Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > MARKETPLACE > Commercial Sales
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Commercial Sales For the Commercial sales of Firearms and Accessories. Read the rules before posting.

Old 02-10-2010, 12:09 AM

Default Northern California Gun Safe Deals

Just a heads up. If anyone is looking for a great deal on a gun safe in northern California (Redding area), talk to Keith Simpson @ Cold Steel Safe Company. They don't do alot of advertising, but the store is located in Anderson (just south of Redding, and about an hour and forty five minutes north of Sacramento), as well as a store in Roseville. They carry a complete line of Browning, Cannon, and Champion safes among others. As well as offering complete delivery and installation. They deliver and install all over Northern and Central California. You can ask for Keith at either store and he will give you the best deal possible. Tell him Nathan sent you.

KEITH SIMPSON

COLD STEEL SAFE CO., INC.
5205 Industrial Way Suite B Anderson, CA 96007
530-378-2949
http://www.coldsteelsafe.com/HOMEPAGE.html

Last edited by MXRacer; 02-10-2010 at 11:04 AM..
Old 02-10-2010, 12:24 AM
Pre-Banned
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

What kind of deals are we talking about?
NRA Life Member

Old 02-10-2010, 12:41 AM

Varies dependent on the safe you are looking for. Your best bet is to call and talk to Keith Simpson 530-378-2949. Like I said in the first post, tell him Nathan (that's me ) sent you.
Old 02-10-2010, 7:31 AM
Vendor/Retailer
CGN Contributor

After buying two 50 cu ft Liberty safes and making a few more sales for cold steel, I returned recently and tried to buy a 30 cu ft safe for my shop.
They were rude and would not even talk deals. The glut was still on and they had a we don’t give a $@%#$ attitude. They have lost my business forever.

Check out my engraving gallery on my website, Thanks
http://vadertactical.com/engraving-gallery
Old 02-10-2010, 8:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderSpade View Post
After buying two 50 cu ft Liberty safes and making a few more sales for cold steel, I returned recently and tried to buy a 30 cu ft safe for my shop.
They were rude and would not even talk deals. The glut was still on and they had a we don’t give a $@%#$ attitude. They have lost my business forever.
If you went to the Anderson store then it must have been Keith's day off if. If it's the Roseville store then I couldn't tell you what goes on down there. They haven't carried the Liberty line for along time now.

Last edited by MXRacer; 02-10-2010 at 11:06 AM..
Old 02-13-2010, 8:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderSpade View Post
I was recently introduced to the term "thread crapping". As I understand it this is it?

Last edited by MXRacer; 02-13-2010 at 8:59 AM..
Old 02-13-2010, 9:43 AM
Vendor/Retailer
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXRacer View Post
I was recently introduced to the term "thread crapping". As I understand it this is it?
NOT if your giving a TRUE account of how you were treated. These threads are for the safety and protection of CalGunners, not businesses. If things went well good for the business, if not CalGunners have a right to know!!!

Old 02-13-2010, 10:01 AM
Vendor/Retailer
CGN Contributor

I was at the Anderson store. I don’t know whom Keith is; the guy I dealt with was heavyset.

When I bought my safes I dealt with John the owner. He was just getting started and bent over backwards to help with free delivery and other extras.

When I ask about free delivery this last visit I was laughed at, it seems that’s where the hidden cost are. I was told delivery started at $500.00 and that was for one step, and 25 miles. Any other stairs, miles, or obstacles were extra.

I think these guys were great when they started, but have grown too big to care. As I stated this was last year when the gun glut was full on, and everybody was gouging. If they are sorry now that things have slowed down, they should have thought of that then. We all knew the shortages would not last forever.

Old 02-13-2010, 10:05 AM
Reptile&Samurai Moderator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Well, this isn't being posted by the actual company, so I'll file that post under valid feedback, and not threadcrapping.
Old 02-26-2010, 1:47 PM

So it's OK to talk crap about someone, or some business, as long as it isn't to their face?
Old 02-26-2010, 3:18 PM
Vendor/Retailer
CGN Contributor

Quote:
So it's OK to talk crap about someone, or some business, as long as it isn't to their face?
Big difference between talking crap and telling the truth. AND I did call John and tell him personally what a bad experience I had at the time.
You need to let this go and let this thread die, every time you bring this up a new batch of potential customers gets to read it. Just quietly start a new thread and hope I don’t see it!

You say they are offering good deals, here’s what I ask for. Based on the fact that I had received free delivery on my first two safes that’s what I ask for. The guy laughed out loud. Telling me delivery "started at $500.00" That hurt my feeling just a little but I wanted “that safe” “that day”. The asking price was $2,995.00. I had $3,300.00 in my pocket.
My next offer was $3,200.00 loaded on my truck. Tax would have been $247.00 this is only asking for a $42.00 discount. Now $42.00 is nothing, BUT I wanted something just to feel better about being laughed at. A straight up no was what I got. I ask him to call John but he wouldn’t, so I did when I got home.
I bought the same Browning safe that night online for $2,495.00 plus $180.00 delivered to my door no tax.

Old 02-26-2010, 3:23 PM
Vendor/Retailer
CGN Contributor

Somebody please lock this thread and let this guy get a clean start.