Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > VENDORS > Atlantic Firearms
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Atlantic Firearms Hosted by AtlanticFirearms.com

Old 05-30-2010, 10:40 AM

Default who's answering the e-mails?

I sent one with the following question:

Quote:
I noticed in the last e-mail you guys sent out that you're selling $169 drum magazines for the ar-15. My question is are the parts of those interchangeable with the beta c-mag? I've got a couple around that have broken and it would be cool to be able to pick up parts kits for $169 rather than having to source beta parts.

and here's the reply i got:

Quote:
Yes in stock ,orders are placed via the web site as we cover in the how to buy section, we do not know about parts interchangeability

a snarky reply answering questions about stock and how to order (which i never asked) and then a simple "we do not know about parts interchangeability". not even a hypothesis? i'm sure someone at atlantic has some idea, and the brisk replies don't do much in the way of service

so if someone else knows whether the $169 drum mags parts are interchangeable with the beta c-mag, that would be great!
GURA: ....Oh s***
SCALIA: SERIOUSLY STFU IF WE USE PRIVILEGES AND IMMUNITIES THESE F***OS WILL LEGITIMIZE EVERYTHING STFU STFU STFU
GURA: But you hate due process
SCALIA: I LIKE IT NOW
Old 05-30-2010, 12:47 PM
Vendor/Retailer

There was nothing SNARKY we were covering the bases letting you know they were in stock and that we did not know about the parts compatibilty . The next customer email we normally get is asking if they were in stock so we thought we would be informative and let you know they were ready to ship . We also get approx 400 emails daily and try to return them as quickly as possible and often do not have time to get into a detailed email so we try to answer the questions short & sweet , we are also taking personal time to answer your email on Sunday of Memorial day weekend when our office is normally closed .

Last edited by Atlantic Firearms; 05-30-2010 at 1:26 PM..
Old 05-30-2010, 12:50 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Sorry we did not want to offer a hypothesis about the parts issues and give you incorrect or misleading info , the drums appear to be an exact copy of the Beta C drums but again we do not want to get into the trap of saying they will interchange.
Old 05-30-2010, 3:22 PM
Veteran Member

so are these in a rebuild kit?
Old 05-30-2010, 6:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantic Firearms View Post
There was nothing SNARKY we were covering the bases letting you know they were in stock and that we did not know about the parts compatibilty . The next customer email we normally get is asking if they were in stock so we thought we would be informative and let you know they were ready to ship . We also get approx 400 emails daily and try to return them as quickly as possible and often do not have time to get into a detailed email so we try to answer the questions short & sweet , we are also taking personal time to answer your email on Sunday of Memorial day weekend when our office is normally closed .
understood, thank you for the quick reply. this is good service! i see that it was not meant how i took it, and am glad to be proven wrong. you guys have done right by me in the past (ak parts kit) so i am glad to have had this discussion to clear up what was a misunderstanding on my end.

so the question is, will you sell these as a rebuild kit? i understand you can't make any promises about the parts interchanging, but at $169 i think its worth a try. would be really cool if you guys could do that, since the only other options are getting beta stuff (i dont know of any vendors with such a good priced item).
GURA: ....Oh s***
SCALIA: SERIOUSLY STFU IF WE USE PRIVILEGES AND IMMUNITIES THESE F***OS WILL LEGITIMIZE EVERYTHING STFU STFU STFU
GURA: But you hate due process
SCALIA: I LIKE IT NOW