Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Technology and Internet
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Technology and Internet Emerging and current tech related issues. Internet, DRM, IP, and other technology related discussions.

Old 12-05-2009, 12:30 AM

Default Any Pocket Pc fans? (Windows mobile)

Too much iphone and android talk
How many in here have ppc's?
Old 12-05-2009, 4:04 AM
I need a LIFE!!

I have one, an HP HW6945.

The Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms. -- Samuel Adams, Debates and Proceedings in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 86-87 (Pearce and Hale, eds., Boston, 1850)
Old 12-05-2009, 10:56 AM
Bit Pusher
CGN Contributor

Of course. I love WM...I hate the Verizon firmware, but the non-crapped up versions of WM are great.
Old 12-05-2009, 10:59 AM

I've got a Motorola Q9 with WM 6. It's got a few quirks, but I like it. One of the nice things about it is it's super-easy to tether to a PC or Laptop for internet access where ever I might be.
Old 12-05-2009, 11:32 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I have a Palm Treo with WM 6.1 on it. The good thing about WM is the number of apps for it out there.
Originally Posted by SJgunguy24 View Post
Some people are so open minded, their brains have fallen out.

WTB: Saiga .223 bolt; HK G3 bolt; Chinese AK pistol grips; milled AK cut receiver pieces and stubs.
Old 12-05-2009, 6:34 PM

Wow, i know there has to be more people that have ppc's. Most of the cool and free aps are here http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/.

If you guys want to control your ppc from your computer, try http://www.mymobiler.com/

Phone running slow and don't want to reset it try cleanram http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/ppc-...-cleanram.html
Old 12-05-2009, 10:45 PM
Banned

The only PPC's that I have left are now being used for a Ballistic Calculator, and the other is a Remote Control for the household devices.
Old 12-05-2009, 11:06 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Pantech (AT&T branded, unlocked on T-Mobile network) Matrix Pro with WM 6.1. Love the dual slider keyboard. Having it sync'd with my Small Business Server 2008 rocks. A bit more horsepower and battery life would be nice, the screen could orient a bit faster, and the volume could be a bit higher; but overall, I really like the phone.
Old 12-06-2009, 12:15 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Heh, Verizon HTC Touch Pro 2 running a SSK 6.5 ROM. Might try one of the others available too. I had the i760 with a cooked ROM running 6.1 long before Verizon ever released it. Never been adverse to playing with toys (i.e. running mer on my Nokia N800 too).
Old 12-06-2009, 7:06 AM
Calguns Addict

dell axim 51v or something like that, big waste of $.. wanna buy it?
Old 12-06-2009, 7:42 AM

This is funny, i just dug out my old ipaq rx1955 running wm 5. I put a ballistics calculator on it as well as load data for my reloads and made an excel sheet for utilizing a mil dot. Oh yeah, plus its stores contacts since i dont have a cell phone. haha
Old 12-06-2009, 11:02 AM
Calguns Addict

I've got an HTC Tytn II (AT&T branded Tilt) and I love it! Wifi, BT, super nintendo emulator, etc. My phone kicks iphone's sorry butt all over the place.

I recently flashed to WM 6.5 and I don't know if I like it as much as 6.1, but I'm giving it a run. I was looking to get a touch pro 2 as a replacement at Christmas, but it's pretty much the same thing as I have now, so I'm actually looking to jump ship and try the android route. Only problem with that is AT&T doesn't have any android phones out... So it looks like I'll be sticking with this one for a while.

Check me out on YouTube! Shooting, Engineering, and Dogs. What's not to love?
Old 12-06-2009, 12:41 PM

I had a Toshiba PPC at one point in time that I was told was "top of the line".

I will never buy a toshiba product again
Quote:
Originally Posted by ar15barrels View Post
If you guys all shot more, you would have more to post about.
Old 12-06-2009, 4:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turo View Post
I've got an HTC Tytn II (AT&T branded Tilt) and I love it! Wifi, BT, super nintendo emulator, etc. My phone kicks iphone's sorry butt all over the place.

I recently flashed to WM 6.5 and I don't know if I like it as much as 6.1, but I'm giving it a run. I was looking to get a touch pro 2 as a replacement at Christmas, but it's pretty much the same thing as I have now, so I'm actually looking to jump ship and try the android route. Only problem with that is AT&T doesn't have any android phones out... So it looks like I'll be sticking with this one for a while.
6.5 is way better then 6.1 IMO. I have the touch pro and touch pro 2. There great ppc's . The best thing about having a winmo phone is that you can get a rom at www.htc-android.com.

Last edited by Look Wat I kAn DO !; 12-06-2009 at 9:28 PM..
Old 12-06-2009, 7:49 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turo View Post

There may be an Android rom out for your phone, check http://forum.xda-developers.com/ to find out.

The Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms. -- Samuel Adams, Debates and Proceedings in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 86-87 (Pearce and Hale, eds., Boston, 1850)
Old 12-07-2009, 11:57 AM
Calguns Addict
CGN Contributor

I pickup an Omnia running 6.1 for work. I hated it but put up with it for a year. The layout and features just sucked. I was not until I discovered that HUGE world of ROMs that I started to love my phone. I tried a few but settled on SPB 3.5. I picked this shell because my Omnia is technically my companies phone so I did not want to tweak it too much in case I left the company. I have every possible program I could want on my phone now. I have software for my Google Voice account which let me cancel my personal cell phone. I have ballistic cals, Garmin GPS, Google Maps, SMS-Chat and on and on I could go. I even picked up a 16gb micro SD card and moved all my music to it. When I drive I have my cell phone, GPS and MP3 player all in one package that mounts on my dash. The only thing I dislike about the phone is its lack of HD. The screen is nice but nothing like an HD screen.
Old 12-07-2009, 12:12 PM

XV6700 waiting to upgrade to the Imagio
Old 12-07-2009, 9:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOEKILLA View Post
XV6700 waiting to upgrade to the Imagio
Thats a great phone. I tried it out for a couple of days. i stayed with the tp2 because it fits me better. The imagio is a great phone imo.
Old 12-07-2009, 9:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bug Splat View Post
I pickup an Omnia running 6.1 for work. I hated it but put up with it for a year. The layout and features just sucked. I was not until I discovered that HUGE world of ROMs that I started to love my phone. I tried a few but settled on SPB 3.5. I picked this shell because my Omnia is technically my companies phone so I did not want to tweak it too much in case I left the company. I have every possible program I could want on my phone now. I have software for my Google Voice account which let me cancel my personal cell phone. I have ballistic cals, Garmin GPS, Google Maps, SMS-Chat and on and on I could go. I even picked up a 16gb micro SD card and moved all my music to it. When I drive I have my cell phone, GPS and MP3 player all in one package that mounts on my dash. The only thing I dislike about the phone is its lack of HD. The screen is nice but nothing like an HD screen.
You are correct on the omnia kinda sucking with the stock rom. I like SPB but it froze on my touch pro 1 alot when S2U2 would come on.
Old 12-07-2009, 10:15 PM
Veteran Member

Cingular 2125! Dropped numerous times and I think the battery is bulging and ready to explode!

I've got WM 5.0 on it. I slapped in a 2Gb memory card to watch movies (.wmv) on the tiny itty bitty screen, listen to tinny sounds of .wma and I have Pocket Street, a mapping program on it. I can sync it to my Thinkpad, too. Plus, it's unlocked.
Old 12-08-2009, 5:46 PM
Calguns Addict
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Look Wat I kAn DO ! View Post
You are correct on the omnia kinda sucking with the stock rom. I like SPB but it froze on my touch pro 1 alot when S2U2 would come on.
Yup. I had nothing but problems with S2U2 even before I installed SPB. S2U2 locked up my phone a lot and even locked out my broadband. Verizon was unable to bring it back so I had to do a hard reset .
Old 12-10-2009, 10:56 PM

Any one have a Verizon touch pro 1? I have a batt and a back cover that i want to give away.