Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Shotgun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Shotgun discussions Trap, Hunting, Defense and more. A place for enthusiasts to discuss the shotgun.

Old 11-07-2009, 9:05 AM

Default FTE saiga 12 help

I picked up my saiga 12 yesterday took it to the range and every round failed to eject and I was having feeding problems as well. thats with bird shot and slugs and buck shot. i am using a promag 10 rounder. is there a solution to this problem?
the buckshot fails to feed and it ruins the front lip of the shell. please help
thanks
Old 11-07-2009, 9:16 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

First thing i would do is try the Original russian mag it came with. If it still doesnt eject the slugs or buckshot rounds, then you may have gas port issues. Some saigas came "defective" and didnt have the gas port holes drilled properly. I got one of those Saiga's, and sent it to Cadiz Gun Works, they are the authorized Saiga repair center. They paid for shipping and it shoots flawless now. Alot of people on here will say they need a break in period, that is true, but your Saiga should shoot slugls and buckshot no matter what. Contact Cadiz Gun works and they will help you determine wether or not it needs repair..
Old 11-07-2009, 12:16 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlcarbine View Post
I picked up my saiga 12 yesterday took it to the range and every round failed to eject and I was having feeding problems as well. thats with bird shot and slugs and buck shot. i am using a promag 10 rounder. is there a solution to this problem?
the buckshot fails to feed and it ruins the front lip of the shell. please help
thanks
Check it out with the OEM saiga mag first, and make sure you have the gas plug set properly.
Old 11-07-2009, 12:49 PM

Clean It - especially gas port - brush chamber - use quality ammo first 500 rounds. Brand new shot guns usually cycle very tightly for first 1000 rnds. Do not do any agrressive polishing to loosen it - let it wear in.

What point of the extraction cycle does it fail. Inition extraction {uncorking} or ejection.

***This DOES NOT constitute GOOD or SANE legal - professional gunsmithing - psychiatric MD - tax - accounting -gardening advice. Please contactact qualified a professional in their repective specialties.*** AWHHH go ahead and mix match specialities that could be funny!!!!!
Old 11-07-2009, 7:45 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Mine did this for the first range outing till I hit about 100rds. Would not always feed or eject rounds. Thanit started to cycle everything . Check you gas tube for 3 holes and use a probe to make sure they go into the barrel. If not it sunds like cadiz has a good handle on warranty work.
Mon-Fri 10-7 Sat 10-5 925-447-4743/510-470-3859
PROVIDING THE LARGEST SELECTION OF BLACK RIFLES IN THE TRI VALLEY /EAST BAY AREA.
MAGAZINE LOCKs AK/SAIGA 12/vz58 more to come . http://www.shop.solartactical.com/pr...&categoryId=20
DEALERS email us at sales@solartactical.com for pricing.
Old 11-07-2009, 8:10 PM

visit saiga12 forum. you will get tons of answer there. good luck
Old 11-07-2009, 8:16 PM

lol promag is your problem, toss that piece of junk out and you're good to go
Old 11-07-2009, 11:09 PM

thanks guys i thought it was the mag as well. the stock mag didnt have feeding problems but ejecting problems. ejecting problems as in not clearing the ejection port. it is going thru the initial cycle of coming back and cycling the next round then the spent shell getting stuck in the port.
I was using winchester 7 1/2 shot and federal 8 shot and of course fiocchi slugs and remington 00 buck.
I think I will go thru 200-300 rounds and let it wear in and if it continues sent it for warranty work.
thanks again
Old 11-07-2009, 11:42 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlcarbine View Post
thanks guys i thought it was the mag as well. the stock mag didnt have feeding problems but ejecting problems. ejecting problems as in not clearing the ejection port. it is going thru the initial cycle of coming back and cycling the next round then the spent shell getting stuck in the port.
I was using winchester 7 1/2 shot and federal 8 shot and of course fiocchi slugs and remington 00 buck.
I think I will go thru 200-300 rounds and let it wear in and if it continues sent it for warranty work.
thanks again
You have 2-fold problem. The mag was the cause of FTF, and high friction on the bolt/FCG/rail is the cause of the FTE (Stovepipe).

You can waste your ammo to wear them out , or you can polish all contact points to reduce friction and speed up the process.
Old 11-07-2009, 11:43 PM
Banned

use AGP mags also.