Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Firearms Accessories: Holsters, Safes, Lights & more
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Firearms Accessories: Holsters, Safes, Lights & more If it locks up, carries, fits on to or cleans up your firearms, discuss it here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-24-2006, 1:58 PM
Hillbillly Hillbillly is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Anaheim
Posts: 85
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default Anyone Interested in a Group Buy on Cali Gun Safes

Hello All

I have been looking into buying a safe for a few weeks and was lucky enough to come across some great guys here in California. I want to make sure I have all my legal lowers and uppers in a Legal Safe in case I get a visit in the future .

Patriot has some amazing safes (great material and incredible fire protection 1880 degrees for 1 hour!) I asked them if they had an interest in providing safes for a group buy and if they could give us a great deal.

Today they have agreed that if we can get 5-10 members in a group buy they would do the following for their 3 top selling safes. (“Closet”, “Protector”, “Collector”) http://www.patriotsafe.com/products.html

You need to contact them directly and tell them your from the group buy by giving them this code “Cal Gun Safes”

When we get 5-10 orders with them they will give us;
Additional 10% off their sale price that they are advertising on their website. http://www.patriotsafe.com/price-list.html
Free Delivery = $120 - $200 Value
Free digital lock (x-2400) = $299 Value – Also uses coded keys to override if needed
Free Additional Fire Lock Box made by Brinks - $50.00 Value

The “out the door prices with the additions above” are;
“Closet” (up to 20 guns) = $972.00 TOTAL OTD!!!!!!
“Protector” (up to 24 guns) = $1162.00 TOTAL OTD!!!!!!
“Collector” (up to 28 guns) = $1550.00 TOTAL OTD!!!!!!

OK So who will be the 4 other guys that can join me on this deal??

Regards,
Mike
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-24-2006, 2:07 PM
jessegpresley's Avatar
jessegpresley jessegpresley is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: California
Posts: 3,870
iTrader: 10 / 100%
Default

I'm lookin' for a safe. I'll check out their website and give you a PM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-24-2006, 3:05 PM
Pablo's Avatar
Pablo Pablo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: San Jose
Posts: 658
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Nice group buy Hillbilly!
I'm still trying to buy a safe but haven't decided for a model. This might be an excellent alternative for me!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-24-2006, 3:32 PM
Schottded Schottded is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 26
iTrader: -1 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillbillly
Hello All

I have been looking into buying a safe for a few weeks and was lucky enough to come across some great guys here in California. I want to make sure I have all my legal lowers and uppers in a Legal Safe in case I get a visit in the future .

Patriot has some amazing safes (great material and incredible fire protection 1880 degrees for 1 hour!) I asked them if they had an interest in providing safes for a group buy and if they could give us a great deal.

Today they have agreed that if we can get 5-10 members in a group buy they would do the following for their 3 top selling safes. (“Closet”, “Protector”, “Collector”) http://www.patriotsafe.com/products.html

You need to contact them directly and tell them your from the group buy by giving them this code “Cal Gun Safes”

When we get 5-10 orders with them they will give us;
Additional 10% off their sale price that they are advertising on their website. http://www.patriotsafe.com/price-list.html
Free Delivery = $120 - $200 Value
Free digital lock (x-2400) = $299 Value – Also uses coded keys to override if needed
Free Additional Fire Lock Box made by Brinks - $50.00 Value

The “out the door prices with the additions above” are;
“Closet” (up to 20 guns) = $972.00 TOTAL OTD!!!!!!
“Protector” (up to 24 guns) = $1162.00 TOTAL OTD!!!!!!
“Collector” (up to 28 guns) = $1550.00 TOTAL OTD!!!!!!

OK So who will be the 4 other guys that can join me on this deal??

Regards,
Mike
Looks ok I guess, but when I got my fire proof safe, it was about $600. Weighs 525 lbs. There's a place that advertises in the Daily News. You might want to give them a call before you make a decision. I can't find their ad at the moment, but I'll look for it and email you with their number. I'm getting very close to ordering my parts kit from M&A parts, inc. Their prices went down in the latest Shotgun News. I think I'll go for a Vietnam era look-a-like.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-24-2006, 3:42 PM
Hillbillly Hillbillly is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Anaheim
Posts: 85
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Hey Schotted

Will sounds like you got a great deal too.
How long ago was that?
And was it $600 Out the door including delivery and the other goodies I listed above?
Also, most safes I looked at that are fire rate in this price range had a fire rating of only 1200 degrees for 30 minutes.

Good luck on the build I am still waitting on my lowers.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-24-2006, 4:21 PM
bd457's Avatar
bd457 bd457 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: San Diego East County
Posts: 883
iTrader: 86 / 100%
Default

That is an OUTSTANDING deal. On any one of those. I paid WAY more 6 years ago for the very best deal i could find on a quality fire safe. The largest one they are showing is a screaming deal. If you're considering buying a safe, here's some great advice that I should have listened to when i bought my (first) safe:

when you find the safe you want, buy one twice as big!

really!!!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-24-2006, 5:49 PM
capitol's Avatar
capitol capitol is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: I live in California
Posts: 2,154
iTrader: 37 / 100%
Default

I'm not sure I like the outside hinges on those safes
__________________
I don't need Google because my wife knows everything
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-24-2006, 6:17 PM
Lucky 13 Lucky 13 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 5
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd457
That is an OUTSTANDING deal. On any one of those. I paid WAY more 6 years ago for the very best deal i could find on a quality fire safe. The largest one they are showing is a screaming deal. If you're considering buying a safe, here's some great advice that I should have listened to when i bought my (first) safe:

when you find the safe you want, buy one twice as big!

really!!!

That's the truth. I wen't from looking at a Cannon Patriot p22 series $759.99(32"x59"x22") to there cannon series C35 1,300.00(36"x72"x24"). You start looking for a safe then you realize that it's to small and you need a bigger safe,in this case bigger is better..... . Always buy bigger so you don't have to spend the money twice. Hillbillly, I also don't like the outside hinges on those safes but the price is nice. If they had a model like the C35 I would be in. Thanks again and good luck with your group buy.

Lucky13
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-25-2006, 2:09 AM
socalguns socalguns is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Santa Clara County
Posts: 1,709
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default I'm interested, but I need more facts

I'm interested, but I need more facts.
How long will this "sale" last?
(because I wanna do some comparison with costco).

I'm curious as to how you calculated your numbers.
If listed price is $999.00, 10% off makes it $899.10 right?
Even cheaper if you calculate tax after the discount
(because the out the door price is with tax included)

AFAIK, the dimensions listed are outside dimensions,
so calculate cubic footage, you have to subtract respectively
Code:
H = 2(3/4) = 1.5"
W = 2(3/4) = 1.5"
D = 3/4 + 1+5/8 = 2.375"

 H x W X D   Fire Rating Weight  advertised   discounted
59"x28"x20"  1880° 1hour 635lbs $999.00      $899.10 (99.9)
  57.5 x 26.5 x 17.625 = 26856.09375/12/12/12= 15.54 cuft

 H x W X D   Fire Rating Weight  advertised   discounted
59"x30"x24"  1880° 1hour 755lbs $1199.00     $1079.1 (119.9)
  57.5 x 28.5 x 21.625 = 35437.96875/12/12/12 = 20.50 cuft

 H x W X D   Fire Rating Weight  advertised   discounted
59"x39"x24"  1880° 1hour 925lbs $1599.00     $1439.1 (159.9)
  57.5 x 37.5 x 21.625 = 46628.90625/12/12/12 = 26.98 cuft
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-25-2006, 7:22 AM
Wumpscut223 Wumpscut223 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 112
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

I'm interested for sure... PM sent.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 02-25-2006, 8:47 AM
Hillbillly Hillbillly is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Anaheim
Posts: 85
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalguns
I'm interested, but I need more facts.
How long will this "sale" last?
(because I wanna do some comparison with costco).

I'm curious as to how you calculated your numbers.
If listed price is $999.00, 10% off makes it $899.10 right?
Even cheaper if you calculate tax after the discount
(because the out the door price is with tax included)

AFAIK, the dimensions listed are outside dimensions,
so calculate cubic footage, you have to subtract respectively
Code:
H = 2(3/4) = 1.5"
W = 2(3/4) = 1.5"
D = 3/4 + 1+5/8 = 2.375"

 H x W X D   Fire Rating Weight  advertised   discounted
59"x28"x20"  1880° 1hour 635lbs $999.00      $899.10 (99.9)
  57.5 x 26.5 x 17.625 = 26856.09375/12/12/12= 15.54 cuft

 H x W X D   Fire Rating Weight  advertised   discounted
59"x30"x24"  1880° 1hour 755lbs $1199.00     $1079.1 (119.9)
  57.5 x 28.5 x 21.625 = 35437.96875/12/12/12 = 20.50 cuft

 H x W X D   Fire Rating Weight  advertised   discounted
59"x39"x24"  1880° 1hour 925lbs $1599.00     $1439.1 (159.9)
  57.5 x 37.5 x 21.625 = 46628.90625/12/12/12 = 26.98 cuft

Hi

Mr. Proctor at Patriot Safes can answer all your questions. Just let him know you want to be part of the group buy. Sale Code "Cal Gun Safes"

Since the Patriot guys are the experts they can help you with any questions including the interior space of the "closet model"

As far as the calculations go. You have it wrong.
Out the door price means this is the final price with every thing included. (tax,shipping,Rebates "Cal Gun Safes code",etc)
999-99=900+8 percent tax = 972.00
I know these are not exact down to the penny 899.10 vs 900. but these are the numbers they and I agreed to.
Please shop around as I did too, I couldn't find a better VALUE.
Value = Final price vs. all the features - Fire Rating, Build Quality, etc
I have already made a commitment for the "Protector Series" even if we do not get 5 people with the lowered price it is still a great value.

Last edited by Hillbillly; 02-25-2006 at 8:53 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-25-2006, 9:14 AM
socalguns socalguns is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Santa Clara County
Posts: 1,709
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Talking the math

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillbillly
Hi

Mr. Proctor at Patriot Safes can answer all your questions. Just let him know you want to be part of the group buy. Sale Code "Cal Gun Safes"

Since the Patriot guys are the experts they can help you with any questions including the interior space of the "closet model"

As far as the calculations go. You have it wrong.
Out the door price means this is the final price with every thing included. (tax,shipping,Rebates "Cal Gun Safes code",etc)
999-99=900+8 percent tax = 972.00
I know these are not exact down to the penny 899.10 vs 900. but these are the numbers they and I agreed to.
Please shop around as I did too, I couldn't find a better VALUE.
Value = Final price vs. all the features - Fire Rating, Build Quality, etc
I have already made a commitment for the "Protector Series" even if we do not get 5 people with the lowered price it is still a great value.
I've spend a few hours comparing. This is a pretty good deal.
But still, the math, the MATH!!!
If 999 is out the door price (tax included),
then you don't calculate tax twice!!!
If the listed price is $999, then
8.75 x 999.00 / 100 = $87.4125 worth of taxes
So list price before tax is
999 - 87.4125 = $911.5875
A ten percent discount is
10 x 911.5875 / 100 = $91.15875 discount
So discount price before taxes is
$911.5875-$91.15875 = $820.42875
and discount price with taxes is
8.75 x 820.42875 / 100 = $71.787515625
71.787515625 + 820.42875 = $892.216265625

So
$892.22 is different than $972.00
(not a ten percent discount)
but there are extras.

Anyway, I'll get on the phone to chat with the guy
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-25-2006, 10:20 AM
Hillbillly Hillbillly is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Anaheim
Posts: 85
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalguns
I've spend a few hours comparing. This is a pretty good deal.
But still, the math, the MATH!!!
If 999 is out the door price (tax included),
then you don't calculate tax twice!!!
If the listed price is $999, then
8.75 x 999.00 / 100 = $87.4125 worth of taxes
So list price before tax is
999 - 87.4125 = $911.5875
A ten percent discount is
10 x 911.5875 / 100 = $91.15875 discount
So discount price before taxes is
$911.5875-$91.15875 = $820.42875
and discount price with taxes is
8.75 x 820.42875 / 100 = $71.787515625
71.787515625 + 820.42875 = $892.216265625

So
$892.22 is different than $972.00
(not a ten percent discount)
but there are extras.

Anyway, I'll get on the phone to chat with the guy
It is $972 OTD not $999 OTD then 10% off
the 10% off is included in the OTD price of $972.00

Am I missing something here?
If the discount is 10% on the price of the Safe or 10% of $999.00
And if you have to pay 8% in taxes to our great state of Kalifornia then it is about 2% off the sale price that they have on their website.
$999.00 - 20.00 = $979.00 OTD , But Like I said the Price is what it is becasue that is what we agreed to.
So it is in this case $972.00 ...

Hopefully when you are comparing you are looking at final cost with everything including shipping.

Example is Lucky's post above Cannon Patriot p22 series $759.99 GOOD DEAL USUALLY $799.00(32"x59"x22")
If $760 is not the OTD price then he would be paying $760 + $100 for delivery = $860 plus Taxes = about $69 for total of $920 OTD usually $972 OTD
But how does the Cannon p22 stack up?

Cannon
1200 Degrees/40 Minutes
12 Gauge construction
Extras ???

Patriot
1880 Degrees/ 60 minutes
10 Gauge Construction
Inside Lock Box - Brinks
Enhanced Lock w Vibration Alarm
Large Locking Bolts
Also Great Warranty !!!


But again I am sure the guys at Patriot Safes can explain better then I.
http://www.patriotsafe.com/fire-security.html

Oh by the way their number is - Toll Free 1-877-743-5372

Last edited by Hillbillly; 02-25-2006 at 10:30 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-26-2006, 9:13 PM
Omega13device's Avatar
Omega13device Omega13device is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,957
iTrader: 40 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitol
I'm not sure I like the outside hinges on those safes
Why not? The locking bolts are what keep the door secured. The hinges have no role in this, they are only responsible for swinging the door in and out. Don't fall for the marketing hype that you have to have concealed hinges. Let the burgler go ahead and waste a bunch of time cutting off your outside hinges. I would rather have him doing that than going after the lock.

Last edited by Omega13device; 02-26-2006 at 11:02 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-26-2006, 10:20 PM
socalguns socalguns is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Santa Clara County
Posts: 1,709
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Geez man, the price is listed as
$999.00 Shipped Price
Shipped is the same as out the door, meaning tax included.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 02-27-2006, 7:29 PM
TonyM's Avatar
TonyM TonyM is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 3,059
iTrader: 85 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega13device
Why not? The locking bolts are what keep the door secured. The hinges have no role in this, they are only responsible for swinging the door in and out. Don't fall for the marketing hype that you have to have concealed hinges. Let the burgler go ahead and waste a bunch of time cutting off your outside hinges. I would rather have him doing that than going after the lock.
Yep.

My Browning has exposed hinges, and I'm glad about that. Why? Well, with internal hinges the door only opens 90 degrees, and makes getting into the safe hard. With exposed hinges, the door can swing 180 degrees and be fully out of the way when needed.

Not sure about these safes, I didn't look, but my Browning has active bolts on all 4 sides of the door, when it's locked, go ahead and cut the hinges off, all it's gonna do is make it a pain for me to open it later, but you're not getting in.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 02-27-2006, 9:17 PM
Hillbillly Hillbillly is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Anaheim
Posts: 85
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalguns
Geez man, the price is listed as
$999.00 Shipped Price
Shipped is the same as out the door, meaning tax included.
Hi Socal

I can see where you are mis-interpeting this.
They have it as $999.00 shipped on their site. http://www.patriotsafe.com/price-list.html

However if you look at the bottom you would see that this price does not include Tax as many people buy from them who reside outside of Cali.
And those people do not need to pay California tax but should report it as sales tax to their state providing they dont live in a non tax state like Nevada, but sales inside California they need to collect tax for our great state.
Patriot safes tax.JPG
This is a requirement of all vendors in any state to collect tax if items/services are sold with in the state they are licensed and it is a sales tax state.

So if you lived outside of California you would pay $999 shipped, but in California you would pay $999.00 plus tax = about $1072

So let me know how it is going with your comparisons, did you talk to the guys at Patriot?
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 02-28-2006, 4:59 PM
Eastbayguy Eastbayguy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: East bay (SF Bay area)
Posts: 729
iTrader: 24 / 100%
Default

I would like to join!
Is it still on?

Costco delivered a Liberty safe yesterday, but it would not open
(by the way it's made in China). So, I sent it back.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 02-28-2006, 5:26 PM
rips31's Avatar
rips31 rips31 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: sf, prk
Posts: 984
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

i'd be interested.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 02-28-2006, 9:50 PM
Hillbillly Hillbillly is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Anaheim
Posts: 85
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastbayguy
I would like to join!
Is it still on?

Costco delivered a Liberty safe yesterday, but it would not open
(by the way it's made in China). So, I sent it back.

The offer is still good, we have a couple guys that are almost confirmed need a few more!!!
If you are interested just call Patriot Safes and give them the code "Cal Gun Safes".
Also let me know so I can keep track of the confirmed buyers.

Oh, Sorry to hear about the Liberty Safe, I have been down to patriot to look at the safes up close and they are great quality. I have said in another post that I have already committed to buying a protector series even if we dont get better pricing thats offered with 5 or more safes

Regards,
Mike
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 03-01-2006, 12:18 AM
Eastbayguy Eastbayguy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: East bay (SF Bay area)
Posts: 729
iTrader: 24 / 100%
Default

I'm interested in the PROTECTOR as well.

They are selling it on EBAY for 1199$
http://cgi.ebay.com/Largest-Gun-Safe...QQcmdZViewItem

Huntington Beach, California

Fire - 1 hour fire 1880 degrees
Body -10 Gauge Steel & "Pyro-Block"
Lock - Digital Lock x-2400
Handle - 5-Prong Bankers wheel

Door - 2'' (Total thickness 5") FREE UPGRADE
Bolts - 11/2'' 10 count Top, Bottom, Left and Right FREE UPGRADE
Interior - Adjustable - All guns, 1/2 Guns and 1/2 shelves FREE UPGRADE
Paint - Black Gloss FREE UPGRADE
Pin stripe & Logo - Chrome & Silver FREE UPGRADE

FREE SHIPPING $125 "Curb Service"

So, the difference is

Group buy: $1162.00 +
Free Additional Fire Lock Box made by Brinks - $50.00 Value

Ebay: 1199$ + CA tax = 1295$

So, we are commiting to buy at 1295$ and will save 137$ (plus the fire lock box) if there are at least 5 people?!


I could not find a lot of information about this company.
Do you mind sharing it with us?

Last edited by Eastbayguy; 03-01-2006 at 12:47 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 03-01-2006, 12:46 AM
EBWhite's Avatar
EBWhite EBWhite is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2,301
iTrader: 25 / 100%
Default

those prices seem good!
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 03-01-2006, 6:04 PM
bonjing's Avatar
bonjing bonjing is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 973
iTrader: 16 / 100%
Default

is this still on? and what is the time frame on this, (would like to do this after taxes I owe )
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 03-01-2006, 11:03 PM
Hillbillly Hillbillly is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Anaheim
Posts: 85
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default Here is the simple deal that is a great value

Hello all

Patriot has some amazing safes (great material and incredible fire protection 1880 degrees for 1 hour!) I asked them if they had an interest in providing safes for a group buy and if they could give us a great deal.

They have agreed that if we can get 5-10 members in a group buy they would do the following for their 3 top selling safes.(“Closet”, “Protector”, “Collector”)
Infomation can be found on their website http://www.patriotsafe.com/products.html

You need to contact them directly and tell them your from the group buy by giving them this code “Cal Gun Safes”

When we get 5-10 orders with them they will give us;
Free digital lock (x-2400) = $299 Value – Also uses coded keys to override if needed
Free Additional Fire Lock Box made by Brinks - $50.00 Value

And the “out the door prices with the additions above” are;
“Closet” (up to 20 guns) = $972.00 TOTAL OTD!!!!!!“Protector” (up to 24 guns) = $1162.00 TOTAL OTD!!!!!!“Collector” (up to 28 guns) = $1550.00 TOTAL OTD!!!!!!
These prices above are the final price you will pay no more no less

OK So who will be the 4 other guys that can join me on this deal??

Regards,
Mike[/QUOTE]
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 03-03-2006, 2:20 PM
Eastbayguy Eastbayguy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: East bay (SF Bay area)
Posts: 729
iTrader: 24 / 100%
Default

I've just ordered the protector,
Mike is a really nice guy to talk with, so 1162$ OTD, 200$ deposit + 4 weeks.
My new gun obsession, HERE I COME!
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 03-03-2006, 7:20 PM
Hillbillly Hillbillly is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Anaheim
Posts: 85
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Thumbs up Ok has anyone else ordered yet?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastbayguy
I've just ordered the protector,
Mike is a really nice guy to talk with, so 1162$ OTD, 200$ deposit + 4 weeks.
My new gun obsession, HERE I COME!

Looks like we have only us 2 committed with 2 more on the fence.

I spoke with Patriot today and some of you may have had problems reaching them as they are at the Long Beach outdoor show this weekend.
They are considering going to the Costa Mesa Gun show later this month.
The last gun show they did, the competition hated it and some of them didnt even show back up on Sunday. lol

Regards,
Mike M (not to be confused with Mike Proctor of Patriot Safes)
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 03-04-2006, 9:05 PM
Eastbayguy Eastbayguy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: East bay (SF Bay area)
Posts: 729
iTrader: 24 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillbillly
Looks like we have only us 2 committed with 2 more on the fence.

Regards,
Mike M (not to be confused with Mike Proctor of Patriot Safes)
I've been working for comparison shopping sites for 5 years ( www.epinions.com,www.dealtime.com, www.shopping.com), so I can put it in numbers easily!

|Calguns Group buy | Costco.com
|www.patrioitsafe.com |
| PROTECTOR | Sentry@23.6 CuFt
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Price | 1162$ | 1186$
Dimensions | 59"x30"x24 | 59"x28.31"x24.38"
Weight | 775 pounds | 552 pounds
Fire protection | 1850 for 1 hour | 1400 for 30 min
Bolts | 5 steel-live+ 1 top | 5 steel-live
| + 1 bottom |
| 3 dead | 3 dead
Hinges | External | External
Body | 10 gauge | 12 gauge
Door | 2" door (5'' overall) | 1.5" with 3 mm plate
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 03-07-2006, 10:12 AM
madkiwi madkiwi is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missoula, MT
Posts: 83
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastbayguy
I would like to join!
Is it still on?

Costco delivered a Liberty safe yesterday, but it would not open
(by the way it's made in China). So, I sent it back.
Was that one of the Liberty Centurian 17s they had on sale until yesterday?
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 03-07-2006, 11:50 AM
Eastbayguy Eastbayguy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: East bay (SF Bay area)
Posts: 729
iTrader: 24 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by madkiwi
Was that one of the Liberty Centurian 17s they had on sale until yesterday?
yes, it was. So, apparently Liberty is quietly outsourcing some of their production.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 03-09-2006, 11:19 AM
Schottded Schottded is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 26
iTrader: -1 / 0%
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillbillly
Hey Schotted

Will sounds like you got a great deal too.
How long ago was that?
And was it $600 Out the door including delivery and the other goodies I listed above?
Also, most safes I looked at that are fire rate in this price range had a fire rating of only 1200 degrees for 30 minutes.

Good luck on the build I am still waitting on my lowers.
It was many years ago..maybe 13 or14? The wife got it for me for an anniversary present. I know she paid under $700 out the door. Blue Star Arms is the make. Not sure of the fire rating, but it's got the sheet rock inside. Picked it up myself in my pick-em-up truck. One note,(I can laugh about it now), as we were trying to get it in the door of the house, her pushing, me pulling with it on a refrigerator dolly, it hit the threshold of the doorway. The wheels stopped, the safe didn't. The last thing I remember was trying to turn and run...not quick enough. Result? Broken ankle. The dolly just clipped that bone that sticks out of the side of your ankle. OUCH! Anyway, I didn't know whether to laugh or cry, it hurt so much. A trip to the emergency room and then crutches. No fun, so if you can swing a delivery, go for it.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 5:50 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2016, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.