Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Technology and Internet
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Technology and Internet Emerging and current tech related issues. Internet, DRM, IP, and other technology related discussions.

Old 01-22-2010, 3:59 PM
Banned

Iphone 4 seems like a forgone conclusion for next week - they almost have to to slow the Android train down a bit, most analysts agree with this.

One person I know says the specs will be revealed for sure, the hardware "may" there is some glitches apparently to be worked on still.

Apple stating that the new phone will have a cdma compatible chip or LTE or HSDPA + makes no promises but I expect them to say they are coming to VZW

Personally I traded up and got a droid - f the iphone I can make calls from my netbook on google voice too and all the other standard features. matter of fact I think I'm going to use my mac for target practice tommorrow.
Old 01-25-2010, 2:49 PM
Calguns Addict

some fun new "rumors" just 2 days out

Verizon is timing one of its retail manager briefings in what could be a sign of a partnership with Apple, an inside scoop claims. The carrier normally has a briefing early on in a quarter to "kick off" the season and detail future devices but has put this quarter's meeting on the 27th, the same day as Apple's special event. Moreover, the company is also asking managers to watch a "live webcast" that will start at 1PM Eastern, the same time as Apple is set to begin its presentation at the Yerba Buena Center.
A chance exists that the timing is coincidental, but it comes on the back of numerous rumors of talks for Verizon 3G on a tablet and less certain talk of a Verizon iPhone. Either may depend on using dual-mode chipsets from Qualcomm that could provide 3G and (on the iPhone) calling for both AT&T and Verizon.
Old 01-27-2010, 10:51 AM
Calguns Addict

did not get announced today with the killer new iPad