Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 11-24-2009, 8:39 AM
Veteran Member
CGN Contributor

Question I know, I know, I'm probably worrying about nothing but...

Soooo, a few months ago my drivers license was suspended. I took care of the problem-went to court and paid my fine which I guess clears up the suspension. Well, about 2 weeks ago I was talking on my cell phone while driving and some cop pulled me over and gave me a ticket. I also didn't have my license on me at the time so I was cited for that as well BUT apparently I can just have a cop sign my ticket once I get it and show my license to said cop, and then that one is all cleared up... I have until January 6 to pay off my ticket, btw.
I HOPE I'm just worrying about nothing, but it's just my nature to worry. Is there ANY possible way this can cause a problem since my gun shipped today to my FFL? I know if your license is suspended or not valid or whatever, you can't obtain your handgun, what about my little scenario? Is any of what I said cause for concern?
Old 11-24-2009, 8:41 AM
I need a LIFE!!

There has been some folks posting on here lately about their DROS's being denied due to outstanding/unpaid fines.

Quote for the day:
Quote:
"..the mind is the weapon and the hand only its extention. Discipline your mind!" Master Hao, Chenrezi monastery, Valley of the Sun
Old 11-24-2009, 8:44 AM
Veteran Member
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Untamed1972 View Post
There has been some folks posting on here lately about their DROS's being denied due to outstanding/unpaid fines.
God, I hope I get my ticket then because I want this taken care of asap.
Old 11-24-2009, 8:46 AM
Ban Hammer Avoidance Team
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Location: Did you notice how far over I've moved this part of my info? You should try it, it's fun.

Might depend on the timing of your paperwork.

Talking on a cell phone, driving without your license on you? Sounds like you need to worry about brushing up on the driving rules.

"Those who cannot remember the posts are condemned to repeat them"

I wish I had a dollar for every time someone used a cliché
Old 11-24-2009, 8:49 AM
Veteran Member
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual_Shooter View Post
Might depend on the timing of your paperwork.
What exactly do you mean?
Old 11-24-2009, 8:53 AM
Calguns Addict

If you started DROS early enough, the transfer might go through before the ticket gets in the database.

But #1, quit driving and talking on your phone.

#2, remember to bring your license.
Old 11-24-2009, 8:53 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalMama View Post
What exactly do you mean?

If your DROS goes thru before the deadline to pay your fine then you might be ok because it wouldn't show up as an unpaid fine yet most likely. But that is purely specualtion on my part. Nothing the state or DMV does makes sense.

Quote for the day:
Quote:
"..the mind is the weapon and the hand only its extention. Discipline your mind!" Master Hao, Chenrezi monastery, Valley of the Sun
Old 11-24-2009, 9:02 AM
Veteran Member
CGN Contributor

Like I said, the date to pay the ticket is January 6, my gun is set to arrive this week at my FFL...
Old 11-24-2009, 9:10 AM
Veteran Member

should be no problem as after the 6th is when it would get posted as delinquent,
But I need to thank you, I just called and took care of mine.

Thieves are the lowest form of life out there, except for liberal politicians, of course, but that's redundant.
Old 11-24-2009, 9:14 AM
Veteran Member
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by liketoshoot View Post
should be no problem as after the 6th is when it would get posted as delinquent,
But I need to thank you, I just called and took care of mine.
lol You're welcome
Oh, and my husband is getting very annoyed with me. He keeps insisting what you just said, that until after January 6 I'm good to go. I hope you two are right!

I just looked up on the AG website, this is what I found-
http://caag.state.ca.us/firearms/infobuls/0304.pdf

Under what conditions is someone considered ineligible to possess and/or purchase firearms?
Any person who has been convicted of a felony, certain misdemeanors, certain firearms offenses, who is addicted to narcotics, who is the subject of a domestic violence restraining order, or has been committed to a mental institution pursuant to Welfare and Institutions Code section 8100, may not possess or have under his or her control any firearm. Certain federal statutes impose lifetime and other more restrictive prohibitions on firearm possession. Additionally, certain statutory conditions exist that allow for the possession of firearms but preclude the acquisition or purchase of additional firearms, such as the subjects of certain restraining orders and those under state or federal indictment. For a list of California prohibiting categories, please see our web site at www.ag.ca.gov/firearms.
Old 11-24-2009, 9:16 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wash View Post
But #1, quit driving and talking on your phone.

#2, remember to bring your license.

Ditto that......bluetooth headsets can be had for less that $30 now. It's alot cheaper then payin' the stupid tickets.

Just get one and be done with it. Now that I have one, I admit it is handy to have while driving.

Quote for the day:
Quote:
Old 11-24-2009, 9:24 AM
Veteran Member
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Untamed1972 View Post
Ditto that......bluetooth headsets can be had for less that $30 now. It's alot cheaper then payin' the stupid tickets.

Just get one and be done with it. Now that I have one, I admit it is handy to have while driving.
I think you're right! lol, or I could just move to a state that doesn't micro manage it's subjects lives! *sigh*
Old 11-24-2009, 9:36 AM
Veteran Member
CGN Contributor

Sooo, I called DOJ firearms and spoke with a really nice lady. She informed me the best thing would be to go to DMV and ask them if my license has a "flag" on it. So far as the ticket goes, as long as the ticket is paid on time, it's fine. If it's not paid, then a warrant is issued and THAT is when there can be a problem.
I'm glad I called them!