Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Southern California Chapters > San Diego Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2017, 1:49 PM
CGSSA Associate

Default Summer Night Shoot event June 17, 2017. Location Changed!

Updated information about event!
To all of our Volunteers and Supporters,
RE: Summer Nights Shoot and Clean up event.
June 17,2017
Due to unfortunate circumstances, man made and natural, our event Summer Nights (06/17/17) has been postponed.
Our original location known as Pink Gate recently had a fire started in the area that is currently under investigation by CalFire. This led to pressure to close San Diego and Riverside counties to recreational shooting a few weeks earlier than expected. There were also other concerns that were raised about the original location by different government agencies. Hopefully we will be able to schedule a large clean up of the Pink Gate area in the near future. We are currently working with different agencies, organizations, and the local community to try and come to a solution that will be beneficial to all involved.
Our secondary location:
We were going to try and have a low light shoot out in Imperial County on Saturday 06/17/17 from 5:00-10:00PM. But there is an unexpected heat wave that will make it very hot (115+ degrees!) in the location we were planning to go to. Because of the long travel time, and excessive heat, we decided to postpone the shooting event until a later date. We will be working on finding a suitable location to have our low light shoot, along with all the other portions of our originally planned event. This is along with our currently planned meet and greets and informational events.
As an Alternative plan for Saturday June 17,2017 we will be meeting at Poway Weapons and Gear Range in Poway California at 5:00PM. We will quickly discuss recent events, and future plans. Then we will have some fun and shoot at the range. If you would like to come, please contact us at 619-715-9005, mike@sdmust.com, or post on the SDMust Facebook page event, by 11:00Am Saturday! If we get a confirmed number of people, we can get a group discount on range fees. Otherwise it is $22 for the first shooter, and $11 for each additional shooter per lane.
Thank you for all of your support and hopefully we will see you at the range.
Sincerely,
M.R. Johnson
Director/Lead Planner
SDMust
www.sdmust.com

The event is called Summer Nights 2017. It will be the the first public night shoot hosted here in San Diego County. There will be free classes, food truck, vendors,giveaways and raffles.
There will also be a three gun style course set up with prizes for the selected winners. Pre sale tickets available for $35 or $45 with shirt (please note shirt size in details box) all tickets and raffle purchases are tax deductible.
The event will start at 5:00PM on Saturday June 17th, it will continue into the evening with classes and some night shooting. After the cease fire for the evening, camping will be available adjacent to the event. We will then have a free shoot Sunday morning,followed by our organized clean up from
7:00 AM-12:00PM. There will be a dumpster supplied where we can throw all the trash we collect.

In addition, there is free camping adjacent to the shooting event with more prizes and classes after the sun goes down. In the morning there will be open morning shooting, then a large organized clean up of the whole area. Proceeds from the event will go to defending your gun rights in California and to local clean up efforts.

Vendor and Sponsor information available: please feel free to contact socalshootinginfo@gmail.com
or www.sdmust.com

To rsvp for the event, please contact me , or use the contact info above.
Space may be limited, so please rsvp as soon as you can.

The location will be provided once you RSVP. It is approximately 40 minutes from downtown San Diego.

Updates :
Camping is Free
Open shooting and clean up is free on Sunday
Pre sale tickets are to reserve a spot at the event of Saturday.
There is a separate raffle, classes, and prizes for those that stay and clean.

Last edited by sdfire; 06-16-2017 at 4:48 PM.. Reason: updates
Old 04-05-2017, 1:50 PM
CGSSA Associate

saved for updates.
If anything changes I will update here .
Old 04-17-2017, 10:10 AM
CGSSA Associate

Things are moving along for the event in June. Once we have all the vendors and sponsors lined up, we will post them here and will have a tshirt designed.
Please contact me if you would like to volunteer for the clean up on Sunday the 18th. Otherwise let me know if you need more info about the events on Saturday .
Old 04-17-2017, 4:08 PM
CGSSA Associate

PM incoming.
Old 04-26-2017, 10:28 PM
CGSSA Associate

Sorry I haven't updated in a while . Had a case of appendicitis , plus all the fun that goes with that. Things are still moving forward for June . We are looking into getting some volunteers in May to possibly help mitigate the fire danger in some of our San Diego spots . There should be a way.
Old 06-16-2017, 4:48 PM
CGSSA Associate

To all of our Volunteers and Supporters,
RE: Summer Nights Shoot and Clean up event.
June 17,2017
Due to unfortunate circumstances, man made and natural, our event Summer Nights (06/17/17) has been postponed.
Our original location known as Pink Gate recently had a fire started in the area that is currently under investigation by CalFire. This led to pressure to close San Diego and Riverside counties to recreational shooting a few weeks earlier than expected. There were also other concerns that were raised about the original location by different government agencies. Hopefully we will be able to schedule a large clean up of the Pink Gate area in the near future. We are currently working with different agencies, organizations, and the local community to try and come to a solution that will be beneficial to all involved.
Our secondary location:
We were going to try and have a low light shoot out in Imperial County on Saturday 06/17/17 from 5:00-10:00PM. But there is an unexpected heat wave that will make it very hot (115+ degrees!) in the location we were planning to go to. Because of the long travel time, and excessive heat, we decided to postpone the shooting event until a later date. We will be working on finding a suitable location to have our low light shoot, along with all the other portions of our originally planned event. This is along with our currently planned meet and greets and informational events.
As an Alternative plan for Saturday June 17,2017 we will be meeting at Poway Weapons and Gear Range in Poway California at 5:00PM. We will quickly discuss recent events, and future plans. Then we will have some fun and shoot at the range. If you would like to come, please contact us at 619-715-9005, mike@sdmust.com, or post on the SDMust Facebook page event, by 11:00Am Saturday! If we get a confirmed number of people, we can get a group discount on range fees. Otherwise it is $22 for the first shooter, and $11 for each additional shooter per lane.
Thank you for all of your support and hopefully we will see you at the range.
Sincerely,
M.R. Johnson
Director/Lead Planner
SDMust
www.sdmust.com