Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Northern California Chapters
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2016, 12:57 PM

Default SoCalgunner Moving to Sunnyvale Area

Hello,

It seems very likely that I will be moving from SoCal to NorCal in the Sunnyvale area. This is due to a job change. Therefore, I am seeking advice and suggestions from fellow NorCalgunners for the following questions:

1. Where is the closest and friendliest FFL?
2. Any FFL in the area that performs SSE 2.0 on virgin 1911/2011 frames and able to SSE 2.0 on an AR pistol lower?
3. Where to shoot? I prefer outdoor shooting facility.
4. Any recommended apt complexes to rent in the Sunnyvale area?
5. Recommend places to eat.
6. Anything unique about NorCal with respect to guns that I need to be aware of?

Thanks for all your help. I appreciate it very much.
Old 03-07-2016, 7:21 PM

I go to the Los Altos Rod and Gun Club. It's a nice place to shoot outdoors.

For restaurants, I like Dusita, Athena Cafe, DishDash, and Kotetsu, but I live outside Sunnyvale, so I don't know many places in the city.
Old 03-12-2016, 7:36 PM

There's a bunch of shops within 30 Mins Of That area. Other ffls are Rogers relics, rmb enterprises.

Sunnyvale rod and gun and los altos rod and gun for outdoor, reed's and targetmast for indoor

Sunnyvale has a local ban on hicaps

Yelp for restaurants, lots of diversity in that area
Old 03-18-2016, 11:04 AM

Thanks to all who responded. I really appreciate the information.
Old 03-18-2016, 11:11 AM
Vendor/Retailer

No high cap mags.
Old 03-31-2016, 12:10 AM

Another outdoor range to check out would be Metcalf:

https://www.sccgov.org/sites/parks/p...orts-Park.aspx
Old 03-31-2016, 11:02 PM

The nearby town of Alvisio is an old Bay port town next to sunnyvale, check out Maria Elena's for excellent Mexican food. Cam Hung in Sunnyvale proper for delicious banh mi sandwhiches. Reeds and Gun Vault are where I go for FFLs in those parts. Stay away from Target Masters unless you want to experience the longest paper work process of your life. TM have somehow invented more paper work that I've never seen before in my life. Average PPT there takes 1.5 to 2 hours to complete paper work.

Good luck with your move!
Old 03-31-2016, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazi View Post
Hello,

It seems very likely that I will be moving from SoCal to NorCal in the Sunnyvale area. This is due to a job change. Therefore, I am seeking advice and suggestions from fellow NorCalgunners for the following questions:

1. Where is the closest and friendliest FFL?
2. Any FFL in the area that performs SSE 2.0 on virgin 1911/2011 frames and able to SSE 2.0 on an AR pistol lower?
3. Where to shoot? I prefer outdoor shooting facility.
4. Any recommended apt complexes to rent in the Sunnyvale area?
5. Recommend places to eat.
6. Anything unique about NorCal with respect to guns that I need to be aware of?

Thanks for all your help. I appreciate it very much.
1. I goto Bay Area Gun Vault in Mountain View, Reeds Indoor Range, and Sunnyvale Firearms Co

2. I'm guessing the only FFLs that will do tricky SSE 2.0 are stuff down further in San Jose like Metal Dog Tactical but there are some threads on here somewhere regarding such

3. I prefer Sunnyvale Rod & Gun club down by the Stevens Creek Reservoir. Its a smaller range, with only maybe 12 rifle lanes and 10 pistol so you either show up 30min before opening, or right around 12:30pm when people leave for lunch. else you're sitting around waiting...

For sporting clays, skeet, trap i go down to Coyote Valley Sporting Clays in Morgan Hill. About a 35 minute drive but a really fun course

4. Apt Complexes are getting expensive out here, depends entirely on your price range really. It seems you can get cheaper Apts where the less desireable school district lines are, often north of el camino real

5. what do you like to eat? Mountain View, Sunnyvale, Palo Alto all have great spots to eat and lots of food choices

6. As mentioned previously, sunnyvale bans standard cap mags and repair kit parts. if you have rebuild kits, store them in a locker somewhere out of the city