Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > California handguns
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California handguns Discuss your favorite California handgun technical and related questions here.

Old 03-19-2010, 2:46 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Default Taurus PT911 Parts

Note that I am looking for 911 parts, NOT 1911 parts.

Does anyone have experience with finding replacement/enhancement parts for a Taurus PT911? Specifically, I would like to be able to play with recoil springs, trigger springs, and hammer springs. I have looked on MidwayUSA, Brownells, Numrich, and Google'd till I was blue in the face with no luck. It looks like the only part available aftermarket is magazines.

Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated.

*** EDIT ****

Took the time today and actually took down both the 911 and the Beretta 92fs. The 92fs has a Wolff 16lb hammer spring in it and I was curious how it would make the Taurus behave. After finally figuring out the Taurus hammer lock, it would appear to me that the Wolff 16lb 92fs spring and the factory Taurus PT911 spring are identical. I could tell no difference on the 911 with the 16lb spring in it. Granted, this is seat of the pants testing as I don't have a scale to measure the minute differences. I am going to order a couple of the Wolff 13lb springs to try out in the Taurus and the 92fs. I am still looking for a manual for complete disassembly of the Taurus or even a good video of it online.

Last edited by choprzrul; 05-31-2010 at 2:59 PM.. Reason: Added hammer spring info
Old 03-22-2010, 10:35 PM

I got a PT911, no parts available! I do not like its barrel because of low grooves ( less accuracy) but could not find an after market barrel. Its trigger is 7 lbs. I live with it, it is not a target gun, the P1911 is
Old 03-23-2010, 7:08 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiko View Post
I got a PT911, no parts available! I do not like its barrel because of low grooves ( less accuracy) but could not find an after market barrel. Its trigger is 7 lbs. I live with it, it is not a target gun, the P1911 is
I am finding the same thing. I am curious as to why this gun isn't more popular for CCW? One would think that a current production firearm would have at least one company making parts for it?
Old 03-23-2010, 10:13 PM

One RO told me that the PT911 lokks like one Berretta gun and some Berretta parts may fit in, the other RO said that Taurus bought some of Beretta patents. So far I have not heard about any one try to buy Berretta parts for Taurus guns. I can measure and draw all the specs for its barrel but no store got it on the shelf, we have to buy online = pics only!
One day I will call Taurus to ask for parts, but they may not have any for sell, at least they will fix the gun for life time warranty.
About CCW, the PT911 is thick for. The plus is its DA/SA and decocker.
Old 03-24-2010, 5:31 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I have a Beretta 92fs. I will check on parts swapping and report back. It might be several weeks before I can do this, but I will let you know. I am really hoping that the hammer springs are the same.
Old 03-26-2010, 9:25 PM

choprzrul, in Florida, there are lots of people own Taurus, in California, may be just you and me who own the PT911
Old 03-26-2010, 9:59 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiko View Post
choprzrul, in Florida, there are lots of people own Taurus, in California, may be just you and me who own the PT911
Ya know, I am starting to think that you might be right! I wonder if there is a FlaGuns.net where we could ask some of them about parts???
Old 05-31-2010, 3:07 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Bump
Old 09-19-2010, 6:50 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Update:

I have been using a reduced power 92 hammer spring with good success. It also looks to me like the trigger setup is exactly like the 92 and one of these should work:

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct...tNumber=113198

The hammer spring reduction helped quite a bit with trigger pull poundage, and I expect the above conversion, if it works, will make it go from a good trigger to a great one.

I have roughly 2000 rounds through it now and only 1 FTE. My wife was shooting it @ Front Sight at the end of a long dusty day and had one really jam up. It was actually more of a type 3 malfunction. I don't know if it was because it was dirty, a light load, a tired wrist, or exactly what; but that was the worst of it. My wife was using her S&W 6904 that weekend before trying the 911. She wouldn't give it back after trying it.