Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > MARKETPLACE > Private Firearms Sales - Long Guns
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Private Firearms Sales - Long Guns For the private sale of rifles, shotguns and other long guns. Read the rules before posting.

Old 05-26-2010, 3:33 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Default FS: VET bring-back K98k added 6-4-2011 last post

First up:

Magnaport Custom Ruger Super Blackhawk .44 Mag.

2" barrel, no ejector rod custom Sheriff's model. It was a used piece when I picked it up. Excellent condition though total round count is unknown. No Magnaport candy included. Excellent trigger and very accurate. I've put 100 rounds of my Keith type 240 grain lead reloads through it, another 100 rounds of the old Remington factory .44 mag 240 grain SJHP rounds, and around 250 rounds of .44 special lead reloads w/ the 240 Keith bullet.

Great conversation piece and six shot flashlight...

$600.00 $500.00, PPT at Jackson Arms in S.S.F. If you're a LEO or Military, I'll pay the DROS - you pay the transfer. No trades please.

SOLD on Gunbroker 3-26-11 UPDATE 3-28-11, Online auction drama...may not be sold afterall..Update 4-9-11 SOLD
- Jeff Cooper

Check my current auctions on Gunbroker - user name bigbasscat - see what left California before Roberti-Roos

Last edited by B Strong; 06-04-2011 at 10:57 AM..
Old 05-26-2010, 3:46 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Smith & Wesson 2nd Model Hand-ejector in .44 Special:

This is an interesting 2nd Model HE in .44 Special that started out life in 1926 as a standard fixed sight model. 6 1/2" barrel.

At some point the piece had a set of old-style adjustable Micro-Sight's professionally installed, along with a serrated ramp front sight. It's pretty obviously a piece built for someone who either couldn't afford the Target model sold concurrently at the time, or simply a piece somebody built for long range target shooting.

Somwhere, but not in hand, I have a Jinks letter that stated the piece was built and shipped in '26, refinished in matt blue by Smith in 1953, but they had no record indicating that the sight installation had been done by Smith, or if the sights were on the piece at the time of the refinishing.

Very tight action, the trigger pull is heavier than other Smiths in my collection of the same vintage, but no mechanical damage or malfunction is evident. It could be that the piece just wasn't shot as often as other examples. Excellent bore.

Small spot of surface rust on the crane right at the bottom - it doesn't show on the pics but is visble and felt when the piece is in hand.

Non-numbered factory grips with a vintage Tyler T-grip adaptor.

$750.00 $700.00 $600.00 or B/O PPT at Jackson Arms in S.S.F. As in my other sales, if you're a LEO or Military, I'll pay the DROS, you pay the transfer. It's the least I can do to show my appreciation for your service. No trades please.

Edit: SOLD 4-9-11 to 1911a1
- Jeff Cooper

Check my current auctions on Gunbroker - user name bigbasscat - see what left California before Roberti-Roos

Last edited by B Strong; 04-09-2011 at 11:57 AM..
Old 05-26-2010, 4:08 PM
Calguns Addict

That sure is a neat blackhawk. That would be the cats meow if it had a birdshead grip frame. That sure is tempting.
Old 05-26-2010, 4:13 PM

If that SBH came with a NFL helmet w/facemask and a fire extinguisher, I'd be all over it!
Bump
Old 05-26-2010, 4:49 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

S. & W. 657 3" barrel, with Smith 624 3" holster:

This is a very early 657 .41 Magnum 3" barrel.

The serial number on this piece is in the first serial block referenced in the Jink's letter above. The piece has been used, carried and fired, but no mechanical defects or damage is present. Excellent bore, great trigger. Red ramp front. white outline rear. Factory combat stocks. Light surface scratchs, no rust.

Along with the piece I'll include a never used Smith and Wesson branded right-hand holster marked for the 624 .44 Special 3" wheelgun.

$750.00, PPT at Jackson Arms in S.S.F. If you're a LEO or military, the DROS is on me - the transfer will be your responsibility. No trades please.

657 Sold to shooting4life
- Jeff Cooper

Last edited by B Strong; 05-31-2010 at 5:05 PM..
Old 05-26-2010, 5:01 PM
Calguns Addict

That 657 would make a gorgeous stablemate to my 629 three inch.... now if I could just get the government to give me some of my money back.

Free bump for a couple of interesting pieces.

Not a lawyer, just a former LEO proud to have served.

Quote:
Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. -- James Madison
Old 05-26-2010, 5:44 PM
Calguns Addict

I'll take the 657 per our pm's
Old 05-27-2010, 4:19 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

More goodies out of the safes will be listed this weekend.
- Jeff Cooper

Old 05-28-2010, 5:47 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Next up:

S. & W.model 19-4, 2 & 1/2" barrel, NIB, never fired, perfect condition.

Pinned and reccessed (of course) the classic Smith .357 Combat Magnum. All paperwork including warranty card. Smith owners manual revision dated 10-78

This one has been in the safe since day 1, and has only seen the light of day for drooling purposes - and the droolers were never allowed to handle it.

$800.00 PPT at Jackson Arms in S.S.F. If you're a LEO or military, I'll pick up the DROS, you will be responsible for the transfer charge by JA. No trades please.

Sold to Gunhacker!

- Jeff Cooper

Last edited by B Strong; 05-31-2010 at 5:11 PM..
Old 05-28-2010, 6:01 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Another one out of the past:

S. & W. 1917, .45 ACP.

This piece left S. & W. in 1918 as a standard 1917 military revolver.

It was factory rebuilt and refinished by Smith and Wesson in 1969 with the deep blue that Smith was putting on it's wheelguns at that time. The lanyard stud was removed and filled perfectly. The revolver remains in it's original configuration with the 5 & 1/2" barrel and fixed sights. The revolver wears a set of period stag grips.

This particular Smith 1917 is very tight, having been fired little since it's factory rebuild, and although the Jinks letter that came with it has migrated to parts unknown, the revolver has the stamped "S" with a dot above the serial number in the crane area that indicates a S. & W. factory rebuild. This pieces is in fantastic shape mechanically, and an excellent bore.

This example has the absolute best single and double action pull of any non-custom shop Smith I've ever owned.

$800.00 $700.00 $600.00 or B/O PPT at Jackson Arms in S.S.F. If you're a LEO or military, I'll pick up the DROS. No trades please.SOLD to Lefkiguy
- Jeff Cooper

Last edited by B Strong; 03-05-2011 at 2:51 PM..
Old 05-28-2010, 6:16 PM

fabulous collection.
i am impressed.
Old 05-29-2010, 3:13 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Coming tomorrow -

Handguns: Colt Series 80 enhanced .38 Super in bright stainless, second generation G19, second generation G21 package with both a standard and long slide upper and a Surefire rail and light.

Rifles: Norinco 16" barreled SKS, and two Russian capture K98k's inported by Century.
- Jeff Cooper

Old 05-30-2010, 8:37 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Colt Mk. IV Government Model series 80 .38 Super enhanced, bright stainless:

Nice flash bastard Colt .38 Super. Factory high polish stainless finish. Plastic mainspring housing replaced with checkered arched stainless Wilson Combat MSH. Grip safety replaced with Wilson drop-in unit that feels better in the hand, but does not match the frame contour. I may have the original in my spares box, but haven't dug that deep yet - all other parts are original factory Colt with the exception of the grips,which are Carbon Creation carbon fiber flash bastard grips.

The piece has been fired, but never carried, and is in near new condition - slight idiot mark at the slide stop - sorry, I wasn't the first owner, and the guy who was was a butcher, not a brain surgeon.

I'll include two stainless Colt factory magazines.

$800.00 PPT at Jackson Arms in S.S.F. If you're a LEO or Military, I'll pick up the DROS. No trades please. Sold to Trashman!

Edit - just found the original MSH which is arched, polished stainless, grooved, and the original grip safety. Both will go with the piece.

- Jeff Cooper

Last edited by B Strong; 06-02-2010 at 4:35 PM..
Old 05-30-2010, 8:50 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Glock 21 second generation complete package:

This is a well developed Glock 21 - add-on Surefire light and rail, Wilson Combat standard length barrel, very light aftermarket trigger, near new Trijicon nights.

The long slide assembly is an early solid top Lonewolf contract built slide with Bomar clone adjustables. The barrel is a Jarvis 6". Not much to say except this is dead nuts reliable in the standard length, and it needs to have recoil spring rates experimented with in the longslide.

This package would give you some interesting options caliber switch wise, my intention was to go to a 10mm barrel for the longslide, but this is another project that got lost in the shuffle.

Two high-cap rebuilds, more available to the purchaser, the high-caps can go assembled to a bonefide LEO.

$700.00 $550.00, PPT at Jackson Arms in S.S.F., if you're a LEO or Military I'll pick up the DROS. No trades please.

Sold to mostlymoto!

- Jeff Cooper

Last edited by B Strong; 09-02-2010 at 5:22 AM..
Old 05-30-2010, 8:59 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Glock 19, second generation.

Here's something for you guys that want a shooter and not a safe queen.

I stopped counting at 20K rounds. EDC for many years. Put away some years back. Dead nights (Aerotech? it's so long I don't remember) dead nuts reliable.

Two high-cap rebuilds, more available to purchaser. The mags can go assembled to a bonafide LEO, rebuilds to others.

$400.00, PPT at Jackson Arms in S.S.F. If you're a LEO or Military, I'll pick up the DROS. No trades please.

EDIT: No mags available, price dropped to $300.00 - Sold to energizer!

- Jeff Cooper

Last edited by B Strong; 07-01-2010 at 5:36 AM..
Old 05-30-2010, 9:31 AM
Veteran Member

I will take the Colt Mk. IV Government Model series 80 .38 Super enhanced, bright stainless for $800.

PM to follow!

--Neill
Old 05-30-2010, 10:42 AM

Wow, that is neat 2nd Model HE. I recently acquired one myself and will have to letter it as well, just to see what was done to it over the years. Best of luck with your sales of this eclectic group of guns!
Old 05-30-2010, 12:30 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Here are the rifles:

From the top down:

K98k, Dot 1944 code. Russian capture rifle. Non-matching numbers, dark bore, strong rifling. Late war laminated stock, faint Waffens. Repop sling, cleaning rod and front sight hood. Century import back in the 1990's. $250.00 Sold to saigarocks

K98k, Byf 44 code. Russian capture rifle.. Non-matching numbers, strong Waffens. Late war laminated stock with Russian serial stamp on left rear, matches reciver serial. Strong bore, not so dark. Cleaning rod nut inside stock is damaged or missing. Repop front sight cover. Another Century import. $250.00 - SOLD to BigEd925

Yugo M48. Post-war Mauser variation we all know and love. Stock cleaned and redone with Birchwood Casey finish. Everything else original and matching. Three small gouges in the upper handgaurd on the right side in front of the rear sight base. This was another project waiting for completion. I intended to build a post-war Mauser sniper clone with some modern improvements. No time. $200.00 - SOLD to andycee

Chinese SKS "paratrooper" varient. Birklee trading import from back in the old days. It came with the bayonet mounted. Scope mount rail mounted on the left side of the receiver. Issue sling. Yeah, I know "paratrooper" is a term of art, but these are handy little carbines. Excellent shooter. test fired only, excellent bore. $300.00 SOLD to scout II

The K98k's are cash and carry FTF at Jackson Arms in S.S.F. The M48 and SKS must be transfered via PPT at Jackson Arms. If you're a LEO or military, I'll pick up the DROS. No trades please.
- Jeff Cooper

Last edited by B Strong; 01-01-2011 at 4:27 AM.. Reason: Pending sale on SKS
Old 05-30-2010, 12:46 PM

If not claimed, I'll take this one, PM to follow:

S. & W.model 19-4, 2 & 1/2" barrel, NIB, never fired, perfect condition.
Old 05-30-2010, 12:48 PM
Veteran Member

I wish I lived in San Francisco, you have some really great guns. Especially the rifles
Old 05-30-2010, 1:24 PM

Nice 657! I am assuming it is either sold or spf?!
Old 05-30-2010, 3:48 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1nsanity View Post
Nice 657! I am assuming it is either sold or spf?!
657 SPF to shooting4life
- Jeff Cooper

Old 05-31-2010, 5:20 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

657 and 19-4 sold.
- Jeff Cooper

Old 05-31-2010, 5:52 PM

Any more info on the 1917? If the rebuild was done by S&W even in 1969 the serial number would have a star next to it, if the barrel was replaced it would also have a diamond. Under the grips on the grip frame would be a three number code which translates to the date it was repaired or refinished at S&W. Does your gun have any of these markings? I have not seen a S&W marked at the factory with the marking you explain in the crane area. Sure looks nice with the reblue. If you prefer you can email me more info at matt@cucchiaraknives.com
Thanks
Matt
Old 05-31-2010, 6:51 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knifemaker View Post
Any more info on the 1917? If the rebuild was done by S&W even in 1969 the serial number would have a star next to it, if the barrel was replaced it would also have a diamond. Under the grips on the grip frame would be a three number code which translates to the date it was repaired or refinished at S&W. Does your gun have any of these markings? I have not seen a S&W marked at the factory with the marking you explain in the crane area. Sure looks nice with the reblue. If you prefer you can email me more info at matt@cucchiaraknives.com
Thanks
Matt
You have a PM with a detailed in hand description of the markings inbound.
- Jeff Cooper

Old 05-31-2010, 9:37 PM
Calguns Addict

Free bump, good luck with the rest of your sales.

WTS - S&W 27-2 3.5 Barrel with Box and Presentation Case

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1021514
Old 06-02-2010, 11:15 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Come on Calgunners - Unobtainable Smiths !
- Jeff Cooper

Old 06-02-2010, 12:37 PM

Default Navaindio

If the Colt 38 super is still available i will take it .
Old 06-02-2010, 4:33 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navaindio View Post
If the Colt 38 super is still available i will take it .
Sorry guy, I did the PPT with Trashman yesterday.
- Jeff Cooper

Old 06-02-2010, 10:05 PM

I work downtown SF but live in east bay... how late is jackson open ?
Old 06-02-2010, 10:09 PM
Calguns Addict

I think they are open till 9 during the week.
Old 06-03-2010, 3:10 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElToro View Post
I work downtown SF but live in east bay... how late is jackson open ?
Here's Jackson Arms website:

http://www.jacksonarms.com/
- Jeff Cooper

Old 06-05-2010, 7:38 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Saturday night bump.
- Jeff Cooper

Old 06-06-2010, 4:48 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Great pieces still available.
- Jeff Cooper

Old 06-08-2010, 3:37 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

SKS sold to scoutII, great rifles and handguns still available.
- Jeff Cooper

Old 06-09-2010, 4:45 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Price drop on the G19.
- Jeff Cooper

Old 06-10-2010, 3:58 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

- Jeff Cooper

Old 06-11-2010, 4:07 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I know some lucky Calgunner can't resist that six-shot flashlight I've got up.
- Jeff Cooper

Old 06-11-2010, 5:23 PM

LOVE THAT 41 MAG
Old 06-14-2010, 10:31 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

- Jeff Cooper