Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Official Events
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

CGSSA Official Events Booths, Gun Show Events and other Official occasions. (Limited Posting)

Old 04-25-2010, 2:14 PM

i will be there on the 16th............I will stop by............
Old 04-25-2010, 2:20 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Wow Craig you are the MAN!

Postings are my own, and are not formal positions of any other entity, or legal advice.
Old 04-25-2010, 8:48 PM

Craig laid down his fastest times ever at infineon today! He reallly bumped it up! Proud to support a fellow cger!
Old 04-25-2010, 9:08 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30rdMag View Post
let me know in the morning if you have any questions.. I'll be there at 630.. I went by after work but you guys had bailed..

What tires did you have on their before... I forgot when I took them off....
We had the 209 GPa's early last week and they were... Well not as good as the 211 GPa we tested monday afternoon...

In the one race today (600 Superbike) I think you watched that one...? I started 44th and got up to 18th and they red flagged it... Then on the restart we went from 45th to 16th... (not where we wanted but not terrible) And as far as times we dropped 3 seconda off and went fast as we ever had before there, but not fast enough)

In the 2nd race (Formula 1) we started I think 35th and got up to 6th and with about 1 more turn or two could have got 5th for sure as I had gone faster that 5th for the previous 3 laps of 7.

In the 3rd race (600 Production) we started 45th and got through pretty good... All the way up to 8th place at the flag... So the time wise we dropped a total of 5 seconds this weekend...

Not bad for being off ANY bike for 10 months... But I want to go about at least 1 second faster for the national...

Thanks for the kind words and help James... Btw 30rdmag super nice to meet you as well.

DefenseIndustries.US
Auburn, CA
Old 04-25-2010, 10:26 PM

Awwww shucks..... Craig u really ripped it this weekend! I've known you for a while and this is the first time I've seen you on a bike, I'm very very very inpressed! Happy to be helping a cger in the pits. Count on my continued support, Iove ya bro!
Old 04-25-2010, 11:41 PM
C3 Leader
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Good Job on the race practice and thanks for the call Craig!
Old 04-26-2010, 12:32 AM

I got some pics to put up in the morning...

Nice hanging out with everyone... And I think you'll get faster and faster each time you get on the bike....
Plus in the ama. you will get some more track time and get you chase some pros around which will also help bring those times down even more. Sears is not an easy track.... so your times dropping each time going out is well a very good indication of how well you are doing... Dont be so hard on yourself..... 3/4 of the guys you raced cant even figure out half what you were able to do in 3 days.
Old 04-26-2010, 4:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seesm View Post
Let me know who wants to go and I will get you on the list of guys who are coming with me and we can maybe pit together... Team CalGuns / GunPal...
Seesm, Im glad to see you went. I cant think of a better person to rep. Calguns. Im sure you tore it up out there! Your a great guy and I hope to see you on the speed network!

"Knowledge is a sheild against the unexpected and a solution to the unknown"

Last edited by center_x; 04-26-2010 at 4:56 PM..
Old 04-26-2010, 5:01 PM
Calguns Addict

Thanks James, Andrew, 30 rd mag and Center X... Btw James picked up the whole mechanic deal like a duck to water... I did not check on bolt afetr he worked on the bike and NOTHING feel off...

DefenseIndustries.US
Auburn, CA
Old 04-26-2010, 5:33 PM

Quote:
Thanks James, Andrew, 30 rd mag and Center X... Btw James picked up the whole mechanic deal like a duck to water... I did not check on bolt afetr he worked on the bike and NOTHING feel off...
I taught james everything he knows

"Knowledge is a sheild against the unexpected and a solution to the unknown"
Old 04-26-2010, 6:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by center_x View Post
I taught james everything he knows
Too bad you haven't taught me how to shoot...lol

Let's keep this thread alive people! Don't miss out on a great chance to spread the word and share our community.

Anyone who can help in anyway is going to be a hero! Let's stand behind our beliefs and our brother Craig!
Old 04-26-2010, 7:46 PM
Just me, baby. Just me.
CGN Contributor

Hmmm...well crap. I'm going to have to see if I can make it over there for Saturday. Sounds like a good time.
Old 04-26-2010, 9:24 PM

Old 04-26-2010, 9:25 PM

here are a few pics... I need to clean the sesnor on my cam... its got some dirt on it...
Old 04-26-2010, 10:19 PM
Calguns Addict

Cool pics 30rdmag... thanks for loading them up... As the AMA weekend nears I will be a bit more "petite" and have better style... I rode ok last weekend but felt not comfy yet so a day more of riding I shodl be good to go!!!

DefenseIndustries.US
Auburn, CA
Old 04-26-2010, 11:05 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Mmm bike is looking good. Would you say like a blank slate?

Best!
-Ben

Postings are my own, and are not formal positions of any other entity, or legal advice.
Old 04-27-2010, 12:09 AM
C3 Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by artherd View Post
Mmm bike is looking good. Would you say like a blank slate?

Best!
-Ben
A little birdy told me that might be exactly what it is!
Those colors
Hmmmmm, I know I have seen them somewhere!
Old 04-27-2010, 1:25 PM

Nice paint job Craig. Who did the work?
Old 04-27-2010, 5:51 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolution247 View Post
Nice paint job Craig. Who did the work?
Come on do not make fun... Looks great at 50 feet and 50 mph or better... The bikes will be vinyl wrapped for the race and that crappy paint job will be long gone... The guy who originally did my yellow stuff did a nice ok job... Then he did another two sets and messed them both up... But he said his buddy cleared them wrong or something... So 2 for 2 right... Now he is 4 bad and 2 good and the sticker guy tells me HE actually cleared them. I do not want to thrash the guy and he is no Cgers or anything but he SUCKS are painting and he thinks he is a painter... BAD. Btw where you at the AFM race this past weekend?

DefenseIndustries.US
Auburn, CA
Old 04-28-2010, 3:40 PM

Quote:
Come on do not make fun... Looks great at 50 feet and 50 mph or better... The bikes will be vinyl wrapped for the race and that crappy paint job will be long gone... The guy who originally did my yellow stuff did a nice ok job... Then he did another two sets and messed them both up... But he said his buddy cleared them wrong or something... So 2 for 2 right... Now he is 4 bad and 2 good and the sticker guy tells me HE actually cleared them. I do not want to thrash the guy and he is no Cgers or anything but he SUCKS are painting and he thinks he is a painter... BAD. Btw where you at the AFM race this past weekend?
Damn that sucks. No, I was busy moving (just bought a house). I'm trying to get my ***** together for the next round though. Someone has go out there and make you look fast.
Old 04-29-2010, 8:48 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolution247 View Post
Damn that sucks. No, I was busy moving (just bought a house). I'm trying to get my "poop" together for the next round though. Someone has go out there and make you look fast.
fixed it for you... Come out lets have fun... If I can get some little bits together I will do rd 3 I can top 5 I think all the classes if I start up closer to the front... Coming from past 40th with only 6-7 laps is silly and not so easy... Let's do it. Congrats on the home man!!

DefenseIndustries.US
Auburn, CA
Old 04-29-2010, 11:35 AM

This is awesome! Waht a great venue to get some recognition for calguns! Good luck SEESM.
Old 04-29-2010, 1:00 PM

Seesm, we gotta do thill on the fifth. Seat time is crucial!
Old 04-29-2010, 2:04 PM
Calguns Addict

5th or 10th? I forget yes Seat time is important... I want more prior to AMA.

DefenseIndustries.US
Auburn, CA
Old 04-30-2010, 10:39 AM

fifth.. its this wed. im trying to pull it together myself... open day! woot. Ill be up prior to race week to get the bike squared away and load up the trailer.. no more going to bed at 130 on the morning of race day..
Old 04-30-2010, 3:00 PM

I'll go to the AMA race.... But only if you guys promise to back it in at the kink after the bus stop section.

I'll definetly have my DSLR on hand to shoot some pics. Good luck out there. Any of you guys racing SBK category?
Old 04-30-2010, 10:20 PM
Calguns Addict

Daytona Sport bike but are you talking about turn 11 or 7 cuz. I have heard them both called that.. I can back it I'm for play but its faster keeping ot hooked up, and really like to slide the bike around as a sometime supermoto racer. Anyway both 7&11 are fun to slide into.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcbr1000rr View Post
I'll go to the AMA race.... But only if you guys promise to back it in at the kink after the bus stop section.

I'll definetly have my DSLR on hand to shoot some pics. Good luck out there. Any of you guys racing SBK category?

DefenseIndustries.US
Auburn, CA
Old 05-01-2010, 10:40 AM

HEY have fun and GO GET 'EM at the National!

Very cool. Good to see this program comin' together for you.

Race paint: He is probably too far away for you guys up there, but Chad Jensen down in Escondido (North San Diego county) does the Graves Yamahas, used to do al the Attack stuff, and I dunno who all else. Calls it MC Pro Paint iirc. here is the link http://www.mcprodesign.com/

He's painted bikes for Toye, Beck, Lowry, Stern, and a bunch of other National and WSMC racers bikes. These were mine in early '05:

Can't make it up there from SD, but we'll be cheering for you! Have FUN!!

For those who are thinking about going...DO IT! Sears is an awesome track to spectate at, many great sections of track can be observed from the neat terraced areas surronding the race course, and they have a huge grandstand by the start/finish as well.
Old 05-01-2010, 3:28 PM
Calguns Addict

Are you kenny kopecky? If so I read a lot about you before I ever tried a road race bike. You still racing at all?

DefenseIndustries.US
Auburn, CA
Old 05-01-2010, 5:41 PM

I am he. '05 was the last year I raced a full season and we had a ton of fun. '06 and '07 were like half the year, and '08 and '09 I only went up to Willow one weekend with the 999 each year. Probably will only go once or twice this year too - still have the ol' Duc and she's ready to roll.

Kinda have been spending our few disposable $$ on flying airplanes, and am currently kind of coming back into shooting sports thus I am here now too. Yay!

I am old now, so the flying and shooting is a lot easier then trying to keep up with kids on the racetrack.
Old 05-01-2010, 11:35 PM
Calguns Addict

I know when I started to think this is what I want to do... (Never had ridden a RR bike yet but had a few years in AMA MX and SM) I had looked at results and you killed it more often than not.
YOu have a impressive resume KK... Glad too find you on here. I have only been to Willow (1 time so far) Which in fact was the first RR I ever did... That place is scary... Haha!

Hope to get to meet you FTF someday...

DefenseIndustries.US
Auburn, CA
Old 05-02-2010, 10:47 AM

Cool, thanks Craig! Ya that'd be fun to meet sometime.

I love mx! I was an intermediate once upon a time in CMC and raced Saddleback a ton for a couple years (tells you how old I am eh? ) and then tried roadracing. Loved it too.

Still have a fun '05 RM250 and a old KTM520SX. Had a SMR-510 and ran it at Streets of Willow and did well there but ended up sellin' it. Ah well. Too many bikes and not enough time haha.

I always felt dirt bike guys made excellent roadracers! Glad to see another one like you out there tearin' 'em up!
Old 05-03-2010, 6:00 PM
Calguns Addict

I always thought that too (Mxers make great road racers) I am pretty new to road racing and hope to go further than I have in other forms of 2 wheel fun... I am super pumped and proud to be running the CalGuns.net / GunPal.com colors...

DefenseIndustries.US
Auburn, CA
Old 05-04-2010, 10:53 AM

woot! The countdown begins!
Old 05-04-2010, 2:54 PM

Lightbulb that bike needs some vinyl, yo??!?!?

Quote:
I always thought that too (Mxers make great road racers) I am pretty new to road racing and hope to go further than I have in other forms of 2 wheel fun... I am super pumped and proud to be running the CalGuns.net / GunPal.com colors...
agreed on mx help making the leap to roadracing
the dirtbiking helps a lot

gotta get some vinyl for the sides & bellypan
look forward to watching you shred @ sears craig

race/ride support 2013 & beyond

"....can't stop stupid sir, i can only slow it down"

)))NRA Member For Life(((

Last edited by dodge; 05-04-2010 at 2:59 PM..
Old 05-04-2010, 6:24 PM
Calguns Addict

Vinyl SHOULD (everyday it gets bumped) be done tomorrow and the bodywork is getting re-painted and should be done by sunday or monday...

DefenseIndustries.US
Auburn, CA
Old 05-04-2010, 10:41 PM
C3 Leader

So I kept thinking, I have something the weekend of this race, but checked my calendar, and still could not figure it out......until just now, I am going to be Coordinating the Ontario Gun show!!!!!
Next year?
Old 05-05-2010, 8:34 PM
Calguns Addict

GOT the stuff from the sticker guy.... The bike is going to look SICK!!!

DefenseIndustries.US
Auburn, CA
Old 05-07-2010, 9:44 AM

please try & get some captures of the bike once it's complete w/paint & graphics; before you get it dirty
& leathers too if you already got them from kelsey
wanna see how sweet the argh six is looking nowadays

race/ride support 2013 & beyond

"....can't stop stupid sir, i can only slow it down"

)))NRA Member For Life(((
Old 05-07-2010, 4:56 PM

pron please! Get some good pix to post craig.. we should have 30rdmag shoot u and the bike before the race... leathers and all..