Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Range Cleanups
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

CGSSA Range Cleanups Schedule dates and time to clean up outdoor ranges. If we don't who will?

Old 10-23-2011, 8:37 AM

Default Panoche/Griswold Cleanup?

Wondering if there is any interest in throwing together a Panoche and/or Griswold Hills cleanup?

Went to Griswold this weekend and there was a fair amount of garbage out there. Haven't been to Panoche in a while, but based on usual conditions it could probably use some work. I guess we could also tackle the Tumeys if there is is sufficient interest and Panoche and Griswold don't drain us.

BTW, I'm new to the forums and glad to be here. Enjoy shooting out there on the BLM, but get sick of people leaving a mess. Was very glad to see folks fully cleaning up after themselves yesterday.
Old 10-23-2011, 9:08 AM

I was at Panoche yesterday I have a spot I usually use not to far in looked pretty good from what I saw and I picked up all the garbage in my area and was ging to throw it away at the top by the restroom and viewing area and there arent any garbage cans,so obviously took the garbage with me but I think if there were some garbage cans spread along the roads it would be easier to keep clean.Non the less I would be in clean up/shoot would just need couple week notice in advance.
Old 10-24-2011, 12:33 PM

Guys, I have been chatting with the field BLM office in Hollister. A few of us are going to Panoche Hills on Nov 12 AM to clean up what we can find. In general we haven't seen much trash out there actually. Talked to a BLM ranger yesterday while we were out there shooting, and he also hasn't seem much junk out there, so the cleanup should go fast. We are going to pick up some contractor garbage bags from the BLM office and they told us to leave the trash at that area just before the restrooms/viewing area. So if we want to get together at the restrooms at like 0900 on the Sat 12th of Nov... that would be great.

It may be that Tumey Hills needs our TLC way more than Panoche Hills... we can hit that one up in a next cleanup.
Old 10-24-2011, 12:49 PM

Best first post winner: BrandonDHill!

Griswold is a MESS! Glass (really?), Cans, 2litres, Milk Jugs and Shot Shells galore! It truly looks like an anti's conspiracy out there!

I believe first addressing this area would be a better choice. Why? To prevent it from becoming impossible! If Turney is fairly easy then both can be done. Turney would make the best impression on the rangers so, Load the trash from Griswold and leave it at th restrooms too. The Pile would be impressive!

I am in...followed by the prudent disposal of several boxes of reloads!

tagged.. I just became a member

http://MichaelRobertsHomes.com/

Last edited by livefire; 10-24-2011 at 12:52 PM.. Reason: sp
Old 10-24-2011, 1:40 PM

ideally Panoche is better for our little band since we plan to do some ELR shooting there right after our proposed cleanup. But I could imagine that Griswold and Tumey is much worse than Panoche.

Let me chat with the BLM contacts I have and see what they think is highest priority...?
Old 10-24-2011, 3:56 PM
Calguns Addict

Will mark my calendar for 11/12.

NRA MEMBER

Originally Posted by ar15barrels
Unscrew the lid. There is a foil seal there.
Pull the seal off and screw the lid back on.
Then you can squeeze the mustard and it will come out of the bottle..

Liberals are termites eating at the foundation of our constitution.
Michael Reagan
Old 10-24-2011, 6:42 PM

sent a piece of mail to Hollister BLM... waiting to hear back from them on what they'd like to see cleaned up first.
Old 10-25-2011, 4:58 PM

I heard back from one BLM rep that said Tumey Hills was probably in the worst shape, even though BLM folks cleaned it up last weekend some. But they will tour around this week and tell us what is in most need of volunteer help. Will update.
Old 10-27-2011, 6:15 AM
Calguns Addict

Hey all what is the status of this clean up?

NRA MEMBER

Originally Posted by ar15barrels
Unscrew the lid. There is a foil seal there.
Pull the seal off and screw the lid back on.
Then you can squeeze the mustard and it will come out of the bottle..

Liberals are termites eating at the foundation of our constitution.
Michael Reagan
Old 10-27-2011, 4:31 PM

Yes I heard back from BLM Hollister... their highest priority attm is Tumey Hills. So that is the plan for Saturday AM the 12th of November. We're going to be camping somewhere in the area the night before, and we want to clean up at Tumey before anyone shows up to shoot. So I am thinking like maybe 0800 at Tumey on the 12th Sat of November?

Who else is in?
Old 11-07-2011, 3:59 PM

I plan on doing a cleanup of Tumey Hills on this Sat early AM... before any shooters get there.
Old 11-08-2011, 5:45 AM

I'm in.
Old 11-08-2011, 3:09 PM

Thanks 0481... I will be getting some heavy duty trash bags for the purpose. I think we should be done in less than 2 hours and be on to our shooting ELR in the rain. Good to practice in all conditions.
Old 11-09-2011, 5:43 PM
Veteran Member

Kudos, Brandon. Ive wondered for years, Why don't the Rangers just put up a $1000 fine for littering sign? Even brainless people would clean up rather than risk losing a thousand dollars. Providing they can read, that is... The "pack out what you pack in" statement is not a strong enough. They need a sign that EVERYONE understands. $$$... A $75 sign can save BLM Thousands in cleanup costs. Maybe they can afford to maintain their trucks and reopen Clear Creek without making excuses and false statements next year...(Google "Clear Creek Closure") Think I will copy and send this to Hollister BLM. Copied, Done... I'm not suprised that a drunken civillian has to tell Rick what he should do. SAD...
Griswold looked pretty good 2 months ago. Both entrances. Tumey looked halfway decent then also. Panoche looked good on Oct 15th, But it was opening day. It is just a matter of time before it gets junked again. There is one spot at Panoche that has a HUGE junkpile. 15' high and 10 yards wide. tv's, stereos, computers, tires, desks, dressers, and everything else you can imagine. Probably condoms also... Shovels, rakes, disposable gloves, Partical masks, and Tyvex suits may be needed on this one. Next time I go I'll check to see if the Rangers cleaned it up or just closed the road as per their usual agenda.
Sorry I can't make this one. But I'll be out there on the 19th. Somewhere...

The DOJ knows that two guys with semi autos that have a folding or collapsable stock, or pistol grip could take out California's entire police force, SWAT, and the National Guard. Jeeze, that pistol grip and stock are really dangerous...
Old 11-10-2011, 12:50 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by diginit View Post
Kudos, Brandon. Ive wondered for years, Why don't the Rangers just put up a $1000 fine for littering sign?
Because they know it would be riddled with bullet holes in less than a week?
Old 11-10-2011, 2:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrMike View Post
Because they know it would be riddled with bullet holes in less than a week?
and then one wonders why the rangers get a bit defensive...
Old 11-11-2011, 12:30 PM
Calguns Addict

I'd never shoot a sign, and most here on CG would not either, knowing that it's juvenile and counter-productive in multiple ways. But there are so many knuckle-heads in the world. It's just like with dirt-biking... There's a very small minority of people that ruin a good thing for everybody else.
Old 11-12-2011, 10:12 PM

Three of us cleaned up about half of Tumey Hills this AM... we're coming back to clean up the back box canyon in a week or two. Please pick up after yourselves.