Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated Centerfire rifles, carbines and other gas operated rifles.

Old 05-11-2010, 6:00 PM

Default Aimpoint mount for M1A SOCOM

Was going to mount a spare EOTech to the rifle but turns out I really hate how the EOTech works on it after playing with my landlord's (got to wait 9 more days for mine) - I want to mount my ML2 to it, but the only mount I have is a QRP one and that's the same height as the EOTech mount.

I don't want to pay $150 for something from LaRue or ARMS, I want something simple and low like this;

Anybody know where I can find one of the old Aimpoint mounting rings, or have a spare one to sell?

Thanks.
Old 05-11-2010, 6:18 PM
Calguns Addict

what about a 30mm scope ring? those are pretty cheap.
Old 05-11-2010, 6:23 PM

Correct, just use a 30mm low ring.

Personally I don't like how the optic way out front changes the balance of the rifle, but YMMV.
Old 05-11-2010, 6:39 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by docsmileyface View Post
Was going to mount a spare EOTech to the rifle but turns out I really hate how the EOTech works on it after playing with my landlord's (got to wait 9 more days for mine) - I want to mount my ML2 to it, but the only mount I have is a QRP one and that's the same height as the EOTech mount.

I don't want to pay $150 for something from LaRue or ARMS, I want something simple and low like this;

Anybody know where I can find one of the old Aimpoint mounting rings, or have a spare one to sell?

Thanks.
A member here reccomended the Ultimak rail and Aimpoint for the SOCOM 16 and states it mounts low enough that you can co-witness..
http://www.ultimak.com/BuyM14.htm

Yea.. it is 200 bucks

EDIT:
heres the post i was thinking
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...&postcount=253

Last edited by Crazed_SS; 05-11-2010 at 6:52 PM..
Old 05-11-2010, 6:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazed_SS View Post
A member here reccomended the Ultimak rail and Aimpoint for the SOCOM 16 and states it mounts low enough that you can co-witness..

Yea.. it is 200 bucks
Yeah, that's exactly what I'm trying to avoid.... From what I've read you can't use regular 30mm rings? They've got to be "wide" ones? The new ones Aimpoint sells is almost $80 shipped - really want to find a place or someone who has the old style ring mounts that the Aimpoints use to come with.
Old 05-11-2010, 7:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by docsmileyface View Post
From what I've read you can't use regular 30mm rings? They've got to be "wide" ones?
As I've already said, a 30mm low ring will work fine. Yes, I have tried it. A regular 30mm ring. Let me say that again. A 30mm ring. I used a Leupold QRW but it doesn't really matter.