Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > California handguns
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California handguns Discuss your favorite California handgun technical and related questions here.

Old 03-31-2010, 11:30 AM

Default Where to buy Glock 21 Gen 3 (RTF2) for cheap?

Looking to get a Glock 21 Gen 3 (RTF2). Anyone know of a good place to buy from? I don't mind purchasing online and saving on tax. =) Thanks.
Old 03-31-2010, 11:40 AM
short bus driver

They are not on the approved list, so unless you have an exemption (LEO, intra-familial gift, PPT), a CA FFL dealer can not transfer the Glock 21SF RTF2 to you.

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun. - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).
Old 03-31-2010, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riight112 View Post
Looking to get a Glock 21 Gen 3 (RTF2). Anyone know of a good place to buy from? I don't mind purchasing online and saving on tax. =) Thanks.
You currently cannot buy an RTF Glock 21 (whether from a local gun shop or on-line purchase) because it is not on the California DOJ "safe" handgun list (all the glocks are listed here: [URL="http://certguns.doj.ca.gov/safeguns_resp.asp"])http://certguns.doj.ca.gov/safeguns_resp.asp/URL]. The 21, the 21OD and the 21SF (Short Frame) are on the list - but not the RTF version. You'll have to ask the CA legislature how a different grip texture makes the RTF less safe than the other 21's. Unless Glock takes the steps to add this gun to the safe list, the only way you can purchase the 21RTF is via a face-to-face purchase from a private party.
Old 03-31-2010, 11:50 AM

It really makes no sense that all the RTFs were not grandfathered in since it was all cosmetic changes. I just looked at the list and noticed the G19 RTF2 isn't listed. O well I guess I already decided on the G34 for my next gun anyways.
Old 03-31-2010, 11:55 AM
short bus driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubels View Post
It really makes no sense that all the RTFs were not grandfathered in since it was all cosmetic changes. I just looked at the list and noticed the G19 RTF2 isn't listed. O well I guess I already decided on the G34 for my next gun anyways.
No such thing as "grandfathered in", in regards to the approved list.

The Glock 17RTF2 and Glock 22RTF2 were placed on the approved list because Glock used an exemption [PC 12131.5] to get them lsited.
Glock can get the Glock 19RTF2, Glock 23RTF2 and Glock 21SF RTF2 on the approved list via the same exemption, but they have not done so yet. So, contact Glock and urge them to do so.

Penal Code 12131.5
(a) A firearm shall be deemed to satisfy the requirements of subdivision (a) of Section 12131 if another firearm made by the same manufacturer is already listed and the unlisted firearm differs from the listed firearm only in one or more of the following features:
(1) Finish, including, but not limited to, bluing, chrome-plating, oiling, or engraving.
(2) The material from which the grips are made.
(3) The shape or texture of the grips, so long as the difference in grip shape or texture does not in any way alter the dimensions, material, linkage, or functioning of the magazine well, the barrel, the chamber, or any of the components of the firing mechanism of the firearm.
(4) Any other purely cosmetic feature that does not in any way alter the dimensions, material, linkage, or functioning of the magazine well, the barrel, the chamber, or any of the components of the firing mechanism of the firearm.
(b) Any manufacturer seeking to have a firearm listed under this section shall provide to the Department of Justice all of the following:
(1) The model designation of the listed firearm.
(2) The model designation of each firearm that the manufacturer seeks to have listed under this section.
(3) A statement, under oath, that each unlisted firearm for which listing is sought differs from the listed firearm only in one or more of the ways identified in subdivision (a) and is in all other respects identical to the listed firearm.
(c) The department may, in its discretion and at any time, require a manufacturer to provide to the department any model for which listing is sought under this section, to determine whether the model complies with the requirements of this section.

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun. - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).