Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

View Poll Results: How much would you pay for Law Enforcement Credentials
$0 I don't want them at any price 373 15.32%
$100 305 12.53%
$500 717 29.45%
$1000 500 20.53%
$1500 102 4.19%
$2000 202 8.30%
$5000 125 5.13%
$10000 49 2.01%
$Whatever it takes I'll take out a second mortgage 62 2.55%
Voters: 2435. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-23-2013, 4:31 PM

^
Lol!
Madison Society Life Member
CRPA Life Member
Old 04-23-2013, 5:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag360 View Post
sheriff buddies are how all the big "celebrity gunners and trainers have LEO credentials"aka steven seagal, ted nugent, and many others. Here in CA it would be pretty easy to be a reserve officer 3 and get an ID for LEOSA compliance.
Depends. In some CA counties, even Class I reserves cannot CCW.

NRA Patron, CRPA Life, SAF Life, GSSF Life, NRA RSO and pistol instructor, ILEETA member, FBI San Francisco CA AA board member. Stop me before I join something else!
Old 04-24-2013, 12:59 AM
Veteran Member

Talking Math anxiety disorder gets the best of me

Thanks, Rossi, good one!

Yes, I have to redo my math here.

Here's what I did and went wrong:

n = Nays = 41 (House)
a = Aies = 58 (House)

n ÷ a ≈ 0.707 = (100 - 70.7) (I think I was using the distributive property here, but I still have trouble in that area, but wasn't thinking to add both the Aies and the Nays first).

And I did the same thing for what came out of the Senate.

Math was my worst subject, but I'm coming along.

Erik.
Old 04-24-2013, 7:50 AM
Calguns Addict

Class 1 reserve can carry without a ccw per leosa. Just need ID from dept.
Old 04-24-2013, 8:22 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Class 1 reserve can carry without a ccw per leosa. Just need ID from dept.
You might just as well say:

"All you have to do is to win the lotto and donate $10,000,000 to your sheriff. No problem whatsoever!"

The commitment in time and in health to becoming a Class 1 reserve is enormous. For many of us, it is physically impossible even if we had the time and were prepared to be screamed at because the heading on a report written in Academy was 1/16" off center (yes, that happened to someone I know). You are just suggesting yet another favored class of animals (reference is to Orwell's pigs and is not meant to be a slight on police officers or reserves).

All opinions expressed here are my own unless I say otherwise.
I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice.

Last edited by Glock22Fan; 04-24-2013 at 8:29 AM..
Old 04-25-2013, 1:09 AM

Default 2013 Montana Legislature Closes

That's all folks.......

Billings Gazette article here.
Old 04-25-2013, 1:17 AM

And the next regular session of the Montana State Legislature will be in 2015.
Old 04-25-2013, 3:24 AM
Calguns Addict

Yeah, kinda dead now. I wonder if it can be resurrected?
Old 04-25-2013, 7:14 AM
Calguns Addict

Damn. Can get a state like ND to take this up? What about alaska or one of the southern states.
Old 04-25-2013, 7:28 AM
★ Junior G Man ✈
CGN Contributor

Location: This information has been redacted in accordance with Title 18 USC Section 798

Any update from the “guy(s) on the ground” in MT?

I’d love to hear more about what happened (or didn’t happen).

-------

Last edited by Ubermcoupe; 04-25-2013 at 2:53 PM..
Old 04-25-2013, 8:41 AM
Calguns Addict

Yeah, it would be fascinating to hear just what happened. Sometimes the various players find it unwise to tell exactly what occurred due to the impact of the telling on any future efforts.
Old 04-26-2013, 1:25 AM

Quote:
Damn. Can get a state like ND to take this up? What about alaska or one of the southern states.
I was thinking maybe Idaho, Wyoming or Oklahoma.....there must be some viable options for us out there in free America.
Old 04-26-2013, 6:50 AM

Heck, Michigan ain't _entirely_ out... if only b/c they need money badly. Albeit the blue state aspect due to Detroit would be ... troublesome.
x7
Old 04-26-2013, 7:46 AM
Veteran Member

Dead.... No big surprise
Old 04-27-2013, 6:50 AM
Calguns Addict

I'm not sure it's dead, but it obviously isn't going to happen in Montana for the next two years.

I find it interesting that Ajax22 and such are not making further comments. This could be because they have just abandoned the effort and the thread - or possibly because the idea is anything but dead and is being pursued in places or ways which are best not divulged at this time.

It certainly doesn't look good at this time, but who knows? And if the effort is going to change to another state/legislature, then the work done preparing for Montana would potentially make the effort elsewhere a bit more productive.
Old 04-27-2013, 11:22 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OleCuss View Post
I'm not sure it's dead, but it looks like it isn't going to happen in Montana for the next two years.

I find it interesting that Ajax22 and such are not making further comments. This could be because they have just abandoned the effort and the thread - or possibly because the idea is anything but dead and is being pursued in places or ways which are best not divulged at this time.

It certainly doesn't look good at this time, but who knows? And if the effort is going to change to another state/legislature, then the work done preparing for Montana would potentially make the effort elsewhere a bit more productive.
With all due respect, I have a hard time believing it is so secretive that the OP cannot post any details in this thread. It's not like something this significant will pass a legislature under the radar. Just my opinion
Old 04-27-2013, 12:49 PM
Calguns Addict

Oh, I've no big problem with your assessment. But it is interesting that the CCWforall website doesn't appear to have been updated in over two years but we know that there was at least a little activity in that time period.

Also, there was some discussion at some point in working with other legislatures. I never fully understood why Montana was chosen rather than one of the others, but it may have had to do with an association with Mr. Marbut.

Net effect is that at the moment you could have a not-all-that-RKBA-friendly governor and they may not have even introduced the bill/language in order to avoid a political defeat.

For all I know, they may have been working with a whole other legislature on pretty much the same thing for several months already. Ajax22's most recent posting has actually been pretty vague as to what was going on - just that it is/was on the QT.

It may suit purposes very well to have the issue apparently dead when it is actually working its way through a whole other legislature without notice.

That said, it could very well be that the idea is already 6 foot under and the folk working the issue just aren't talking about the failed effort.

I don't think anyone who is not an insider can really know at this point - and I'm not an insider.
Old 04-27-2013, 2:48 PM
Calguns Addict

Occam's Razor says it's dead.

I actually had some hope for this. That'll teach me...

I thought I was a "pessimist", because that's what everyone keeps saying I am...
The Constitution is not "the Supreme Law of the Land, except in the face of contradicting law which has not yet been overturned by the courts". It is THE SUPREME LAW OF THE LAND, PERIOD. Your oath to uphold the Constitution is a joke unless you refuse to enforce unadjudicated laws you believe are Unconstitutional.

The real world laughs at optimism. And here's why.

I hope I end up having to donate another $1000 to CGF... However, this $500 is one I hope to not have to donate...
Old 04-27-2013, 3:58 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OleCuss View Post
I'm not sure it's dead, but it obviously isn't going to happen in Montana for the next two years.

Guys, this project is not dead, nor is it abandoned.

We've been in this for the long haul since day one.

Montana has had some interesting expenditures of political capital of late as it pertains to gun rights this session, and a few stars didn't align for us on this go around.

I'm going to get together an after action report for the NPI board, not sure how much we can make public but I'll try to give it in broad strokes (don't want to derail the next go around)

We may have to make a few structural changes to our approach, but it is still very viable.

In the meantime, we need to look at states which have annual convening or full time legislature to push this forward in other venues.

Subscribe to Proto Ordnance
Old 04-27-2013, 6:34 PM
Calguns Addict

Then I will maintain my hope for this! Thanks, AJAX22.
The Constitution is not "the Supreme Law of the Land, except in the face of contradicting law which has not yet been overturned by the courts". It is THE SUPREME LAW OF THE LAND, PERIOD. Your oath to uphold the Constitution is a joke unless you refuse to enforce unadjudicated laws you believe are Unconstitutional.

I hope I end up having to donate another $1000 to CGF... However, this $500 is one I hope to not have to donate...
Old 04-27-2013, 7:26 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJAX22 View Post

I'm not giving up on it at all. I know these are long-haul projects, not quick victories. There are many other states that could do this thing, and Montana could pick it up again in two years. Who knows.

The idea is a solid idea and worth pursuing. It may well be the only way California residents get access to a reasonable CCW system ever.

Exposing Leftists
Zomblog
The future of California?
Old 04-27-2013, 9:06 PM
★ Junior G Man ✈
CGN Contributor

Location: This information has been redacted in accordance with Title 18 USC Section 798

Thanks for the update Ajax.

-------
Old 04-28-2013, 12:58 AM

Quote:

Montana has had some interesting expenditures of political capital of late as it pertains to gun rights this session, and a few stars didn't align for us on this go around.

I'm going to get together an after action report for the NPI board, not sure how much we can make public but I'll try to give it in broad strokes (don't want to derail the next go around)

We may have to make a few structural changes to our approach, but it is still very viable.

In the meantime, we need to look at states which have annual convening or full time legislature to push this forward in other venues.
Thanks for all your efforts AJAX and I have never doubted your commitment. With the current regime firmly in control in Sacramento....this project just may well be the "Hail Mary" pass that saves the game for gun owners here in Kaliforniastan!
Old 04-28-2013, 1:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baja Daze View Post
I was thinking maybe Idaho, Wyoming or Oklahoma.....there must be some viable options for us out there in free America.
The Idaho Legislature meets annually and is in total Republican control.
Old 04-28-2013, 1:05 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:

Just off the top of my head, extremely pro-gun states that I think this can pass in. Wyoming, Idaho, Utah, Alaska, North Dakota.

"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice, but let me remind you also that moderation in the persuit of justice is no virtue" -Barry Goldwater

“Remember that a government big enough to give you everything you want is also big enough to take away everything you have.” -Gerald Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by cudakidd View Post
I want Blood for Oil. Heck I want Blood for Oil over hand wringing sentiment!
^
Old 08-28-2013, 3:05 PM
AKA: Joe Censored
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:

Without compromising OPSEC, is this proceeding with another state, or is this on hold for our next chance at Montana?

Just vote Yes please, not asking for money.
Old 01-25-2014, 4:39 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

6 month bump for a status update.

I'd still like to figuratively stick this in my local chief's/Sheriff's eye.

Old 02-06-2014, 6:22 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by choprzrul View Post
6 month bump for a status update.

I'd still like to figuratively stick this in my local chief's/Sheriff's eye.

Nothing more???

Old 02-06-2014, 9:31 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Apologies for not updating, I've been working on other projects.

Hopefully I'll be back on this at the end of May.

Subscribe to Proto Ordnance
Old 02-07-2014, 7:56 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:

Cool, looking forward to it! I think this is the best hope we have in California ( and NYC etc).

Exposing Leftists
Zomblog
The future of California?
Old 06-26-2014, 6:25 PM

4 month bump...
Old 07-03-2014, 1:12 AM

Quote:

Bump for July!
Old 07-03-2014, 7:33 AM
Banned

That'll be funny. Murietta will have 100 regular cops and 100,000 reserve cops.
haha
Old 07-04-2014, 9:06 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baja Daze View Post
Bump for July!
The last "update" on their web-site is almost 4 years old.
For a project that started 5 years ago this does not look good.

Old 07-04-2014, 9:35 AM
I need a LIFE!!

This entire "project" was just wishful thinking that people got sucked into.

/thread

Old 07-04-2014, 2:37 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doheny View Post
This entire "project" was just wishful thinking that people got sucked into.
LEOSA is very real. Conforming to a federal law to achieve a goal is very real.

If it doesn't work it's not because it was "just wishful thinking." You sound like people who never try, mock people when they fail, then envy them when they finally succeed.
Old 07-04-2014, 2:40 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by IVC View Post

If it doesn't work it's not because it was "just wishful thinking." You sound like people who never try, mock people when they fail, then envy them when they finally succeed.
Exactly. While I don't put the chances of success as being very high (politically it seems like it would be a tough sell), this approach is novel and interesting and very much worth trying.

The hard part is, of course, finding a state that's truly willing to implement it (rather than merely talk about it).

Old 07-04-2014, 3:29 PM
Mortuus Ergo Invictus
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by IVC View Post

Agreed. And there was and is a very real potential for this to happen in Montana. The political capital required was just used on something else.
My posts may contain general information related to the law, however, THEY ARE NOT LEGAL ADVICE AND I AM NOT A LAWYER. I recommend you consult a lawyer if you want legal advice. No attorney-client or confidential relationship exists or will be formed between myself and any other person on the basis of these posts. Pronouns I may use (such as "you" and "your") do NOT refer to any particular person under any circumstance.
Old 07-04-2014, 4:27 PM
Veteran Member

I hit the poll at $1,000. Because if and when I'm ever allowed as a law abiding citizen here in Commyfornia to CCW. It would cost me that much every 2 yrs.

I hope this takes wings and flies far and wide. I would even drive or fly to Montana and do necessary paperwork.

Liberal politicians believe that "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED" means they have carte blanche to infringe all they please due to qualified immunity.
Old 07-04-2014, 6:11 PM

In for the long haul to support