Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated > Semiauto Rifles Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Semiauto Rifles Gallery Post pictures of your rifles and carbines here!

Old 12-07-2011, 6:27 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdrcr View Post
You guys running Battlecomps on your "featureless" builds sure seem like you're playing a risky game with your freedom and livelihood.

The CA DOJ states that:

(b) “flash suppressor” means any device that reduces or conceals the visible light or flash created when a firearm is fired. This definition includes flash hiders, but does not include compensators and muzzle brakes (devices attached to or integral with the muzzle barrel to utilize propelling gasses for counter-recoil).

The Battlecomp has been clearly shown to reduce muzzle flash in comparison videos.

Why take the risk when there are serveral other proven muzzle breaks from which to choose from?
Because the creators (CA guys) have been told by CA DOJ it's GTG. It's not defined as a flash hider. Also, I believe both of the owners are also SME's for the state of CA.

Here's links to their postings.

http://m4carbine.net/showpost.php?p=...&postcount=742

http://m4carbine.net/showpost.php?p=...&postcount=743
Old 12-07-2011, 6:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gun Otaku View Post
IIRC, That is only if the muzzle device is marketed as a "flash hider".

However we can all interpret the laws however we want. It's your call whether to run it or not. I don't have a featureless so I don't need to worry.
It is not only if it is marketed as a flash hider. If it meets the written description it is still a flash suppresor. If it is marketed as a flash hider then that wold disqualify it too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomd1584 View Post
Because the creators (CA guys) have been told by CA DOJ it's GTG. It's not defined as a flash hider. Also, I believe both of the owners are also SME's for the state of CA.

Here's links to their postings.

http://m4carbine.net/showpost.php?p=...&postcount=742

http://m4carbine.net/showpost.php?p=...&postcount=743
Being told something by the DOJ does not mean anything. They tell people all sorts of things, some of which aren't even true. Unless there is a written letter of opinion specifically stating that the BattleComp is not a flash suppresor and it is acceptable for a featureless build than the mere fact that it does reduce the flash signature is enough to classify it as such.
Old 12-07-2011, 6:36 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Why are we having this argument in our picture thread?
Old 12-11-2011, 5:41 PM

Cool thanks guys.... Because of the help of some of you guys i was able to complete my first featureless rifle... Thanks guys!!!

Here are some pics....

PWS TTO
Pinned ACS Stock
Custom made slip on cover for featureless rifle...

Let me know what you guys think. =) Thanks again for all the help guys!
Old 12-11-2011, 7:32 PM
Vendor/Retailer

You did that yourself? Great job!
Old 12-11-2011, 8:49 PM

Built back in 2009 - LMT MRP .223, California rifles stock, Troy muzzle brake.

Works great for the bench and varmint shooting I use this for.

The Cal Rifles stock looks a bit funky but it's sure nice having a place put your thumb with this setup.

Last edited by MotoJB; 12-11-2011 at 8:54 PM..
Old 12-11-2011, 8:52 PM

peter95 love the carbon fiber wrap! now make me one
Quote:
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everyone stands around reloading" - Thomas Jefferson
Old 12-11-2011, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zum View Post
peter95 love the carbon fiber wrap! now make me one
haha come on by, ill wrap one for you if you want haha....

Im going to probably make another one out of Kydex this time, see how it comes out....
Old 12-11-2011, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoJB View Post

The Cal Rifles stock looks a bit funky but it's sure nice having a place put your thumb with this setup.

Funky? Not at all..! I actually like that set up...!

I thought very hard about something like yours and just a slip on cover like mine.... went with slip on for now since its very cost effective for me...

I was really considering the hammerhead with the stock attachment to it. It looks really good, which resembles yours
Old 12-12-2011, 9:19 AM

Default question for ak with dragunov stock

so is it CA legal for me to have my saiga 7.62 with a dragunov style buttstock as long as I have some sort of material filling in the open space on the stock? Can it be homemade? Do I still need a BB? I am so confused. All I have added to the rifle is an angled for grip and the new stock.
Old 12-12-2011, 3:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBrebel View Post
so is it CA legal for me to have my saiga 7.62 with a dragunov style buttstock as long as I have some sort of material filling in the open space on the stock? Can it be homemade? Do I still need a BB? I am so confused. All I have added to the rifle is an angled for grip and the new stock.

First off...reading/studying here is your friend! TONS of info if you take the hour or two to use search and read through the threads. Something worth doing if you're into owning guns that are on the edge of the laws within the state you live.

With that said, I'm assuming your a CA resident and aren't LE or Military or carry any other special exemptions. Therefore, if you have "removable mags" on your Saiga...you can't combine it with the other "evil features" identified by the DOJ (pistol grip, bayonet lug, flash hider, forend grip, etc.). It has to be "featureless" (aside from the removable mag).

The point of building a "featureless rifle" (at least for me) is to have one build where I don't have to use a bullet button. If using a standard mag release however, you are required by law remove the other "banned features" - that is, do something about the bayonet lug (if any), flash hider (if any), ensure the rifle can't be classified as having a pistol grip, etc.

In the case of AR's, there are a lot of stock solutions available to address the pistol grip feature issue. In my case, I bought the California Rifles stock (which still gives you a place to wrap your thumb and give you "grip" on the rifle, but isn't classified as a pistol grip.

In your case, you'd have to fill in the thumb-grip hole (yes it can be homemade as long as it conforms to the law), replace the flash hider with a muzzle brake and remove any bayonet lug (if any).

If using a bullet button - it requires "tooling" to remove the mag, so you can have all of the other "evil features" on the rifle you want (except for silencers or grenade launchers .

Feel free to correct me if I missed anything here folks.

Last edited by MotoJB; 12-12-2011 at 3:09 PM..
Old 12-12-2011, 3:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter95 View Post
Funky? Not at all..! I actually like that set up...!

I thought very hard about something like yours and just a slip on cover like mine.... went with slip on for now since its very cost effective for me...

I was really considering the hammerhead with the stock attachment to it. It looks really good, which resembles yours
Cool, thanks Peter95.

Yeah, the slip covers or monsterman grips are cheap but I just couldn't stand the way they felt at the range. I personally have to have somewhere to put my thumb and I want to be able to hold the rifle's weight in one hand (my right) and shoot Rambo style while on horseback if needed (kidding). The CA Rifles stock allows for that. Not cheap but very well made and functional for a featureless rifle.
Old 12-12-2011, 3:36 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Thumbs up Munkeeboi Wrap + Ammo = Winning!!!

Old 12-12-2011, 4:25 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
..."evil features" identified by the DOJ (pistol grip, bayonet lug, flash hider, forend grip, etc.)...
Just a quick note, the bayonet lug's not a prohibited feature in CA... No need to grind 'em off.

Oh, forgot this is a pictures thread. Here's a mod I did with a blemished hammerhead and a bit of Sculpey clay and some automotive primer. Just monkeying around a bit to show how you can take the Hammerhead and with a little bit of effort and fifty cents worth of materials make it your own...

-Mark
As of March 3 2016, Exile Machine has discontinued vendor/retailer status with Calguns.net and we are no longer providing support or product updates via this site. All queries should be directed through our website at this link:

https://www.exilemachine.net/shop/contact-us.html

Last edited by Exile Machine; 08-15-2012 at 6:03 AM..
Old 12-12-2011, 7:38 PM
Calguns Addict

i'll take it!!

I just wish it was in FDE.......
You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.
Old 12-12-2011, 8:56 PM

Quote:

they work great I two u-15 setups...and one hammerhead setup which is on this thread theyre nice.
Old 12-15-2011, 11:32 AM
Calguns Addict

Nice KISS rifle, C3.
“Political tags — such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth — are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.” — Robert A. Heinlein

“It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds” — Samuel Adams
Old 12-15-2011, 11:36 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fot View Post
[IMG][/IMG]
That's pretty sweet. Nice work.
“Political tags — such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth — are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.” — Robert A. Heinlein

“It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds” — Samuel Adams
Old 12-16-2011, 2:13 PM

Apex SAR kit on CNC Warrior receiver:

Old 12-19-2011, 11:16 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13204u View Post
Apex SAR kit on CNC Warrior receiver:

Beautiful. What brake did you put on there to make length?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeR View Post
So suck it HK, If I wanted an $800 pistol with a crap trigger I would just go buy 2 Glocks.
Old 12-19-2011, 11:37 AM

I used the extended brake blackthorne offers to make it to length with their original SAR barrels. I probably should make a thread about this rifle at some point.
http://akpartskits.com/cart/index.ph...roducts_id=394
Old 12-19-2011, 1:48 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
I used the extended brake blackthorne offers to make it to length with their original SAR barrels. I probably should make a thread about this rifle at some point.
http://akpartskits.com/cart/index.ph...roducts_id=394
Oh man I have been seeing great prices on SAR kits and my apprehension was about the barrel. How's the receiver versus the ORF?
Quote:
So suck it HK, If I wanted an $800 pistol with a crap trigger I would just go buy 2 Glocks.
Old 12-19-2011, 1:49 PM
Calguns Addict

it's no AR, but it IS featureless:

Old 12-19-2011, 2:36 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chead View Post
this rifle is so NOT EVIL that I think the DOJ would approve it for kid use.

I for one feel so much less threatened without all those evil pistol grips arround

disclaimer:
everything I post is for arguendo and entertainment purposes only, and should not be construed to be legal advice
Old 12-19-2011, 3:21 PM

Quote:
Oh man I have been seeing great prices on SAR kits and my apprehension was about the barrel. How's the receiver versus the ORF?
It is expensive, but unlike the ORF receivers which tend to need work, this didn't require any modification. Everything went together as it should. Mag well is very tight, but not so bad it won't take a standard surplus galil mag. I happen to use a Magnolia State AR mag adaptor since I have several AR mags laying around, and the galil mags can get pricey.
Old 12-19-2011, 3:40 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
It is expensive, but unlike the ORF receivers which tend to need work, this didn't require any modification. Everything went together as it should. Mag well is very tight, but not so bad it won't take a standard surplus galil mag. I happen to use a Magnolia State AR mag adaptor since I have several AR mags laying around, and the galil mags can get pricey.
What's the process of pressing the barrel, say vs. an AK? Would I be able to do to it myself with a rubber mallet?
Old 12-19-2011, 6:35 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy Man View Post
it's no AR, but it IS featureless:

That's a beaut. 30 or 14?
My wife sleeps better knowing we have a zombie killer... Saiga AK47! Although my neighbor with his AR has restless nights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AleksandreCz View Post
Thank god the Federal Government is there to protect us from the Federal Government
WTS: Revision 'Desert Locust' tactical Ballistic/Protective eyewear goggles NEW & USED pairs
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=737563
Old 12-19-2011, 9:56 PM

Quote:
What's the process of pressing the barrel, say vs. an AK? Would I be able to do to it myself with a rubber mallet?
No pressing. Galil receivers and barrels are threaded. The barrels have wrench flats. You torque to spec, mark the barrel, remove and the cut the extractor and populate and drill gas port accordingly assuming it is a virgin barrel. If it is not a virgin barrel then it gets tricky since you need to time it top dead center with the gas port. Your barrel may under time or over time which may require shimming or turning the shoulder. Below explains alot, done on an orf receiver no less.
http://www.arizonaresponsesystems.co...lilbuild.shtml
Old 12-20-2011, 6:44 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPlink View Post
this rifle is so NOT EVIL that I think the DOJ would approve it for kid use.

I for one feel so much less threatened without all those evil pistol grips arround
May as well paint the tip orange
Quote:
Old 12-22-2011, 7:05 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
May as well paint the tip orange
that doesn't really mean much, the ATF will just think you converted an airsoft gun into a machinegun
Old 12-22-2011, 7:14 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali-Shooter View Post
That's a beaut. 30 or 14?

clearer photo

Last edited by Mossy Man; 12-22-2011 at 7:16 PM..
Old 12-23-2011, 9:50 AM

Special shout out to Roger Wang @ Battle Arms Development. He set a whole new standard when it comes to Customer Service. Love the "crank" style ambi lever Battle Arms makes.
Old 12-23-2011, 10:19 AM

^^^^^^^

I like it (entire build)!
Old 12-23-2011, 5:33 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy Man View Post
that doesn't really mean much, the ATF will just think you converted an airsoft gun into a machinegun
Dear ATF: it only has "one or none" thanks to California. I can't even imagine what the aftermath would be from someone who tried to convert an airsoft Uzi.
Quote:
Old 01-02-2012, 1:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter95 View Post
Cool thanks guys.... Because of the help of some of you guys i was able to complete my first featureless rifle... Thanks guys!!!

Here are some pics....

PWS TTO
Pinned ACS Stock
Custom made slip on cover for featureless rifle...

Let me know what you guys think. =) Thanks again for all the help guys!
This has got to be the nicest featureless AR15 I have ever seen.
Old 01-03-2012, 4:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imarangemaster View Post
My three:
This is so nice, I am headed in this direction.
Old 01-03-2012, 4:41 PM
Firepower Controller
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

^
Except it's not really "featureless".
Old 01-03-2012, 5:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveSeven View Post
^
Except it's not really "featureless".
Do you really know that for fact?
Old 01-03-2012, 5:13 PM