Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 04-15-2010, 8:39 PM
Calguns Addict

Default Larry Naritelli for governor?

When I was at the Capitol today for the Tea Party, I asked quite a few people who they thought was the best candidate for governor. It took me by surprise that most all mentioned someone I wasn't even aware of - Larry Naritelli.

So I decided to do a little research. I found his webpage:

http://www.larrynaritelli.com/default.html

But before I begin to read what he stands for, I thought I'd throw this post up. Perhaps those of you in the know can also fill me in. Because sometimes the candidates own website doesn't tell the whole story.
Old 04-16-2010, 6:02 AM
Veteran Member

I saw him at the Oceanside TEA Party event last night. He sounds good. He's certainly a better choice than the RINOs he's running against.

The Raisuli

WTB: 9mm cylinder for Taurus Mod. 85
WTS: Model 94 AE 30-30
Old 04-16-2010, 6:05 AM

Who?
Old 04-16-2010, 6:28 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh00tFurst View Post
Who?
I thought it said Valerie Bertinelli.

I need coffee!

Nuff Said....!
Old 04-16-2010, 6:44 PM

Default Naritelli for Governor

Hi Everyone,

I would like to introduce myself and hopefully assist you with your question.

I am Larry Naritelli's San Diego Campaign Manager. I am a mom, avid gun rights advocate, and volunteer for Larry Naritelli. I am not paid. I believe in this man. It took a lot for me to jump on board with his campaign as I was very disenfranchised with Politics. I was ready to get on a piece of property, get my provisions in place and wait for the government to come for my guns. Then I met Larry Naritelli, Chuck Devore, and Nick Popaditch (running against Bob Filner). They gave me hope that there were those ready to stand up and fight for "We The People".

Larry is that person. He is honest and speaks the truth. I have heard him hold his ground with people even when it has been unpopular and explain why he views it the way he does. I hope this helps you. I certainly hope we can win your votes and support. It is time we all Stand up and be counted in this State and this Country.

Thank you all,
Old 04-16-2010, 6:46 PM

^Welcome.

I'll definitely look him up.
Old 04-16-2010, 6:49 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulay El Raisuli View Post
I saw him at the Oceanside TEA Party event last night. He sounds good. He's certainly a better choice than the RINOs he's running against.

The Raisuli
But then again so are my cat's and dog.

“In a state where corruption abounds, laws must be very numerous.”
Publius Cornelius Scipio

Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietam servitutem
"I prefer liberty with danger to peace with slavery"
Count Palatine of Posen
Old 04-16-2010, 8:12 PM

We spent a few minuets at his booth at the Capitol. He wasn't there personally, but the person manning the booth spent time explaining Mr. Naritelli's views. He sounds like the type of guy we need in CA. Very pro 2A. Problem is he doesn't have the money to compete with the likes of Whitman the Gun Grabber.
Old 04-16-2010, 8:38 PM

Sure, a guy no one has ever heard of is going to be the next Gov of California. Not. Why waste your vote?

If you're gonna be a bear, be a Grizzly.
Old 04-16-2010, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dara Baiey View Post
Hi Everyone,

I would like to introduce myself and hopefully assist you with your question.

I am Larry Naritelli's San Diego Campaign Manager. I am a mom, avid gun rights advocate, and volunteer for Larry Naritelli. I am not paid. I believe in this man. It took a lot for me to jump on board with his campaign as I was very disenfranchised with Politics. I was ready to get on a piece of property, get my provisions in place and wait for the government to come for my guns. Then I met Larry Naritelli, Chuck Devore, and Nick Popaditch (running against Bob Filner). They gave me hope that there were those ready to stand up and fight for "We The People".

Larry is that person. He is honest and speaks the truth. I have heard him hold his ground with people even when it has been unpopular and explain why he views it the way he does. I hope this helps you. I certainly hope we can win your votes and support. It is time we all Stand up and be counted in this State and this Country.

Thank you all,
Since he lives in SOCal does that mean he believes he's entitled to the water in the Sac Delta?
Old 04-17-2010, 11:42 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSO4MATT View Post
Since he lives in SOCal does that mean he believes he's entitled to the water in the Sac Delta?
It's inevitable that SoCal will get more delta water. They have a growing population and you can't cut them off and tell them to go away and die.

NorCal has the water and SoCal has the population. It's just an ugly fact.
Old 04-17-2010, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k1dude View Post
It's inevitable that SoCal will get more delta water. They have a growing population and you can't cut them off and tell them to go away and die.

NorCal has the water and SoCal has the population. It's just an ugly fact.
Actually, we can tell them that. I've always been in favor of getting rid of crappy Southern California

A nice split right in the middle of the state and cut off SoCal from our water. Just like that, our water burden, illegal alien, and budgetary problems are mostly gone
Old 04-17-2010, 1:27 PM
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Nice to hear from you Dara.....I like Naritelli too! No doubt he is the best 2nd amendment candidate so far. But as has been said in these threads, he doesn't have the money these millionaires have. To bad that is the case. It kind of defeats what the Founders had in mind for this country. I have also heard in these threads that if one is voting 2nd amendment don't count Brown out. That soon, something? will come out from him in that regard. I will be interested in hearing what he has to say.

But.....when if gets down to the voting wire, and I can't find any of the "popular" candidates that impress me I will vote Naritelli. In other words If I feel I am throwing my vote away anyway, I'll give it to him.

NRA Benefactor-Life Member
CRPA Life Member
SAF Life Member
CGF Supporter and County Sponsor
Old 04-17-2010, 3:17 PM
Calguns Addict

The reason I brought up Naritelli is the Tea Party. We're all sick and tired of politics as usual. We're sick of special interests and the corrupting money that buys elected offices. Poizner and Brown seem like politics as usual. Whitman seems like money buying an office. That's where Naritelli comes into the picture. He doesn't have the money or the connections that the others have. But isn't that what we've been screaming for? He's the closest thing in the race to a true citizen politician with no corrupting influences. Yet, the first chance we get were going to burn our vote on the same ol' same ol'?

Put your money where your mouth is. Contribute and vote for Naritelli. The more research I do the more I like him.

Don't vote the same old garbage into office and expect something different this time. Isn't that the definition of insanity? Maybe if all of us voted for him our vote wouldn't be "wasted".
Old 04-17-2010, 3:25 PM

Yup, not voting for the lesser of two evils this time coming around.

I have committed to voting for the person who shares my values the most even if they have a snowball chance in hell. I'm sick of both sides. I want real change.
Old 04-17-2010, 3:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazman View Post
Sure, a guy no one has ever heard of is going to be the next Gov of California. Not. Why waste your vote?
This is why the rich no goods always win. We never vote for the good people only those ****ers who "can win."
Old 04-17-2010, 4:06 PM

I don't think that anyone running can DEFEAT Meg Whitman's money. What a b***h eh?!

I'm MUCH MORE Conservative NOW!

Expect the Best, but prepare for the Worst.
Old 04-17-2010, 4:13 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodsman View Post
I thought it said Valerie Bertinelli.

I need coffee!
Now that is how rumor's get started, lol
Old 04-17-2010, 4:17 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Pssssssttttt! A guy we never heard of is now the President of the United States.
Old 04-17-2010, 7:14 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnthomas View Post
Pssssssttttt! A guy we never heard of is now the President of the United States.
LOL!!! Touche!
Old 04-17-2010, 8:18 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Tom McClintock endorses Poisner. That makes it easy for me.

I liked Poisner even more when all Meg had was attack ads from idiot enviro groups.
"A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself...A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague."......Cicero
Old 04-17-2010, 9:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhukov View Post
Actually, we can tell them that. I've always been in favor of getting rid of crappy Southern California

A nice split right in the middle of the state and cut off SoCal from our water. Just like that, our water burden, illegal alien, and budgetary problems are mostly gone
I guess I'd move north then, oh but wait you still have that pesky population in San Fran that will still manipulate and game the same ol' system. All of California is pretty screwed regardless of where the dividing cut is... unless we cut it the long way, west california and east california... 25 miles from the shore can be the border. That way SF, LA and every other gun grabbing city can stay together

Old 04-17-2010, 9:40 PM

Quote:
It's not a wasted vote if it isn't going towards someone we don't want. Besides, if we can help spread the word to everyone (even outside the gun-owning community) then this guy might be able to win.
Old 04-18-2010, 6:00 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksandr Mravinsky View Post
It's not a wasted vote if it isn't going towards someone we don't want. Besides, if we can help spread the word to everyone (even outside the gun-owning community) then this guy might be able to win.
Yes, it's a wasted vote. Any vote that is not for a viable candidate, is a vote that is not counted against the opponant.

If enough votes go to "the greatest unknown guy ever that is best for us all", those votes do not go to an actual contender that should have easily won. Every Ron Paul vote was a vote that McCain did not have.
"A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself...A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague."......Cicero
Old 04-18-2010, 6:33 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Army View Post
Every Ron Paul vote was a vote that McCain did not have.
On the contrary, every vote Ron Paul got was a vote that McCain could not have hoped to get.

As for the comment that Obama was an unknown and won the White House- What you are forgetting is that every modern election, the people are given a choice between two brands of the same crap... this is engineered by the powers that be to ensure the Presidency will always be under their control and their puppet will always be at the helm, regardless of whether an "R" or a "D" appears next to their name.

What we need is a part-time government run by citizen legislators, who recognize that government is not a 'business' or a position of 'gainful' employment.

Sometimes the law defends plunder and participates in it. Sometimes the law places the whole apparatus of judges, police, prisons and gendarmes at the service of the plunderers, and treats the victim -- when he defends himself -- as a criminal. Bastiat

“Everything the State says is a lie, and everything it has it has stolen.” Friedrich Nietzsche
Old 04-18-2010, 6:38 AM

We (The 2nd Amendment Crowd) are a house divided.

If we cant even get together to agree on a candidate, it really makes things look bleak for California and our country.

I realize that having varied voices is what Liberty is about but it seems like such a shame that we cant even come to a consensus around our passion.

The only true consensus on here is we don't want Whitman. It seems our divide almost guarantees her a win.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
― Samuel Adams