Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calgunners in Service
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calgunners in Service This forum is a place for our active duty and deployed members to share, request and have a bit of home where ever they are.

Old 01-08-2010, 8:37 AM
Calguns Addict

Default Highly Motivated...

I don't understand why no one believes me when I tell them I joined the Air Force because I like the planes.

Highly motivated, truly dedicated, we like it, we love it, we want more of it, hoorah!

Last edited by tacticalcity; 01-08-2010 at 8:41 AM..
Old 02-15-2010, 4:13 PM

Way back when I was considering enlistment, I was in and out of the recruiter's office pretty regularly and it came down to making PT since I was in pretty dough-y shape.

One day recruiter says we're going to go work out together so bring in my tennies and gym shorts. We meet up and he introduces me to a smoking-hot female acquaintance of his, decked out in spandex and being very friendly toward me. We hop in his jeep and the sergeant drives us to the local running track. He tells her to take off running and stands there with me for a minute, then says to me "Okay, catch her."

Jump ahead a few weeks and I'm shipping off to Fort Sill. Guess it was dumb of me to choose 13B, since there were no females in combat arms.
Old 02-15-2010, 4:32 PM

Very nice!
Old 02-20-2010, 6:32 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Back in the day in the USN 1974... Aw Hell, wished I was young again!

Boycott Guns Fishing & Other Stuff in Vacaville!

Tis better to have Trolled & lost, Than to never have Trolled, at all.

Member: NRA, CRPA, IDPA, Diablo Rod & Gun, Local 39
Old 02-23-2010, 11:28 AM
Veteran Member

I know about "Don't ask, Don't tell" but is there a "Don't Touch" clause as well? (or is that just at off-base strip-clubs)
Old 02-23-2010, 2:17 PM
Calguns Addict

I realize you're kidding, but I'll answer anyway. On duty, no PDA (public displays of affection). No dating a coworker. No dating officers and vice versa. Other than that, there are no rules. Date who you want. Broke the no officers and no coworkers one a few times, usually tried my best not to. Accidentally broke the non-official no wives of coworkers rule. Those military wives can be pretty scandalous. This woman knew who I was, and lied to me about who she was. Screwed me because she was mad at her husband and wanted to throw it his face. She made sure all our coworkers found out about. I felt terrible about it. Guy still thinks his youngest daughter is mine, despite the blood test. The wives being nuts was one of the reasons I got out. Didn't want to end up with a wife like the one's my buddies were stuck with. There were lots of great women married to servicemen. Just a lot higher ratio of sketchy ones compared to civilian life. Something about military men appeals to the psycho chicks. Turns out it would not have mattered. I still attract the crazies, hence I am not married. You can take the man out of the military, but you can't take the military out of the man.

Last edited by tacticalcity; 02-23-2010 at 2:19 PM..
Old 02-26-2010, 2:16 AM

#3....hottie and a mini gun. Can't get any better.

And tacticalcity is right. I never met so many crazy wives while in the Corps. Friggin' psycho. Luckily my ex wasn't psycho, just a beeeazy.

Deputy Vu Nguyen #1427 EOW 12/19/07