Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Range Cleanups
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

CGSSA Range Cleanups Schedule dates and time to clean up outdoor ranges. If we don't who will?

Old 03-05-2011, 6:58 AM

Herrumfff!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by robairto View Post
REAL reason= lazy government employees who don't want to have to work or do their jobs. Let's see I'd rather not drive out there and still make 6k a month retire at 70% with lifetime benefits and go out early with an injury and blame the public for us having to do our jobs. Or we get paid less, do our jobs at a higher level of efficiency and benefit the public who supports our lazy city,county, state, federal butts with over benefitted pension plans and health care. Just my .02 of course but very true.
Old 03-05-2011, 7:54 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

haha, ya, i had two asian women with little buckets picking up all my brass, peeking in my truck too. got a little uncomfortable. sad, especially since i was shooting aluminum blazer ammo that day.
Old 03-06-2011, 11:45 AM

I've recently started frequenting this range. Those two ladies are almost always there and get way to close! I find that folks that do reload are constantly having to tell them to back off. It's a bit ridiculous!

I clean up my mess but if a "cleaning day" is planned send me a pm and I'll be there to help with a few friends.
Old 03-06-2011, 12:20 PM

DFG should not have to clean up after anyone. This is a good place to shoot. Its as easy as this go there set your target up take it down and home. Treat it like you are at your house. There are big fines written there now a days.
If you feel like a cleaning up and dont have a truck just separate all the junk in piles.
(Bring gloves) The metal is sharp thanks.

Last edited by guns4funca; 03-06-2011 at 8:29 PM..
Old 03-06-2011, 2:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guns4funca View Post
DFG should not have to clean up after anyone.

Some people are just too darn obtuse to understand this.
NOBODY OWES US A CLEAN PLACE TO SHOOT!
Old 03-06-2011, 6:41 PM
NRA Benefactor Member
CGN Contributor

Nor does anyone have a right to dirty up somebody else's land.
Old 03-06-2011, 7:57 PM
Calguns Addict

I was out there today(lincoln was closed due to weather). trash wasn't too bad; most of it was in the trash bags, but there were shotgun shells everywhere and one or two random metal objects left out on the range. i didn't have my truck so i wasn't able to pick anything up.

it was nice though because the place wasn't packed...only two or three other groups out there. we had a steady drizzle, but that's about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadbolt View Post
watching this state and country operate is like watching a water park burn down. doesn't make sense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obama
Team 6 showed up in choppers, it was so cash. Lit his house with red dots like it had a rash. Navy SEALs dashed inside his house, left their heads spinning...then flew off in the night screaming "Duh, WINNING!"
Old 03-15-2011, 12:53 PM

Spent two days out there last week. Brought a rake and cleaned from left to right about 75 feet of frontage. I am very happy it is still open for us!
We love the range, two sheriffs pulled up, hung out then split. I have always been lucky out there and have had very few problems with others. Shoot on...
Old 03-18-2011, 6:47 PM

I was just made aware of this range today. How do you get there? I would be happy to pick up garbage and keep it clean. There are not many places close to lincoln to shoot these days.
Old 03-18-2011, 7:45 PM
Veteran Member

I was there this previous tuesday (the 15th) and there was a decent amount of garbage but way better than it has been in the past. One cool thing is that it was bad weather so it wasn't the least bit packed. Also some previous shooters had left a good 25 unbroken clays out on the range and my brother and I made good use of them. haha Sometimes it's nice when people leave trash... as long as its the good kind of trash haha.
Old 03-19-2011, 11:36 AM

I went out yesterday. Weather was terrible. Had two other guys show up with me. Only one guy there when we left (and I thought I was committed). Place looked decent but alot of shotgun hulls and broken clays can make the place lookworse than it is.

"Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!" Patrick Henry

Don't Listen to me, I had bad grades in high school....
Old 03-19-2011, 7:09 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robairto View Post
REAL reason= lazy government employees who don't want to have to work or do their jobs. Let's see I'd rather not drive out there and still make 6k a month retire at 70% with lifetime benefits and go out early with an injury and blame the public for us having to do our jobs. Or we get paid less, do our jobs at a higher level of efficiency and benefit the public who supports our lazy city,county, state, federal butts with over benefitted pension plans and health care. Just my .02 of course but very true.
Actually it's slovenly pigs who go out to shoot without cleaning up before they leave. One has to wonder why their parents never taught them any manners?
Old 03-19-2011, 7:12 PM
NRA Benefactor Member
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsior View Post
Actually it's slovenly pigs who go out to shoot without cleaning up before they leave. One has to wonder why their parents never taught them any manners?
Exactly!
Old 03-20-2011, 5:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis8269 View Post
I was just made aware of this range today. How do you get there? I would be happy to pick up garbage and keep it clean. There are not many places close to lincoln to shoot these days.
I lived in Penn Valley and I didn't know it as there.

Maybe here?
39.134754N 121.306776W

http://wikimapia.org/7462513/Spenceville-Shooting-range

Every time you post a For Sale thread without pictures, God kills a kitten.
Old 03-20-2011, 10:14 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I used to shoot there a lot about 20 years ago when I lived in Marysville. It was a nice place to shoot during the week but full of *****holes on the weekends and always a trash heap on Monday. What a shame.
Old 03-20-2011, 11:47 AM

i wish everybody would pack out more than they pack in...
i always bring a rake and trash bags..some people look at me like i'm crazy
my saiga 12 makes a mess..oh yeah i also had to ask the little old asian lady to leave my brass alone
Old 04-04-2011, 9:28 AM
SM Abuser
CGN Contributor

Had two crappy experiences @ Spenceville.

First time, we got there early (7am) and it was very pleasant. Shot about an hour with 3 other considerate people. Hour later, a car load full of yahoos pulls in and start shooting their full autos in every direction. We left so fast we had to pull over down the road to put out guns away in a legally safe manner.

The second time we went, same thing. Got there early and it was really nice. We started setting up targets down-range and the guys next to us thought it would be a good idea to unload while we were out there setting up. Since they had guns in their hands and we didn't, we STFU, ran, loaded up and left.

Never going back.

Last edited by n2stackin; 04-04-2011 at 9:43 AM..
Old 04-04-2011, 2:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norcal Industries View Post
haha, ya, i had two asian women with little buckets picking up all my brass, peeking in my truck too. got a little uncomfortable. sad, especially since i was shooting aluminum blazer ammo that day.
I encountered one of them when I was there. She was speaking her native language the entire time and no one seemed to understand her. Kind of counter-productive. I said something to her in Russian and she paused for a moment and gave me a funny look.

I also encountered a group of people drinking a beer there while they were putting lead down range.

Yeah, I don't really enjoy going there, it's always so crowded, and you never know who you're going to run into.
Old 04-04-2011, 7:45 PM

Was there today and there was a boatload of trash (typical for a monday) but the range was pretty empty with considerate people there. Although there was one cease fire that was acknowlaged by everyone except some dude who i assume didnt hear as he was on the other side of his truck so after it was acknowlaged he let one shotgun blast go and to my suprise a few people were quite miffed at him and let him know it.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Old 04-17-2011, 6:01 PM

Drove by on our way to go for a hike...it was super packed.
Old 09-07-2011, 2:06 PM

I showed up around noon on Sunday and there was not too many people there. A few moments later a car filled with the "white gangsters" showed up and started shooting at other peoples targets. One of the guys came over to my table and asked if I had beer he could have. I told him I did not have beer and that it wasn't responsible to drink and shoot, he just gave me a weird look and left.
Moments later another guys pulls a T.V and Laptop from his car and takes it downrange and starts shooting at the items. When he's done shooting he packs his guns and leaves all his trash behind.. this place is getting really dirty.. Whens the next clean up.. Ill be down to attend...
Old 09-07-2011, 2:39 PM

My buddy & I went to Spenceville on Labor Day. We'd never been there before. We were hoping the place would be empty, if we got there early. Took us much longer to get there than predicted (we took the road from the south, not knowing it wasn't paved). We arrived about 8am, and there was only one "slot" left to park. The range area was completely full! I had brought a bunch of phone books soaked in water to do some ballistics testing of different hollowpoint ammo. We watched for a while, and I was amazed at how safe this place actually turned out to be. Other than the young man right next to us, most of the shooters were responsible. The young guy in the adjacent spot kept sweeping us with different pistols his dad was handing him. And he kept resting his finger on the trigger, even when he wasn't shooting. My buddy finally said something to him. Other than that, everyone cooperated when anyone called a "CLEAR!!". Everyone put their guns down and their arms up to signify it was safe to go downrange. I still kept looking over my shoulder for good luck. I saw the TV carcass that someone mentioned above. I'll admit, it looks like fun to shoot some stuff like that - but it really does need a range cleanup day (or two).

Last edited by jearl1022; 09-08-2011 at 2:17 PM..
Old 10-11-2011, 9:27 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jearl1022 View Post
My buddy & I went to Spenceville on Labor Day. We'd never been there before. We were hoping the place would be empty, if we got there early. Took us much longer to get there than predicted (we took the road from the south, not knowing it wasn't paved). We arrived about 8am, and there was only one "slot" left to park. The range area was completely full! I had brought a bunch of phone books soaked in water to do some ballistics testing of different hollowpoint ammo. We watched for a while, and I was amazed at how safe this place actually turned out to be. Other than the young man right next to us, most of the shooters were responsible. The young guy in the adjacent spot kept sweeping us with different pistols his dad was handing him. And he kept resting his finger on the trigger, even when he wasn't shooting. My buddy finally said something to him. Other than that, everyone cooperated when anyone called a "CLEAR!!". Everyone put their guns down and their arms up to signify it was safe to go downrange. I still kept looking over my shoulder for good luck. I saw the TV carcass that someone mentioned above. I'll admit, it looks like fun to shoot some stuff like that - but it really does need a range cleanup day (or two).
phonebooks really don't show "good" info, but it is interesting to see what penetrates, how far.

Spyder

"You guys need to take more drugs. Then you can TASTE the sound, and HEAR the light!"
Old 10-29-2011, 2:30 PM

It's been hit and miss as of late. The range was really clean two weeks ago, but it was getting messy again as of yesterday. I always yell at guys to pick up their junk, and I haul my targets out when finished. Everyone has been pretty nice for the most part, but folks need to be aware that they need to haul their junk out.

I don't think it's nice,...you laughing.
You see, my mule don't like people laughing.
He gets the crazy idea you're laughing at him.
Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to,
I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.
Old 10-29-2011, 2:38 PM
I need a LIFE!!

I've never had a problem at spenceville, other than the fact that it fills up very quickly...
Old 11-01-2011, 5:25 PM

i was out a week or so ago and it was really clean . no crap on the berms and very small piles of shotgun shells.

latesvak
Old 11-02-2011, 10:08 PM
Veteran Member

my friend Tyler and I cleaned it up on Friday afternoon

by Monday (halloween) is was dirty again but no where near as bad as it was before we cleaned it up.
Went back yesturday to rake some stuff up and pick up the floating plastic bags.
Old 11-06-2011, 6:41 PM

I went there today... Wasn't horrible, but some retard fired off a couple shots well after the cease fire was called and acknowledged.... Many people were out on the range when he fired!! I was shocked at his stupidity and complete disregard for the safety of others....
Old 11-06-2011, 8:12 PM

i was there on saturday and it was really pretty clean . all the tables looked good and trash was all picked up except a couple piles of shotgun shells. i was really surprised to see that someone actually brought out a life size mannequin.

latesvak