Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Shotgun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Shotgun discussions Trap, Hunting, Defense and more. A place for enthusiasts to discuss the shotgun.

Old 03-02-2006, 7:56 PM

Default SpecOps or standard stock for SHTF?

Opinions on this. Interesting to talk about the stock for once in a SHTF situation.
Old 03-02-2006, 8:10 PM
Veteran Member

I personaly coudn't care less, but my wife is less than 120 pounds, so I went with SpecOps..... It does work - no questions about it....
WTB: CZ452
Old 03-02-2006, 8:27 PM

Can someone post a picture or link?
Old 03-15-2006, 12:11 PM

A little late, but here is a link.

http://www.knoxx.com/index.html
Old 03-22-2006, 7:39 PM

Me personally i have a Speedfeed stock on my 870 but my ideal set up would have to be Mesa hands down.
Old 03-22-2006, 8:14 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwestfall
What SHTF scenario are you envisioning where the stock on your shotgun is going to make any difference?

Take that money and buy training and ammo.
I've got a wife and two teenagers, all of whom are recoil sensitive (and I am a bit myself). Anything that reduces the recoil of 12 gauge slugs is a good thing in a situation where they may be called on to man the perimeter.

They're also not as tall as me, either, and the adjustable LOP of a stock like the SpecOps makes a big difference in handling when handing the gun off to different people.

Not only that, I practice more with guns that are more comfortable to shoot.

YMMV, as always.

max
Old 03-22-2006, 8:20 PM

you WILL train more and practice more and shoot more (per shooting day, and more total) with the specops/knoxx. This means more proficient and more confident. Period.

A solid wood stock will help your shotty work like a baseball bat for when ammo runs out.

and there you go
Old 03-23-2006, 11:08 AM
Calguns Addict

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwestfall
What SHTF scenario are you envisioning where the stock on your shotgun is going to make any difference?

Take that money and buy training and ammo.
+1. Do a little reading on shotgun stock fit & how proper fit affects corectly mounting the weapon.

A look at Knox' web page makes it very obvious that their stuff is marketed to the wanna'-be mall security ranger. Very ghey. I can see it useful for aliens though, not sure about zombies.

If you do get the setup, make sure you get the armor/goggles/helmet first

-hanko
Old 04-19-2006, 3:46 PM

Cool Smile when you say that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -hanko
<SNIP>
A look at Knox' web page makes it very obvious that their stuff is marketed to the wanna'-be mall security ranger. Very ghey. I can see it useful for aliens though, not sure about zombies.

If you do get the setup, make sure you get the armor/goggles/helmet first

-hanko
Hanko, I hope your tongue was pushed way into your cheek when you wrote the above comments. The images on our Web site are of a local Swat Team member in his call out gear. We are an OEM supplier to Remington and our SpecOps Stock is factory-installed on their LE guns as well as the HD and Turkey shotguns. The US Air Force just bought a large quantity for use in Afghanistan and our stocks are in service with military personnel around the world. The trainers at the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (Glynco, GA-where all federal le officers are trained) has selected the SpecOps for all of their training shotguns. The list goes on. I suggest that you get a copy of the May issue of SWAT Magazine and see what an unbiased third party has to say.

It can be difficult to accept new things, but recoil-reduction is finally a reality.

It's good to be back on this forum.

CaCrusin

SI VIS PACEM PARABELLUM

Last edited by CaCrusin; 04-20-2006 at 2:49 PM..
Old 04-19-2006, 4:15 PM
Super Moderator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaCrusin
Hanko, I hope your tongue was pushed way into your cheek when you wrote the above comments. The images on our Web site are of a local Swat Team member in his call out gear. We are an OEM suplier to Remington and our SpecOps Stock is factory-installed on their LE guns as well as the HD and Turkey shotguns. The US Air Force just bought a large quantity for use in Afghanistan and our stocks are in service with militray personnel around the world. The trainers at the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (Glynco, GA-where all federal le officers are trained) has selected the SpecOps for all of their training shotguns. The list goes on. I suggest that you get a copy of the May issue of SWAT Magazine and see what an unbiased thrid party has to say.

It can be difficult to accept new things, but recoil-reduction is finally a reality.

CaCrusin
back?!? with only 1 post, did were you ever here?
Old 04-19-2006, 5:38 PM

Ziiiiiiiiiiiiing!

Quote:
Hanko, I hope your tongue was pushed way into your cheek when you wrote the above comments. The images on our Web site are of a local Swat Team member in his call out gear. We are an OEM suplier to Remington and our SpecOps Stock is factory-installed on their LE guns as well as the HD and Turkey shotguns. The US Air Force just bought a large quantity for use in Afghanistan and our stocks are in service with militray personnel around the world. The trainers at the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (Glynco, GA-where all federal le officers are trained) has selected the SpecOps for all of their training shotguns. The list goes on. I suggest that you get a copy of the May issue of SWAT Magazine and see what an unbiased thrid party has to say.

CaCrusin
Old 04-20-2006, 12:41 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:

CaCrusin
Yeah....well your still ghey.....

Just kidding...I have been an admirer of your products for a long time. I know Federal laws prevent you from doing this, but I sure would love to see one of your drums on my Benelli M3.
Old 04-20-2006, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTKrockeTT
back?!? with only 1 post, did were you ever here?
I was a member of this forum last year but not an aggressive poster. My counter was reset when I rejoined the forum yesterday.

CaCrusin

SI VIS PACEM PARABELLUM

Last edited by CaCrusin; 04-20-2006 at 2:50 PM..
Old 04-20-2006, 2:27 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:

CaCrusin
Crusin, if my tongue were in my cheek when I posted my opinion, I would have added a simley, , like that. I'm happy business has been good for you, particulary in re: your government customers.

I'm not sure that "unbiased" generally is the same as "gun magazine review".

I have no issue with recoil reduction, and I usually shoot pump guns and hunt with an ou...glad you have a solution for those that have recoil issues.

I still strongly maintain that FITTING a shotgun to the shooter is about the most overlooked issue with the human/shotgun interface. It is nice to know that recoil reduction is finally a reality.

I don't do 'ad hominem', but you need a spell checker .

Thanks for your comments.

-hanko
Old 04-20-2006, 3:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -hanko
<SNIP>
I still strongly maintain that FITTING a shotgun to the shooter is about the most overlooked issue with the human/shotgun interface. It is nice to know that recoil reduction is finally a reality.

I don't do 'ad hominem', but you need a spell checker .

Thanks for your comments.

-hanko
You’ll get no argument from me about fitment. It is the issue that brought the SpecOps Stock into existence. The two main issues facing shotgun users today are fitment and recoil. The SpecOps is adjustable from 11.5 to 15.5 inches LOP instantly so shooters of all sizes can use the same shotgun with resorting to tools. It also evens the playing field for all shooters.

Regardless of how correctly a person holds a shotgun, the recoil creates soft tissue damage. Some are able to ignore it and continue and others are not. Regardless of which group one is in, recoil is not something that most people enjoy. Why deal with it if it is not necessary. Why have power brakes on your car? The manual brake systems worked and there was a lot of resistance to the new power brake systems. Once they became common then everyone wanted them. The same will be true with recoil reduction.

BTW, thanks for the heads-up on the spelling. No offense taken,

CaCrusin

SI VIS PACEM PARABELLUM
Old 04-20-2006, 7:43 PM
Veteran Member

I think you guys are coming down too hard on the whole 'trying to target the mall ninjas' comments. Especially the last suggestion of a text based website with some graphs.

Are you kidding?!

We live in America, and we have been born, raised, and trained to look for certain qualities in our products. I guarantee if you were to look for anthing, let's say computer software, and you came across a webiste that said something like "send me your money, and I will send you Windows XP!". You first thoughts would be either "scam" or "copied product". No one would want to buy from you. Now if you had the same website, made up in flash with a picture of a normal looking guy installing Windows XP with a smile and it said "send me your money, and I will send you Windows XP!" you first thought would be "that seems like a pretty good price..."

It's all marketing, and our brains tells us that if someone has a legitimate quality product; then they will invest in both a permanent and properly marketed location (wether tangible or not). If you saw a white billboard with a Big Mac on it, would you want it? Why not? That's what their burgers look like. Hell, they may even put in an actual quote about it at the bottom. Now if you saw the same thing with colorful background, steam coming off of it, etc. You know how it goes.

It's the same thing here. The marketing is showing the product in it's role (whether simulated or not) and it gives information on it sufficeint to let the viewer/buyer know that it is more or less real. Mall ninjas will subsequently follow no matter what.

Now if they had some animations of the guy on the website rolling around and diving around corners while shooting mid air, then we would know they were really marketing towards the mall ninjas.

eta: screw you guys if I can't type properly, or something....I blame the illegals for taking money away from my schooling!

Last edited by NeoWeird; 04-20-2006 at 7:45 PM..