Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Firearms Accessories: Holsters, Safes, Lights & more
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Firearms Accessories: Holsters, Safes, Lights & more If it locks up, carries, fits on to or cleans up your firearms, discuss it here.

Old 01-11-2006, 5:15 PM

Default Cannon Safe

Does anyone have any feedback regarding the quality of Cannon Safes? Also, any recommendations on vendors I could order them from? Thank you.
Old 01-11-2006, 7:22 PM

For the money they are not bad. They are rated at 40 minutes. Some say you need more. We apparently disagree. In all honesty, if you are concerned about fit and finish, I would go with a Liberty Safe Lincoln or better series. Will be paying much more for it though. We paid just under $1800 for ours which included tax and delivery. It was a 35 cubic foot model. Friend bought a similar sized Liberty. Paid almost $2800 all said and done.

One nice feature is the cannon warrantee. It is really good. We were at the Prado Olympic Range and they were flooded about a year ago. The save they had was about 40 years old. Cannon replaced and it cost them ZERO.

If we had to do it again, we might have gone with the Liberty b/c of fit and finish but then again maybe not.

I would recommend buying from showroom and not on-line. The freight would probably eat up the saving and then some. Our model weighs almost half a ton (900 pounds).
Old 01-11-2006, 7:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider4evr
Does anyone have any feedback regarding the quality of Cannon Safes? Also, any recommendations on vendors I could order them from? Thank you.
This is a pretty good deal on a Cannon safe. The price is $999 dlvd. I think its made just for Costco because I cant find it anyplace else.

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...v=&browse=&s=1
Old 01-11-2006, 7:55 PM
Veteran Member

I recently purchased a Liberty Safe and was happy with the cost, service and warranty they provide. They have a lifetime warranty which is transferable. If you are under a budget, then Centurion model would be the best choice.

http://www.libertysafenorcal.com/
Old 01-11-2006, 8:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider4evr
I think the poster is asking about CANNON SAFES
Old 01-11-2006, 8:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thmpr
I recently purchased a Liberty Safe and was happy with the cost, service and warranty they provide. They have a lifetime warranty which is transferable. If you are under a budget, then Centurion model would be the best choice.

http://www.libertysafenorcal.com/
You may want to check with Liberty but my understanding of there lifetime warranty is that you still have to pay the freight cost to send back to them.
Old 01-11-2006, 8:23 PM

and within 5 replies the thread is Hi-Jacked. Nice job people
Old 01-11-2006, 9:07 PM

Thank you all for your input =)
Old 01-11-2006, 9:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitol
and within 5 replies the thread is Hi-Jacked. Nice job people
So you would prefer I not clear up an issue so that this thread can remain on track?
Old 01-12-2006, 12:18 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
I have a T27 which is their Tradional series, top of the line model. I like it a lot. Fit and finish are good to very good. I recommend however that you avoid their electronic lock made by Kaba Mas. I had two fail on me. The first time was catastrophic. I found out how well my safe was built by the amount of time the locksmith took to open her up (4+ hours). I endd up installing a S&G mechanical lock. Anyway, all's better now. Oh BTW I got to look at the inside of the door where the locking mechanism is located. It is very nicely/neatly made. Even the locksmith commented that since it took him so long to "break in" he thought it was a good safe.

I got mine from Dean Security in the SF Valley. Customer service was good when I had my problem so no complaints there.
Old 01-12-2006, 12:41 AM

Thumbs up

Thanks Zatoh, I'll look into that.
Old 01-12-2006, 12:44 PM
Veteran Member

Cold Steel Safe in Roseville, California (Sacramento) carries Cannon, and their prices were better than Dean Safe. They have a coupon on their website, $150 delivery which is about $100 better than anywhere else. I've been in their store. Nice people.
Old 01-13-2006, 11:03 PM

I recently received the Cannon AE-22 from my WONDERFUL mother for Xmas! I can say that I love it. The interior is carpeted and the finish is durable! It has an unbeatable warranty and tons of different configurations available. I mounted a light inside of it and couldn't be happier.

http://www.cannonsafe.com/safesamericaneagle/#ae

The only problem is, I already filled it up!!!
Old 01-13-2006, 11:06 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitnrun
Seems to be a common problem. I've filled my Browning too. Now I need to remove the shelves on the one side and set it up with the extra insert for more rifles.

Always buy the biggest safe you can fit in your location. Even if you think you'll never fill it, in no time at all you'll be needing another safe.
Old 01-14-2006, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitnrun
I recently received the Cannon AE-22 from my WONDERFUL mother for Xmas! I can say that I love it. The interior is carpeted and the finish is durable! It has an unbeatable warranty and tons of different configurations available. I mounted a light inside of it and couldn't be happier.

http://www.cannonsafe.com/safesamericaneagle/#ae

Thats one heck of a mom! All I got from my mom were two sweaters.
Anyway, that model looks really nice. I'm stuck between that and the Liberty Centurion.
Old 01-16-2006, 10:15 PM
Veteran Member

I purchased an "American Eagle" Cannon Safe two years from my local FFL. Paid about $850 out the door if I remember right. The local Cannon rep delivered & set up the safe at my house for $90. Best money I ever spent. I have the electronic lock which has worked perfect so far.

I had one problem this summer. The spring which forces the large locking bolts to move came loose. The same guy who delivered the safe returned (on a weekend) and spent about an hour fixing the problem. No charge. He said it was all covered.

Great value, great service and piece of mind. Can't beat it!
Old 01-17-2006, 9:50 AM
Veteran Member

I was thinking about getting a Liberty; one of the ones on Costco.com made especially for Costco, but the Liberty warranty isn't nearly as good as the Cannon. So I think I'm gonna get the Cannon. I don't want to have to pay to send my safe to Liberty and back.
Old 01-23-2006, 10:59 PM

I bought the one at Costco for $669...its seems decently solid and heavy at ~580lbs , but then again this is my first safe...