Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Technology and Internet
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Technology and Internet Emerging and current tech related issues. Internet, DRM, IP, and other technology related discussions.

Old 01-17-2010, 6:19 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Default Wireless cell phone carrier

Ok so whats the best plan. Im paying 100$ a month right now for basic phone for me and my wife family plan ATT. just got done with my two year service.
I called and they said I dont have to sign another two years unless I want free phones. My wife wants to text. So basically Im looking for a phone and text pic stuff maybe data plan ( data plan for my phone) but phone text for sure for two phones for 100$ or less.
Any of you guys a ATT or verizone/cell phone guy?
Old 01-17-2010, 7:33 PM
Prawn Lives Matter
CGN Contributor

I see that Metro PCS has an unlimited $40 a month for there local, long distance, and text service.
I'm also a AT&T customer and I pay over $100 a month for basic service with text for my son and I. The only thing that keeps me from making the jump is I still have 5 months to go on the 2 year deal. I'm going to look into buying out of the agreement and weighing the savings of the new plan. Is anyone using the Metro now and how's it working out? -g
Old 01-17-2010, 7:47 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Was thinking about metro PCS but I hear theire very very limited in service areas
Old 01-17-2010, 9:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob454 View Post
Was thinking about metro PCS but I hear theire very very limited in service areas
thats not true, i took my metro pcs phone up to medford oregon and unbelivable worked the whole way. i also have a blackberry At&t smartphone if interested
Old 01-17-2010, 9:34 PM

The MetroPCS plan sounds almost too good to be true, any other MetroPCS users care to chime in? How is the coverage in socal?
Old 01-18-2010, 4:06 AM

Watch T-mobile for some huge price drops.

I'm currently using a mix of T-mobile and Skype. Saved me quite a few $$
Old 01-18-2010, 4:36 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgmoe View Post
The MetroPCS plan sounds almost too good to be true, any other MetroPCS users care to chime in? How is the coverage in socal?
you serious? Well I guess lisening to a ATT or a Verizon rep about how bad metro is probably is not the best place to get my info LOL
but I had a few people ( not salesmen) say Metro PCS has bad service. I may look into it.
Old 01-18-2010, 10:42 AM

I pay $110/month for 3 phones, 700 shared minutes, and unlimited text/picture/video messaging (to anybody.) Most of the people I call are on Verizon, which is why my minutes are so little, and we hardly ever use half of that.

Their call quality/coverage beat ATT in the real world. Verizon is getting the iphone in the summer, if you want that.

Just watch out though, some new phones have a plan where you need a data/internet package.

I have a verizon "razzle" (idk where they come up with these names) and it has a keyboard that twists out, and is a music phone. Battery lasts 4-5 days without a charge. The other phone I had, was the Dare, and I loved that thing, full touch screen, GREAT camera, and battery lasted about a week.

Customer service is great with them too! You can email them and they'll adjust your account if possible, without you having to call them.
Old 01-19-2010, 10:36 PM
Banned

Rob if you have any question please feel free to PM me .. I am a Sprint/AT&T agent but also familiar with Verizons plans
Old 01-20-2010, 10:03 AM

Default Which plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by caoboy View Post
I pay $110/month for 3 phones, 700 shared minutes, and unlimited text/picture/video messaging (to anybody.) Most of the people I call are on Verizon, which is why my minutes are so little, and we hardly ever use half of that.

Which plan do you have for 3 lines for $110? We have 4 lines , and it's $200

Quote:

The other phone I had, was the Dare, and I loved that thing, full touch screen, GREAT camera, and battery lasted about a week.

Customer service is great with them too! You can email them and they'll adjust your account if possible, without you having to call them.
Yeah, love the Dare. Too bad Verizon has it hobbled, so it isn't the iPhone killer it could have been

OK, I'll give it a try.

Thanks!

=Marcel
Old 01-20-2010, 11:59 AM

I don't know, it was a shared plan, and it was a cheap as I could get it. I have a 20% discount through my work also, so it'd be like 132 if I didn't have the discount.
Old 01-20-2010, 1:28 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_natterjack View Post
Watch T-mobile for some huge price drops.
Can you advise more on that? Anything to look at online about this coming?

The moment the idea is admitted into society, that property is not as sacred as the laws of God, and that there is not a force of law and public justice to protect it, anarchy and tyranny commence.' and that `Property is surely a right of mankind as real as liberty.'
- John Adams

http://www.usdebtclock.org/
Old 01-20-2010, 3:49 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Well i stuck it out with ATT. I got my plan adjusted cause i never went over 450 minutes. i barely used 200 anytime minutes. so I dropped that to 450 minutes with roll over, got a i phone and data plan for 20 $ more and then got my wife text for 5$ total of 75$ a month. Im gonna work on the house phone also
Old 01-20-2010, 3:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odysseus View Post
Can you advise more on that? Anything to look at online about this coming?
See the post after me . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowracer View Post
I noticed that AT&T and Verizon have both dropped prices on unlimited-talk contracts this morning.
I've read a couple of articles online that a price drop is coming soon. T-mobile is the last cell company to drop prices.

Brian
Old 01-20-2010, 4:03 PM

call them up and tell them you want to cancel 1 of the 2 lines.
they'd ask you why. Say they're too expensive. They'd try to keep
you and offer you cheaper unlisted plans.

If that doesn't work, switch.
Old 01-20-2010, 4:25 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Score.
I jsut dropped my house phone line to 30$ a month Same package bundle and they dropped it 13$. So i went from a 150 $ a month combined cell and house phone to a 105 $ bill. not bad for 20 minutes worth of time on the phone. I like ATT. if the boneheads at Time Warner would of done the same with their bundle package ( When they raised the price from 100 to 140$ for TV phone and internet) i woudl of stayed. glad I left that sinking ship