday. The scope of this event is amazing, and the preparation has us all in a fire drill to achieve the impossible. We simply are not established with the sponsors needed to run a full time race team (but we will be!). We don't even have transportation available due to the short notice and holiday weekend!

This is where Calguns can help! Here is an opportunity to take Calguns and Gpal to an INTERNATIONAL event and get our names spread across the world. Realistically, we could not afford the kind of publicity that an event like this will provide, so the deal is truly spectacular. The community at Calguns has stepped up many times to achieve some incredible things, and we hope that this can be another event built with the support of everyone here.

We are not begging for donations. This is a professional race team and we are seeking sponsorships. What we need from Calguns is the assistance in finding the ideal candidates for these deals. We are a pro gun race team, and while that may be a controversial issue to some, it is and will be the focus of our marketing efforts. There will be no secret agenda, in fact it is my personal goal to have ALL of our major sponsors either be vendors or manufacturers in the firearms industry.

Right now we am putting out the call to Calguns members. There are over 50,000 of you, and there are certainly some of you that own or work for businesses in the powersports industry. When you read this message please contact the friends, family, employers and employees you know and share the message. We need your help!

We need new bikes! Craig is currently racing with a pair of 2007 Yamaha R6s with 3500+ miles. The rest of the field is running 2009 or 2010 bikes, without a chance of going over 1000 miles without new motors, yet Craig fought his way to a 14th place!!! Imagine what he could do with new bikes! Obviously for a race in four days, it would need to be a complete race prepped setup (anyone work for Graves Yamaha?) but there are a lot more races this year!

We need PARTS !!! The bikes are race tuned, but are still running stock suspension, brakes, etc. There is so much to be gained from some basic performance upgrades! Many of the items we need are expendable, brakes, tires, fuel, etc.

We need Equipment! Down to the most basic items, we are building a brand new team. Tools, vehicles, hospitality, even the boots Craig is riding in, we NEED to show up in Utah looking like a top notch professional team.

We need TRANSPORTATION. This is an important one. We were working with an RV store for the last event, but this one popped up without warning and we have no possible way to reserve a vehicle. Maybe one of you works at an RV rental shop, or even a store selling RVs. Our immediate need is a large diesel pusher motorcoach. A number of people will be coming with us for support and we need a great looking vehicle for the paddock area. We need it for at least this week, Wednesday through next Tuesday. If you are in the business, I'd love to talk with you about a deal for the rest of the race season!

It is also a distinct possibility that someone out there, one of you great calgunners, owns this kind of RV or RV / toy hauler, and somehow you don't have plans for it over memorial day weekend. Maybe you have a good friend that isn't using theirs. The best scenario would be for the member that didn't have any plans and wants to come racing with us !! You will have a great time, and the experience will leave you with memories for a lifetime. If you can't come with us, your vehicle will be returned to you in perfect condition, and you will have done us an amazing favor.

Of course, as with any sponsorship,
WE NEED CASH!
Racing is expensive, and we have been working very hard with an extremely limited budget. This event is too much without some assistance. There are costs associated with every step of this process, and the most difficult part is that we simply don't have any other time to raise funds. We have two days, or we don't go and we miss out on the best opportunity that we will have for a long time to get international recognition.

We said we are not begging for donations and we meant it, however we understand that many of you support the Calguns effort in many ways, and if you simply want to help out the team without more advanced recognition we will not refuse your help. Every effort will be made to spread the word of the efforts of Calguns and the achievements that have been made in California through the work of this great community. Rest assured that your money is going to good use.

This is not a one time deal! We are actively seeking sponsors for the rest of the 2010 season, and we hope to be a well developed, successful team for the 2011 season and years to come! Here is the schedule of events we are planning for the rest of 2010.

May 15 & 16 Infineon AMA West Coast Moto Jam (Finished 14th!!)
May 22 & 23 Infineon AFM (Finished 8th and 9th!)
May 29 - 31 MMP Utah FIM World Superbike
June 12 & 13 Thunderhill AFM
July 10 & 11 Thunderhill AFM
July 23 - 25 LAGUNA SECA AMA Red Bull Moto GP
July / Aug 31 & 1 Infineon AFM
September 5 Fontana WERA WEST
October 2 & 3 Thunderhill AFM
November 6 & 7 Las Vegas WERA WEST

If we can get some great sponsors on board, we can attend more AMA races around the country!

The Laguna Seca event is a huge Moto GP / AMA race, and will be a great chance for So Cal enthusiasts to come out and meet the team.

Thank you all for reading this, I know it was long but this is an extremely exciting time for us all!!!

This event has an incredibly short deadline. If you are interested in striking up a sponsorship deal with the Gpal / Calguns.net racing team, donating equipment or cash, or have an RV and the desire to have a blast at the largest motorcycle racing event in the USA,

PLEASE get in contact with me immediately.
You can PM me here.

EXISTING VENDORS we can discuss implementing race team advertising with your current CGN package! Please just find a few moments to discuss this with me.

Thank You
Dave Shore
CGN Inc.
Team Gpal / Calguns.net Racing

http://www.millermotorsportspark.com/event/2009sbk/

NRA Life Member

Last edited by bigcalidave; 10-16-2010 at 12:47 PM..
Old 05-24-2010, 5:34 PM

I think we finished better than 14 at ama right?
Old 05-24-2010, 9:13 PM
Calguns Addict

James I think your thinking 13th in Daytona Sportbike race #2 ? Remember we started 29th and moved up to 13th, and we ran in 13th till the last turn of the race. Then I had a rider come underneath and push me wide and we drag raced to the line with him getting 13th and me a 14th.... Race one was 21st And yesterday at AFM we got a 7th and 9th... If we can get this World Supersport deal worked out it will be crazy cool....
Cool to meet you Josh!!

DefenseIndustries.US
Auburn, CA

Last edited by Seesm; 05-24-2010 at 10:05 PM.. Reason: spelling mistakes.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:31 PM

Craig, you really shoulda' been keeping me posted! If you're still up, call me (you should have my number from my last email...) Otherwise, I'll call you first thing tomorrow morning.
-Erik
Old 05-25-2010, 1:20 AM
Pre-Banned

Well I have had requests for a donation link, so if you would like to donate to this event or the race team in general, you can ALWAYS send funds to racing@gpal.net through Gpal !!!

NRA Life Member

Last edited by bigcalidave; 05-26-2010 at 10:43 PM..
Old 05-25-2010, 2:18 AM
#1 Bull Goose Loony

Thanks for the link.

This is going to get CalGuns out in front of thousands of gun owners that have not yet heard of us.

Greetings (CaliforniaLiberal),

We would like to notify you that funds in amount of $**** were sent to Team GPal Racing on 2010-05-25. Transaction ID: ******.

Please visit your GPal account by clicking HERE or by copying https://www.gpal.net/gp into your web browser.

Kind Regards,
The GPal Team

Click on the send money button and use 'racing@gpal.net' as the 'To'

Good Luck to you guys and come back safe!
Old 05-25-2010, 7:42 AM

You guys should start selling the race shirts, and hats to us. Wish i could help out more. Good luck guys. I'll be watching you guys on SPEED.
Old 05-25-2010, 9:45 AM
Pre-Banned

Thank you for the donations!! We will be selling race shirts, hats, etc as the marketing continues. Its just so new to us right now, and this huge invitation falls on us last second.

We still need lots of help, I have to get more people to see this page!
NRA Life Member

Old 05-25-2010, 11:39 AM
C3 Leader

Dave, great job -- remember, I'm in line for the range bags with the CGN logos

A few of my pistol shooting friends have just bought bikes, so I hope they'll help pass the word on for all of you.

If you live in Solano County, please join us at:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/group.php?groupid=12

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, CRPA Board Member
Old 05-25-2010, 5:01 PM

Check your PM.
Old 05-25-2010, 5:29 PM
Pre-Banned

Oh I did ! PM Responded to!
NRA Life Member

Old 05-25-2010, 5:49 PM

PM'ed you, Dave...
Old 05-25-2010, 9:24 PM
Calguns Addict

Gaze thanks for the call this morning...

DefenseIndustries.US
Auburn, CA
Old 05-26-2010, 11:55 AM
Pre-Banned

Our entry is approved! If we can find a way to go, we are racing!
NRA Life Member

Old 05-26-2010, 1:47 PM

Craig, Im sorry Im short on cash right now, or else Id help as much as possible. Good luck this weekend if you make it up to Utah. Send me a text when you can.

"Knowledge is a sheild against the unexpected and a solution to the unknown"
Old 05-26-2010, 2:15 PM
Vendor/Retailer

How bout it guys? This is a huge opportunity for CGN that just fell into our lap, but we need your help to get there!

Postings are my own, and are not formal positions of any other entity, or legal advice.
Old 05-26-2010, 7:10 PM
Calguns Addict

This is a super cool deal and I have put it in Gods hands... If he wants me there. We will make it to Utah!! If not we will race another day!!!

DefenseIndustries.US
Auburn, CA
Old 05-26-2010, 7:10 PM

I ponied up; Ben just close it out by writing the check :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by artherd View Post
How bout it guys? This is a huge opportunity for CGN that just fell into our lap, but we need your help to get there!

CCW Santa Clara County sponsor ... ric (aka Michael

Once the 2'nd goes, the others are like dominos (auth: ricochet: 2013) ...
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away ...

WTB: super tall stainless scope rings (see thru preferred) and/or rear sight replacement for Mini 14
WTS: tall rings
Old 05-26-2010, 10:45 PM
Pre-Banned

Ok, I'll admit, now I'm begging. I really want us to go to Utah, we are stretched to the last minute. Anything that anyone can contribute will help, and I hope it's ok with all the people who donate if we don't make it to Utah, but we use these funds to continue with our racing season! If not, I'll refund them in a second. Thank You all.

NRA Life Member

Old 05-26-2010, 11:40 PM
Calguns Addict

Ok maybe not begging Cause we don't need no stinking begging... I may have a line on some funds for partial... But not enough to do it so if anyone is wanting to have there companies logo on the bikes or banners or both or something reprsented etc etc... BTW this is no normal race it is World Supersport at the World Superbike event... It is huge... Anyway please let Dave know or PM me... Thanks everyone.

DefenseIndustries.US
Auburn, CA
Old 05-26-2010, 11:44 PM

Begging sounds bad... let's not do that. Craig is a world class rider. How about "here's your chance to reach millions world wide....."
Old 05-27-2010, 12:03 AM
Calguns Addict

Pretty sure Dave was kidding... This is a great chance to make some impressions on people who may have not heard of CGN and GPal before. So really a no brainer on the marketing side... And any Calgunners can come along as well...

DefenseIndustries.US
Auburn, CA
Old 05-27-2010, 10:35 AM
Calguns Addict

Yeah my line did not pan out at all... Bummer.

DefenseIndustries.US
Auburn, CA
Old 05-27-2010, 5:02 PM

I just made a donation, not much but something is better than nothing
Do me a favor Craig, stand Disalvo up and take his line for me LOL!
Old 05-27-2010, 7:52 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pl408 View Post
I just made a donation, not much but something is better than nothing
Do me a favor Craig, stand Disalvo up and take his line for me LOL!
haha do you not like Jason? Is he riding WSS or WSBK? I have only met him a few times and he was cool to me... But he complains alot I hear... I thought you were coming up to meet us at Infineon Pep?

DefenseIndustries.US
Auburn, CA
Old 05-27-2010, 8:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seesm View Post
haha do you not like Jason? Is he riding WSS or WSBK? I have only met him a few times and he was cool to me... But he complains alot I hear... I thought you were coming up to meet us at Infineon Pep?
I never met the guy but he sure does whine a lot, I guess I am just a little jealous thats all
He is running WSS on the Triumph
as for Infineon I wanted to go really bad but luck of the draw on call/standby for work fell on my lap that weekend and I got called out
I watched on speed and saw you trading paint with Eslick, we got some good exposure
Looked like fun and brought back some memories
anyway's good luck over there and have fun man!
Old 05-27-2010, 8:59 PM
Calguns Addict

Thanks man... that Eslick deal sucked cuz they showed the blue flag for 6 YES 6 laps prior to the leaders coming by so it slowed us down actually. I thought I could DIVE in tight to turn 2 and they would go by on the race line... Well they got to me faster than I thought they would.... :P This whole WSS thing is not looking so good as the money I thought would hit my account has yet to hit... So I am frantically trying to stir up more interest... I am praying of course!!

DefenseIndustries.US
Auburn, CA
Old 05-27-2010, 11:12 PM
#1 Bull Goose Loony

Bump to get CalGuns Racing on the road to Utah.
Old 05-28-2010, 9:11 AM
Calguns Addict

Yeah it's not looking all that good at this point for THIS RACE from Saturday-Monday I am bummed... I guess we will live to race another day.

DefenseIndustries.US
Auburn, CA
Old 05-28-2010, 9:43 AM
Calguns Addict

Officially sending the withdrawl email off to AMA Pro Racing and the European promotor I hope they are not too bummed out at me. Thanks for everyone who was interested in helping out. We will as I said "LIve to race another day"

DefenseIndustries.US
Auburn, CA
Old 05-28-2010, 6:49 PM

it is what it is
How about Laguna
I cant wait for this event!
Old 05-28-2010, 6:53 PM
#1 Bull Goose Loony

If miracles happened every time you wanted one they wouldn't be miracles.
Old 05-28-2010, 9:38 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaLiberal View Post
If miracles happened every time you wanted one they wouldn't be miracles.
How true is THAT...? I prayed about the World Supersport deal and it did not happen so it was NOT meant to be. Laguna is happening I hope. I am shooting for that. I need to rebuild my top end on my bike but the plan is to crush it at Laguna and top 15 that in BOTH races... I will need some luck but I am all about that.

BTW I am adding 2 pics I just found from me at the AMA race at Infineon so check that thread if you want to see them!! Anyone that put towards the Worlds race please let Dave know if you want it to go towards Laguna or come back to you. I want everybody so pumped on THIS!! Thanks everyone for the kind emails and all the support!!

DefenseIndustries.US
Auburn, CA
Old 05-29-2010, 7:44 PM
Calguns Addict

a link to make me feel worse...

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/...?article=40634

DefenseIndustries.US
Auburn, CA
Old 05-30-2010, 12:26 AM

Damn and we put it on paris in the last race... no disrespect to melissa, she is one fast rider. It just sucks to know we probably would have qual'd . Oh well craig, like you said, it wasn't meant to be. I prayed for what was right and apparently crushing some afm and ama races was in the cards! I'm still stocked. Peeps, we still need help, I can only volunteer... hope its enough brother..
Old 05-30-2010, 12:30 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

How's the leg? Get it looked at, yet? You only have two of them.

90% of winning is simply showing up.

"Let's not lose sight of how much we reduced our carbon footprint by telecommuting this protest." 383green

NRA Benefactor Member
Old 05-31-2010, 12:22 AM
Calguns Addict

Any Calgunners want to ride a OPEN track day wihtout too many people sign up for this. I am helping my buddy Mark run this. Tell him Craig sent you!!! Look forward to riding with more Calgunners!! Woot Woot.

http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/fo...d.php?t=333590

DefenseIndustries.US
Auburn, CA
Old 05-31-2010, 3:55 PM
Calguns Addict

sorry to hear it didn't pan out Craig. I even passed out your announcement to some colleagues in TX to show "hey, some folks in PRK *are* doing something about our 2A rights by getting exposure at the world level." I would've wanted to hear the WSBK announcers making some comments about Calguns. I'm sure it'll be more than a quick remark too (hopefully, not a snide one as they are British!).
Old 05-31-2010, 8:28 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Need to get the word out in other sections of this forum, don't think too many folks read the 'Calguns Official Events' section.
Old 05-31-2010, 11:13 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by high_revs View Post
sorry to hear it didn't pan out Craig. I even passed out your announcement to some colleagues in TX to show "hey, some folks in PRK *are* doing something about our 2A rights by getting exposure at the world level." I would've wanted to hear the WSBK announcers making some comments about Calguns. I'm sure it'll be more than a quick remark too (hopefully, not a snide one as they are British!).
Thanks... Ahhh it would have been very cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankerman View Post
Need to get the word out in other sections of this forum, don't think too many folks read the 'Calguns Official Events' section.
I agree.... Good idea...

DefenseIndustries.US
Auburn, CA