Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Shotgun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Shotgun discussions Trap, Hunting, Defense and more. A place for enthusiasts to discuss the shotgun.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-28-2010, 11:16 AM
Hornet_RN's Avatar
Hornet_RN Hornet_RN is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Northern SF Bay Area
Posts: 588
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default help me select a shotgun, cuz i'm a noob...

my father and i are wanting to get into three gun competition, but i also want to get into trap and skeet shooting too. so we have been discussing on buying a shotgun in the coming months but haven't really decided what to get.

i was planning to get a Remington 870 pump shot gun. however, my father wants something smaller, shorter, and more tactical looking for three gun competition. but i'm looking more into a sport shotgun with a longer barrel so that i could possibly shoot trap and skeet (hence making it NOT look bad***** and tactical...heh heh). but we also both agree on wanting a shotgun that is capable of shooting slugs too...and that it should be a pump shotgun!

What shotgun to get? Remington 870? Mossberg 500? Mossbert 590?
__________________


"sir...does this mean ann margaret's not coming?"
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-28-2010, 11:29 AM
AlexB AlexB is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 41
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

20" Remington 870. IIRC, it comes from the factory with a magazine tube extension as well, so you should be set if you're trying to keep it simple.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-28-2010, 12:31 PM
SuperSet SuperSet is offline
Vendor/Retailer
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: OC/DC
Posts: 9,127
iTrader: 41 / 100%
Default

If you're shooting 3-gun for fun, a pump will do just fine. If you get serious and want to stay competitive, you'll want a semiauto (unless you shoot Heavy Metal).
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-28-2010, 1:34 PM
felixthecat1's Avatar
felixthecat1 felixthecat1 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Los Angeles, CA (562)
Posts: 424
iTrader: 19 / 100%
Default

a Mossberg 590A1 with bayonet lug, and an SPX tactical light..

oh wait, ur shooting targets, not zombies... ummm, having shot the 500, 590, and Win's 870, I reallyliked the 500 for simplicity. But for coolness, I gotta say, i luv the 590 a1.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-28-2010, 5:32 PM
eccvets eccvets is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: none
Posts: 1,247
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

go out and shoot them all and pick the one which feels the best to you. It's really no secret and everyone is built differently so pick the one which you like the best.

personnaly I like my 590 + knoxx specops+limbsaver+holosite but thats just me.

Last edited by eccvets; 01-28-2010 at 5:41 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-29-2010, 10:31 AM
.40Cal's Avatar
.40Cal .40Cal is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hayward, Bay Area
Posts: 969
iTrader: 0 / 100%
Default

I'm in the same boat as the OP. I would like to introduce myself too, and am also looking for my 'First Shotgun' ever.

I've been reading up on different loads, barrel sizes, functions, and usability.

From what I've discovered, the Remington 870 (being most popular/used by cops, HD and service), and the Mossberg 590 (meeting and being used by U.S military and Navy). Both being really good weapons. I'm also considering no more than 18.5" barrel for HD. If I get a gun with a 20", I would probably have it cut to 18.5", with 9 round magazine. Nothing fancy like bayont on it or anything that might get caught, or folding stocks, etc. I would put a flash light or laser on it, for dark situations in HD.

Now, my only (BIG) issue is that I'm not really decided on which one of the two to get. And where's the Best price? Hope some other guys will pitch in soon...

Rog.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-29-2010, 12:02 PM
AlexB AlexB is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 41
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by .40Cal View Post
I'm in the same boat as the OP. I would like to introduce myself too, and am also looking for my 'First Shotgun' ever.

I've been reading up on different loads, barrel sizes, functions, and usability.

From what I've discovered, the Remington 870 (being most popular/used by cops, HD and service), and the Mossberg 590 (meeting and being used by U.S military and Navy). Both being really good weapons. I'm also considering no more than 18.5" barrel for HD. If I get a gun with a 20", I would probably have it cut to 18.5", with 9 round magazine. Nothing fancy like bayont on it or anything that might get caught, or folding stocks, etc. I would put a flash light or laser on it, for dark situations in HD.

Now, my only (BIG) issue is that I'm not really decided on which one of the two to get. And where's the Best price? Hope some other guys will pitch in soon...

Rog.
Both guns function very well. I've shot both the 870 and 590 quite a bit and in the end of the day, for me, the only real significant difference for me would be the placement of the safety.

Just remember that if you plan on changing out the stock on your shotgun that if you decide to get a pistol grip, the safety on the 590 is going to be awkward to actuate versus the 870.

It is going to come down to personal preference when choosing between the two.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-29-2010, 12:29 PM
5150bronco's Avatar
5150bronco 5150bronco is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: San Jose
Posts: 1,533
iTrader: 26 / 100%
Default

do some searching. i have did several threads on different shotguns. that will help.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-29-2010, 4:39 PM
too old for this too old for this is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The city state of San Francisco
Posts: 46
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

If you want to do both 3 gun competition as well as trap shooting, it is probably best to get 2 guns. The Mossberg 500 is an okay gun and the Rem. 870 is probably a bit better gun. Both very good for home defense and 3 gunning. But neither is very good at trap shooting. For trap shooting you should a barrel of at least 28 inches and it must be able to use a wide range of chokes. In trap shooting you will fire a 100 plus shells in a single day which is more than many hunter will use in a year. Because of that, Trap guns are built stronger and cost more. For trap I use a Benelli semi-auto that costs about $1700 which is about 3 times the cost of a 500 or 870, but it is a great trap gun with much less felt recoil that either a pump or double barrel. I could, if I needed, use the gun for home defense it holds 5 shells. In April, I'm taking the gun out to Foresight for a 2 day tactical shotgun course. But the real use of the gun is trap shooting which I find to be more fun that IPSA shooting. Fast moving targets are a real challenge. For skeet and sporting clays, double barrel guns are better because you can have different chokes in each barrel, but I like the reduced recoil of a semi-auto.
What ever you do, have FUN.
__________________
Too old for this and I'm just a junior member? Too old this refers to Ducati's and not women and other things like trap shooting, etc.
The right to have responsible gun ownership is one of the core elements of the American democratic system. Remember, the Bill of Rights is ALL of the first ten amendments, and without the Bill of Rights this country would not be the great one that it is. Protect them all with honor.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-29-2010, 5:01 PM
5150bronco's Avatar
5150bronco 5150bronco is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: San Jose
Posts: 1,533
iTrader: 26 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by too old for this View Post
If you want to do both 3 gun competition as well as trap shooting, it is probably best to get 2 guns. The Mossberg 500 is an okay gun and the Rem. 870 is probably a bit better gun. Both very good for home defense and 3 gunning. But neither is very good at trap shooting. For trap shooting you should a barrel of at least 28 inches and it must be able to use a wide range of chokes. In trap shooting you will fire a 100 plus shells in a single day which is more than many hunter will use in a year. Because of that, Trap guns are built stronger and cost more. For trap I use a Benelli semi-auto that costs about $1700 which is about 3 times the cost of a 500 or 870, but it is a great trap gun with much less felt recoil that either a pump or double barrel. I could, if I needed, use the gun for home defense it holds 5 shells. In April, I'm taking the gun out to Foresight for a 2 day tactical shotgun course. But the real use of the gun is trap shooting which I find to be more fun that IPSA shooting. Fast moving targets are a real challenge. For skeet and sporting clays, double barrel guns are better because you can have different chokes in each barrel, but I like the reduced recoil of a semi-auto.
What ever you do, have FUN.
good points. how would benelli m1 work for trap?

i was thinkin of using 870 than putting long barrel in and I guess I would have to change choke too.......? What choke?
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-29-2010, 6:28 PM
Bellehood Bellehood is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 187
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

The mossberg 500 home/field combo is the cheapest and most efficient way to fulfill both your needs. Its worth far more than the $279 they sell it for at my Big 5. You can get a similar setup for the remmy 870, but barrels are a lot more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .40Cal View Post
If I get a gun with a 20", I would probably have it cut to 18.5", with 9 round magazine. Nothing fancy like bayont on it or anything that might get caught, or folding stocks, etc. I would put a flash light or laser on it, for dark situations in HD.



Rog.
I dont know of a shotgun that has a 9 shot magazine and can have a 18.5 inch barrel. The 2 mossberg models (500 8-shot persuader, and the 590's with the extra large tube) that have the extra large magazine can NOT have their barrels cut down from 20" to 18.5"
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-30-2010, 2:30 PM
tonelar's Avatar
tonelar tonelar is offline
Dinosaur
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: San Franpsycho
Posts: 6,022
iTrader: 115 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB88 View Post
Everyone else is going to say this, get the mossberg 500 from big 5 with the two barrels one is 18 inches and the other is 28. Best of both worlds there.
Not necessarily. If you're going to see occasional use, the Mossbergs are great. Plus the package deal with the two barrels is pretty neat.

However it sounds to me like this shotgun is going to see a LOT of use. So, I'd go with the 870. It's the bar by which all others are measured for a reason.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-30-2010, 2:36 PM
antonio's Avatar
antonio antonio is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: N0R, CA
Posts: 490
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Go for the the Moss 500 I have a had mine for 15 years and its been very reliable. I have hunted all upland game and ducks and trap, I just recently upgraded to the Winchester SX3.

Just my opinion
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-30-2010, 8:46 PM
5150bronco's Avatar
5150bronco 5150bronco is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: San Jose
Posts: 1,533
iTrader: 26 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonelar View Post
Not necessarily. If you're going to see occasional use, the Mossbergs are great. Plus the package deal with the two barrels is pretty neat.

However it sounds to me like this shotgun is going to see a LOT of use. So, I'd go with the 870. It's the bar by which all others are measured for a reason.
I have been doing lots of research and by far this statement has been common. I would go with 870 too.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-31-2010, 2:09 PM
shooterdude's Avatar
shooterdude shooterdude is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 844
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornet_RN View Post
my father and i are wanting to get into three gun competition, but i also want to get into trap and skeet shooting too. so we have been discussing on buying a shotgun in the coming months but haven't really decided what to get.

i was planning to get a Remington 870 pump shot gun. however, my father wants something smaller, shorter, and more tactical looking for three gun competition. but i'm looking more into a sport shotgun with a longer barrel so that i could possibly shoot trap and skeet (hence making it NOT look bad***** and tactical...heh heh). but we also both agree on wanting a shotgun that is capable of shooting slugs too...and that it should be a pump shotgun!

What shotgun to get? Remington 870? Mossberg 500? Mossbert 590?
Consider the Mossberg 930. They have so many versions with different barrels and combos such as the model 85325. The tactical SP/SPX versions come with extended magazines or you can add the Choate extension yourself.
__________________
Using C Products 10 round magazines in my AR-15...just to be "safe"...

Last edited by shooterdude; 01-31-2010 at 2:15 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-31-2010, 2:18 PM
shooterdude's Avatar
shooterdude shooterdude is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 844
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5150bronco View Post
I have been doing lots of research and by far this statement has been common. I would go with 870 too.
Have you shot an 870 or a 500? Have you shot a semi-auto? Go to a range like Oak Tree gun club if you live in the LA area and try these.
__________________
Using C Products 10 round magazines in my AR-15...just to be "safe"...
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-31-2010, 4:01 PM
5150bronco's Avatar
5150bronco 5150bronco is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: San Jose
Posts: 1,533
iTrader: 26 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooterdude View Post
Have you shot an 870 or a 500? Have you shot a semi-auto? Go to a range like Oak Tree gun club if you live in the LA area and try these.
i just bought 870 couple weeks ago. no on the 500. use to have 870 and m1.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 02-01-2010, 9:30 AM
AutoLifeTom AutoLifeTom is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Modesto ca
Posts: 12
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Check out the Stoeger Pump Shotguns.

Auto Life Outdoors just received way two many Benelli, Franchi and Stoegers and have priced them way to cheap to advertize. Call 800-499-1004 to take advantage of this liquidation. USE # 740 ACCOUNT


Also clearance specials click here
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 02-01-2010, 1:38 PM
Bellehood Bellehood is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 187
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5150bronco View Post
I have been doing lots of research and by far this statement has been common. I would go with 870 too.
The people who make this statement are for the most part, older gentleman who have owned 870's for 30+ years, and are pretty biased.

the 500 is just as reliable and durable, if not MORE so than the 870. Any research done by professionals, and not individuals shooting them at the range for the day, has proven that. In fact, the 500 is the only shotgun to pass the US Army's Mil-Spec 3443E test, "a brutal and unforgiving torture test with 3,000 rounds of full power 12 gauge buckshot".

So any one who says the 870 is "better" or the "bar by which all are measured" is a little behind the times.

I also know several individuals at my local skeet range who do very well with 500's sporting 26 or 28 inch barrels.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 02-01-2010, 4:05 PM
shooterdude's Avatar
shooterdude shooterdude is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 844
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellehood View Post
The people who make this statement are for the most part, older gentleman who have owned 870's for 30+ years, and are pretty biased.

the 500 is just as reliable and durable, if not MORE so than the 870. Any research done by professionals, and not individuals shooting them at the range for the day, has proven that. In fact, the 500 is the only shotgun to pass the US Army's Mil-Spec 3443E test, "a brutal and unforgiving torture test with 3,000 rounds of full power 12 gauge buckshot".

So any one who says the 870 is "better" or the "bar by which all are measured" is a little behind the times.

I also know several individuals at my local skeet range who do very well with 500's sporting 26 or 28 inch barrels.
Are we talking about the 870 or the 870 express which is a cheaper, less finished version of the 870? People who have real experience with the 870 turn their noses up, and rightfully so at the Express version.
__________________
Using C Products 10 round magazines in my AR-15...just to be "safe"...
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 02-01-2010, 6:59 PM
rcschummers's Avatar
rcschummers rcschummers is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: AUBURN
Posts: 1,254
iTrader: 8 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB88 View Post
Everyone else is going to say this, get the mossberg 500 from big 5 with the two barrels one is 18 inches and the other is 28. Best of both worlds there.
2nd that
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 02-01-2010, 10:28 PM
picasso's Avatar
picasso picasso is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: City of Angels
Posts: 783
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornet_RN View Post
my father and i are wanting to get into three gun competition, but i also want to get into trap and skeet shooting too. so we have been discussing on buying a shotgun in the coming months but haven't really decided what to get.

i was planning to get a Remington 870 pump shot gun. however, my father wants something smaller, shorter, and more tactical looking for three gun competition. but i'm looking more into a sport shotgun with a longer barrel so that i could possibly shoot trap and skeet (hence making it NOT look bad***** and tactical...heh heh). but we also both agree on wanting a shotgun that is capable of shooting slugs too...and that it should be a pump shotgun!

What shotgun to get? Remington 870? Mossberg 500? Mossbert 590?
If I were you I'll get the 870 turkey shotgun. Looks sporty, tactical and has a 21" barrel/rem choke.
__________________
http://www.thelibertyblog.com/storage/2nd-amendment.jpg
NRA/MEMBER
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 02-01-2010, 11:14 PM
5150bronco's Avatar
5150bronco 5150bronco is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: San Jose
Posts: 1,533
iTrader: 26 / 100%
Default

wow. hard to say here. boils down to opinion....., and lots have been said for long time about 870. I have the police magnum one not express.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 02-02-2010, 7:32 AM
.40Cal's Avatar
.40Cal .40Cal is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hayward, Bay Area
Posts: 969
iTrader: 0 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5150bronco View Post
wow. hard to say here. boils down to opinion....., and lots have been said for long time about 870. I have the police magnum one not express.
Where can we find info on 'Police' model, the 'Regular 870' or the 'Express' models? It seems they have differences, no matter how small they are. There has to be a way, or a place where they are ALL described in DETAIL, or compared. That info would help...

Quote:
Originally Posted by picasso View Post
If I were you I'll get the 870 turkey shotgun. Looks sporty, tactical and has a 21" barrel/rem choke.
I think if there's a setup where you can get a barrel with removable (changable chokes) that's great - only if you can find such a set up that comes with 'under' 20" barrel. At least that way you can control your paterns (spead). IMO...
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 02-02-2010, 4:21 PM
5150bronco's Avatar
5150bronco 5150bronco is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: San Jose
Posts: 1,533
iTrader: 26 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by .40Cal View Post
Where can we find info on 'Police' model, the 'Regular 870' or the 'Express' models? It seems they have differences, no matter how small they are. There has to be a way, or a place where they are ALL described in DETAIL, or compared. That info would help...



I think if there's a setup where you can get a barrel with removable (changable chokes) that's great - only if you can find such a set up that comes with 'under' 20" barrel. At least that way you can control your paterns (spead). IMO...
I just put up threads and asked questions. I think the finish and internals are differences.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 02-02-2010, 8:41 PM
briankk's Avatar
briankk briankk is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 61
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

I'd like to put in a word for the Ithaca 37. Bottom feed and eject, the gun is completely ambidextrous. shoot from either shoulder or lend it to you other-handed GF..
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 02-02-2010, 8:44 PM
5150bronco's Avatar
5150bronco 5150bronco is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: San Jose
Posts: 1,533
iTrader: 26 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by briankk View Post
I'd like to put in a word for the Ithaca 37. Bottom feed and eject, the gun is completely ambidextrous. shoot from either shoulder or lend it to you other-handed GF..
somebody mentioned this one on some of my threads. this seems to be in the realm of good shotguns for sure.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 02-02-2010, 8:46 PM
BroncoBob's Avatar
BroncoBob BroncoBob is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Tracy, CA
Posts: 5,989
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

Benelli Super Nova with the pistol grip stock.
__________________

NRA MEMBER

Originally Posted by ar15barrels
Unscrew the lid. There is a foil seal there.
Pull the seal off and screw the lid back on.
Then you can squeeze the mustard and it will come out of the bottle..

Liberals are termites eating at the foundation of our constitution.
Michael Reagan
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 02-02-2010, 11:55 PM
5150bronco's Avatar
5150bronco 5150bronco is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: San Jose
Posts: 1,533
iTrader: 26 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBob View Post
Benelli Super Nova with the pistol grip stock.
which stock? how do you like shooting with pistol grip?
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 02-02-2010, 11:56 PM
twotap twotap is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Sierra Nevada Mountains
Posts: 2,825
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Both are good.All depends on how it feels to you.I have a rem870,shoot trap every week.Have not seen any mossbergs out at the range tho. But maybe I'm a old biased guy. Try them both and get what feels the best to you.
That is all that matters.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 02-03-2010, 1:15 AM
5150bronco's Avatar
5150bronco 5150bronco is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: San Jose
Posts: 1,533
iTrader: 26 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by twotap View Post
Both are good.All depends on how it feels to you.I have a rem870,shoot trap every week.Have not seen any mossbergs out at the range tho. But maybe I'm a old biased guy. Try them both and get what feels the best to you.
That is all that matters.
good deal. what barrel you use and choke?
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 02-03-2010, 10:53 AM
twotap twotap is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Sierra Nevada Mountains
Posts: 2,825
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

I picked a wingmaster up for around 225. at a pawn shop.It is a 28" fixed modified choked barrel.Full choke(tight pattern) might be better in 30"for handicap 20yd-27yd but It does just fine for trap at 16 yd.
Had a mossberg with pistol grip 18" barrel with shuord, good gun but did not like where the safety was .So got a hawk 982 18"for tactical class,h/d ,truck gun, also have a winchester,never have a problem with ANY of them.Like I said before get what feels right for you and what you are using it for,Not me or your friends You are the one shooting it.The most important thing you can get is TRAINING without it you really don't know what you or your gun can do... Believe me,I do tac training once a year.Money well spent. My .02 cents
GOOD LUCK from an old bias guy..
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 02-03-2010, 12:47 PM
5150bronco's Avatar
5150bronco 5150bronco is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: San Jose
Posts: 1,533
iTrader: 26 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by twotap View Post
I picked a wingmaster up for around 225. at a pawn shop.It is a 28" fixed modified choked barrel.Full choke(tight pattern) might be better in 30"for handicap 20yd-27yd but It does just fine for trap at 16 yd.
Had a mossberg with pistol grip 18" barrel with shuord, good gun but did not like where the safety was .So got a hawk 982 18"for tactical class,h/d ,truck gun, also have a winchester,never have a problem with ANY of them.Like I said before get what feels right for you and what you are using it for,Not me or your friends You are the one shooting it.The most important thing you can get is TRAINING without it you really don't know what you or your gun can do... Believe me,I do tac training once a year.Money well spent. My .02 cents
GOOD LUCK from an old bias guy..
cool. winchester wingmaster. saw one on here for sale. still deciding if I will use the police magnum for trap too, changing barrel and choke or buy a designated one. 28" with full choke. great.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:16 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2016, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.