Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Gunsmithing & How To
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Gunsmithing & How To Pro, Amateur & WECSOG and Tutorials, Guides & OLL Build Instructions

Old 12-22-2009, 4:14 AM

Default AR 80% lower that takes glock mags?

So... Anybody know of anyone out there that makes a 80% lower that takes glock mags? I have seen STEN and UZI mags (Colt pattern) lowers here:
http://www.yellowlogic.net/marine-el...cs/BILLET.html

but so far, no Glock mags, 1911 mags, etc...

I plan on going the seperate mag well route with my MGI lower, but I haven't gotten around to it yet...

Anybody?
Old 12-22-2009, 9:22 AM

no, no one does
"There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws" From Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand
Old 12-23-2009, 1:51 AM

Dam it!!!
Someone needs to get on the ball already and start crankin these babbies out. I think they would sell like hotcakes. I know Oly arms can't seem to keep their model in stock that takes glock mags!
Old 12-23-2009, 8:18 AM

Lone wolf also makes a lower that takes glock mags.
Old 12-23-2009, 8:40 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCrown View Post
http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=1805

•Carbine receiver accepts Glock magazines only, models G17 & G18-9mm, G22-40 S&W, G31-357 Sig.
Old 12-23-2009, 9:06 AM

Alrighty, I have a question that I'm hoping one of you guys can answer

Q: What's the point behind a 9mm AR-lower -- that's a pistol? I see that they are backordered so that means either someone has bought them or they see it is equally pointless and never made any.

- I understand why people want a 5.56 AR pistol (way to get a flame throwing SBR-like experience without going the Class 3 route)
- I understand the idea of wanting a 9mm carbine (cheaper to shoot -- well it used to be -- plinking or defense w/ good accuracy <100yds)

However, the need for a 9mm AR pistol escapes me -- esp in california where you would have to jump through hoops and put a mag lock on it. If I wanted a short barrel 9mm, I'd just buy a traditional pistol (like a Glock) and save on weight vs. a 9mm AR pistol.

Do people view this as an alternative to MP5 pistols (perhaps by saving a few bucks but losing the full-on this-was-used-by-military-or-badguys-in-movies look)?

What am I missing here? If it's the ability to swap over a short 5.7 upper, my reasoning still applies since a) 5.7 pistols are available and b) you could always go the 5.7 AR pistol route with a traditional and cheaper 5.56 lower.

-g
Old 12-23-2009, 9:28 AM
Super Moderator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCrown View Post
is Lone Wolf CA friendly?? If so.. I'm gonna jump on one of their 9mm lowers!!! I have a TON of G17 mags

Distinguished Rifleman Badge #2220
Old 12-23-2009, 9:30 AM

^ You can't do this to a glock
Quote:
Originally Posted by ar15barrels View Post
If you guys all shot more, you would have more to post about.
Old 12-26-2009, 1:36 AM

Thanks for the info about the lone wolf lowers. I will put them on my list!

As far as the AR pistol caliber lower built as a pistol (ie 9in barrel 9mm ar-15 pistol)... I'm not sure why here in CA due to the fixed magazine restrictions. I can tell you that I do have a 9mm upper for my registered AW AR-15 pistol. That's a different story though because I use my stacks of STEN mags with it and it basically becomes my "economic" trainer for the 223 caliber upper counterpart. For me, I reload 9mm cheaper in large volumes. A 9mm upper makes sense.

I'm sure that there will be those who will try to justify it by things such as increased sight radius over a handgun, increased control, greater barrel velocity, etc... But I think here in CA it basically boils down to the "cool" factor.

To just have CA legal 9mm AR-15 pistol... Well, I gues that would just be for those folks who think its cool I guess. It makes about as much sense as having a 223 pistol of the same type IMO, just without the muzle flash, recoil and ammo cost.
Old 12-26-2009, 4:24 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chk Chk Boom View Post
OMG!! Are you serious...
Old 12-26-2009, 6:46 AM
short bus driver

Lone Wolf Distributors made a limited run (around 1000) on the AR Glock lowers, in order to test the market. They sold out in one day.
They currently can not make them fast enough to keep up with the back orders. Lone Wolf just recently got into manufacturing recievers, so they are not set up for mass production.

The Lone Wolf AR Glock lower is patterned off the Olympic Arms AR Glock lower.

If you have plenty of large capacity Glock magazines and want a featureless pistol calibered AR carbine clone, going with the Lone Wolf or Olympic Arms AR Glock lower would be a logical choice.

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.” - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).
Old 12-27-2009, 4:28 AM

Thanks Quiet, I will have to give them a call and get on the list.
Old 12-27-2009, 2:52 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Location: Northern Mexico(San Jose) Where illegals have rights and citizens get screwed

If you could get a lower and a matching upper in 10mm that would be able to take down just about anything in the lower 48 as a SHTF survival gun.
Couple that with a G20 and that would be a potent combo.
The others, well......they just never learn.

"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, Give Me Liberty, Or Give Me Death!"
Patrick Henry.
Old 12-28-2009, 7:47 AM

Sj- That is exactly what I plan on using my MGI lower based platform to do
I alrady have a BAZ-45 lower that takes grease gun mags, but the mags went up in cost drastically over the past 5 years. The interchangeability of handgun to carbine mags is something I wanted also.

I think I may just be dropping some dough with MGI for more mag wells over the next year instead of waiting for the Lone Wolf receivers which are strictly the smaller mag well dimension for the G17 / G22 mag size... I will need to get the MGI modular upper drilled out for a removeable Oly type ejector to really make the package slick
Old 12-28-2009, 8:30 AM

Not sure but most manufacturers that are making 80's have been swamped with the standard 5.56 and now .308. We have some available but nothing even on the horizon for 9mm or other pistol cal's that I know of.
www.80pctlower.com
Yes we have 80% lower receivers 39ea
Old 07-21-2015, 4:13 PM
Vendor/Retailer

There's a waiting list on our website right now for our 9mm Glock mag AR-9 billet lowers and 80% lowers. :-) Just found this old post and figured I'd let you guys know just in case anyone is interested.

They should be released to the public by the end of the month. If you join the waitlist on our website you'll get notified the minute we start selling them.