Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Northern California Chapters
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-2010, 7:51 PM
CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
CGN Contributor

ok for some reason thought i had already posted in this thread, but i guess not...

I'm Peter, been on Calguns for about a year now. live in SE Fresno. i work for a chemical distribution company, not sure how much good that does the firearms community, save that i'm probably part of just about every database the DOJ has out there LOL. i'm a single parent w/ custody of my 8 year old son, his mom just moved to Baltimore (and i thought our gun laws were bad!). i'm pretty much willing to help out wherever i can. i'm one of those "decent at a lot of things, expert at none" kind of guy when it comes to working around a shop etc. need help with spreadsheets? i'm your man lol.

couldn't make the shoot-n-que due to my son's swim meet, but looking forward to meeting some of you at the next available opportunity.
Old 11-30-2010, 10:02 PM

Joel. I'm from fresno. I am a marksman and love to ghillie up and go scouting in the wilderness
Old 12-24-2010, 8:23 AM

Cliff. I reside in Bakersfield, and I enjoy the outdoors and want to get more familiar with weapons and I enjoy the wilderness. I'm looking into rucking and enjoying the outdoors more.

@ Joel, ghillie'n up and scoutin' sounds like an awesome hobby.
Old 12-25-2010, 12:44 PM

I am in Weaverville up in Trinity County former Navy Corpsman and working as Charge Nurse and am also an AR-15 builder.
Old 01-04-2011, 6:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmachmp View Post
I am in Weaverville up in Trinity County former Navy Corpsman and working as Charge Nurse and am also an AR-15 builder.
I grew up in Weaverville and still have family there. Are you an FFL, or just a hobby builder?
Old 01-05-2011, 10:42 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Doug from Visalia. I work as a K9 handler for a local law enforcement agency. I enjoy shooting, road/drag racing, street rods and dog training. Goals for this year include becoming a Glock/1911/AR15 armorer.
“Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.”
― Ronald Reagan
Old 01-10-2011, 4:59 AM

Sebass from Reedley area, put Cen Cal cause I work in the Fresno area. New Glock 19 owner and member of the Range Pistol club in Fresno.
Old 01-12-2011, 1:37 AM

Hey guys I'm Jake

I'm 21 and from Long Beach. I'm currently going to school at Fresno State and live in the NE Fresno area. I don't own any guns yet but I am about to make my first purchase either a Glock 17 or the XD in 9mm
Old 01-21-2011, 11:07 PM

I'm in Livingston/Atwater. If this is the right place then hello all! I make stocks and am a blacksmith/bladesmith who dabbles in forged/tempered gun parts
Old 01-22-2011, 1:52 AM
Banned

Whoah, I haven't checked this thread in a bit, lots of new guys...welcome. We've got two pretty big deals coming up in the next few weeks that I think are more or less spectacular: A CalGuns booth at the Ag Expo in Tulare and an AK Build Party.

The threads for both of those topics are in this current thread's forum "Southern Central Valley Community Chapter", just click on the link for it at the top of the thread.

And check out the Social Group (link in my signature block), where you're free to discuss pretty much anything (within the CGN.net rules) pertaining to events/locations around here.
Old 01-30-2011, 9:56 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Tehachapi chiming in,

22 years of electrical contracting, can pretty much repair anything including computers, networks and phone systems. Own things like tractors, medium trucks and trailers. No airplanes or helicopters but I took a flying lesson once. Entire family can clear a 25m "red coat" with no problem.

Let me know how I can help!
Old 01-30-2011, 7:33 PM

Hi all, I've been in Fresno/Clovis for all 41 years of my life. As my screen name states I do security alarm systems, security cameras, Access control systems and speaker/home theater wiring. Just had a close family member get her FFL so my collection will soon be growing. My dad used to have a Cessna 210, those were some fun days.
Old 02-01-2011, 12:42 AM

My name is Brian and I have lived in Fresno most of my life. I am a Plant Engineer by trade but have some extensive Photoshop skills and design work. Pretty handy with computers and networking, but mostly Mac now days. I only have a 22 my father-in-law gave me and a new MP 45 my wife just bought me. Since my trade is fixing and repairing things, I can't wait to start building on an AR.
Old 02-02-2011, 7:55 PM

Ray here live in Madera and work around the valley.
I work as a handyman for the government and I fix and repair pretty much anything that needs to be fixed.
I got my Home made name bcause I build my own rifles and pistols and reload my own ammo.
I enjoy making my own stuff.
Also work off and on in a full service gunshop for a good friend who is probably 1 of the best gunsmiths in california.
Old 02-05-2011, 1:26 PM

Dave - Big Pine, CA

Today is my first day as a Calgun's member but I've been lurking here for years. I got my first M1A last year and I plan to build my first Cali legal AR this year. I am an electrician and enjoy shooting, hunting, hiking and reading.

I am very appreciative of the efforts that so many people have put into the Calguns organization, let me know if there is anything that I can do to help.
Old 02-08-2011, 2:49 PM

Name: Terry

Just a run of the mill 30-something guy who used to drive long haul but got tired of the lonely road. Currently working at a local movie theater and trying not to fall asleep out of boredom.
Old 02-08-2011, 4:26 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Eric, Modesto, Photography!

Last edited by bentnbroken; 02-08-2011 at 4:27 PM.. Reason: add name
Old 02-10-2011, 8:54 PM

Checking in from Bakersfield.
Work in IT.
I have a sight pusher for the Sig Pxxx-series if anyone local needs one.
Old 02-12-2011, 3:48 PM

Brandan: Tulare, CA born and raised, moved north to Davis/Sacramento for a total of 8 years. I''ve got no special talents as far as firearms go, but I did stay at a holiday inn express last night!

(not really, but I am a high school math teacher and love introducing as many people as possible to firearms and instructing them in safe gun-handling procedures and basic technique)
Old 02-17-2011, 4:14 AM

Location: Where everyone wants to live, the USA. I am in Cali.

Bakersfield.
Old 02-20-2011, 6:28 PM

Hey, Jeff here from Clovis and I'm pretty good with a bow staff. Actually, that's not true. I am a LE helicopter pilot (seems to be a common theme in this thread) and a firearms instructor for my department. I have a small collection including a couple of pre-ban (2000) AR's, my favorite being a Colt CAR-A3. I'm getting more into rimfire now, upgrading my 10/22 and adding a .17HMR to the collection very soon. I'm trying my hand at reloading now too.

Good to meet everyone. Seems like a really diverse group.
Old 02-20-2011, 6:52 PM

My name is Darin. I am a 33 year old medically retired police officer. My talents as far as firearms go?...Uh, I'm one heluva rimfire reloader who specializes in those death bullets I keep hearing so much about.

I've been shooting trap and clays for about 20 years. I was a defensive tactics instructor for my department and did a lot of combat shooting with shotgun and handgun. I pretty much love anything that goes bang or anything with a bigblock.

Darin
Old 03-05-2011, 1:04 PM

Hey guys, I'm Nick. Born and raised in Fresno. Spent some time in the Navy, and have been in the trucking/transportation industry for the last 12 years. I get my first handgun out of jail on the 12th, and can't wait to get some range time. I was lucky enough to pick up a new Glock 17 with night sights.

My 14 year old daughter is also interested in learning about guns, and how to shoot. So I got her a S&W Sigma 9mm. It's should be great spending time with her, and shooting at the same time !!

I look forward to the next get-together
Old 03-09-2011, 5:40 PM

Dave here I am third generation born in Fresno County. I was in manufacturing for over 30 years till 911. Now I am a license gunsmith enjoying life.

Dave

Web site: http://gunsmithing1.tripod.com/ Email at gunsmithing@live.com
Our focus is working on your firearms, We do not engage sales or transfer of firearms.
Gunshop and Gunsmith Services Pricing
Other interest web site in Fresno Clovis CA
http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/southbendlathe9/

Any posting of mine are not legal advice, which can only be given by a Attorney.

Old 03-09-2011, 10:31 PM

Default I'm here too!

Hello all!

Kong here in Fresno. I'm really starting to make Calguns a regular visit at least 2-3 times a day! Guess you can call me a 1911, AR15 nut! Problem is there are so many to get it'll take me a lifetime. Oh but so much fun trying.
Old 03-10-2011, 6:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greasemonkey View Post
Yeah there are a lot of members from the South Valley on here, a lot are active in IDPA, IPSC & 3-gun matches, too. I think we're long overdue for a Calguns shoot'n'que at 5 Dogs.
Yes we are!
Old 03-10-2011, 9:52 AM
Banned

Arrow Shoot'n'Que Discussion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by greasemonkey View Post
Yeah there are a lot of members from the South Valley on here, a lot are active in IDPA, IPSC & 3-gun matches, too. I think we're long overdue for a Calguns shoot'n'que at 5 Dogs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeDoug2000 View Post
Yes we are!
Attention everyone in this thread: We're discussing the planning of a Shoot'n'Que in the Social Group (direct link to discussion, click here). April and May have been suggested, 5 Dogs, Panoche and a few other locations have been suggested, please see the discussion and give us your feedback.
Old 04-02-2011, 1:07 PM

Fresno
Old 04-14-2011, 4:34 PM

Nick, Bakersfield. I currently work as a prison nurse.
Old 04-18-2011, 3:37 PM

John from Merced. I work Line-Service in General Aviation. AF Vet and former Firefighter.
Old 04-20-2011, 4:46 PM

Mike from Bakersfield
Correctional Officer

I seem to be off duty more than I'm on due to injuries and such. That's where the name "offdutyalot" came from. I'm getting back into recreational shooting after a few years of not being able to due to pain. I love Glocks. I also prefer to shoot my rifles open sighted. Scopes make me feel confined unless I'm taking an extremely long shot.
Old 04-22-2011, 6:56 AM

I also lay my head in Visalia. I am a Toolmaker/Machinist, father, & proud American! Motorcycles keep me somewhat sane, ride every chance I get. I make LOTS a motorcycle parts in my spare time, flat track and street bike parts mostly. I recently got an AK kit and hope to attend the next build party in June if I could get some questions answered.

I have machined helicopter parts, make beer, and drink scotch whiskey!
But usually not at the same time.
Old 04-22-2011, 7:08 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by menez View Post
I also lay my head in Visalia. I am a Toolmaker/Machinist, father, & proud American! Motorcycles keep me somewhat sane, ride every chance I get. I make LOTS a motorcycle parts in my spare time, flat track and street bike parts mostly. I recently got an AK kit and hope to attend the next build party in June if I could get some questions answered.

I have machined helicopter parts, make beer, and drink scotch whiskey!
But usually not at the same time.
Welcome from another Visalian!

Swyped from my htc Evo using Tapatalk.
“Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.”
― Ronald Reagan
Old 05-29-2011, 3:05 PM

Default TH3DAN

Bakersfield. Family has been in town for a bit now. Shooting mostly pistols, XD and XDm soon.
Old 05-29-2011, 7:46 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TH3DAN View Post
Bakersfield. Family has been in town for a bit now. Shooting mostly pistols, XD and XDm soon.
Welcome!

Swyped from my htc Evo using Tapatalk.
― Ronald Reagan
Old 06-05-2011, 7:22 PM

I've lived in Bakersfield for about 20 years. I'm self employed as an independent paralegal (We the People) doing work primarily in the areas of family law, probate, guardianships, conservatorships, adoptions and bankruptcy. After shooting black powder for a number of years I've returned to modern firearms and particularly handguns. Most recent acquisitions include 2 SS Kimber 1911's and a Kahr PM9. CCW holder. Willing to help in any area for which I'm called upon.
Old 06-09-2011, 8:08 AM

Fresno here!
Ok, I don't have a helicopter, or a place to land one. But they fly over my area occasionally. (near Fresno State) anyway, I'm Chet an engraver/sign maker/graphic designer by trade for the last 20 hrs. Hobbies are shooting as of the last year, fishing, boating, off-road racing, drag racing, VW mechanic (air-cooled), camping. Would love to start hunting.
Let me know if any of that could be helpful to calguns.
Old 06-16-2011, 6:35 AM
Banned

Haha, I just now saw this. Don't worry, may not be the DOJ, just the BATFE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterabbits View Post
ok for some reason thought i had already posted in this thread, but i guess not...

I'm Peter, been on Calguns for about a year now. live in SE Fresno. i work for a chemical distribution company, not sure how much good that does the firearms community, save that i'm probably part of just about every database the DOJ has out there LOL. i'm a single parent w/ custody of my 8 year old son, his mom just moved to Baltimore (and i thought our gun laws were bad!). i'm pretty much willing to help out wherever i can. i'm one of those "decent at a lot of things, expert at none" kind of guy when it comes to working around a shop etc. need help with spreadsheets? i'm your man lol.

couldn't make the shoot-n-que due to my son's swim meet, but looking forward to meeting some of you at the next available opportunity.

Lots of new guys signing up around Fresno/Lemoore, check the "New to Calguns? Check Here First!" sub-forum and say hello.

And we have a Social Group, a section for starting discussions about anything pertaining to our local communities.

Old 06-30-2011, 1:23 PM

Huh, just checked this thread after seeing some new adds and did not even realise that I was not in it!

I am Dane from Baksersfield. Just graduated college and waiting to go back in the Fall to continue. You will see me at 5 Dogs almost every weekend shooting the Sporting Clays course with my team (not too serious though) or on the rifle line (probably the only guy on the line not using the bench the whole time). Or at the Ole Boy Outdoors indoor range (buy a membership, you will love it) in town. If you are ever around, look for the guy with a WOA or Lapua shirt and hat.

For the Learned Rifleman
Old 08-03-2011, 7:30 AM

GunJournalist in the Antelope Valley. =)

i like journalism critiquing everything for the paper shooting for fun, hunting and fishing, and being the best college student i can be.