Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Rimfire Firearms
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Rimfire Firearms .22, .17 and other Rimfire Handguns and Rifles

Old 12-04-2009, 11:17 PM

Default Bullet Button GSG-PK

so a few weeks ago someone was asking about a new bullet button for the PK pistols and there was rummor ATI was going to releasing them in Dec. No longer the case, post lawsuit? Maybe was just a rumor from the beginning?

anyways, i have a PRK button (more like a shield) installed on my PK, but it is fugly as hell. However props to them for making the PK Ca compliant, period!

Before i go through the trouble of programming a custom CNC machined piece does anyone else have something available, and if not would there be any interest ?

Hoping to have something sleek like a raddlock for the AR.

Any ideas, suggestions, etc?
Old 12-05-2009, 12:32 AM

I bought a raddlock for an mp5 and was going to see if I could make it work but I cant find where I put it. It looks like it may work.
Old 12-05-2009, 12:37 AM
Veteran Member

It's a dead platform with no more being imported. If you are willing to invest the time and money for a one-off then more power to you.

The nice thing about PRKs design is that you can simply remove it with a few turns of a screwdriver (or allen key). You don't have to mess around with swapping out, and possibly loosing, small parts that are not easily replaced, if at all.
Old 12-05-2009, 9:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiz View Post
I bought a raddlock for an mp5 and was going to see if I could make it work but I cant find where I put it. It looks like it may work.
duh.. never thought about that. I have one for my AR and like the stealth design. Anyone successfully used one of these, and to what extent did you have to disassemble the firearm? The AR type is really basic to install.

As for making my own, I'm not trying to market them for profit just offer it to the handful of people who have the pistols. Not really a top priority but since i own a machine shop with several CNC's the only hard part would be designing something that would be a direct swap.. PRK's is nice and easy to remove (and looks better in the safe then on the gun), but unfortunately i don't see moving out of Ca in the near future so something needs to be on there :-(

i think i'll buy a raddlock and cross my fingers (or mod if necessary)