Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Curio & Relic/Black Powder > Curio & Relic Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Curio & Relic Gallery Post pictures of your favorite milsurp here.

Old 02-24-2010, 6:14 PM

Default HELP ID old percusion shotgun Flea market find

Hey guys i had someone bring me an old shotgun today , Its a percusion shotgun and looks to be a 16 gauge. It is made up of mostly hand made parts. I think its pretty old and has been placed in a more modern stock . As you can see its a mess LOL , It has a rawhide and leather wrap on the foregrip that is so old its hard as a rock and can be slide off the front. The stock looks like it has been on the gun a while.

The hammer is pretty flat and wide and has a criss cross pattern around the top of the hammer that can be seen on one of the pictures below , The only markings are the >>>O>>>>O>>>> seen on the sideplate. The gun has no sights on it at all , You can see some remaining brass colored solder on the bottom of the barrel about 4" in front of where the stock ends. The hammer and trigger work like it should , half cock will not fire , pull it to full cock and the hammer hits the nipple nice a solid like it should . This gun in my opinion is a mess but i am curious if anyone recognizes what it used to be =)

I am usually a pretty good judge of a guns value but this shotgun is the worst looking gun i have ever seen , I had second thoughts forking out the $20 i paid for it LOL

Old 04-09-2010, 3:38 PM

"uuugh I new I left my gun here somewhere....." Davie Crocket
Old 04-09-2010, 3:53 PM
Veteran Member

I'll give you $25? I think it is beautiful. The stock appears to be from another front stuffer. Or maybe the lock was changed. The drum doesn't fit the sideplate and the trigger guard has been changed.
Look closely at the barrel if you were tempted to shoot it. Is it welded seam or Damascus?
Heck I'll give you $30.
take care
Mike
""When you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - When you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - When you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws donít protect you against them, but protect them against you - When you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - You may know that your society is doomed." -- Ayn Rand, "Atlas Shrugged", 1957"
Old 04-09-2010, 4:05 PM
Veteran Member

I love cool old guns....too me it has lots of charter. I would have happily paid $20 for it....and I have no clue what it is. I wouldn't shoot it though.....
"Looking a bit angry, he asked why I thought it was a Republican truck. I explained that if it were an Obama truck, the seats would blow smoke up your *** year-round. I had to walk back to the dealership. The guy had no sense of humor."
Old 04-09-2010, 4:05 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Be careful a lot of those were left loaded.

Subscribe to Proto Ordnance