Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

View Poll Results: How much would you pay for Law Enforcement Credentials
$0 I don't want them at any price 382 15.34%
$100 309 12.40%
$500 734 29.47%
$1000 515 20.67%
$1500 102 4.09%
$2000 207 8.31%
$5000 127 5.10%
$10000 50 2.01%
$Whatever it takes I'll take out a second mortgage 65 2.61%
Voters: 2491. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-11-2012, 11:20 AM
Veteran Member

Location: Roseville area, or wherever they pay my confiscatory rates for things only I know how to do (lol)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nm767 View Post
If u don't like Cali laws, leave. ...
If you don't like the laws of the U.S. (like the LEOSA) or the Constitution, please follow your own advice.

I don't pretend to be an "authority." I'm just a guy who trains a lot, shoots a lot and has a perspective.

Check the ZombieTactics Channel on YouTube for all sorts of gun-related goodness CLICK HERE
Old 04-11-2012, 11:29 AM
Calguns Addict

I vehemently disagree with the expressed opinion, but it is possible that the person was well-meaning.

I understand the rather heated responses (kinda guilty myself) but I think we need to remember that some people just haven't thought it through and can be valuable defenders of liberty in the future even if they are mistaken right now.
Old 04-11-2012, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusrn View Post
+1 ! Earn it. Why do you persist with this post?

Earn it?

I spent twenty years active duty. You can't pick a day of the year that I haven't been gone or worked. Almost cost me my marriage.

Guess what?

I don't feel any other citizen has not earned their RKBA or that I am somehow more entitled to it or have done more to earn it.

Nothing against LEO's (my old man was one) because they went through some academy and got a few hours of instruction does not make them any more deserving of a RIGHT than any other citizen.

Why should they be treated as if their life is somehow more worth protecting than mine?
- David M. Bennett
Old 04-11-2012, 11:43 AM

Seriously? Some 4 post nube posts here "claiming" to be a LEO and makes some stupid remarks and he gets this much attention? How about we just let it go?

Kind of like my kid asking if he can drive the Vette when he gets his Lic. No response is necessary.

Just some troll throwing a grenade into the room and running off.
Old 04-11-2012, 11:44 AM

Zimmerman.
Old 04-11-2012, 12:25 PM
Calguns Addict

I don't want to see that guys name in this thread, it has nothing to do with this.

Shop at AMAZON to help Calguns Foundation

CRPA Life Member. Click here to Join.

NRA Member JOIN HERE/
Old 04-11-2012, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag360 View Post
I don't want to see that guys name in this thread, it has nothing to do with this.

Come on, don't be a Buzz killer, we have managed to work his name into about EVERY OTHER FREAKING POST!!!!!!!!!

Zimmerman, Zimmernan, Zimmerman, Zimmermaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnn.......
Old 04-11-2012, 12:38 PM

Just wanted to troll.
Old 04-11-2012, 12:58 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMANtt View Post
Just wanted to troll.
That's not how you troll. Real trolls bring up Glock. .
Old 04-11-2012, 12:59 PM

Or how Sigs are God's gift to firearms?
Old 04-11-2012, 1:19 PM

Who cares about guns? I'm just stoked that I can finally justify wearing my "authority glasses".
Old 04-11-2012, 3:52 PM

Not exactly sure where I claimed to be a Leo in this just stating my opinion. This seems like a unreasonable loophole. Get a ccw. I know they are harder to get now but hey as mentioned you guys elect the sheriff so elect someone else.

As for the prior military guys I greatly appreciate your service but your not in the military now. You may have better weapons training than a cop and all that but your still not a cop. Theres other training that goes along with. They don't just train a cop to use his gun, hand it to him and tell him go do his job.

I'm not against a ccw or a legit person having the right to carry but I think a loophole like this is ridiculous.
Old 04-11-2012, 4:36 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Not exactly sure where I claimed to be a Leo in this just stating my opinion. This seems like a unreasonable loophole. Get a ccw. I know they are harder to get now but hey as mentioned you guys elect the sheriff so elect someone else.

As for the prior military guys I greatly appreciate your service but your not in the military now. You may have better weapons training than a cop and all that but your still not a cop. Theres other training that goes along with. They don't just train a cop to use his gun, hand it to him and tell him go do his job.

I'm not against a ccw or a legit person having the right to carry but I think a loophole like this is ridiculous.
The loophole is ridiculous. You should not have to utilize a loophole in order to exercise your fundamental rights.

On the LEO thing? You do realize that the LEOSA covers retired cops? Kinda kills your argument about former military?. . .

The other thing is that we're not trying to do the job of LEO. We don't want to do the job of the LEO. So why do we need to have LEO training to carry in another state when we go there for a vacation like off-duty LEO's can do?

LEOSA is not simply saying that cops on duty outside their jurisdiction can carry firearms in the performance of their duties.

I have to disagree with you rather profoundly.

And maybe I should point out that I have a CCW already. That still doesn't let me legally set one foot in New York with my concealed firearm.

Last edited by OleCuss; 04-11-2012 at 4:38 PM..
Old 04-11-2012, 5:10 PM
AKA: Joe Censored
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Really don't care. If u want the rights of a cop become one. If u don't like Cali laws, leave.
OMG

Please show me where in the 2nd Amendment it says the rights of just cops to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

I'm going to guess though that you don't even have a clue what this thread is about and are just spouting off.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/516520
Old 04-11-2012, 5:12 PM
AKA: Joe Censored
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:

The people have a right to bear arms. Its really irrelevant what legal mechanism it is delivered by, whether it is a state issued LTC, constitutional carry, or a state issued and nationally recognized credential to carry such as this thread is about. The 2nd Amendment is not a loophole

http://store.steampowered.com/app/516520

Last edited by stix213; 04-12-2012 at 10:35 AM..
Old 04-11-2012, 6:15 PM

Quote:

I'm AD AF and I absolutely disagree. I was told that my military ID could be used as a CCW, but unfortunately that's not true. It should be that way, though. It's unbelievable what our men and women sacrifice to serve the greater good and how little they get in return. Sure, there's a steady paycheck and good benefits but it's a tough life. Tragedies like Fort Hood could have been prevented if we were allowed to carry weapons on base.

It's been proven time and time again that when **** hits the fan, the cops are never there or can't respond fast enough. Military bases, college campuses, you name the place, law abiding citizens should be able to utilize their 2nd Amendment rights and make those major disasters a small hiccup.
Old 04-11-2012, 6:21 PM
Veteran Member

I guess loopholes are reserved for politicians, police, lawyers, criminals ect...

The price of admission alone is worth getting these peoples panties in a bunch, CCW is a bonus.

"When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. When the government fears the people, there is liberty."~Thomas Jefferson
Old 04-11-2012, 6:24 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
[complete nonsense omitted]
Old 04-11-2012, 7:04 PM
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by zvardan View Post
Who cares about guns? I'm just stoked that I can finally justify wearing my "authority glasses".
Channeling your inner Cartman I see

Old 04-11-2012, 7:28 PM

So if everyone here was an leo does that mean ya'll would start lov'n cops or all hate each other?
Old 04-11-2012, 7:38 PM

Quote:
So you have nothing against someone with a LTC carrying a firearm--what exactly makes that person any more "legit" than us using LEOSA to carry?

Do us all a favor and learn more about this proposed legislation, natural rights, and logic in general before you ever post in here again.
Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound. -- L. Neil Smith

Old 04-11-2012, 7:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockit View Post
So if everyone here was an leo does that mean ya'll would start lov'n cops or all hate each other?
Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound. -- L. Neil Smith

Old 04-11-2012, 7:50 PM
Calguns Addict

I think we're gettin' a little harsh.

He's/she's wrong on many points, but he/she's also very new. He/she/it may prove able to learn.

After all, there is a huge fund of knowledge represented on this forum. Tough to assimilate it all. I've been around far longer than has Nm767 and I still sometimes get it flat wrong.

I admit that I like to think that I pay more attention to why people have told me I'm full of it - but I may be deceiving myself?

Last edited by OleCuss; 04-11-2012 at 7:55 PM..
Old 04-11-2012, 8:13 PM

When I say legit I mean non convicted felon. Someone who hasnt had his right/priveledge to carry revoked do to his actions.

But there are also those who do lose that right without commuting a crime. Take certain restraining orders like Emergency protection orders and domestic violence orders. They lose the right to bear arms and may have never even commited a crime.

Furthermore they are supposed to turn over any firearm even in the house.

So by legit I'm referring to someone who still has the right/priveledge.
Old 04-11-2012, 8:35 PM

When I say legit I mean non convicted felon. Someone who hasnt had his right/priveledge to carry revoked do to his actions.

But there are also those who do lose that right without commuting a crime. Take certain restraining orders like Emergency protection orders and domestic violence orders. They lose the right to bear arms and may have never even commited a crime.

Furthermore they are supposed to turn over any firearm even in the house.

So by legit I'm referring to someone who still has the right/priveledge.
Old 04-11-2012, 9:46 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
So by legit I'm referring to someone who still has the right/priveledge[sic].
So, in other words, you have no idea how issuance in CA works?
Old 04-11-2012, 10:31 PM

I simply saying I have nothing against a ccw for a person who has the right to have one.
Old 04-11-2012, 10:34 PM

Then what's the problem here?
Old 04-11-2012, 10:55 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orvis09 View Post
Then what's the problem here?
lol err, umm, because, this...is...different, it's not called a License to Carry a Concealed Revolver, Pistol, or Other firearm. its a completely new thing that I want to be angry about.

Shop at AMAZON to help Calguns Foundation

CRPA Life Member. Click here to Join.

NRA Member JOIN HERE/
Old 04-11-2012, 11:14 PM

Because this is not a ccw. Your talking getting another state to give you Leo credentials for the sole purpose of being able to carry anywhere as a cop can.

In my opinion I don't think it should be allowed. But I'd be surprised if something like this passed and lasted anyhow.

This isn't the 1700's anymore. I agree guns should be controlled to a point. In my opinion random citizens shouldn't be allowed to just strap a gun on and go around the country with it.

If you can get a ccw more power to you. But I don't think the average person is skilled or intelligent enough to have that power.
Old 04-11-2012, 11:20 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Because this is not a ccw. Your talking getting another state to give you Leo credentials for the sole purpose of being able to carry anywhere as a cop can.

In my opinion I don't think it should be allowed. But I'd be surprised if something like this passed and lasted anyhow.

This isn't the 1700's anymore. I agree guns should be controlled to a point. In my opinion random citizens shouldn't be allowed to just strap a gun on and go around the country with it.

If you can get a ccw more power to you. But I don't think the average person is skilled or intelligent enough to have that power.
Some would say the same about cops.
Glock Certified Armorer
Old 04-11-2012, 11:24 PM
Calguns Addict

The above post is a fail.
Old 04-11-2012, 11:25 PM
Calguns Addict

Not you, locosway... Damn posting from phone.
Old 04-11-2012, 11:27 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiteQwill View Post
The above post is a fail.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiteQwill View Post
Not you, locosway... Damn posting from phone.
Ok...
Glock Certified Armorer
Old 04-11-2012, 11:39 PM

Not to toot my own horn, but to make a point... I once took the POST entrance exam in California just a couple years ago and got an above average score of 64.1. Most cops average at 50. Academies will take candidates as low as 44 or even lower. Less than a year before I was denied a CCW permit. So, tell me... Just because I am curious... Assuming I meet your stated standard of "eligible" being that I'm not a criminal, am I somehow mentally deficient or unintelligent because I can't get a CCW even though I far outscore most who move on to academy and actually get hired? Now mind you, I mean no disrespect to anyone who doesn't score high... Not in the least. I personally didn't move forward in the CHP process because I blew my back preparing for the physical exam. I am now too old to be eligible for the CHP. I suppose that by your comment, my bad back means I can't think critically or perhaps even add one plus one.

I feel like I need to hand you a shovel. It seems that with each post you make you reveal your nature and it appears to me that you do not love the constitution. However, feel free to speak your mind. The first amendment is just as important as the second. Just know this, you are convincing nobody with the things you have to say of anything but the possibility that you have little understanding of what principles made this country great.

Last edited by pitchbaby; 04-11-2012 at 11:41 PM.. Reason: iPhone typing correction
Old 04-11-2012, 11:54 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
This pretty much says it all. It's the same old elitist crap that we see time and time again.

I've got news for you, pal, the rights enumerated in the Constitution belong to the average person. Obviously you don't give a **** about that, do you?

If you're so afraid of the average person carrying the quintessential self-defense tool then I suggest you move to another country where you'll feel all warm and safe. It's not like there aren't plenty of such countries to choose from. Meanwhile, those of us who value real freedom and understand the risks that go with it will stay and attempt to take back that freedom.
The Constitution is not "the Supreme Law of the Land, except in the face of contradicting law which has not yet been overturned by the courts". It is THE SUPREME LAW OF THE LAND, PERIOD. Your oath to uphold the Constitution is a joke unless you refuse to enforce unadjudicated laws you believe are Unconstitutional.

The real world laughs at optimism. And here's why.

I hope I end up having to donate another $1000 to CGF... However, this $500 is one I hope to not have to donate...
Old 04-12-2012, 12:05 AM

I like how you say "take back that freedom". You see what I think happened was someone somewhere realized that it was not a good idea to allow people to carry in these modern times, and started restricting your right to bear arms.

But good luck taking back your freedom.
Old 04-12-2012, 12:51 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
I like how you say "take back that freedom". You see what I think happened was someone somewhere realized that it was not a good idea to allow people to carry in these modern times, and started restricting your right to bear arms.

But good luck taking back your freedom.
Well, if you bothered to learn some History, you wouldn't have to "think" what happened, you'd know what happened. It started with the laws prohibiting blacks to own and carry guns, expanded into things like the Sullivan law in New York (passed to ensure that the "unionized" street robbers (that is those belonging to a gang) in New York didn't get killed by the people they were to mug), continued on to ensure that Chinese, Latinos, and other "undesirables" wouldn't be able to carry in places like CA (yep, that's where our restrictions on concealed carry hail from), and so on. So, your line of thinking has a good company, and what a proud tradition it is, indeed.
Originally Posted by SJgunguy24 View Post
Some people are so open minded, their brains have fallen out.

WTB: Saiga .223 bolt; HK G3 bolt; Chinese AK pistol grips; milled AK cut receiver pieces and stubs.
Old 04-12-2012, 1:30 AM

ban that troll already...u guys just let him poop all over this thread...wtf?
Old 04-12-2012, 1:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KandyRedCoi View Post
ban that troll already...u guys just let him poop all over this thread...wtf?
That's right ban me for having a different opinion and expressing it.