Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Firearms Accessories: Holsters, Safes, Lights & more
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Firearms Accessories: Holsters, Safes, Lights & more If it locks up, carries, fits on to or cleans up your firearms, discuss it here.

Old 02-06-2006, 5:45 PM

Default Stack-on / Sentry

I was just reading through some threads in this forum. It seems that a bunch of people think that these stack-on safes will help protect your fireams from an intruder. FWIW they only have the 3 rods on one side and nothing on the top. They can be easily broken into with a large flathead screwdriver. There is actually a site where a student was away for xmas and came back to his busted safe and a screwdriver sitting next to it. These safes are good for keeping your firearms in one location but if you have $3000 in guns spend more than $300 on a damn safe
Old 02-06-2006, 6:54 PM

If you read closer, you'll notice that stack-on refers to them as "gun cabinets" not gun safes. Sentry does call their safes "safes". I am in the market for their 10 gun safe. Is there something about sentry I should know about that you would put them in the title of your post along with stack on?

Last edited by EvolutionGSR; 02-06-2006 at 6:58 PM..
Old 02-07-2006, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvolutionGSR
If you read closer, you'll notice that stack-on refers to them as "gun cabinets" not gun safes. Sentry does call their safes "safes". I am in the market for their 10 gun safe. Is there something about sentry I should know about that you would put them in the title of your post along with stack on?
Yes, they are the same thing. I don't care what the companies call them. All I see on these boards is people believing that they are excellent for protection against intruders where the complete opposite is actually true
Old 02-07-2006, 2:29 PM

I have a gun cabinet and I know it wont keep a burgler out if they want in bad enough, but it will keep my children out of them, I keep a cheep shotgun in it as well a handgun both loaded, cocked, and locked for quick defense, it also serves as a decoy, all my good stuff is locked up elsewhere.

Last edited by JHC; 02-07-2006 at 2:32 PM..
Old 02-07-2006, 5:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtecteg4u
Yes, they are the same thing. I don't care what the companies call them. All I see on these boards is people believing that they are excellent for protection against intruders where the complete opposite is actually true

Surely there are differences between models that a company would call one line of them cabinets and one line of them safes, as i stand corrected in the other post about stack on cabinets vs their line of safes. I have seen the stack on cabinets, which are thin gauged steel lockboxes of many assorted sizes. I have not seen their safes. Anyone out there have experience with a stack on SAFE, not one of their cabinets?
Old 02-07-2006, 6:53 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHC
I have a gun cabinet and I know it wont keep a burgler out if they want in bad enough, but it will keep my children out of them, I keep a cheep shotgun in it as well a handgun both loaded, cocked, and locked for quick defense, it also serves as a decoy, all my good stuff is locked up elsewhere.
+1 on that, especially the decoy part. As I said in another thread the stack on's etc are "Entry" level safes....and maybe "safe" is still too strong a word.......

Metalhead

~Molôn Labé!!~

1.)All humanity would be better off if Stoooopid hurt.
2.)Why is it that if guns are sooooo unsafe that you're 9 times more likely to die at the hands of your doctor?
3.)Remember...Buy it cheap & stack it deep