Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Gunsmithing & How To
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Gunsmithing & How To Pro, Amateur & WECSOG and Tutorials, Guides & OLL Build Instructions

View Poll Results: pick your date and pick your food (only if you are attending please)
Saturday, July 17, 2010 8 29.63%
Saturday, July 24, 2010 21 77.78%
jalepeno bluecheese hamburgers...or regular 8 29.63%
tri tip sandwiches 8 29.63%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #81  
Old 06-04-2010, 11:20 PM
killmime1234's Avatar
killmime1234 killmime1234 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: San Jose
Posts: 1,537
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z ME FLY View Post
For that price, I would just buy a kit from Oldyeller and have him demill it for $350. You figure, 299 plus the shipping 14 total 313, pay oldyeller $37 more to get one demilled from him. He sells good stuff and trust me $40 for demilling a kit is worth it. Also if you buy two, he might knock a couple of dollars off since your buddy would want one too.

For example, I have some headspacing problems on my krink build. I also have to drill the trunnion. Yeah I could do it myself but instead I sent it off for $40 to have it done by someone else. I prefer to do things myself but certain things are worth it to have done by someone else.
Hm. Well if Oldyeller has multiple kits available, that's absolutely something I will consider. Part of trying to find an external source was that I could very conveniently hit the "2" button in the quantity adjustment of the shopping cart. But if I could just as easily get them from a private party, and a Calgunner no less, I'd gladly do it.

Oldyeller: If you do indeed have multiple kits available, I may take you up on that offer. I need to contact my friend first and see if he's in, as well as look at my own financial situation before committing, but the offer is more than fair.
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 06-04-2010, 11:27 PM
Z ME FLY's Avatar
Z ME FLY Z ME FLY is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: East Bay, CA
Posts: 6,224
iTrader: 93 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by killmime1234 View Post
Hm. Well if Oldyeller has multiple kits available, that's absolutely something I will consider. Part of trying to find an external source was that I could very conveniently hit the "2" button in the quantity adjustment of the shopping cart. But if I could just as easily get them from a private party, and a Calgunner no less, I'd gladly do it.

Oldyeller: If you do indeed have multiple kits available, I may take you up on that offer. I need to contact my friend first and see if he's in, as well as look at my own financial situation before committing, but the offer is more than fair.
Find out about your $$$ first then talk to oldyeller. There are always different options for the 922r parts. For example you can save some money if you do a fixed stock build but you can skip the pistol grip and not have one which makes it a featureless ak so you don't have to have a mag lock unless you have a forward grip or folding stock. That would save $30-40.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Mach1 View Post
The virgin requires more work (don't they all )

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Mach1 View Post
Z gets around. lol
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 06-04-2010, 11:45 PM
killmime1234's Avatar
killmime1234 killmime1234 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: San Jose
Posts: 1,537
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z ME FLY View Post
Find out about your $$$ first then talk to oldyeller. There are always different options for the 922r parts. For example you can save some money if you do a fixed stock build but you can skip the pistol grip and not have one which makes it a featureless ak so you don't have to have a mag lock unless you have a forward grip or folding stock. That would save $30-40.
Yeah, I think I'm gonna have to try and sell some stuff--if anybody knows anyone who wants to buy a couple airsoft guns, lemme know! lol.

I think I came into this thinking that it'd be a lot like an regular AR build. Get a receiver, get a parts kit, get an upper, assemble. That's why I was thinking I could spread it (the cost) out over a couple months. However, because AKs are assembled differently (ie the parts kit IS PART OF the receiver and is several times more expensive than ARs), I have to make sure that it's feasible to spend that kind of dough all at once.

These build partys aren't exactly a monthly occurrence and I'd like an AK soon, but I don't wanna jump in and regret it later. At the very least I could bend my receiver and get to learn about the process, even if I don't finish a build that day.

Last edited by killmime1234; 06-04-2010 at 11:53 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 06-05-2010, 12:01 AM
Z ME FLY's Avatar
Z ME FLY Z ME FLY is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: East Bay, CA
Posts: 6,224
iTrader: 93 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by killmime1234 View Post
Yeah, I think I'm gonna have to try and sell some stuff--if anybody knows anyone who wants to buy a couple airsoft guns, lemme know! lol.

I think I came into this thinking that it'd be a lot like an regular AR build. Get a receiver, get a parts kit, get an upper, assemble. That's why I was thinking I could spread it (the cost) out over a couple months. However, because AKs are assembled differently (ie the parts kit IS PART OF the receiver and is several times more expensive than ARs), I have to make sure that it's feasible to spend that kind of dough all at once.

These build partys aren't exactly a monthly occurrence and I'd like an AK soon, but I don't wanna jump in and regret it later. At the very least I could bend my receiver and get to learn about the process, even if I don't finish a build that day.
Well of course, there is the one talked about in this thread. I do not want to thread cap on Alex's thread but I am talking with another calgunner on planning something out too. I am hoping to crank out some AKs with the help of some of the vets on this board if they have the time. It is very doable for even the noobs as long as your ak is mostly demilled to go home with a complete rifle.

Actually BPs do happen once a month or once every other month from what it seems like...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Mach1 View Post
The virgin requires more work (don't they all )

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Mach1 View Post
Z gets around. lol
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 06-05-2010, 2:23 AM
LazyBoy's Avatar
LazyBoy LazyBoy is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Daly City, Ca.
Posts: 136
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

I going to try to make this one, hopefully it will be on July 17/18. I will out of town at the end of the month.
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 06-05-2010, 7:09 AM
joe_sun's Avatar
joe_sun joe_sun is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Nampa, ID
Posts: 1,802
iTrader: 32 / 100%
Default

PM sent to killmime1234 for offer to sell one of my unfired Bulgy 74 kits.

I'm tempted to hit up this build party to bend a flat and get some help with the rails and the heat treating.

I've built about 15 AKs for people on flats and they just never feel as good as a Nodak, just so soft without the full heat treat but 1969MACH1's builds on the new AK Builder flats look NICE and have me thinking of trying again.
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 06-05-2010, 11:46 AM
Z ME FLY's Avatar
Z ME FLY Z ME FLY is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: East Bay, CA
Posts: 6,224
iTrader: 93 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_sun View Post
PM sent to killmime1234 for offer to sell one of my unfired Bulgy 74 kits.

I'm tempted to hit up this build party to bend a flat and get some help with the rails and the heat treating.

I've built about 15 AKs for people on flats and they just never feel as good as a Nodak, just so soft without the full heat treat but 1969MACH1's builds on the new AK Builder flats look NICE and have me thinking of trying again.
killmime1234, the kit looks pretty decent but you have to decide if you want a 47 or 74. I like the 47s for the fact I can shoot non corrosive ammo in it and it's not that expensive. The 74 is corrosive ammo so you have to clean right after you shoot.

I think someone in NorCal has plans for a oven to heat treat receivers.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Mach1 View Post
The virgin requires more work (don't they all )

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Mach1 View Post
Z gets around. lol
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 06-05-2010, 11:57 AM
popeye4's Avatar
popeye4 popeye4 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Santa Cruz mountains
Posts: 1,484
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

I'd like to try this. I have a kit that has been sitting around for a couple of years, time to put it together. I have a tig welder and parkerizing tank setup, if needed, plus lots of other tools.
__________________

NRA Life Member
CRPA Life Member
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 06-05-2010, 12:04 PM
Z ME FLY's Avatar
Z ME FLY Z ME FLY is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: East Bay, CA
Posts: 6,224
iTrader: 93 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by popeye4 View Post
I'd like to try this. I have a kit that has been sitting around for a couple of years, time to put it together. I have a tig welder and parkerizing tank setup, if needed, plus lots of other tools.
Probably not need the tig welder but a park tank setup would probably be needed.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Mach1 View Post
The virgin requires more work (don't they all )

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Mach1 View Post
Z gets around. lol
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 06-05-2010, 12:06 PM
killmime1234's Avatar
killmime1234 killmime1234 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: San Jose
Posts: 1,537
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z ME FLY View Post
killmime1234, the kit looks pretty decent but you have to decide if you want a 47 or 74. I like the 47s for the fact I can shoot non corrosive ammo in it and it's not that expensive. The 74 is corrosive ammo so you have to clean right after you shoot.

I think someone in NorCal has plans for a oven to heat treat receivers.
I think 47 is the way I wanna go. I already ordered romy flats so I'm committed to that. What it's all gonna boil down to is how quickly I can get cash.
Reply With Quote
  #91  
Old 06-05-2010, 12:11 PM
Z ME FLY's Avatar
Z ME FLY Z ME FLY is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: East Bay, CA
Posts: 6,224
iTrader: 93 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by killmime1234 View Post
I think 47 is the way I wanna go. I already ordered romy flats so I'm committed to that. What it's all gonna boil down to is how quickly I can get cash.
No problem. I started off with the 47s too. From what it seems like, the BP will be next month so you have a month's time to find a parts kit. You also have the option of Oldyeller.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Mach1 View Post
The virgin requires more work (don't they all )

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Mach1 View Post
Z gets around. lol
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 06-05-2010, 12:15 PM
killmime1234's Avatar
killmime1234 killmime1234 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: San Jose
Posts: 1,537
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z ME FLY View Post
No problem. I started off with the 47s too. From what it seems like, the BP will be next month so you have a month's time to find a parts kit. You also have the option of Oldyeller.
Yeah. A month is plenty of time. And assuming I can afford it, I'd much prefer to buy from a fellow Calgunner (Oldyeller) than from some anonymous schmoe in wyoming or something. Even if for some reason I couldn't afford it, I'll still be there to at least bend my flat and learn the process.
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 06-05-2010, 12:36 PM
popeye4's Avatar
popeye4 popeye4 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Santa Cruz mountains
Posts: 1,484
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Since I am new to this game, is there a sticky somewhere that identifies the prerequisite work I should do? I know I should clean up the kit, but are there any other things I should do that might be time consuming at a party that can be done in the solitude of my shop beforehand?
__________________

NRA Life Member
CRPA Life Member
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 06-05-2010, 12:45 PM
Z ME FLY's Avatar
Z ME FLY Z ME FLY is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: East Bay, CA
Posts: 6,224
iTrader: 93 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by popeye4 View Post
Since I am new to this game, is there a sticky somewhere that identifies the prerequisite work I should do? I know I should clean up the kit, but are there any other things I should do that might be time consuming at a party that can be done in the solitude of my shop beforehand?
TUTORIAL FOR BUILD PARTIES STICKY ON THE GUNSMITHING FORUM

Basically what you want to do is mostly demill your AK kit before the BP and of course order all of your stuff. But let's answer your question about what to do, well I would say if possible demill the trigger guard and rear trunnions for sure. You can grind down the old rivets on the front trunnion, pull off the old receiver slab and grind those flush with the trunnion. From there, you can bring all of that to the BP and should walk home with an AK at the end of the day. The front trunnion, we will press out the barrel pin and barrel and those short rivets should basically fall right out.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Mach1 View Post
The virgin requires more work (don't they all )

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Mach1 View Post
Z gets around. lol
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 06-05-2010, 2:08 PM
lbc710 lbc710 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Long Beach,CA
Posts: 149
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default

Talking from experiance here: DEMILL OR AT LEAST TRY TO!! the rear trunnion its a PIA at the party since there are people waiting on drills and such
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 06-05-2010, 2:23 PM
Z ME FLY's Avatar
Z ME FLY Z ME FLY is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: East Bay, CA
Posts: 6,224
iTrader: 93 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbc710 View Post
Talking from experiance here: DEMILL OR AT LEAST TRY TO!! the rear trunnion its a PIA at the party since there are people waiting on drills and such
Also when you are rushing, you make mistakes which means you are going to make it harder on yourself.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Mach1 View Post
The virgin requires more work (don't they all )

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Mach1 View Post
Z gets around. lol
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 06-05-2010, 2:28 PM
247Nino's Avatar
247Nino 247Nino is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Posts: 1,838
iTrader: 85 / 100%
Default

July 17 is looking like a good day and it give everyone a chance to get all their parts in.
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 06-05-2010, 2:50 PM
Z ME FLY's Avatar
Z ME FLY Z ME FLY is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: East Bay, CA
Posts: 6,224
iTrader: 93 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 247Nino View Post
July 17 is looking like a good day and it give everyone a chance to get all their parts in.
Get the kits early so you have a chance to demill. There should be a couple of BPs coming up.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Mach1 View Post
The virgin requires more work (don't they all )

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Mach1 View Post
Z gets around. lol
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 06-05-2010, 3:26 PM
247Nino's Avatar
247Nino 247Nino is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Posts: 1,838
iTrader: 85 / 100%
Default

save your drill bits! dont drill the rear trunnion rivets out, instead put the trunnion in a vise and pound them out!!!
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 06-05-2010, 5:01 PM
popeye4's Avatar
popeye4 popeye4 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Santa Cruz mountains
Posts: 1,484
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z ME FLY View Post
TUTORIAL FOR BUILD PARTIES STICKY ON THE GUNSMITHING FORUM

Basically what you want to do is mostly demill your AK kit before the BP and of course order all of your stuff. But let's answer your question about what to do, well I would say if possible demill the trigger guard and rear trunnions for sure. You can grind down the old rivets on the front trunnion, pull off the old receiver slab and grind those flush with the trunnion. From there, you can bring all of that to the BP and should walk home with an AK at the end of the day. The front trunnion, we will press out the barrel pin and barrel and those short rivets should basically fall right out.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Thanks for the info. I saw the sticky but was looking for a "before party" checklist and this works well for that. I'll get busy so I'm ready to build at the build party!
__________________

NRA Life Member
CRPA Life Member
Reply With Quote
  #101  
Old 06-05-2010, 5:05 PM
E-120's Avatar
E-120 E-120 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Sky
Posts: 1,669
iTrader: 56 / 100%
Default

looking forward to the next canyon country party. Still looking for an AMD kit to make a pistol.
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 06-05-2010, 5:10 PM
Z ME FLY's Avatar
Z ME FLY Z ME FLY is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: East Bay, CA
Posts: 6,224
iTrader: 93 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by popeye4 View Post
Thanks for the info. I saw the sticky but was looking for a "before party" checklist and this works well for that. I'll get busy so I'm ready to build at the build party!
PM me if you have questions, if you need to know what to bring to a BP I can list everything you need.

Pretty much, what I suggest to bring to BPs besides from the normal stuff for your build is 5/32 drill bits, dremel cut off disks and drum sanders or even drinks and food Any of those things will help.

You will also need brake cleaner and WD40.

REMEMBER USE WD40 WHEN DRILLING ANY HOLE. It will help save the drill bit from breaking and getting dull.


Quote:
Originally Posted by 247Nino View Post
save your drill bits! dont drill the rear trunnion rivets out, instead put the trunnion in a vise and pound them out!!!
Haha only if they were all that easy to do. I have only seen that happen a couple of times that I was able to punch out the long rivets. Normally I drill half way then lock it in a vice and punch it out. That normally works, worse case is you have to flip it around and drill it from the other side.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Mach1 View Post
The virgin requires more work (don't they all )

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Mach1 View Post
Z gets around. lol
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 06-05-2010, 5:34 PM
tacticalcity's Avatar
tacticalcity tacticalcity is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Rancho Cordova, California
Posts: 8,813
iTrader: 90 / 100%
Default

I've got a Romanian Kit, Prebent/Drilled/Treated Lower, and Lots of Tapco and AKBuilder Parts for sale in the Marketplace. I would like to sell the kit first (the most expensive item). Because if it doesn't sell I will be attending a build party myself and will thus need the other parts. One part I have and will not need is a center support if anybody needs one, see my listing in the marketplace. The lower already has a center support and rails. I also have a bunch of magazine rebuilt kids. Thanks guys.

FYI, the rear trunion is included and in one of the plastic bags shown in the picture.
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=291644
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=302890





Last edited by tacticalcity; 06-05-2010 at 5:51 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 06-05-2010, 5:41 PM
popeye4's Avatar
popeye4 popeye4 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Santa Cruz mountains
Posts: 1,484
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z ME FLY View Post
You will also need brake cleaner and WD40.

REMEMBER USE WD40 WHEN DRILLING ANY HOLE. It will help save the drill bit from breaking and getting dull.
WD40? I never use that for lubrication, I would use cutting oil for this application. I can bring some of that.

I've got some gunsmithing experience; I've built ARs, M1 Garands, and M14s, but not an AK (yet). I'm looking forward to the experience!
__________________

NRA Life Member
CRPA Life Member
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 06-05-2010, 5:42 PM
Z ME FLY's Avatar
Z ME FLY Z ME FLY is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: East Bay, CA
Posts: 6,224
iTrader: 93 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by popeye4 View Post
WD40? I never use that for lubrication, I would use cutting oil for this application. I can bring some of that.

I've got some gunsmithing experience; I've built ARs, M1 Garands, and M14s, but not an AK (yet). I'm looking forward to the experience!
WD40 is also used to spray your ak after parking it so it's always handy.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Mach1 View Post
The virgin requires more work (don't they all )

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Mach1 View Post
Z gets around. lol
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Old 06-05-2010, 5:43 PM
Z ME FLY's Avatar
Z ME FLY Z ME FLY is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: East Bay, CA
Posts: 6,224
iTrader: 93 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-120 View Post
looking forward to the next canyon country party. Still looking for an AMD kit to make a pistol.
Doh! you should have told me, I saw an AMD kit somewhere for either $200 or $250 with the original barrel. I was thinking about picking it up but I have something else in mind.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Mach1 View Post
The virgin requires more work (don't they all )

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Mach1 View Post
Z gets around. lol
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 06-05-2010, 5:44 PM
Z ME FLY's Avatar
Z ME FLY Z ME FLY is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: East Bay, CA
Posts: 6,224
iTrader: 93 / 100%
Default

Romy G $265 shipped

http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68463

"Need to finance a new chuck for the lathe.

Very good condition (Bocefus kit) 1986 all matching Romy G kit. Completely demillled, all rivets removed, headspaced, ready to build. Comes with the following compliance parts, Tapco G2 trigger group, Armory USA pistol grip, Armory USA slant muzzle break. Does not include original FCG. Trunnion holes are tapped 10-32, this will not effect a rivet build in any way (I have rebuilt many skrew builds into rivet builds wit no issues). Top cover has small relief cuts to clear skrews.

$265 shipped for the kit.

Only trade considered would be a quality four Jaw chuck for a logan 11" lathe."

How come I am thinking, we need to have a demill party too? I'm thinking a lot of people aren't going to have their stuff demilled before the BP. Would anyone be down to gtg on one before the BP? I might have a place available just bring extra drill bits, cut off discs, and punches if you got them. LMK who would be interested....
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Mach1 View Post
The virgin requires more work (don't they all )

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Mach1 View Post
Z gets around. lol

Last edited by Z ME FLY; 06-05-2010 at 9:53 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 06-06-2010, 1:04 PM
247Nino's Avatar
247Nino 247Nino is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Posts: 1,838
iTrader: 85 / 100%
Default

Alright guys, July 17 Saturday is 5.5 weeks away

is that a good date for everyone? Post up if so!

Read up on building and get all your parts kits, flats, 922(r) parts, mag rebuilds or grip wraps.

__________________
Saiga 12 IZ-109
FML-47 AK Pistols
RUST BLUING MY M70B1/AB2

EVERYTHING IS EVERYTHING
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 06-06-2010, 1:06 PM
Z ME FLY's Avatar
Z ME FLY Z ME FLY is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: East Bay, CA
Posts: 6,224
iTrader: 93 / 100%
Default

July 17th, Yes it is a good date for me, I don't have anything going on besides summer school. I'll be there to help and maybe build a little bit.

EDIT::
either date should be fine with me

Here is a quick checklist for you folks, I might be missing some stuff too...


Checklist for AK build Party
AK Parts kit (make sure you have all your parts)
demilled?
Flat/Receiver
Center Support
Rivets
Retainer Plate
Mag lock or Gripless?
922R Parts?
MB/FH
Pistol grip/Gripless
Trigger Grouping (i.e. Tapco) 3 parts

Brake Cleaner
WD40
extra 5/32 drill bits
extra dremell cut off disks
extra dremell sand drums
safety glasses
sand paper
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Mach1 View Post
The virgin requires more work (don't they all )

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Mach1 View Post
Z gets around. lol

Last edited by Z ME FLY; 06-06-2010 at 7:28 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old 06-06-2010, 3:24 PM
NorCalDustin NorCalDustin is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Northern California - Sacramento
Posts: 1,453
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default

July 17th is fine with me... From what time (Hehe... I will show up as early as possible considering I'll probably have a 3-4hr drive) to what time and what city?
Reply With Quote
  #111  
Old 06-06-2010, 4:22 PM
Z ME FLY's Avatar
Z ME FLY Z ME FLY is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: East Bay, CA
Posts: 6,224
iTrader: 93 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalDustin View Post
July 17th is fine with me... From what time (Hehe... I will show up as early as possible considering I'll probably have a 3-4hr drive) to what time and what city?
If it is at Alex's I think it started at 9 or 10 last time and ended around 7ish. It's in Antioch, all I remember is that the directions I got online were wrong. so don't use google or yahoo
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Mach1 View Post
The virgin requires more work (don't they all )

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Mach1 View Post
Z gets around. lol
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 06-06-2010, 5:15 PM
Alexthewelder's Avatar
Alexthewelder Alexthewelder is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Antioch,ca from s. san jose,ca
Posts: 889
iTrader: 25 / 100%
Default

Ok so the poll is up. pick your date and food!

The options are:

July, 17th or 24th Saturdays

Jalepeno bluechees hamburgers or tri tip sandwiches
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 06-06-2010, 6:45 PM
NorCalDustin NorCalDustin is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Northern California - Sacramento
Posts: 1,453
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexthewelder View Post
Ok so the poll is up. pick your date and food!

The options are:

July, 17th or 24th Saturdays

Jalepeno bluechees hamburgers or tri tip sandwiches
Voted... I just put down July 24th because it works a little better for me, but I will still be there if it turns out to be on the 17th.
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 06-06-2010, 7:18 PM
Barabas's Avatar
Barabas Barabas is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: 916
Posts: 3,372
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Mark me down for either date, possible +1.
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 06-06-2010, 9:23 PM
247Nino's Avatar
247Nino 247Nino is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Posts: 1,838
iTrader: 85 / 100%
Default

24th!

Just got tickets to the 17th Giants game for the fam
__________________
Saiga 12 IZ-109
FML-47 AK Pistols
RUST BLUING MY M70B1/AB2

EVERYTHING IS EVERYTHING
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 06-06-2010, 10:15 PM
killmime1234's Avatar
killmime1234 killmime1234 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: San Jose
Posts: 1,537
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Hm. 24th is looking better... right after payday...
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 06-07-2010, 1:23 PM
Z ME FLY's Avatar
Z ME FLY Z ME FLY is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: East Bay, CA
Posts: 6,224
iTrader: 93 / 100%
Default

NorCalgunners

akbuilder is having a sale right now on tapco single and double hook triggers!!

All Tapco G2 Triggers single or double hook are on sale this week for $19.50 until they are out of stock.

YOU MUST ENTER THE COUPON CODE G2 (case sensitive) IN YOUR CART TO GET THE DISCOUNT.

Hope this helps

IF YOU ORDER ONE LMK, I PROBABLY NEED ONE SOONER OR LATER SO I CAN GIVE YOU THE MONEY
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Mach1 View Post
The virgin requires more work (don't they all )

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Mach1 View Post
Z gets around. lol
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 06-07-2010, 3:22 PM
Z ME FLY's Avatar
Z ME FLY Z ME FLY is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: East Bay, CA
Posts: 6,224
iTrader: 93 / 100%
Default

You guys need some tapco triggers? I am about to order a couple so if you want we can just save on shipping a little bit, LMK, I'll place my order tonight, it will go out on the 11th.

BTW I don't even need any tapco triggers but this deal is sweet...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Mach1 View Post
The virgin requires more work (don't they all )

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Mach1 View Post
Z gets around. lol
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 06-07-2010, 3:43 PM
CSACANNONEER's Avatar
CSACANNONEER CSACANNONEER is online now
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Thousand Oaks
Posts: 40,893
iTrader: 125 / 100%
Blog Entries: 4
Default

Damn, I can't go 'cause I have to take care of my two dogs while my wife is gone. But, the jalapeno blue burgers sond really, really good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50BMGBOB View Post
If the MAK90 flats are out by then, I'll be there. I can set you up with my air compressor even if I don't make it.
I HATE YOU!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 247Nino View Post
save your drill bits! dont drill the rear trunnion rivets out, instead put the trunnion in a vise and pound them out!!!
I 100% DISAGREE. I use decent bits and drilling them out does not ruin the bit at all. I have found it to be a big PITA to pound them out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z ME FLY View Post
You guys need some tapco triggers? I am about to order a couple so if you want we can just save on shipping a little bit, LMK, I'll place my order tonight, it will go out on the 11th.

BTW I don't even need any tapco triggers but this deal is sweet...
I'm curious if Tapco (or other US made FCGs) will work in a milled build. I've got two milled kits but, I haven't check to see if all the internals are the same or not. Can someone educate me?
__________________
NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun and Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor
California DOJ Certified Fingerprint Roller
Ventura County approved CCW Instructor


Offering low cost private basic shooting and reloading classes for calgunners.

Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 06-07-2010, 3:46 PM
Z ME FLY's Avatar
Z ME FLY Z ME FLY is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: East Bay, CA
Posts: 6,224
iTrader: 93 / 100%
Default

Hey Greg the Us made FCGs work in milled kits too
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Mach1 View Post
The virgin requires more work (don't they all )

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Mach1 View Post
Z gets around. lol
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 9:09 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2016, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.