Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 03-06-2005, 6:32 PM

Anyone have a good link or two that explains the various candidates' platforms? I'm trying to find out which one is the most gun-friendly.

I've Googled quite a bit but I'm coming up dry. Maybe they don't even bother talking about it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Michael
Old 03-06-2005, 6:32 PM

Anyone have a good link or two that explains the various candidates' platforms? I'm trying to find out which one is the most gun-friendly.

I've Googled quite a bit but I'm coming up dry. Maybe they don't even bother talking about it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Michael
Old 03-06-2005, 6:51 PM

They're all Democrats, which means that they would like nothing more than to see every single gun confiscated and destroyed, and every gun owner marched into prison, and their property siezed for the city.
Old 03-06-2005, 10:53 PM

You guys sound like the "sky is falling , the sky is falling".It's true Democrats are againest gun, but not all of them-that is a fatal mistake-we cannot afford to hate all Democrats-that is STUPID-some of them could be our friends with a little help.Nothing is black and white-it's all shades of gray.Anyone who says all democrats are anti-gun is an IDIOT. I rebember watching the original AWB in congress on CBN-the vote -some of those Demo's voted for us.We cannot afford to throw away any help. Saw an interesting piece on CNN the other day-the democratic party has decieded to learn to be "soft on guns"-they are learning it cost them the last three elections.
Old 03-07-2005, 12:08 AM
Calguns Addict

It's true there are a few Dems who see gun
misuse as the problem and not guns or law
abiding responsible gun enthusiasts.

However out here under the iron skirts of
Corrupfornia, I've only seen a extremely
low number of Dems vote for any pro gun
bills, and I can't really remember them
save for a bill brought up last yr, but
even then they wilted under their party's
pressure. In Ca a snake is a snake is a
snake. Most Dems as well as a few GOPer's
sit up and do what they can to make things
hard for gun owners. It's a circus gone
a lil crazy with the power they have for a
few yrs. Kinda reminds of that creep who was
after the ring of power in Lord of the Rings.

He would do anything to get the ring, hense
the power. Many of the Sen's and Assy Members
are doing this right now here in SoCow.

I don't have an answer. I just keep voting
for pro-gun canidates or incumbents..Hope for
the best and expect the worse.
Old 03-07-2005, 11:17 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Michael B:
Anyone have a good link or two that explains the various candidates' platforms? I'm trying to find out which one is the most gun-friendly. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pick up the phone and call them directly. Ask them (or more than likely, ask their campaign workers) specific questions about your concerns, be it guns or other issues. To get genuine answers, it's best to be vague on your position on the issue you're questioning them about.
Old 03-08-2005, 2:30 PM

All canidates are liberal democRats. Hertzberg is running on the "most concervative of liberal democRats" which is who I have considered. It's a lose-lose situation but I just can't pass up a vote.
Old 03-08-2005, 3:36 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chaingun:
All canidates are liberal democRats. Hertzberg is running on the "most concervative of liberal democRats" which is who I have considered. It's a lose-lose situation but I just can't pass up a vote. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Moore is a Republican. He's not well known and he doesn't have a lot of money.
Old 03-09-2005, 8:57 AM

They are a bunch of Democrat bliss ninnies who will NEVER address the REAL matter of crime, gun or otherwise, in Los Angeles. Their answer to gang violence is to leave it up to Father Boyle, bliss ninny of all bliss ninnies. When what is required is to take back the city by force of arms, the National Guard with track vehicles, block by block, and hold it. Fallouja aint got nothin' on L.A.