Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > MARKETPLACE > Commercial Sales
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Commercial Sales For the Commercial sales of Firearms and Accessories. Read the rules before posting.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #121  
Old 03-18-2010, 5:27 AM
Thordo's Avatar
Thordo Thordo is offline
Vendor/Retailer
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South San Francisco
Posts: 3,413
iTrader: 25 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermario View Post
Will you be at the costa mesa gun show next weekend?
We won't be there but Ted and Cindy from Triple S Sportsmman Supply will. They'll be doing demos and selling. They sell primarilly optics. Check out the thier website. http://www.qualityriflescopes.com


Thordo
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 03-19-2010, 1:18 PM
Thordo's Avatar
Thordo Thordo is offline
Vendor/Retailer
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South San Francisco
Posts: 3,413
iTrader: 25 / 100%
Default

btt
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 03-19-2010, 9:25 PM
skuehl skuehl is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Chino Hills
Posts: 464
iTrader: 31 / 100%
Default

Recieved what I ordered. I think they were waiting at the door 10 minutes after I paid. Wow that was quick. Great product, great idea, great price, = Great seller. Installed three of them in 20 minutes. Thank you very much.
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 03-20-2010, 9:52 AM
Thordo's Avatar
Thordo Thordo is offline
Vendor/Retailer
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South San Francisco
Posts: 3,413
iTrader: 25 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skuehl View Post
Recieved what I ordered. I think they were waiting at the door 10 minutes after I paid. Wow that was quick. Great product, great idea, great price, = Great seller. Installed three of them in 20 minutes. Thank you very much.
Glad you like em!!

Thordo
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 03-20-2010, 8:48 PM
dkthree's Avatar
dkthree dkthree is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Riverside
Posts: 425
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default

Just got em installed... so simple, so beautiful.

I wouldn't be surprised, however, if the DOJ stops sending you Christmas cards.

Buy these!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #126  
Old 03-23-2010, 5:36 AM
Thordo's Avatar
Thordo Thordo is offline
Vendor/Retailer
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South San Francisco
Posts: 3,413
iTrader: 25 / 100%
Default

btt
Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old 03-23-2010, 12:17 PM
CJBrian's Avatar
CJBrian CJBrian is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Redlands
Posts: 315
iTrader: 17 / 100%
Default

Awesome stuff. Got mine yesterday and installed them today. Super fast shipping, Great Guy to deal with. Just got to get my P-mags to drop out easier now.
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old 03-23-2010, 2:03 PM
Thordo's Avatar
Thordo Thordo is offline
Vendor/Retailer
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South San Francisco
Posts: 3,413
iTrader: 25 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJBrian View Post
Awesome stuff. Got mine yesterday and installed them today. Super fast shipping, Great Guy to deal with. Just got to get my P-mags to drop out easier now.
I had to scrape mine a bit to get them to drop too. Especially on my Keltec.

Enjoy!!

Thordo
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old 03-24-2010, 3:23 PM
Thordo's Avatar
Thordo Thordo is offline
Vendor/Retailer
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South San Francisco
Posts: 3,413
iTrader: 25 / 100%
Default

btt
Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old 03-25-2010, 11:01 AM
pratchett pratchett is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 238
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Ultra-fast shipping. I'll install them today. My only problem was that one of the bags developed a small rip (I assume during transport) and two of the washers had fallen into the packing envelope. That's hardly something you could help, though - prolly just one of those things.

EDIT:
I installed them today. By the time I reached the 6th magazine, I was installing them at the rate of one every two minutes without even trying to hurry.

Everything went together tightly, and there didn't seem to be any risk of stripping out the stub. That's a sure sign of quality. I cycled through all six mags about three times, and I kid you not: this was as fast as a regular mag release! Awesome product, and I will be ordering more.

Last edited by pratchett; 03-25-2010 at 7:52 PM.. Reason: Post-installation comments
Reply With Quote
  #131  
Old 03-25-2010, 8:16 PM
Thordo's Avatar
Thordo Thordo is offline
Vendor/Retailer
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South San Francisco
Posts: 3,413
iTrader: 25 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratchett View Post
Ultra-fast shipping. I'll install them today. My only problem was that one of the bags developed a small rip (I assume during transport) and two of the washers had fallen into the packing envelope. That's hardly something you could help, though - prolly just one of those things.

EDIT:
I installed them today. By the time I reached the 6th magazine, I was installing them at the rate of one every two minutes without even trying to hurry.

Everything went together tightly, and there didn't seem to be any risk of stripping out the stub. That's a sure sign of quality. I cycled through all six mags about three times, and I kid you not: this was as fast as a regular mag release! Awesome product, and I will be ordering more.
Great feedback!! There's nothing like a happy customer!! The ripping bag problem is solved.

Thordo
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old 03-26-2010, 9:17 PM
Thordo's Avatar
Thordo Thordo is offline
Vendor/Retailer
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South San Francisco
Posts: 3,413
iTrader: 25 / 100%
Default

btt
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old 03-28-2010, 4:47 PM
Thordo's Avatar
Thordo Thordo is offline
Vendor/Retailer
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South San Francisco
Posts: 3,413
iTrader: 25 / 100%
Default

btt
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old 03-29-2010, 5:47 PM
Thordo's Avatar
Thordo Thordo is offline
Vendor/Retailer
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South San Francisco
Posts: 3,413
iTrader: 25 / 100%
Default

btt
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old 03-31-2010, 8:04 AM
Thordo's Avatar
Thordo Thordo is offline
Vendor/Retailer
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South San Francisco
Posts: 3,413
iTrader: 25 / 100%
Default

Hump day bump.
Reply With Quote
  #136  
Old 04-01-2010, 3:25 PM
Thordo's Avatar
Thordo Thordo is offline
Vendor/Retailer
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South San Francisco
Posts: 3,413
iTrader: 25 / 100%
Default

btt
Reply With Quote
  #137  
Old 04-02-2010, 6:35 PM
Thordo's Avatar
Thordo Thordo is offline
Vendor/Retailer
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South San Francisco
Posts: 3,413
iTrader: 25 / 100%
Default

btt
Reply With Quote
  #138  
Old 04-03-2010, 12:49 AM
mushrew mushrew is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 92
iTrader: 10 / 100%
Default

works on AK promags + solar tactical lock as well =)

the plastic gets a little chewed up but i'd assume you could go through several hundred drops before you needed a replacement tip (i got tired after about 50 or so releases) the flash makes the wear look a lot worse than it really is.

i don't think the AR-15 nub will be long enough to get leverage on the AR locks that just have a hole, instead of a U-shaped cutout. i don't feel like drilling out my rivet to actually test though ;-)






Last edited by mushrew; 04-03-2010 at 12:52 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #139  
Old 04-03-2010, 5:20 AM
supertrooper's Avatar
supertrooper supertrooper is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: moreno valley, ca
Posts: 515
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Default

great product. they work better for me installed on the rear for the mag. only gripe is that the allen screw it so small that i had to put them in a drill to install. how about offering the allen wrench as an option.
__________________
Quote:
A SWAT Monkey is a powerful psychological tool. Imagine you are a criminal hiding in a closet and you hear "Release the monkey!" You would shudder.
Reply With Quote
  #140  
Old 04-04-2010, 9:43 PM
Thordo's Avatar
Thordo Thordo is offline
Vendor/Retailer
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South San Francisco
Posts: 3,413
iTrader: 25 / 100%
Default

btt
Reply With Quote
  #141  
Old 04-05-2010, 9:28 AM
Thordo's Avatar
Thordo Thordo is offline
Vendor/Retailer
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South San Francisco
Posts: 3,413
iTrader: 25 / 100%
Default AK tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by mushrew View Post
works on AK promags + solar tactical lock as well =)

the plastic gets a little chewed up but i'd assume you could go through several hundred drops before you needed a replacement tip (i got tired after about 50 or so releases) the flash makes the wear look a lot worse than it really is.

i don't think the AR-15 nub will be long enough to get leverage on the AR locks that just have a hole, instead of a U-shaped cutout. i don't feel like drilling out my rivet to actually test though ;-)





Hi Mushrew,

Great adaptation. I haven't had an opportunity to test it on an AK, mainly because I don't know anyone that owns one. How much longer do you think the tip needs to be to work with AK BBs that just have a hole?

Thordo
Reply With Quote
  #142  
Old 04-05-2010, 9:30 AM
Thordo's Avatar
Thordo Thordo is offline
Vendor/Retailer
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South San Francisco
Posts: 3,413
iTrader: 25 / 100%
Default allen wrenches

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertrooper View Post
great product. they work better for me installed on the rear for the mag. only gripe is that the allen screw it so small that i had to put them in a drill to install. how about offering the allen wrench as an option.
Hi Supertrooper,
Thanks for the suggestion. I'm trying to keep the kits as cheap as possible but if I can find a source for good quality allen wrenches I'll certainly consider adding one to the kits.

Thordo
Reply With Quote
  #143  
Old 04-06-2010, 5:39 AM
Thordo's Avatar
Thordo Thordo is offline
Vendor/Retailer
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South San Francisco
Posts: 3,413
iTrader: 25 / 100%
Default

btt
Reply With Quote
  #144  
Old 04-07-2010, 5:51 AM
Thordo's Avatar
Thordo Thordo is offline
Vendor/Retailer
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South San Francisco
Posts: 3,413
iTrader: 25 / 100%
Default

btt
Reply With Quote
  #145  
Old 04-07-2010, 2:42 PM
jiminyfixit jiminyfixit is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Taxramento
Posts: 26
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Great product. Excellent service and response. I installed mine a little higher up the Pmag to allow room for the cover plate. Here's a pic.


Magtool.jpg
__________________
Suppose you were an idiot and suppose you were a member of Congress... But, I repeat myself. -Mark Twain

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Reply With Quote
  #146  
Old 04-07-2010, 2:55 PM
Thordo's Avatar
Thordo Thordo is offline
Vendor/Retailer
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South San Francisco
Posts: 3,413
iTrader: 25 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminyfixit View Post
Great product. Excellent service and response. I installed mine a little higher up the Pmag to allow room for the cover plate. Here's a pic.


Attachment 51684
Outstanding!!

Thordo
Reply With Quote
  #147  
Old 04-09-2010, 5:35 AM
Thordo's Avatar
Thordo Thordo is offline
Vendor/Retailer
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South San Francisco
Posts: 3,413
iTrader: 25 / 100%
Default

btt
Reply With Quote
  #148  
Old 04-10-2010, 5:47 PM
Thordo's Avatar
Thordo Thordo is offline
Vendor/Retailer
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South San Francisco
Posts: 3,413
iTrader: 25 / 100%
Default

btt
Reply With Quote
  #149  
Old 04-13-2010, 5:30 AM
Thordo's Avatar
Thordo Thordo is offline
Vendor/Retailer
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South San Francisco
Posts: 3,413
iTrader: 25 / 100%
Default

btt
Reply With Quote
  #150  
Old 04-13-2010, 8:05 AM
mushrew mushrew is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 92
iTrader: 10 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminyfixit View Post
Great product. Excellent service and response. I installed mine a little higher up the Pmag to allow room for the cover plate. Here's a pic.
ha i didn't even know the cover plates could attach to the bottom

free bump for a great product
Reply With Quote
  #151  
Old 04-14-2010, 3:10 PM
Thordo's Avatar
Thordo Thordo is offline
Vendor/Retailer
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South San Francisco
Posts: 3,413
iTrader: 25 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mushrew View Post
ha i didn't even know the cover plates could attach to the bottom

free bump for a great product
Neither did I but it made for some more quick prototyping.

Thordo
Reply With Quote
  #152  
Old 04-14-2010, 5:19 PM
doughboy334's Avatar
doughboy334 doughboy334 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: South San Francisco
Posts: 2,054
iTrader: 65 / 100%
Default

Hey Thordo could I stop by on Friday and could I pay you to machine my four 10 rounders?
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpach View Post
Just do what M Sage and others have said to do, they know what theyr talkin about. Just dont urinate in your barrel and expect ur rifle to be ok. My buddy and I recently went shooting and he shot corrosive yugo ammo through his Mosin and figured he could just piss in the barrel and call it a day. Several days later the bolt was rusted shut but I guess the fouling wasnt TOO bad.
Reply With Quote
  #153  
Old 04-14-2010, 8:01 PM
Thordo's Avatar
Thordo Thordo is offline
Vendor/Retailer
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South San Francisco
Posts: 3,413
iTrader: 25 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboy334 View Post
Hey Thordo could I stop by on Friday and could I pay you to machine my four 10 rounders?
Sure!! I'll be leaving at around 3PM on Friday so any time before that is fine.

Thordo
Reply With Quote
  #154  
Old 04-16-2010, 7:40 AM
Thordo's Avatar
Thordo Thordo is offline
Vendor/Retailer
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South San Francisco
Posts: 3,413
iTrader: 25 / 100%
Default

btt
Reply With Quote
  #155  
Old 04-16-2010, 12:51 PM
doughboy334's Avatar
doughboy334 doughboy334 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: South San Francisco
Posts: 2,054
iTrader: 65 / 100%
Default

Hey Thordo looks like I won't be able to come in today anymore!
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpach View Post
Just do what M Sage and others have said to do, they know what theyr talkin about. Just dont urinate in your barrel and expect ur rifle to be ok. My buddy and I recently went shooting and he shot corrosive yugo ammo through his Mosin and figured he could just piss in the barrel and call it a day. Several days later the bolt was rusted shut but I guess the fouling wasnt TOO bad.
Reply With Quote
  #156  
Old 04-16-2010, 4:48 PM
Grumpyoldretiredcop's Avatar
Grumpyoldretiredcop Grumpyoldretiredcop is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Escape tunnel successful!
Posts: 5,783
iTrader: 117 / 100%
Default

Picked up a set at the Vallejo show, didn't think about the Raddlock's smaller hole. Took the plastic covers, screwed them onto one of the screws, used a drill and file as an improvised lathe and turned 'em down until they fit far enough into the Raddlock to operate the mag release. Guess you could say I made my own "Kit C".

Also discovered that if you're left handed, mounting the tool on the lower rear spine of the magazine works better. It allows you to get a proper grip on the mags in the pouch (gripping the bottom front of the mag, index finger extended along the front spine of the mag) and use the tool to release the magazine in the weapon, then insert the fresh mag without shifting your grip.
__________________
I'm retired. That's right, retired. I don't want to hear about the cop who stopped you today or how you didn't think you should get a ticket. That just makes me grumpy!
Reply With Quote
  #157  
Old 04-16-2010, 8:41 PM
Thordo's Avatar
Thordo Thordo is offline
Vendor/Retailer
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South San Francisco
Posts: 3,413
iTrader: 25 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpyoldretiredcop View Post
Picked up a set at the Vallejo show, didn't think about the Raddlock's smaller hole. Took the plastic covers, screwed them onto one of the screws, used a drill and file as an improvised lathe and turned 'em down until they fit far enough into the Raddlock to operate the mag release. Guess you could say I made my own "Kit C".

Also discovered that if you're left handed, mounting the tool on the lower rear spine of the magazine works better. It allows you to get a proper grip on the mags in the pouch (gripping the bottom front of the mag, index finger extended along the front spine of the mag) and use the tool to release the magazine in the weapon, then insert the fresh mag without shifting your grip.
Hi Grumpyoldretiredcop,
Did you buy them from me or one of the other sellers at the show? Post some pics of your install. It sounds like something I'd wanna test.

Thordo
Reply With Quote
  #158  
Old 04-16-2010, 8:58 PM
Grumpyoldretiredcop's Avatar
Grumpyoldretiredcop Grumpyoldretiredcop is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Escape tunnel successful!
Posts: 5,783
iTrader: 117 / 100%
Default

One of the other sellers, I think (against the left wall as viewed from the show entrance). Here's pics.



__________________
I'm retired. That's right, retired. I don't want to hear about the cop who stopped you today or how you didn't think you should get a ticket. That just makes me grumpy!

Last edited by Grumpyoldretiredcop; 04-16-2010 at 9:14 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #159  
Old 04-18-2010, 7:22 AM
Thordo's Avatar
Thordo Thordo is offline
Vendor/Retailer
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South San Francisco
Posts: 3,413
iTrader: 25 / 100%
Default

Excellent adaptation. You are truly an expert at the drill chuck lathe.

Thordo
Reply With Quote
  #160  
Old 04-19-2010, 2:21 PM
Thordo's Avatar
Thordo Thordo is offline
Vendor/Retailer
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South San Francisco
Posts: 3,413
iTrader: 25 / 100%
Default

btt
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:21 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2016, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.